Syrian capital a maze of checkpoints, blast walls

Dec 6, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Bellingham Herald

Instead of a quick half-hour trip home from her class at Damascus University, Lama Issa says she now must maneuver through security checkpoints, army tanks and blast walls - a two-hour journey that is often terrifying.

Comments
1 - 12 of 12 Comments Last updated Dec 13, 2012
Lujack Skylark

Staunton, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

President Assad lives in Damascus. Downtown Damascus is where a large chemical factory is located. The prophet Isaiah in Isaiah 17:1 states Damascus will become a ruinous heap. It looks like the prophet Isaiah has correctly warned us about this future event.
truth always Beats lIes23

Covington, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

This is what has to be done when mass murdering terrorist are in Syria which are armed and funded by the american government and israel.
truth always Beats lIes23

Covington, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Lujack Skylark wrote:
President Assad lives in Damascus. Downtown Damascus is where a large chemical factory is located. The prophet Isaiah in Isaiah 17:1 states Damascus will become a ruinous heap. It looks like the prophet Isaiah has correctly warned us about this future event.
Continue to dream jew hasbarat.
Rtloder

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Lujack Skylark wrote:
Good association, it goes on, Ethiopia will be punished, Egypt will be punished, the Earth will be punished. "The Lord is going to twist the earth out of shape and turn it into a desert."
What I can't understand is (p)Isaiah spoke those words after King Tiglathpileser 2nd. of Assyria, had conquered all except Judah.
(p)Isaiah must be predicting Babylon will conquer Judah and so, he ventures to predicted, Babylon will be punished (13.), however even though He states "it will be like the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah after I the Lord, destroyed them." Babylon is never destroyed. Neither is Damascus.
(p)Isaiah prophesied Judah would be overcome, its people exiled to Babylon,
Egypt and elsewhere, Other Prophets would lead them home. He wasn't talking about anything that might prevail anytime in the future, He got most of it right and He assumed other Prophets would follow to take up the cudgel against evil. Which they did.
No Prophet predicted the destruction of the 2nd Temple, except Me. And certainly
no Prophet predicted they be coming back.
The Jews have no connection to a Priestley line with an association to The Garden. Their only association to religion is delegated by the Koran.
Oliver Cromwell

Cleveleys, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Whatever it takes.
ifbxuscoc

New Castle, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

Rloder well written. The christiians in the us are simple people fed with a steady diet of propaganda. It really takes an outrage like the father shot and son cringing by the wall for a very brief window of truth to be shown. They are misinformed.
Rtloder

Davidson, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

ifbxuscoc wrote:
Rloder well written. The christiians in the us are simple people fed with a steady diet of propaganda. It really takes an outrage like the father shot and son cringing by the wall for a very brief window of truth to be shown. They are misinformed.

Were at the cross roads, one path that I know of is a certain winner. Hamas has betrayed us why should we be concerned about being reconciled?. They are a liability what we should advocate is a clear cut position. Negotiations when they happen
concerning The Golan should be without them. Allah may govern His Servant
Ayatollah Seyed Ali Khamenei to be amicable. After all Israel is an enemy but how does that differ from what Egypt is now. Progressive Islam has nothing to loose.
ifbxuscoc

New Castle, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Even if assad wins, the tent must be made bigger. Sometimes there are bitter family quarrels, bloody quarrels. But i hope ultimately that unity, charity, and peace prevail in palestine, lebanon, egypt, and syria. I wish for the end of the wars and suffering. I pray for this and i pray my enemies are not my teachers.
Comment

Syria

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

No army tanks...LIE...this is for security reasons...or would this girl want her to be head cut off by islamists !!!
Lujack Skylark

Benld, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Isaiah 17:1 & Isaiah 17:14 States Damascus will be destroyed in one night. A ruinous heap in one night = a future prophecy event. It also states that the territory in Israel Ephriam and the Valley of Rephraim will be hit. Isaiah 17:3 & Isaiah 17:5.

The people living in these areas should heed the prophets warning and leave those areas before the destruction occurs.
Rtloder

Bondi, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Lujack Skylark wrote:
Isaiah 17:1 & Isaiah 17:14 States Damascus will be destroyed in one night. A ruinous heap in one night = a future prophecy event. It also states that the territory in Israel Ephriam and the Valley of Rephraim will be hit. Isaiah 17:3 & Isaiah 17:5.
The people living in these areas should heed the prophets warning and leave those areas before the destruction occurs.

No body that wants a future wants war with Israel, trouble is intelligent people put a price on there being a future, and stupid people believe we are the subject of animation, they call it fate. But I believe that too, and so do you. Not all the time but at this particular time, I believe Allah is animating all that happens. If you called
Damascus, Isaiah 52 : 13, I would support your sermon. Why would the Allah's chosen deposition of punishment become the benediction of the whipping boy.
I'll tell you why Jew boy its because there is a difference between then and now.
But like I say I believe it to be the day of atonement for all religious orders except
the true followers of ibn-Taymiyya, we are already listed, I hope He makes an exception for you.
truth Always beats lIes23

Covington, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Lujack Skylark wrote:
Still living in your jewish fantasy world?? After looking at that sick book called the Talmud that you people believe in I can see you would swallow anything.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

9 Users are viewing the Middle East Forum right now

Search the Middle East Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
UN rights expert accuses Israel of 'ethnic clea... 4 min Uzi 585
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 9 min voice of peace 67,927
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 14 min Petesayke KI 115,025
Erdogan criticises west's silence on Israeli ag... 24 min Bomb Gaza. END PAIN. 189
American Jews, other 'lone soldiers' serve Israel 1 hr Elders of Zion 26
Cruz demands answers on FAA flight ban to Israel 1 hr Mandela 22
UK Jews feel anti-Semitic backlash 1 hr supersonic boom 201
•••
•••