Martin family attorney wanted a better jury

Full story: CBS News 800
Bob Schieffer reflects that "America has always led best when we led by example," but it's struggling to do that now. Full Story

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#916 Jul 31, 2013
chisholm wrote:
<quoted text>
Prosecuting the case based on evidence would've called for a manslaughter charge, not murder 2 - they were never going to get Zimmerman on that.
However, since he did leave his vehicle, armed, and hunt down Martin before the struggle resulting in Martin's killing, there was evidence to indicate Zimmerman was by no means "innocent."
You missed a good trial.....
TGO

Labelle, FL

#917 Jul 31, 2013
The other day Jesse Jackson, philanderer and arch race-baiting con man, came here and puked his smelly guts on the state of Florida.

In a rare display of guts from a Republican, Gov. Rick Scott told Jackson to stick his face where the sun don't shine on a dead goat.

I wrote him off as a GOP wuss after he loosed that nutbag Angela Corey on George Zimmerman.

You'll have my vote in 2014 Rick Scott.

Bravo.
Nat Turner

United States

#918 Aug 1, 2013
Kentucky Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>Just keep blaming it on the Whites;

Black robbers used $2,000 white masks to fool victims in $200,000 'Town'-style stickup, prosecutors say

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/white_wron...
May 29, 2009 - Charles Stuart shot himself and killed his pregnant wife for insurance money and blamed it a Black man.

Susan Smith drowned all of her children in a car then she told reporters and the world that a black man carjacked her.

Shall I continue?

Location hidden

#919 Aug 1, 2013
Nat Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
May 29, 2009 - Charles Stuart shot himself and killed his pregnant wife for insurance money and blamed it a Black man.
Susan Smith drowned all of her children in a car then she told reporters and the world that a black man carjacked her.
Shall I continue?
Black America never runs outta spin and apologists.....but, they're plumb outta, any takin responsibility....
chisholm

Columbus, OH

#920 Aug 1, 2013
Kentucky Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>Just keep blaming it on the Whites;
Black robbers used $2,000 white masks to fool victims in $200,000 'Town'-style stickup, prosecutors say
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/white_wron...
I haven't blamed anything on "the whites," and have no idea why you bring in a completely irrelevant case.

Was it just to blame more crime on black people?
chisholm

Columbus, OH

#921 Aug 1, 2013
TGO wrote:
<quoted text>
He never gives up.
We the jury find the defendant not guilty, but by no means innocent.
Peter Pan Common Law.
Aw, are you upset with me because I called you out? Got to refer to me in the third person because you're not man enough to go face-to-face?

lol...that'd be your average rightie, alright.
chisholm

Columbus, OH

#922 Aug 1, 2013
And the defendent was found not guilty of murder 2 or manslaughter. I don't recall him being found guilty or innocent of anything else.
i see oj

Virginia Beach, VA

#923 Aug 1, 2013
Nat Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
Shall I continue?
One case from 1989 and one from 1994?

That's the best you have?
chisholm

Columbus, OH

#924 Aug 1, 2013
i see oj wrote:
<quoted text>
One case from 1989 and one from 1994?
That's the best you have?
Surely that's all you need? Just extend those two cases out to ALL white people, the way you extend a few black crimes out to ALL black people.

Easy, isn't it?:)
chisholm

Columbus, OH

#925 Aug 1, 2013
TGO wrote:
The other day Jesse Jackson, philanderer and arch race-baiting con man, came here and puked his smelly guts on the state of Florida.
In a rare display of guts from a Republican, Gov. Rick Scott told Jackson to stick his face where the sun don't shine on a dead goat.
I wrote him off as a GOP wuss after he loosed that nutbag Angela Corey on George Zimmerman.
You'll have my vote in 2014 Rick Scott.
Bravo.
Typically silly and confused Floridian fantasies.

The "guts" belonged to Corey (though her presentation of the case was less than brilliant), the "nutbag" is Governor Crazy Eyes himself, and the "wuss" is the guy who (typically) blames folks like Jesse Jackson for all his state's problems.

That'd be YOU.:)
chisholm

Columbus, OH

#928 Aug 1, 2013
American Lady wrote:
In early April 2012, Special Prosecutor Angela Corey decided ---not to take the George Zimmerman case to a Grand Jury,---[A person was DENIED his right to a grand jury FIRST mistake] opting for the filing of a Criminal Information which then was presented along with an Affidavit of Probable Cause. The Court found probable cause for the charges.
It turned out, once pre-trial discovery was exchanged, that the affidavit upon which probable cause was found had not disclosed a lot of significant ***exculpatory details. There was no mention of the significant injuries to Zimmerman, or of John Good’s eyewitness account that Martin was on top of Zimmerman hitting him Mixed Martial Arts style. All the Affidavit said on the subject of the physical confrontation was that there was “a struggle.”
The Affidavit identified the voice screaming for help as that of Martin based on an interview with his mother, but did not reveal what we now know, that Martin’s father initially denied it was his son.
The Affidavit also was inaccurate, such as alleging that the 911 operator “instructed Zimmerman not” to follow Martin — a false fact which lives on in the media mythology of the case.
Another obsessive rightie view of the case based on right wing political sites and their biased views of the case. How convincing.

For example, the 911 operator said "we don't need you to do that" when Zimmerman said he was pursuing Martin on foot, armed. That's a fact, and the fact that you restate it then claim it to be a "false fact" doesn't change that.

The case is over, you got your dead black kid and your half-white guy acquitted. Give it up, indeed.

Location hidden

#929 Aug 1, 2013
AMERICAN LADY, I am a Floridian that would love nothing better than to see our Attorney General go after Angela Corey for her horrid performance in this incident.....Tho, i am almost positive that she was directed from above, but not sure that should be considered......they should charge her as ambitiously as they went for George....see where the chips fall....

“ON THE PROWL”

Since: May 08

Ocala, FL

#931 Aug 1, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
AMERICAN LADY, I am a Floridian that would love nothing better than to see our Attorney General go after Angela Corey for her horrid performance in this incident.....Tho, i am almost positive that she was directed from above, but not sure that should be considered......they should charge her as ambitiously as they went for George....see where the chips fall....
I totally agree with you GBF..
I was born and raised in central FL myself..

Eagle
American Lady

Danville, KY

#932 Aug 1, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
She definitely needs to be gone!
Thank you for your post :)

``````````
ZIMMERMAN PROSECUTOR ANGELA COREY FIRES WHISTLEBLOWER

...fired a whistleblower Friday who revealed that prosecutors had not turned over exculpatory evidence to the defense, the Florida Times-Union reported.

Ben Kruidbos, the information technology director in Corey's office, had testified in a pre-trial hearing about a report he had created regarding text messages and images retrieved from Martin's cellphone. Defense lawyers never received the report from the prosecution, as is required by law.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/...

Prosecuted for Standing Her Ground
by Kirsten Powers Jul 19, 2013 4:45 AM EDT

Florida State Attorney Angela Corey’s overzealous prosecution of a battered woman who sought to defend herself is a gross miscarriage of justice, writes Kirsten Powers.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/07...

Angela Corey’s Checkered Past
Her peers describe an M.O. of retaliation and overcharging.
By Ian Tuttle

When Corey came in, she cleaned house. Corey fired half of the office’s investigators, two-fifths of its victim advocates, a quarter of its 35 paralegals, and 48 other support staff — more than one-fifth of the office. Then she sent a letter to Florida’s senators demanding that they oppose Shorstein’s pending nomination as a U.S. attorney.“I told them he should not hold a position of authority in his community again, because of his penchant for using the grand jury for personal vendettas,” she wrote.

Corey knows about personal vendettas. They seem to be her specialty. When Ron Littlepage, a journalist for the Florida Times-Union, wrote a column criticizing her handling of the Christian Fernandez case — in which Corey chose to prosecute a twelve-year-old boy for first-degree murder, who wound up locked in solitary confinement in an adult jail prior to his court date — she “fired off a two-page, single-spaced letter on official state-attorney letterhead hinting at lawsuits for libel.”

http://nationalreview.com/article/353633/ange...
American Lady

Los Angeles, CA

#933 Aug 1, 2013
Excuse me while my dobies pound my rear end for a while.
i see oj

Virginia Beach, VA

#934 Aug 1, 2013
chisholm wrote:
<quoted text>
Surely that's all you need? Just extend those two cases out to ALL white people, the way you extend a few black crimes out to ALL black people.
Easy, isn't it?:)
Where have I done that?

Is this another one of your baseless accusations, liar?
TGO

Labelle, FL

#935 Aug 1, 2013
chisholm wrote:
<quoted text>
Typically silly and confused Floridian fantasies.
The "guts" belonged to Corey (though her presentation of the case was less than brilliant), the "nutbag" is Governor Crazy Eyes himself, and the "wuss" is the guy who (typically) blames folks like Jesse Jackson for all his state's problems.
That'd be YOU.:)
Said Mr.Facts.

Not only did I make him stop calling everyone LIAR! I've reduced him to ad hominem ravings.
TGO

Labelle, FL

#936 Aug 1, 2013
chisholm wrote:
<quoted text>
Another obsessive rightie view of the case based on right wing political sites and their biased views of the case. How convincing.
For example, the 911 operator said "we don't need you to do that" when Zimmerman said he was pursuing Martin on foot, armed. That's a fact, and the fact that you restate it then claim it to be a "false fact" doesn't change that.
The case is over, you got your dead black kid and your half-white guy acquitted. Give it up, indeed.
When did Zimmerman say he was pursuing "Martin on foot, armed."?

For that matter, when did Zimmerman say he was following Martin?

Some more of your "facts"?

Do you work for NBC?
TGO

Labelle, FL

#937 Aug 1, 2013
Looks like Chisholm is having a Wipe Pie From Face Moment.

Bet a TGO doll has joined that poor mutilated Zimmerman doll on his To Do list.

He'll be back for more spankee spankee, don't worry.
TGO

Labelle, FL

#939 Aug 1, 2013
If post 938 above vanishes the lowlife who posted 933 probably is Topix staff.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Middle East Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Am I a Zionist? 27 min Rick Moss 43
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr JOEL 71,301
Bush says no civil war in Iraq (Sep '06) 2 hr Swedenforever 33
Thousands march in Holocaust memorial (Apr '06) 2 hr kim Jong Un 58
UK Jews feel anti-Semitic backlash 2 hr Chopin was gay 1,733
Palestinians to cut ties with Israel if UN gamb... 3 hr Ratloder 32
American arrested in Israel to be held until en... 4 hr tha Professor 6
More from around the web