The US Is Waging An All-Out Proxy War With Russia In Syria

Full story: Silicon Alley Insider

Ben Brumfield of CNN reported that U.S. troops arrived in Turkey today to man Patriot missile systems.
Comments
1 - 15 of 15 Comments Last updated Jan 5, 2013
Syrian

New London, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Excellent Article! This IS a war by proxy. Finally the truth is coming out!
Oliver Cromwell

Blackpool, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Syrian wrote:
Excellent Article! This IS a war by proxy. Finally the truth is coming out!
The Russians have been a little slow to catch on to this,even now Lavrov calls Nato our Western partners,don't know if he is being diplomatic or if he really believes it.
George

Red Deer, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

I believe this is an excellent article and does show both sides. Russia has said quite emphatically that the ships on the way are to remove Russian citizens that want to leave, they have also stated that the soldiers manning the air defense system are not Russian.

The Russians do NOT support Assad, they support Syria and that is the difference. Russia wants the Syrian people to be responsible for the regime change or to keep Assad in power, there is a difference.
Oliver Cromwell

Blackpool, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

George wrote:
I believe this is an excellent article and does show both sides. Russia has said quite emphatically that the ships on the way are to remove Russian citizens that want to leave, they have also stated that the soldiers manning the air defense system are not Russian.
The Russians do NOT support Assad, they support Syria and that is the difference. Russia wants the Syrian people to be responsible for the regime change or to keep Assad in power, there is a difference.
i saw a report that twenty four Iskander missiles have been deployed in Syria twelve pointing at Turkey where the US have just sent troops and missiles,and twelve pointing at Jordan where Terrorists are being trained before going into Syria,i believe those Iskander missiles will be operated by Russian military personnel, and you admit for the first time that Russia wants the Syrian people to decide its future,well done George.
bohart

Newport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

One good false flag operation could really ignite a flaming mess in this region with a war no one wants and one nobody would be able to figure out how it started afterwards.This is none of our business.
Syrian

New London, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

George wrote:
The Russians are against the Western agenda of "regime change". Those ships are unloading state of the art Iskander missiles, which are being placed there to DEFEND the Syrian government against foreign assault, and to effectively neutralize NATO's Patriot Missile systems. Russia opposes this "rebellion", and only wants diplomatic solutions.
George

Red Deer, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Syrian wrote:
<quoted text> The Russians are against the Western agenda of "regime change". Those ships are unloading state of the art Iskander missiles, which are being placed there to DEFEND the Syrian government against foreign assault, and to effectively neutralize NATO's Patriot Missile systems. Russia opposes this "rebellion", and only wants diplomatic solutions.
I think you need to read up on the patriot system, it is a defense system not an offense system.
John McCain

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Wow! This is even better than that suction cup thingy I got for X-mas from my wife.
Johnny McCain

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

George wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you need to read up on the patriot system, it is a defense system not an offense system.
LOL

You keep thinkin' that, little buckeroo. What's a better offense than to have a defense behind your offense neutering the other guy's defense/offense/nonsense?

Finally, a true 1st strike capability in my twilight years! Yahoooooo!!
jo jo

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

George wrote:
At last your talking sense now, Only Syrians can decide who their president may be through a political process, arming rebels will and has done nothing but caused death and destruction.
George

Red Deer, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Syrian

New London, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

George wrote:
<quoted text>
But it can be used to take out Syrian missiles targeted at rebel poisons on Syrian soil, as well as to defend against incoming missiles in condjunction with a Western air assault. It is ineffective against Russian Iskander missiles, which travel at Mach 7 or higher.
mystified

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

George wrote:
http://www.globalresearch.ca/p otential-military-confrontatio n-russia-arms-syria-with-power ful-ballistic-missiles/5314850
http://news.yahoo.com/us-troops-arrive-turkey...
http://rt.com/news/patriot-turkey-syria-iran-...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MIM-104_Patriot
Here is some updates on the missiles in question
Yeah, we know. They basically stink. They couldn't even take out half of Sadist Hussein's first generation scuds.

It's probably just window dressing to pacify Turkey.
jo jo

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

mystified wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, we know. They basically stink. They couldn't even take out half of Sadist Hussein's first generation scuds.
It's probably just window dressing to pacify Turkey.
Turkey wants the world to believe it's a victim of aggression ,it may fool it's citizens but not the world.
Syrian

New London, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

jo jo wrote:
<quoted text>Turkey wants the world to believe it's a victim of aggression ,it may fool it's citizens but not the world.
Assad has no interest in attacking Turkey. Those Russian missiles and personnel will block any Western notions of a military intervention in Syria.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••