U.S. willing to help Damascus secure WMD

US Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta speaks during a press conference at the Pentagon in Washington, DC, on January 10, 2013. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
hmmm

United States

#22 Jan 13, 2013
George wrote:
<quoted text>
The proposal was rejected outright by the Syrian opposition -- including groups tolerated by the regime -- and the West.
Obviously, you have a problem understanding human nature.

The military arm of the revolution has been hijacked. If any groups 'tolerated' by the regime or by the West come out in favor of negotiations, they will be summarily targeted and annihilated by foreign extremists.

There are countless analogs in history. What just happened to the 3 Kurdish women in Paris, one a founder of the PKK?

Did Turkish agents assassinate them or did PKK extremists looking to sabotage any peace efforts? Either scenario is just as likely.

Take that scenario and multiply it ten thousand fold.

Really, you talk a lot but understand so very little.
George

Red Deer, Canada

#23 Jan 13, 2013
Chris wrote:
<quoted text>
George and Avenger do not think anything. They are not paid to think, but to keep repeating the script given to them. Their masters think that if they repeated the same script long enough, it will get stuck in someoneís heads; as it did in theirs. That does not work however, because other people think. But, letís understand the fellows for continuing to repeat their nonsense; one has to earn living somehow.
Well you are quite useless to discuss anything with. No matter what I say or link you twist it into your own demented opinion so do not bother answering me and I will do the same for you.
getogrips

UK

#24 Jan 13, 2013
George wrote:
<quoted text>
Well you are quite useless to discuss anything with. No matter what I say or link you twist it into your own demented opinion so do not bother answering me and I will do the same for you.
Most sensible course to take George, he always kills the bird before it's hatched hence you can't get a word in edgewise.
George

Red Deer, Canada

#25 Jan 13, 2013
getogrips wrote:
<quoted text>
Most sensible course to take George, he always kills the bird before it's hatched hence you can't get a word in edgewise.
You are wise beyond words, thank you.

With regard to the WMD, I am a believer that anyone, and I mean anyone can turn a bad thing into a good and moral thing. if we look at the WMD and Assad all of a sudden decided to bring in the US, Russia, UK and China and even Iran and said I want to have these dismantled and destroyed, I want to stop the bloodletting and this is what I am prepared to do, I believe the morale in the country could still be save and maybe even Assad can be saved, I said maybe, he still has some criminal activity to answer for but he may find an exile spot offered to him that he and his family can move to safety. Just a thought.
getogrips

UK

#26 Jan 13, 2013
George wrote:
<quoted text>
You are wise beyond words, thank you.
With regard to the WMD, I am a believer that anyone, and I mean anyone can turn a bad thing into a good and moral thing. if we look at the WMD and Assad all of a sudden decided to bring in the US, Russia, UK and China and even Iran and said I want to have these dismantled and destroyed, I want to stop the bloodletting and this is what I am prepared to do, I believe the morale in the country could still be save and maybe even Assad can be saved, I said maybe, he still has some criminal activity to answer for but he may find an exile spot offered to him that he and his family can move to safety. Just a thought.
Have you ever heard anything mentioned about the feud between Russia and Qatar about a gas pipeline to serve Europe's needs, well, apparently Assad signed a contract with Russia to allow the pipe to be laid across Syria, and Qatar are supporting the rebels to annul that process going ahead. Both Russia and Qatar are sitting on huge reserves of gas and that is why Russia is supporting Assad in this war, it's a two headed conflict that Russia and Qatar are fighting between themselves with Syria stuck in the middle. Whoever controls the pipeline controls Europe, and Europe would be better off dealing with Qatar who wouldn't hold them to ransom like Russia would. It's an interesting topic and one that makes common sense, I was skeptical why Russia was digging its heels in and now the truth is laid bare.

It would be interesting to hear what other readers think.

Syrian

New London, CT

#27 Jan 13, 2013
George wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you ever read articles, the Rebels never wanted the war in the first place, they are not the ones blowing up civilians with bombs, they ARE the ones killing SAA people but have wanted a negotiated peaceful settlement, however if you read carefully Assad does not want to talk with the people fighting him, not at all, he wants to choose an opposition to negotiate with, one that will agree with HIM, does that sound fair? This is the posting in the Syrian magazine this morning, one of Assads papers:
After Brahimi told the BBC on Wednesday that Assad's proposal was "more sectarian, more one-sided" than similar initiatives he had made in the past official media in Syria accused him of "flagrant bias."
Assad's plan called for dialogue, but only with groups deemed by the regime to be legitimate.
The proposal was rejected outright by the Syrian opposition -- including groups tolerated by the regime -- and the West.
So care to retype your statement? Sometimes I think it does not matter what you read you type the same response.
Do you really expect Assad to negotiate with those AlQaeda terrorists? They are the ones setting off car bombs on busy streets! Did the US negotiate with AlQaeda after they murdered 3,000 innocent American civilians at the World Trade Center??
George

Red Deer, Canada

#28 Jan 14, 2013
getogrips wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever heard anything mentioned about the feud between Russia and Qatar about a gas pipeline to serve Europe's needs, well, apparently Assad signed a contract with Russia to allow the pipe to be laid across Syria, and Qatar are supporting the rebels to annul that process going ahead. Both Russia and Qatar are sitting on huge reserves of gas and that is why Russia is supporting Assad in this war, it's a two headed conflict that Russia and Qatar are fighting between themselves with Syria stuck in the middle. Whoever controls the pipeline controls Europe, and Europe would be better off dealing with Qatar who wouldn't hold them to ransom like Russia would. It's an interesting topic and one that makes common sense, I was skeptical why Russia was digging its heels in and now the truth is laid bare.
Jay had posted an article from the Washington post and you are right it does make perfect sense. It also confirms the US was not a player in this war just these guys on this forum trying to establish good guy bad guy depending on their prejudices, bigotry and racism
George

Red Deer, Canada

#29 Jan 14, 2013
Syrian wrote:
<quoted text> Do you really expect Assad to negotiate with those AlQaeda terrorists? They are the ones setting off car bombs on busy streets! Did the US negotiate with AlQaeda after they murdered 3,000 innocent American civilians at the World Trade Center??
Today, absolutely not, because the terrorists are not the ones he should be negotiating with in the first place. he has had his chance of negotiation and now must let the war play out and take his chances at survival, unfortunately his family must take the risk with him and they are just innocents without any say.
Syrian

New London, CT

#30 Jan 14, 2013
George wrote:
<quoted text>
Today, absolutely not, because the terrorists are not the ones he should be negotiating with in the first place. he has had his chance of negotiation and now must let the war play out and take his chances at survival, unfortunately his family must take the risk with him and they are just innocents without any say.
The terrorists are the ones who are spearheading the insurgency! Negotiating with the FSA would be inconsequential, because the AlQaeda terrorists and Islamic extremists would not honor any accord that was agreed to.
Oliver Comwell

Preston, UK

#31 Jan 14, 2013
George wrote:
<quoted text>
Well let the ball roll,because those bearded flag waving wankers are being sentto Hell,i saw one on the news this evening laying the law down he was from Iraq.
Oliver Comwell

Preston, UK

#32 Jan 14, 2013
Syrian wrote:
<quoted text> The terrorists are the ones who are spearheading the insurgency! Negotiating with the FSA would be inconsequential, because the AlQaeda terrorists and Islamic extremists would not honor any accord that was agreed to.
Its clear the so called FSA who are just a mixed bunch of militias and those Jihadists are all one outfit,what did that Baboon Bush say you are either with us or against us.
Jesse Ventura

United States

#33 Jan 14, 2013
getogrips wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you're nuts.
Baba Bush

United States

#34 Jan 14, 2013
Oliver Comwell wrote:
<quoted text>
Its clear the so called FSA who are just a mixed bunch of militias and those Jihadists are all one outfit,what did that Baboon Bush say you are either with us or against us.
I SAID: "Either you're with us or against us, unless you're with us when we're not against you, otherwise you're against us when we're with you or maybe....fool me once, it's my fault and fool me again, please don't.

I hope that's clear.
getogrips

UK

#35 Jan 14, 2013
Jesse Ventura wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you're nuts.
What a coincidence.
George

Red Deer, Canada

#36 Jan 14, 2013
getogrips wrote:
<quoted text>
What a coincidence.
There was reference on a few threads of this forum with regard to the gas pipelines, so I think there is a lot of strength to what you are saying.
Syrian

New London, CT

#37 Jan 15, 2013
Baba Bush wrote:
<quoted text>
I SAID: "Either you're with us or against us, unless you're with us when we're not against you, otherwise you're against us when we're with you or maybe....fool me once, it's my fault and fool me again, please don't.
I hope that's clear.
Huh??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NATO Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NATO's North Atlantic Council Condemns Russia's... (Mar '14) 11 min Lukashenko is Dr ... 11,631
Russian military has close calls with civilian ... 16 hr Cassandra_ 5
Head of Stratfor, 'Private CIA,' Says Overthrow... 17 hr Cassandra_ 4
Russia gives blankets to Kosovo Serbs instead o... (Dec '11) Sun Paul Laidlaw 86
Russia-NATO Tactical Warplanes In Rapid Stand-o... Sat Bruce Lee 44
Albania and NATO enhance military co-operation Sat Kop 8
Locals get angry with pro-Russia separatists (May '14) Dec 18 t cls 1,095
More from around the web