U.S. willing to help Damascus secure WMD

US Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta speaks during a press conference at the Pentagon in Washington, DC, on January 10, 2013. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Syrian

New London, CT

#1 Jan 11, 2013
So now they want to help the Syrian government stop the rebel extremists from getting their hands on its "WMDs"?? LOL!!!
Rod Serling

United States

#2 Jan 11, 2013
Yowzah. It's Twilight Zone time.

They decriminalize pot in DC lately?
George

Red Deer, Canada

#3 Jan 11, 2013
Syrian wrote:
So now they want to help the Syrian government stop the rebel extremists from getting their hands on its "WMDs"?? LOL!!!
Syrian, do you ever read the articles before you comment, the article is stating that the US will help with securing WMD if Assad agrees to a peaceful solution, why is that an issue.
Syrian

New London, CT

#4 Jan 11, 2013
George wrote:
<quoted text>
Syrian, do you ever read the articles before you comment, the article is stating that the US will help with securing WMD if Assad agrees to a peaceful solution, why is that an issue.
Assad is all for a peaceful solution, but the rebels and the West insist that he first go away! How about a solution where the Syrian people can vote on who they want as President, instead of having one imposed on them by foreign powers and terrorists? Since when is bloodshed preferable to diplomacy?
jo jo

Ryde, Australia

#5 Jan 12, 2013
Syrian wrote:
<quoted text> Assad is all for a peaceful solution, but the rebels and the West insist that he first go away! How about a solution where the Syrian people can vote on who they want as President, instead of having one imposed on them by foreign powers and terrorists? Since when is bloodshed preferable to diplomacy?
I think the problem with that is that if Assad is a candidate there is a very high probability that he may actually win the election ,that would be a disaster for it's enemies, there's no other explanation.
hmmm

United States

#6 Jan 12, 2013
George wrote:
<quoted text>
Syrian, do you ever read the articles before you comment, the article is stating that the US will help with securing WMD if Assad agrees to a peaceful solution, why is that an issue.
Georgie, do you ever read your posts and try to redact the circular arguments and dead ends prior to posting them?
topologist

United States

#7 Jan 12, 2013
Any day now, the omniscient Susan Rice will declare history to be a mobius strip, with no right side, left side, inside or outside to it. LOL
Oliver Comwell

Cleveleys, UK

#8 Jan 12, 2013
Don't worry your stupid head Panetta,those weapons are already secure,the Syrians and Russians have secured them.
Syrian

New London, CT

#9 Jan 12, 2013
Oliver Comwell wrote:
Don't worry your stupid head Panetta,those weapons are already secure,the Syrians and Russians have secured them.
LOL!! Without a doubt!
George

Red Deer, Canada

#11 Jan 12, 2013
Syrian wrote:
<quoted text> Assad is all for a peaceful solution, but the rebels and the West insist that he first go away! How about a solution where the Syrian people can vote on who they want as President, instead of having one imposed on them by foreign powers and terrorists? Since when is bloodshed preferable to diplomacy?
If you remember during the ceasefire that was to happen but Assad announced he would not and used the ceasefire time to get a better location of the Rebels and increased the tanks effort, remember? The Rebels now do not trust him at all and that is the problem and why they ask that he have nothing to do with the election process and let them select a leader but again Assad announced that only he will select an opposition with his approval only so the distrust goes on.
George

Red Deer, Canada

#12 Jan 12, 2013
Oliver Comwell wrote:
Don't worry your stupid head Panetta,those weapons are already secure,the Syrians and Russians have secured them.
Assad should have all the chemical and biological weapons moved and stored in the basements of his palaces that way he will always be in control of them.
Oliver Comwell

Accrington, UK

#13 Jan 12, 2013
George wrote:
<quoted text>
Assad should have all the chemical and biological weapons moved and stored in the basements of his palaces that way he will always be in control of them.
Don't worry the Russians working with the Syrians have them well secured,just like they will have people supervising those S300 missiles and those Iskander missiles that are pointing at Turkey and Jordan.
Syrian

New London, CT

#14 Jan 12, 2013
George wrote:
<quoted text>
If you remember during the ceasefire that was to happen but Assad announced he would not and used the ceasefire time to get a better location of the Rebels and increased the tanks effort, remember? The Rebels now do not trust him at all and that is the problem and why they ask that he have nothing to do with the election process and let them select a leader but again Assad announced that only he will select an opposition with his approval only so the distrust goes on.
The rebels never adhered to the ceasefire. When they finally got together, they vowed never to end this conflict via diplomacy.
AtoZ

United States

#15 Jan 13, 2013
Jihad George wrote:
<quoted text>
If you remember during the ceasefire that was to happen but Assad announced he would not and used the ceasefire time to get a better location of the Rebels
Interesting. Why didn't the rebels use the opportunity to consolidate, reposition, reinforce, advance and re-arm?

Oh, I forgot....they did.
George

Red Deer, Canada

#16 Jan 13, 2013
AtoZ wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting. Why didn't the rebels use the opportunity to consolidate, reposition, reinforce, advance and re-arm?
Oh, I forgot....they did.
Hmmmm....let me think....yup you should be the one thinking then maybe you would not post such rediculous statements, research man, try it some time.
Syrian

New London, CT

#17 Jan 13, 2013
The rebels don't want a ceasefire. They don't care how many people will be killed in their doomed efforts to overthrow the country.
George

Red Deer, Canada

#18 Jan 13, 2013
Syrian wrote:
The rebels don't want a ceasefire. They don't care how many people will be killed in their doomed efforts to overthrow the country.
Do you ever read articles, the Rebels never wanted the war in the first place, they are not the ones blowing up civilians with bombs, they ARE the ones killing SAA people but have wanted a negotiated peaceful settlement, however if you read carefully Assad does not want to talk with the people fighting him, not at all, he wants to choose an opposition to negotiate with, one that will agree with HIM, does that sound fair? This is the posting in the Syrian magazine this morning, one of Assads papers:

After Brahimi told the BBC on Wednesday that Assad's proposal was "more sectarian, more one-sided" than similar initiatives he had made in the past official media in Syria accused him of "flagrant bias."

Assad's plan called for dialogue, but only with groups deemed by the regime to be legitimate.

The proposal was rejected outright by the Syrian opposition -- including groups tolerated by the regime -- and the West.

So care to retype your statement? Sometimes I think it does not matter what you read you type the same response.
Avenger

Kitchener, Canada

#19 Jan 13, 2013
George wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you ever read articles, the Rebels never wanted the war in the first place, they are not the ones blowing up civilians with bombs, they ARE the ones killing SAA people but have wanted a negotiated peaceful settlement, however if you read carefully Assad does not want to talk with the people fighting him, not at all, he wants to choose an opposition to negotiate with, one that will agree with HIM, does that sound fair? This is the posting in the Syrian magazine this morning, one of Assads papers:
After Brahimi told the BBC on Wednesday that Assad's proposal was "more sectarian, more one-sided" than similar initiatives he had made in the past official media in Syria accused him of "flagrant bias."
Assad's plan called for dialogue, but only with groups deemed by the regime to be legitimate.
The proposal was rejected outright by the Syrian opposition -- including groups tolerated by the regime -- and the West.
So care to retype your statement? Sometimes I think it does not matter what you read you type the same response.
Yep your right it doesn't matter what he reads.
He is blindly loyal to his master the bloody tyrant Assad.
Oliver Comwell

Poulton, UK

#20 Jan 13, 2013
George wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you ever read articles, the Rebels never wanted the war in the first place, they are not the ones blowing up civilians with bombs, they ARE the ones killing SAA people but have wanted a negotiated peaceful settlement, however if you read carefully Assad does not want to talk with the people fighting him, not at all, he wants to choose an opposition to negotiate with, one that will agree with HIM, does that sound fair? This is the posting in the Syrian magazine this morning, one of Assads papers:
After Brahimi told the BBC on Wednesday that Assad's proposal was "more sectarian, more one-sided" than similar initiatives he had made in the past official media in Syria accused him of "flagrant bias."
Assad's plan called for dialogue, but only with groups deemed by the regime to be legitimate.
The proposal was rejected outright by the Syrian opposition -- including groups tolerated by the regime -- and the West.
So care to retype your statement? Sometimes I think it does not matter what you read you type the same response.
Well Assad shouldn't talk to the Quislings who seem to live in London Paris and Washington, and i expect you think he should talk to the bearded wild eyed madmen with the black flags who fight with the so called FSA.
Chris

Toronto, Canada

#21 Jan 13, 2013
Oliver Comwell wrote:
<quoted text>
Well Assad shouldn't talk to the Quislings who seem to live in London Paris and Washington, and i expect you think he should talk to the bearded wild eyed madmen with the black flags who fight with the so called FSA.
George and Avenger do not think anything. They are not paid to think, but to keep repeating the script given to them. Their masters think that if they repeated the same script long enough, it will get stuck in someoneís heads; as it did in theirs. That does not work however, because other people think. But, letís understand the fellows for continuing to repeat their nonsense; one has to earn living somehow.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NATO Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NATO's North Atlantic Council Condemns Russia's... (Mar '14) 8 min uther pendragon 11,645
CYPRUS: Greece, Russia and Israel, building str... 1 hr Dervis Eroglu 4
Russian military has close calls with civilian ... 22 hr Cassandra_ 5
Head of Stratfor, 'Private CIA,' Says Overthrow... Sun Cassandra_ 4
Russia gives blankets to Kosovo Serbs instead o... (Dec '11) Sun Paul Laidlaw 86
Russia-NATO Tactical Warplanes In Rapid Stand-o... Sat Bruce Lee 44
Albania and NATO enhance military co-operation Sat Kop 8
More from around the web