I visited Morocco with my boyfriend 2 weeks ago and we stayed in Marrakech for one night and then did the Valley of the South Tour with Nomade-life . Since the pre-planning of the trip I was doing a lot of research on which dunes to visit and which agency to book. I am so glad I chose Nomade-life , Felicity answered all of my emails in a very short time and she was super helpful and patient with all of our questions. Our guide Cheik was amazing, very very knowledgeable about Morocco and with great experience in driving across the mountains. Please, if you are doing any tour to the dunes, don't try to save some money and book a cheap agency, the drive is very long and you really need an experienced driver and a decent 4x4. I read that a lot of people booked this kind of tours and went in a mini-bus... I can't imagine how uncomfortable that must've been. The best way is to go in a 4x4.

So, before booking the desert tour we weren't sure to do it or stay in Marrakech and just visit the nearby towns like Essaouira. I read a lot that a 3 day/2 night tour was a little bit tight to do. PLEASE DO IT!!!! You won't regret it. The first two days are amazing, you stop a lot and see beautiful landscapes and historic places so you don't even feel the long drive. The last day is basically driving back to Morocco with a couple of stops but I slept in the SUV because I was very tired of the previous two day touring. Then, when we got to Marrakech around 6 pm I had a lot of energy and was ready to go shopping to the souks!!

Also, if you are concerned about safety, please don't be. I was really surprised to find that Morocco is a very safe country. You can find police in the road on your way to the desert that are checking if you have your seat belts on. We actually didn't have them on and they stopped us and fined our guide. This left a really good impression since they care for tourist's safety.

What can I say about the desert experience? WOW, simply WOW. I came back with amazing pictures that all of my friends think are photoshopped, lol. Being in the desert and going to the top of the dunes is a unique experience that I'm very grateful to have lived. And I am very happy to have chosen Nomade-life because they really care for you to have an amazing experience. All of the lodging was great, the places were we stopped to have lunch were great too. Moroccans in general are very nice and they try to make your experience amazing. The night I spent in the desert at the Berber camp will be unforgettable for me. Those people are pure heart, especially Abdul. They try to encourage you to relax and not worry about a single thing. And FYI, the camp is more modern than you imagine, you can even take a shower and it has regular flushing toilets.

I know someday I'll return to Morocco and I will definitely contact Felicity and their team at Nomade-Life to plan another tour. Their prices are very reasonable and you get a high quality tour that is very safe.

Thanks Nomade-life !!