Pillay: Syria death toll probably at 70,000

Feb 12, 2013 Full story: KIDK CBS 3 20

The death toll in Syria is probably now approaching 70,000, United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights Navi Pillay said Tuesday.

Full Story
Syrian national

Damascus, Syria

#1 Feb 12, 2013
As long as the Islamist Jihadists are propagating chaos all over the country, the death toll will increase daily country to reach 100.000 casualties soon.
Rtloder

Sydney, Australia

#2 Feb 12, 2013
The article is on track to being supportive of Assad, this change in direction is greatly appreciated by the friends of Syria.
Al-Qaeda can't win, the outcome would be disastrous, they are a loose cannon, their motto, "best that it dies so to safe rather than sorry".
Truly they have gone criminally insane.
The worst thing is they lead the FSA around by the nose.
The Syrian Armed Forces are not going to be dismembered, we are the only line of defense against both enemies Tribal Terrorism and Zionism, the Syrian People will vote for the Armed Forces to be Strengthened and the foreign enemies be expelled from Syrian Lands. Long Live Assad.
truth always beats lIes23

Covington, VA

#3 Feb 12, 2013
I am certain 50 thousand of those deaths have been those of the terrorist that the american government and israel work hard to funnel to Syria to commit terrorist acts.The jewish slave obama has the nerve to repeat the same BS lies over and over in his latest propaganda show all the while the american government openly arms terrorist and paid killers in Syria and Libya.
Who cares

Terre Haute, IN

#4 Feb 13, 2013
As long as sub humans are getting killed over there it's a good day. Sit back eat some popcorn and enjoy the show. Oh and make money selling arms to both sides.
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

#5 Feb 13, 2013
70000? Big deal. When's Assad breaking out the chemical weapons?
ocxz

Reunion

#6 Feb 13, 2013
Faith wrote:
70000? Big deal. When's Assad breaking out the chemical weapons?
Show your ugly buttface and the chems will home in.
Rtloder

Marrickville, Australia

#7 Feb 13, 2013
Who cares wrote:
As long as sub humans are getting killed over there it's a good day. Sit back eat some popcorn and enjoy the show. Oh and make money selling arms to both sides.

You sound remarkably like the infamous Judith Kay, and so the remark is made. I think your toes will probably freeze in the Sahara Desert, to avoid such a conclusion I think you might like to chew on poison.
Rtloder

Marrickville, Australia

#8 Feb 13, 2013
Faith wrote:
70000? Big deal. When's Assad breaking out the chemical weapons?

There could be nothing big about any deal you ever entered in. Why don't you just enter through the door like everybody else.
Your a very sneaky, shifty, hoe, there is nothing wrong with that they even got a union these days, the union of compulsive disorder.
Its true what you say, the front door is barred to you, but Syria didn't close that door on you.
Also it is longer closed because of your blooming profession, your profession that has raised the level of segregation to keep mischievous thoughts at bay.
No!! You Little Fool, it's been closed on all chauvinists according to the new international order.
Faith dear one, you can enter through the front door now, you don't have to crawl in through the drain pipe.
Selfless politician

Halesowen, UK

#9 Feb 13, 2013
It has nothing to do with jihadists, a term designed to malign anyone who is revolutionist or even fighting to remove the western supported dictator. Wake up and see the facts as they are and cease listening to BBC and western media outlets for just one moment. The UK and US have always supported this brutal butcher just like they supported his father. The west put these puppets in place to serve their interests. Russia still supplies arms to the Syrian regime while US and UK watch. This is in the hope that the regime quell the desire of the people to remove this western agent by killing them. The west have blood on their hands to allow their man to massacre innocents, hypocrites extraordinaire. I suggest you start to become politically aware rather than blindly accusing those who want change in their country. Looking forward to the time when Al Qaeda is used as the bogey man again, and bin laden reappears in another video.!! People know the way US and allies work.
Selfless politician

Halesowen, UK

#10 Feb 13, 2013
Wake up you foolish man. Do you have any fear for your creator.?? Asad is a western puppet !! Like his dad !! And all the other western backed dictators in the Muslim lands. You are blinded, I bet you are a nationalist ? That's ok if you are not Muslim, however.
Who cares

Brazil, IN

#11 Feb 13, 2013
We should destroy all oil rich countries who do not bend to the will of the USA. Then we should let Israel take over their land one by one until they realize we are their superiors and masters and fall in line. Then we get cheap oil, and our allies have plenty of oil money to buy weapons from us to rule over the sub humans in the region. All they understand is brutality and fear and I say give em all they can take.
Chris

Toronto, Canada

#12 Feb 13, 2013
Selfless politician wrote:
Wake up you foolish man. Do you have any fear for your creator.?? Asad is a western puppet !! Like his dad !! And all the other western backed dictators in the Muslim lands. You are blinded, I bet you are a nationalist ? That's ok if you are not Muslim, however.
You Muslims have a problem. And you are a problem. You are helping the West for three decades now; starting with Afghanistan in 1978. Assad is not Western puppet, just as Gaddafi was not. They did play softly with the West, at times too softly, because they wanted to survive in spite of the West. They are Socialists, and Socialism is hated by the West, particularly the U.S. The West does not allow socialism to survive; because the filthy rich on the West do not accept the idea of sharing the wealth of this Planet with masses. And the West keeps using you Muslims, to fight Socialist leaders, and you never yet got anything in return.

There is a difference though, when it comes to the Monarchs of your region. West is for Monarchies, as European Monarchies, with English on the top, are not nearly as weak as some people think. European Monarchies still, with other economic elite; dictate the policies of the West.
Rtloder

Cobbitty, Australia

#13 Feb 13, 2013
Selfless politician wrote:
Wake up you foolish man. Do you have any fear for your creator.?? Asad is a western puppet !! Like his dad !! And all the other western backed dictators in the Muslim lands. You are blinded, I bet you are a nationalist ? That's ok if you are not Muslim, however.
Your clarity increased as the statement you made decreased, you need to do more posting.
I take your meaning to be, as many people believe the past 2 years are a complete irony. Assad was hearen in the Western direction at a rapid pace.
Then all of a sudden the Brotherhood has to get let out of prison and their old guard have to go in. And it would have happened too except Assad was not their old guard., neither was his father.
But he was going in their direction so it could still be considered to be ironic.
However Britain and France just
didn't wake up one day and say let's get rid of Mubarak, Ben Ali and Sahel.
No.! What happened was,
Western economic pretentious were exposed as lies, worthless garbage it was a case of any port in a storm, so they latched on to the terrorist, or more like Allah transmitted them to do it. Let Allah decide,
and we be free of it.
truth always beats lIes23

Covington, VA

#14 Feb 13, 2013
Selfless politician wrote:
It has nothing to do with jihadists, a term designed to malign anyone who is revolutionist or even fighting to remove the western supported dictator. Wake up and see the facts as they are and cease listening to BBC and western media outlets for just one moment. The UK and US have always supported this brutal butcher just like they supported his father. The west put these puppets in place to serve their interests. Russia still supplies arms to the Syrian regime while US and UK watch. This is in the hope that the regime quell the desire of the people to remove this western agent by killing them. The west have blood on their hands to allow their man to massacre innocents, hypocrites extraordinaire. I suggest you start to become politically aware rather than blindly accusing those who want change in their country. Looking forward to the time when Al Qaeda is used as the bogey man again, and bin laden reappears in another video.!! People know the way US and allies work.
Another paragraph of lies and disinformation from a hasbarat I see.
Truth-Hurts

Terre Haute, IN

#17 Sep 4, 2013


General Wesley Clark...this has been planned for a long time. It was just a matter of having an opportune moment. We got it.
Granny

Indianapolis, IN

#18 Sep 4, 2013
We will help them, and then they will turn on us when it is convenient for them to do so.
Let them kill eachother1
Phil

Haldensleben, Germany

#19 Sep 4, 2013
or 4 tousends. It is less as in Afghanistan a year, Obomber kills more people year in year. He must add his victims in Pakistan, Yemen and victims of civil war Iraq, which is sustained by usa and allies from saudi arabia, israel
Ezrath

Terre Haute, IN

#20 Sep 4, 2013
Who cares wrote:
As long as sub humans are getting killed over there it's a good day. Sit back eat some popcorn and enjoy the show. Oh and make money selling arms to both sides.
What a dumbass! How ignorant can you be? Have you no heart?

Since: Nov 12

Bankstown, Australia

#21 Sep 4, 2013
Truth-Hurts wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =pNuIPcVv4hwXX
General Wesley Clark...this has been planned for a long time. It was just a matter of having an opportune moment. We got it.
I'd rather be a hammer than a nail .

Woops , I make a mistake,
I try again.

I'd rather be a nail than a jammer,
Life is very short and I hate music anyway.
Nothing is so great ,
Great is the Sky and the Stars
Which is what I been seeing since the Jew attacked me when I was a blubber.
I mean bubber

Since: Nov 12

Bankstown, Australia

#22 Sep 4, 2013
I'm surprised that went in , could I retract some of it ,or I'd too late.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Middle East Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Video of Greek army creates controversy in region 14 min SPARTIATIS 483
Turkey-Armenia relations: door to nowhere 1 hr champion65 31
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr TRD 68,797
Sarkozy overheard telling Obama Netanyahu's a liar (Nov '11) 1 hr Swedenforever 201
Pope hopes Turkey visit promotes peace 2 hr champion65 2
The Crimes of Islam: Time to Repent 2 hr supersonic boom 2
Hrant Dink Foundation: Research on the Socio-Ec... 2 hr aziz dostum dander 11

Middle East People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE