Israeli Factor in Syrian Conflict Unveiled

Full story: Amin

O U O U U...O O© USU O O O O O O O U<: U O O O O O O1O UOEO© U U O O O1O O© O U O3USUOEO UOEO© O U O O UOEO O O UOEO3USU U...OaO O U...O© U U O1O O UOEO© O O O O O O U...O OaO U O1U O O O UOE U USU USO U U...OaUSO3O USOaO O U...O© O3O1UOEO O U O O1U O "O U O3OaUOEU O O USO " O USO UOEO© O O UOEO O© U ... (more)
Comments
1 - 4 of 4 Comments Last updated Oct 14, 2013
Syrian

Waterford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2013

Interesting!

Since: Aug 09

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2013

Yawn. It is always about zionism. They will carve Obama's image on Mount Zion when he dies.
inconvenient truths

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2013

“The greatest danger to Israel is by the strategic arc that extends from Tehran, to Damascus to Beirut. And we saw the Assad regime as the keystone in that arc,” Oren added.

And that’s really the crux of the Syrian conflict: Dismantling this “arc” has been all throughout the conflict the pronounced strategy of the U.S.-led so-called “Friends of Syria,” who are themselves the friends of Israel.
Nice to read confirmation of my posts of a year ago.

This 'arc' was actually empowered by the US invasion of Iraq, replacing Sunni with Shi'ite rule.

Another 'blowback' of unintended consequences. If Washington made the decision, it should live with the consequences and 'man it up'. As it is, it's coming off like the losing chess player that in a tantrum, flips the board and walks out yelling 'tie!'.
inconvenient truths

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2013

The crux of the problem is that both Sunni and Shi'a have problems with Israel and the Palestinian issue. Israel is bound to seek short term advantage in playing one against the other. Remove Saddam, empower Iran. Remove Assad, empower Saudi Arabia, the nexus of worldwide jihad. Has Washington sworn a blood oath to follow Israel's strategy of short-term advantage? A very dangerous and risky, if not foolhardy, game IMO.

We need some serious leadership here, decoupled from special interest lobbies that keep fumbling for the light switch in a darkened room.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••