Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 Full story: News24 14,385

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking. Full Story
Dak-Original

Slough, UK

#13566 Jul 21, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you brother for your help and support. It seems we two are the only "fall guys" on this thread.
Allah will provide us strength to survive, Inshallah.
Salaam
MUQ
MUQ helper's admission of utter failure here!
Dak-Original

Slough, UK

#13567 Jul 21, 2013
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
Why will not speak out against the abuse, rape and murder of little girls caused by your religion?
ezdzit,MUQ and MUQ helper = 3! Not 2!
Dak-Original

Slough, UK

#13568 Jul 21, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
01. Why should “every nation” where jews went hated them? You did not answer that question properly.
1C. Who says Palestinians are not “displaced”? they are living in tents for past 60 years?
1D. Jews have been around for a long time, no doubt, but in a minority living under Christians or Muslims. It seems they are best as subjects and worst as rulers. Their past history proves that and the history of Israel for past 60 years proves this.
3. I do not want to “focus” my attention on any one. I am just stating the facts which I came to know. It were these Ashkenazi Jews who were behind that Zionist movement and it is they who are ruling Isreal.
4. Superpowers have been “controlling” the so called rulers of ME countries, but they have been always unfair when it comes to Israel.
Had they been fair and impartial, this situation would not have taken place.
I just do not see the logic of Europeans Love for Jews, all of a sudden? Why cant they give them a “safe heaven” in their own countries?
In my view Site selection for Israel was very wrong, it bode ill for Jews as well as for people of that area.
And our hind sight for past 60 years has been 100 % correct.
The “best course” should be for Europe and USA to stay neutral and let the combatants solve the matters themselves.
To this MUQ, fairness and impartiality means to accept the jihadists' agenda for the world!
Dak-Original

Slough, UK

#13569 Jul 21, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
01. Muslims immigrated to these nations after fulfilling their laws of Immigration. They did not went and “occupied” those nations.
It is therefore against natural justice that you want to turn them out, just based on your Racism and Ethnicity.
02. Why should we not concentrate on Isreal. It does not matter if it occupies 0.1 % or 0.001 % of ME.
Why do you not “donate” 0.1 % of Europe or USA and establish Jewish homeland there.
Charity begins at home, why are you advising us to donate our lands while you turned them out of your lands.
PS:
I gave a suggestion, some times back, that we take back all Muslims from Europe and you take back all Jews from Isreal.
How is that for a solution to both parties living in peace?
"our lands" is the give away for the jihadists agenda. To this MUQ the Palestine does mean control by muslims. Where would the Christian Palestinians feature in "our lands"? OH! MUQ!
Thinking

York, UK

#13572 Jul 21, 2013
A mummy fucktard and a daddy fucktard loved each other very much.
Lord Stannis wrote:
<quoted text>Where did THIS fucktard come from?

“Engaged to the love of my life”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#13573 Jul 21, 2013
Lord Stannis wrote:
Well, I'm assuming from his mother's vagina, but then again, he could have easily, and most likely, come from the other extremity.

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

#13574 Jul 21, 2013
Typical christhole who humiliates himself and has to change sock accounts frequently.
Lord Stannis wrote:

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#13575 Jul 21, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
I can gather what his story was from the bits and pieces I've heard so far.
I don't buy it.
Yeah...me either really. I keep thinking that he'll realize how stupid he sounds, but....nope...he just keeps comin back for more.

“Engaged to the love of my life”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#13576 Jul 22, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah...me either really. I keep thinking that he'll realize how stupid he sounds, but....nope...he just keeps comin back for more.
"I went to an atheist convention of satanic rituals and converted them all to Christianity."

I bet that'll be his next claim.

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#13577 Jul 22, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
Pop Zits!! Is that you ???
Naaa... it's "John" the stump

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#13578 Jul 22, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Fair point. We would mandate different specs today, but it looks like the design met the specs.
<quoted text>
If one of the ship's design criteria was being 'unsinkable' then it was clearly flawed. The shipyard met the fabrication specs as laid out by the designers and Naval Architects. There is a question whether the hull may have been made from an inferior quality of steel (" http://www.tms.org/pubs/journals/jom/9801/fel... ;) which might have contributed and could probably be 'blamed' on shipyard Bean Counters trying to save a buck. The 'water tight compartment' system not extending to the main deck didn't help, certainly a design flaw, but only in retrospect. This system was quite innovative and contributed to their over-confidence. That company guy urging the Captain to speed up on a route that included the possibility of ice bergs was pretty dumb. Captain's fault for listening. Jack and Rose smooching it up and distracting the lookouts didn't help. Oh the Humanity!

The design of a modern sea-going vessel incorporates the accumulated wisdom of thousands of years of humans plying the oceans. Yet, they are still lost, the designs and safety systems continue to evolve. There is no 'perfect' ship.

This process is directly analogous to Human Evolution. We are the result of millions of years of starts, stops and adaptations to meet the ever changing demands of a capricious Mother Nature. All extant life forms share certain successful biological systems and since Momma Nature wastes nothing, we all carry around a little genomic 'excess baggage'.

But ... what does it matter. Our imperfections have always been around and the questions they generate about our "Perfect Creator" have always been answered. We screwed ourselves over opening Pandora's Magic Box or listening to talking snakes.

I bet if we would all just 'worship really hard' we could get the Old Codger to forgive us and return us to our former state of perfection. LOL

Texas, USA

#13579 Jul 22, 2013
Lord Stannis wrote:
<quoted text>There is a thread on the Evolution Debate forum called "Examples of UNintelligent Design of the Human Body."
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/evolution/TPA...
We seem 'designed' to fall apart. Usually painfully and while messing ourselves. The godbots, of course, blame it all on Eve, a gullible woman who ensured that all humanity (and women in particular) must suffer. They do. We do.

I would think carrying a grudge this long would be a major flaw in the psychology of a supposedly "perfect" Creator Being. We Unbelievers, I suppose, perpetuate Humanity's misery, God only providing relief on an individual basis as we stand in review at the Pearly Gates.

Anyway, thanks for the link! That's quite a list of 'unintelligent design' flaws. Our Old Codger is quite the prankster!!
Thinking

York, UK

#13580 Jul 22, 2013
I reckon we will have lost the majority of our genetic information somewhere down the line.

It's really difficult to quantify, but we've found much larger genomes. The largest found so far - that of a mountain flower - is fifty times larger than ours.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/science-ne...

Here's an article on how mammalian genomes have been shrinking over the last millions of years.

http://science.slashdot.org/story/09/07/01/13...
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
If one of the ship's design criteria was being 'unsinkable' then it was clearly flawed. The shipyard met the fabrication specs as laid out by the designers and Naval Architects. There is a question whether the hull may have been made from an inferior quality of steel (" http://www.tms.org/pubs/journals/jom/9801/fel... ;) which might have contributed and could probably be 'blamed' on shipyard Bean Counters trying to save a buck. The 'water tight compartment' system not extending to the main deck didn't help, certainly a design flaw, but only in retrospect. This system was quite innovative and contributed to their over-confidence. That company guy urging the Captain to speed up on a route that included the possibility of ice bergs was pretty dumb. Captain's fault for listening. Jack and Rose smooching it up and distracting the lookouts didn't help. Oh the Humanity!
The design of a modern sea-going vessel incorporates the accumulated wisdom of thousands of years of humans plying the oceans. Yet, they are still lost, the designs and safety systems continue to evolve. There is no 'perfect' ship.
This process is directly analogous to Human Evolution. We are the result of millions of years of starts, stops and adaptations to meet the ever changing demands of a capricious Mother Nature. All extant life forms share certain successful biological systems and since Momma Nature wastes nothing, we all carry around a little genomic 'excess baggage'.
But ... what does it matter. Our imperfections have always been around and the questions they generate about our "Perfect Creator" have always been answered. We screwed ourselves over opening Pandora's Magic Box or listening to talking snakes.
I bet if we would all just 'worship really hard' we could get the Old Codger to forgive us and return us to our former state of perfection. LOL

Texas, USA

#13581 Jul 22, 2013
Oh and on that "designed to fall apart" note ... we are. Momma Nature knows about 'transcription errors' and she knows that if organisms were 'allowed' to live forever or breed indefinitely, we would eventually be passing a lot of seriously screwed up genes down the line. Can't let that happen.

She's in it for the species, boys, so let's keep those zippers up and both hands on the wheel!!!

Texas, USA

#13582 Jul 22, 2013
Thinking wrote:
I reckon we will have lost the majority of our genetic information somewhere down the line.
It's really difficult to quantify, but we've found much larger genomes. The largest found so far - that of a mountain flower - is fifty times larger than ours.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/science-ne...
Here's an article on how mammalian genomes have been shrinking over the last millions of years.
http://science.slashdot.org/story/09/07/01/13...
<quoted text>
Those giant genomes are cool and are trying to tell us something fundamental. I think they're little repositories of all the biological tricks Momma Nature has learned over the billions of years. Just a crack-pot hypothesis.

I'll study the links and get back to ya!
Thinking

York, UK

#13583 Jul 22, 2013
Nature knows nothing.
RHill wrote:
Oh and on that "designed to fall apart" note ... we are. Momma Nature knows about 'transcription errors' and she knows that if organisms were 'allowed' to live forever or breed indefinitely, we would eventually be passing a lot of seriously screwed up genes down the line. Can't let that happen.
She's in it for the species, boys, so let's keep those zippers up and both hands on the wheel!!!
Thinking

York, UK

#13584 Jul 22, 2013
I believe "big" DNA is a consequence of running the mathematics for long enough. I don't see nature itself learning anything.
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Those giant genomes are cool and are trying to tell us something fundamental. I think they're little repositories of all the biological tricks Momma Nature has learned over the billions of years. Just a crack-pot hypothesis.
I'll study the links and get back to ya!

Texas, USA

#13585 Jul 22, 2013
Thinking wrote:
I believe "big" DNA is a consequence of running the mathematics for long enough. I don't see nature itself learning anything.
<quoted text>
Don't mistake my anthropomorphizing "Momma Nature" as a belief in nature being sentient in any sense. Blind, deaf, dumb, uncaring and unaware (anthropomorphizing again)... that's our Momma Nature! A system of wholly physical components interacting, often predictably, based upon properties established when the Universe was micro-seconds old.

Even so, the Old Girl managed to come up with a molecule that seems to make replicating itself something of a priority. It pursues this priority (anthropomorphizing again) with a single minded (anthropomorphizing again) intensity that has resulted in the plethora of lifeforms we observe today. The DNA molecule comes closest to seeming 'sentient' as it inserts copies of itself into every viable niche and cranny on the planet.

I'm just musing that some of those giant genomes contain DNA copies that stretch, unbroken, further back in time. Probably quite silly really, but, it's how I amuse myself.

The mammalian genome starting to shrink coincidental to the CT event is interesting. Your link linked to charts indicating that some of the biggest genomes belonged to some of the simplest (hardiest?), most ubiquitous, creatures. Hmmmmmm.

Texas, USA

#13586 Jul 22, 2013
I'm picturing God now ... floating alone amongst all the magnificent matter he just created in the Big Bang. He conjures a DNA molecule, places it gently upon the surface of a nutritious, cosmic booger. Uttering a single command "SURVIVE!" as he flicks it from a mighty finger (none to gently) into space.

<he then retires to another dimension never to be seen or heard from again>
Thinking

York, UK

#13587 Jul 22, 2013
Fair comments. I know you get it. It's just that some posters may look to any anthropomorphisation as belief in design.

With regards to why some of the least complex organisms have some of the largest genomes, I look at this as more evidence of non design.

We have 2x10^30kg of fusing hydrogen and helium one AU away and no mandate for lifeforms to use it as efficiently as possible, other than as a result of natural selection.
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't mistake my anthropomorphizing "Momma Nature" as a belief in nature being sentient in any sense. Blind, deaf, dumb, uncaring and unaware (anthropomorphizing again)... that's our Momma Nature! A system of wholly physical components interacting, often predictably, based upon properties established when the Universe was micro-seconds old.
Even so, the Old Girl managed to come up with a molecule that seems to make replicating itself something of a priority. It pursues this priority (anthropomorphizing again) with a single minded (anthropomorphizing again) intensity that has resulted in the plethora of lifeforms we observe today. The DNA molecule comes closest to seeming 'sentient' as it inserts copies of itself into every viable niche and cranny on the planet.
I'm just musing that some of those giant genomes contain DNA copies that stretch, unbroken, further back in time. Probably quite silly really, but, it's how I amuse myself.
The mammalian genome starting to shrink coincidental to the CT event is interesting. Your link linked to charts indicating that some of the biggest genomes belonged to some of the simplest (hardiest?), most ubiquitous, creatures. Hmmmmmm.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Middle East Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 3 min Tim Osman 118,678
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 7 min TRD 68,647
Cyprus President says won't return to 'dialogue... 10 min Mkz6 57
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 47 min Mandela 70,075
Obama to broaden US effort to combat militants 50 min Cat74 1,366
Syrian's kidnapping shows Islamic State's reach... 2 hr Dander 3
Israel's Fight to Save Civilization 3 hr Are2DTwo 11

Middle East People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE