Sacu at 100 eyes transformation

Apr 23, 2010 Full story: The Namibian

THE Southern African Customs Union will be transformed from a customs union into a body to deepen regional integration in southern Africa beyond the existing five member states and to 'serve as building block of an ever closer community' among the peoples of Southern Africa.

Full Story
Hlatshwayo Nhlanhla J

Ezulwini, Swaziland

#1 Apr 24, 2010
As it is SACU,s obectective to introduced or negotiate low tariffs and custom duties, I believe the can also move towards a total eradication of boader ristrictions on trade. Free trade would work well for us. Consider the issue of expences that foreigners in Botswana have to pay when going in there. Consider also the charges we go thorugh because our currency is quit lower that their. It is such issues that demand that sacu come together with sadc, and africa union to form the united states of africa. Europe was able to do it and it works well for them, we can also do it and it will do well for us.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Namibia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Namibia: Police to Register Job Seekers (Feb '13) 1 hr rejoice 7
windhoek , namibia safe abortion clinic +217782... Mon womens abortions dr 1
Best Hips and Butt enlargement Herbal cream and... (Apr '14) Dec 14 chracky mbeha 6
Mining Machinery Training +27713399330 Dec 11 Mitana Training 1
Mature WHITE Men Dec 9 maltees 2
I need a partner in Namibia (Jun '07) Dec 9 Betty 349
Domicile in Namibia- what do I need when crossi... (May '11) Dec 7 Lyn 54