Syrian rebels threaten attacks on Russians

Syrian rebels behind the kidnapping of Ukrainian journalist Ankhar Kochneva have released a video threatening more attacks on Russians and Ukrainians, as the deadline for her execution approached Thursday. Full Story
First Prev
of 11
Next Last
Syrian

New London, CT

#1 Dec 14, 2012
Those rebel fools are inviting Russian Special Forces to come in and obliterate them!
Warrior Poet UG X

Madras, OR

#2 Dec 16, 2012
Oh that couldn't possibly happpen. All the Russian apologists keep telling us how Russia never involves herself in other countries' affairs.
Oliver Cromwell

Southport, UK

#3 Dec 16, 2012
Warrior Poet UG X wrote:
Oh that couldn't possibly happpen. All the Russian apologists keep telling us how Russia never involves herself in other countries' affairs.
When a Nations Citizens are threatened it becomes their affair you should know that,or is it different rules for Russia?
George

Red Deer, Canada

#4 Dec 16, 2012
I do not support the kidnapping of this young lady that was simply trying to keep people informed, however Assad has made it very public that he has and will continue to arrest any media people and put them in jail, I believe he has several dozen now. So was this person under different rules in Syria?

As far as Russia, they are in a tough spot because they have been supplying the weapons to kill Rebels so I do not think they will get preferential treatment, although I do hope she will be released.
Oliver Cromwell

Accrington, UK

#5 Dec 16, 2012
George wrote:
I do not support the kidnapping of this young lady that was simply trying to keep people informed, however Assad has made it very public that he has and will continue to arrest any media people and put them in jail, I believe he has several dozen now. So was this person under different rules in Syria?
As far as Russia, they are in a tough spot because they have been supplying the weapons to kill Rebels so I do not think they will get preferential treatment, although I do hope she will be released.
When did Assad say he would arrest Journalists?now if you are talking about Foreign agents masquerding as Journalists thats anoher matter,its believed some of those so called Journalists gave intel to Nato so they could target Gadaffi and his Family,as you know those heroes managed to murder several members of his family including children.
George

Red Deer, Canada

#6 Dec 16, 2012
Oliver Cromwell wrote:
<quoted text>
When did Assad say he would arrest Journalists?now if you are talking about Foreign agents masquerding as Journalists thats anoher matter,its believed some of those so called Journalists gave intel to Nato so they could target Gadaffi and his Family,as you know those heroes managed to murder several members of his family including children.
Where are you hiding, Assad has said the country is closed to the media of any kind and would not allow them. He even stopped the media when the UN was doing the tour and would only allow SANA to be a media representative, for obvious reasons.

Soldiers masquerading as journalists is a different story and fair game in being arrested for both sides. Look at the Ukranian girl she pretended and got caught. Journalists to not bare arms.
Oliver Cromwell

Cleveleys, UK

#7 Dec 16, 2012


So how did Tim Marshall from SKY news get into one of Assads prisons to interview some of your Foreign Terrorist friends?why the Syrians have bothered taking the bastards alive i don't know,shows how they believe in the rule of Law unlike yor head hacking friends.
Syrian

New London, CT

#8 Dec 30, 2012
Warrior Poet UG X wrote:
Oh that couldn't possibly happpen. All the Russian apologists keep telling us how Russia never involves herself in other countries' affairs.
Just like the US doesn't?
Jay

Sherwood Park, Canada

#9 Dec 30, 2012
Oliver Cromwell wrote:
<quoted text>
When did Assad say he would arrest Journalists?now if you are talking about Foreign agents masquerding as Journalists thats anoher matter,its believed some of those so called Journalists gave intel to Nato so they could target Gadaffi and his Family,as you know those heroes managed to murder several members of his family including children.
Assad's police will detain any journalist not under government approval, supervision, and escort. That's why media types are coming in by smugglers through Lebanon, Jordan and Turkey. Very risky and sure some are real time informants but others are the real deal. I wouldn't say the media was heavily infiltrated by agents in Libya. Your from Britain and must have heard about the trouble the British delegation originally had communicating with the rebel forces there. After their hot/cold meetings SAS guys in civilian attire where attached to almost every militia group to communicate, organize and provide accurate grid square coordinates for NATO airstrikes, you can easily spot them on Internet photos... White guy with 3-5 hand held radios. On the CPAC channel here the commander of the NATO effort was a Canadian general he gave an assessment to a international seminar he explained the biggest obstacle for advancing militias where Ukrainian and Russian mercenaries performing sniper operations. The British advisors proved to be pinpoint accurate in guiding airstrikes on their locations thus speeding up the current governments advance to victory and minumulizing civilian fatalities. I believe if NATO had not assisted the rebels in Libya we would have seen the same carnage like in Syria.(Ukraine is still negotiating the release of their nationals that where captured)
Oliver Cromwell

Blackburn, UK

#10 Dec 30, 2012
you can easily spot them on Internet photos... White guy with 3-5 hand held radios. I did spot them at the time,and my Government said they were not their,its quite clear the Government thinks we are all stupid,but you keep talking about Nato,what they did in Libya was illegal once again,if they hadn't gone in, Gadaffi would have sorted those Jihadist nutters and traitors out in Bengahzi and that would have been the end of it,there would have been no massacre thats bullshit,Nato killed more people than Gadaffi,have you seen what those heroes did to the City of Sirte?
Syrian

New London, CT

#11 Dec 30, 2012
Oliver Cromwell wrote:
you can easily spot them on Internet photos... White guy with 3-5 hand held radios. I did spot them at the time,and my Government said they were not their,its quite clear the Government thinks we are all stupid,but you keep talking about Nato,what they did in Libya was illegal once again,if they hadn't gone in, Gadaffi would have sorted those Jihadist nutters and traitors out in Bengahzi and that would have been the end of it,there would have been no massacre thats bullshit,Nato killed more people than Gadaffi,have you seen what those heroes did to the City of Sirte?
Good old clueless Western foreign policy in action! Support your enemies, until they come back to bite you!
swxxxt

Pittsburgh, PA

#12 Dec 30, 2012
youtube.com/watch...
Russians will destroy all the Rebels to Death
Jay

Sherwood Park, Canada

#13 Dec 30, 2012
Oliver Cromwell wrote:
you can easily spot them on Internet photos... White guy with 3-5 hand held radios. I did spot them at the time,and my Government said they were not their,its quite clear the Government thinks we are all stupid,but you keep talking about Nato,what they did in Libya was illegal once again,if they hadn't gone in, Gadaffi would have sorted those Jihadist nutters and traitors out in Bengahzi and that would have been the end of it,there would have been no massacre thats bullshit,Nato killed more people than Gadaffi,have you seen what those heroes did to the City of Sirte?
Ironic if Britain denied they where there the rest of the world did not, the diplomatic envoy had 2 SAS teams with him, I say it was hot/cold because the media here reported that the first contact with the rebels involved the detention and disarming of these men and expulsion to a port where a Royal Navy vessel awaited to pick them up. Gadaffi fired AA anti aircraft weapons into crowds of protesters that caught everyone's attention, depriving water, power and blocking specific villages, towns, and cities is a strategy to break the popular spirit. Hiring mercenaries from another African country to murder communities s not good government leadership. I would argue the big mistake he made was telling the west all their western oil contracts that are prepaid are now void and any western refineries are now his property. Not wise. The UN is a corrupt entity, that allows the security council to block the majority. Funny how the worlds top arms sales countries all have positions there. If I recall correctly the action in Libya was UN sanctioned, I say this because as a Canadian 99% of the time we will not do any military operations abroad unless approved by the world body at the UN general Assembly. As for the conflict lots of people from Libya and Libyans abroad came back and did the ground fighting not so much nutters and extremists, thats like saying libya has a current extremist government which it does not. Small amount of advisors and air assets where provided by NATO. Russia has advisors innSyria boots on the ground and that was not UN approved.
Oliver Cromwell

Accrington, UK

#14 Dec 30, 2012
Libya has a government in name only, in reality the Country is crawlling with Mad Max style gangs,i remember when that so called uprising started the very first few days those animals lynched a Policeman from the Town hall window then hacked his head off,not exactly Democratic,then over the Months they went on a rampage torturing or killing any black man they could find,African mercenaries,i don't think so,they were migrant workers who had lived in Libya for years,those racist Rats wiped the town of Tuarega off the map where many blacks lived,they'r not bloody civilized,then when they got to Tripoli they slaughtered hospital patients in their beds,they are the same sort of scum who now inflict terror on Syria,and the thing that disgusts me is my Criminal Politicians are responsible for it,as for those guys who landed in Libya and were sent away some were Mi6 probably with a SAS guard,but it shows how arrogant they are to just turn up in Libya like they own it.
George

Red Deer, Canada

#15 Dec 30, 2012
Syrian wrote:
Those rebel fools are inviting Russian Special Forces to come in and obliterate them!
or just maybe that is why the ships are coming for the russian civilians
Chris

Toronto, Canada

#16 Dec 30, 2012
But thatís it; the people from Empires behave as they own the Planet. And they actually do, because they bomb whichever country they want; they occupy them, impose the Governments upon them, murder their Governments, and similar. Its 21st century, but humanity slid very far behind medieval horrors. But I do not blame the Politicians as much as I do the ordinary Joes, who do the Politicians' dirty work. Because, Politicians are smart, they do not fight wars; neither do they send their families there. They send ordinary Joes to do that. And if the ordinary Joe would refuse to go and kill his fellow men in another country, we would not have wars. Or maybe we would, because Western Politicians are using the technology now; they are using drones.
Oliver Cromwell

Accrington, UK

#17 Dec 30, 2012
Chris wrote:
But thatís it; the people from Empires behave as they own the Planet. And they actually do, because they bomb whichever country they want; they occupy them, impose the Governments upon them, murder their Governments, and similar. Its 21st century, but humanity slid very far behind medieval horrors. But I do not blame the Politicians as much as I do the ordinary Joes, who do the Politicians' dirty work. Because, Politicians are smart, they do not fight wars; neither do they send their families there. They send ordinary Joes to do that. And if the ordinary Joe would refuse to go and kill his fellow men in another country, we would not have wars. Or maybe we would, because Western Politicians are using the technology now; they are using drones.
The problem is those ordinary Joes enjoy killing they all vollunteered,they remind me of the Nazis when the victories were coming they were all for Hitler they wanted to be part of the winning side and many lost their Humanity in the process.
well

Hamilton, Canada

#18 Dec 30, 2012
Syrian rebels should kill any Russian they catch. All Sunni Muslim countries should attack Russians in their countries.
Jay

Sherwood Park, Canada

#19 Dec 30, 2012
Didnt gadaffi sanction that airliner bombing over the UK? Something tells me he wasn't the warm friendly innocent type. Regardless the UN voted and action was authorized, that is the best possible dealings the world can expect otherwise turn a blind eye and chose to not support these problems then places like Rwanda look like a pillow fight. To think the commanding general said he needed 600 western soldiers and he could stop the slaughter to bad he was denied such a small resource.
busted again

United States

#20 Dec 30, 2012
well I am an Albanian jihadi wrote:
Syrian rebels should kill any Russian they catch. All Sunni Muslim countries should attack Russians in their countries.
We know.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Middle East Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 1 hr Grau 37,599
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr An NFL Fan 119,164
Indiana man beheaded in Syria remembered in Mus... 2 hr I whistle_PATX sw... 7
Rattling sabers in the eastern Mediterranean 2 hr Rockstar 120
US, Turkey still not in sync on Syria 3 hr Kar 13
Answers to questions about Biden's visit to Turkey 3 hr Beautiful Istanbul 2
Pro-Armenian forces in Turkey can't make people... 3 hr Dander 1

Middle East People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE