Syria: US denies Assad regime has used chemical weapons - live updates

Jan 16, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Guardian

As Reuters reports, the US has denied the substance of this. Tommy Vietor, the White House National Security Council spokesman, said in a statement: The reporting we have seen from media sources regarding alleged chemical weapons incidents in Syria has not been consistent with what we believe to be true about the Syrian chemical weapons programme.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of32
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
truth always beats lIes23

Covington, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

The Syrian government has every right to use EVERY weapon it has to fight against the mass murdering terrorist which are attacking the country of Syria.Any other country being attacked by foreign funded/armed terrorist would do the same thing.

Covington, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Pathetic hasbarat jew go back to using your other name A$$forhire.

Since: Dec 12

Kolomotu'a

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

truth always beats lIes23 wrote:
The Syrian government has every right to use EVERY weapon it has to fight against the mass murdering terrorist which are attacking the country of Syria.Any other country being attacked by foreign funded/armed terrorist would do the same thing.
Using chemical weapons against your own people? Friend, you'll be using a weapon that is for mass killing. Isnt it a bit extreme to suggest to use it, wouldn't you say?
Rabbi Mabbi

Syria

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Yo soy hasbarat por mi pais Israel!
Eres Hezborat you pequeno raton
Rabbi Mabbi

Syria

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Yo soy hasbarat por mi pais Israel!
Now a Spanish Jew...hahaha...it is not Hasbarat but Hezbollah who will finish you

Covington, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

inv e wrote:
<quoted text>
Using chemical weapons against your own people? Friend, you'll be using a weapon that is for mass killing. Isnt it a bit extreme to suggest to use it, wouldn't you say?
Terrorist are no ones people they are terrorist plain and simple so give your tired scripted lines a rest.The Syrian government has every right to use any weapon they have to fight the mass murdering killers and other assorted terrorist that are in Syria and being armed and funded by the american government and israel.

Kolomotu'a

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>Terrorist are no ones people they are terrorist plain and simple so give your tired scripted lines a rest.The Syrian government has every right to use any weapon they have to fight the mass murdering killers and other assorted terrorist that are in Syria and being armed and funded by the american government and israel.
People are people, and label them terrorists if you like. If Assad's planes are dropping bombs on suburbs imagine what chemical weapons will do?? It would be disastrous, you can't really control where the chemical gases will go, i fear many innocent people will die if it ever came to that. Are those lives worth it?

Covington, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

inv e wrote:
<quoted text>
People are people, and label them terrorists if you like. If Assad's planes are dropping bombs on suburbs imagine what chemical weapons will do?? It would be disastrous, you can't really control where the chemical gases will go, i fear many innocent people will die if it ever came to that. Are those lives worth it?
That deflection tactic is not going to work either hasbarat.When people engage in terrorist acts like those paid terrorist are doing in Syria they are called terrorist which is what they are and the Syrian government has every right to fight them any way it can.Just as any other country would do. I find it disgusting as do many other americans that american tax dollars are going to fund terrorist in Syria just as they did in Libya.The american people must unite and stop this abuse of their taxes.

Kolomotu'a

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

<quoted text>That deflection tactic is not going to work either hasbarat.When people engage in terrorist acts like those paid terrorist are doing in Syria they are called terrorist which is what they are and the Syrian government has every right to fight them any way it can.Just as any other country would do. I find it disgusting as do many other americans that american tax dollars are going to fund terrorist in Syria just as they did in Libya.The american people must unite and stop this abuse of their taxes.
Pardon me my friend for saying I'm not the one deflecting here. Your right, a country has a right to defend itself, but you must agree there are risks that need to be weighed. Some weapons are more risky in affecting innocent lives than others. If you fight an army using guerilla warfare, and that hide amongst a population, which you claim these terrorists in Syria do, using chemical weapons is an outrageous proposition. Such a little regard to civilian life.
thinking man

Taiwan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>Terrorist are no ones people they are terrorist plain and simple so give your tired scripted lines a rest.The Syrian government has every right to use any weapon they have to fight the mass murdering killers and other assorted terrorist that are in Syria and being armed and funded by the American government and Israel.
I might agree with you if the weapons in question did not kill indiscriminately. However, they do. Unleashing something like that amongst your own people is grounds for a bullet in the head.

Covington, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

thinking man wrote:
<quoted text>
I might agree with you if the weapons in question did not kill indiscriminately. However, they do. Unleashing something like that amongst your own people is grounds for a bullet in the head.
No its called defending your country and citizens as a world leader is susposed to from a foreign funded terrorist group in the pay of the american government and israel.

Covington, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

inv e wrote:
<quoted text>
Pardon me my friend for saying I'm not the one deflecting here. Your right, a country has a right to defend itself, but you must agree there are risks that need to be weighed. Some weapons are more risky in affecting innocent lives than others. If you fight an army using guerilla warfare, and that hide amongst a population, which you claim these terrorists in Syria do, using chemical weapons is an outrageous proposition. Such a little regard to civilian life.
Yes george you deflect from reality of real subjects or facts you do not want to face as you always do hiding behind a never ending list of names.Yes I agree the american government and israel do have little regard for HUMAN life period and their funding of a terrorist proxie force in Syria and Libya are prime examples of this.
Chris

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

inv e wrote:
<quoted text>
No use to twist the logic; you are transparent. You do not care for human lives which terrorist take, just for those which Assad takes; so you are not concerned for human lives, but you are here for propaganda purposes.

Kolomotu'a

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

<quoted text>Yes george you deflect from reality of real subjects or facts you do not want to face as you always do hiding behind a never ending list of names.Yes I agree the american government and israel do have little regard for HUMAN life period and their funding of a terrorist proxie force in Syria and Libya are prime examples of this.
I'm sorry TABL, I would probably try convince you I'm not George but I doubt you will accept what I will say. I'm afraid you may be a little confused friend, i was referring to the chemical weapons, by using it will show a little regard to human life. Whether USA and Israel is sponsoring terrorists is a whole other discussion we've been over.

Kolomotu'a

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Chris wrote:
<quoted text>
No use to twist the logic; you are transparent. You do not care for human lives which terrorist take, just for those which Assad takes; so you are not concerned for human lives, but you are here for propaganda purposes.
So we finally admit Assad has been taking lives, thats a start. I care for lives taken from all kinds of people. If there are terrorists killing innocent people, then that's just as terrible. But I do ask why, if there are terrorists, does the regime seem to adopt tactics that look more like suppression of an uprising than counter-terrorism?
George

Red Deer, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

inv e wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry TABL, I would probably try convince you I'm not George but I doubt you will accept what I will say. I'm afraid you may be a little confused friend, i was referring to the chemical weapons, by using it will show a little regard to human life. Whether USA and Israel is sponsoring terrorists is a whole other discussion we've been over.
Sorry INV E, this guy assumes anyone that has an opinion opposite his must be George, so lets just assume he is talking of an opinion and not you my friend. As far as Chris well he is just a fanatic without a conscience.

Covington, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

inv e wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said before using different words and structuring your sentences differently does not change who you are anymore than using different names does "friend".Yes we have been over the FACT that the american government and israel support the terrorist in Syria as they have openly stated this many times.

Covington, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Chris wrote:
<quoted text>
Right you are Chris!!

Covington, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

inv e wrote:
<quoted text>
So we finally admit Assad has been taking lives, thats a start. I care for lives taken from all kinds of people. If there are terrorists killing innocent people, then that's just as terrible. But I do ask why, if there are terrorists, does the regime seem to adopt tactics that look more like suppression of an uprising than counter-terrorism?
Because those are the tactics that must be used when terrorist are hiding in areas populated by civilians as you terrorist supporters know well.Yes the Assad government has killed terrorist and only terrorist as any government faced with the same situation would do.

Covington, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

George wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry INV E, this guy assumes anyone that has an opinion opposite his must be George, so lets just assume he is talking of an opinion and not you my friend. As far as Chris well he is just a fanatic without a conscience.
Stop talking to yourself hasbarat (paid liar).

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of32
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

17 Users are viewing the Middle East Forum right now

Search the Middle East Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
UK Jews feel anti-Semitic backlash 14 min Jewman 35
Thousands march in downtown Chicago in support ... 21 min bensleys thoughts 1
Cypriots mark 40th anniversary of invasion 34 min Themistocles 21
Erdogan criticises west's silence on Israeli ag... 42 min Bridges Gjibril 102
Turkey declares 3-day mourning over Gaza 44 min Bridges Gjibril 9
US wants international push for Mideast cease-fire 50 min Abu Mohammed 2
Turkey Concerned About Election Of Israel's New... 1 hr EurOurCrisis 51
•••
•••