Trade puts U.S.-Russian relations at turning point

Full story: The Modesto Bee

Is Russia a friend, foe or frenemy? That question hangs over Congress as lawmakers ponder whether to grant a former adversary normalized trade relations.
Comments
61 - 71 of 71 Comments Last updated Nov 20, 2012
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Syrian

New London, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

neutral observer wrote:
<quoted text>
No. What the boneheaded idea about arming Islamic mujahedeen in Afghanistan during the Carter and REagan administrations proved is quite the opposite. The secular Soviet backed regime in Kabul would never have done anything like 9/11. It was no threat to the west. It was only because Washington supported Islamic radicalism that...
Encouraging regime change in the Moslem world only benefits folks like Al Quieda and Hezbollah. We are much better off with the Quadafis and Assads still in...
Yes, Western foreign policy is beyond insane!!

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

It's to be expected from imperialistic filthy pigs.
max

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Syrian wrote:
<quoted text> Yes, Western foreign policy is beyond insane!!
please, move to russia, or to any eastern country for that matter. Oh, wait, the lifestyle, the money, the freedom, all to good here. If you think the eastern countries are so being victims of the west then move there, insert your wisdom and manpower to change it.
No, its easier to sit here on your fat ass in a comfortable reclyner warm home, hidden behing a computer, and complain.
Its traitors like you that need to be shot.
Better yet, move in with demetrii, you two make a perfect couple.
max

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Dimitri100 wrote:
It's to be expected from imperialistic filthy pigs.
are you always this stupid, or is today a special ocassion?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

max wrote:
<quoted text>are you always this stupid, or is today a special ocassion?

How would you know idiot?

you can't even spell occasion.

now get lost, scram.
max

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Dimitri100 wrote:
<quoted text>.
How would you know idiot?
you can't even spell occasion.
now get lost, scram.
Oh, I have alot of your post, youre in your only little world. Actually you have diarrhea of the mouth and constipation of the brain.
Did you make it past the second grade?
ocxz

Reunion

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

neutral observer wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you suggesting it rational for NATO to rain death on cities from the air but only in small weak nations unable to defend themselves? Is that not criminal?
I was just commenting on the concept of nuclear weapons, where did you see i was suggesting such a thing about NATO ?
Peace is best thing

Calgary, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

I think the time was not that wrong for the west to capitalize on Libya as the mighty Russia and China have admiited of their strategic blunder. But in case of Syria, Iran they both mighty ones have positioned themselves militarily to go even big bang(even nuclear thing well talked of by both).

I can only pray and wish for peace and de- escallation of the hostilities any where in middle East. Even Turks are not as hot as they were couple weeks ago and even the mightiest America is not stepping in as it did in Libya case.

I AGAIN EMPHACIZE PEACE. IF BY FOLLY, WE SLIP INTO WW3, THERE WILL BE END OF OUR LOVABLE AND SWEET HUMANITY-- ALL HUMANITY.WE HAVE TO QUIT BEING BELLICOSE AND START TALKING PEACE AND LOVE FOR ALL PLACES AND ALL PEOPLE.THE ISSUE IS NOT JUST SYRIA ALONE, THE DANGER IS THAT IT IS AIMED AT RUSSIA- CHINA BEING BROUGHT DOWN THROUGH SOME VERY COMPLEX EQUATIONS. WE WISH GRANDNESS TO AMERICA AND EUROPE TOO AND PLEASE WORK ON LINES OF PEACE AS WE WILL ALL WIN ONLY THROUGH PEACE. BURRY THE HATCHET AND BRING OUT YOUR LOVELY FLOWERS FOR OUR ALL PRETTY AND BEAUTIFUL MANKIND.
Syrian

New London, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Peace is best thing wrote:
I think the time was not that wrong for the west to capitalize on Libya as the mighty Russia and China have admiited of their strategic blunder. But in case of Syria, Iran they both mighty ones have positioned themselves militarily to go even big bang(even nuclear thing well talked of by both).
I can only pray and wish for peace and de- escallation of the hostilities any where in middle East. Even Turks are not as hot as they were couple weeks ago and even the mightiest America is not stepping in as it did in Libya case.
I AGAIN EMPHACIZE PEACE. IF BY FOLLY, WE SLIP INTO WW3, THERE WILL BE END OF OUR LOVABLE AND SWEET HUMANITY-- ALL HUMANITY.WE HAVE TO QUIT BEING BELLICOSE AND START TALKING PEACE AND LOVE FOR ALL PLACES AND ALL PEOPLE.THE ISSUE IS NOT JUST SYRIA ALONE, THE DANGER IS THAT IT IS AIMED AT RUSSIA- CHINA BEING BROUGHT DOWN THROUGH SOME VERY COMPLEX EQUATIONS. WE WISH GRANDNESS TO AMERICA AND EUROPE TOO AND PLEASE WORK ON LINES OF PEACE AS WE WILL ALL WIN ONLY THROUGH PEACE. BURRY THE HATCHET AND BRING OUT YOUR LOVELY FLOWERS FOR OUR ALL PRETTY AND BEAUTIFUL MANKIND.
Yes, and that is why the West needs to stay the hell out of the Middle East!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Peace is best thing wrote:

Why don't you go and preach your drivel to racist nazi USA?

the are the problem, imperialist bastards.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

they

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••