Adrift in Syria

Jun 21, 2013 Full story: The Weekly Standard 46

The Weekly Standard reserves the right to use your email for internal use only. Occasionally, we may send you special offers or communications from carefully selected advertisers we believe may be of benefit to our subscribers.

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
William

Malpas, UK

#1 Jun 21, 2013
It looks like aTsunami to me!
Avenger

Hamilton, Canada

#2 Jun 21, 2013
Yep a Tsunami when the dictator shot the unarmed protestors he open up a big can of worms.
Now the Shia and Sunni go toe to toe in an all out battle for the Middle East.
ocxz

Sainte-clotilde, Reunion

#3 Jun 21, 2013
While Avenger is adrift in La La Land, as usual.
Oliver Cromwell

Accrington, UK

#4 Jun 21, 2013
Avenger wrote:
Yep a Tsunami when the dictator shot the unarmed protestors he open up a big can of worms.
Now the Shia and Sunni go toe to toe in an all out battle for the Middle East.
http://nsnbc.me/2013/06/16/dum as-top-british-officials-confe ssed-to-syria-war-plans-two-ye ars-before-arab-spring/ Thats the Reich narrative repeated an nauseum,the link i have posted is the reality.
Oliver Cromwell

Accrington, UK

#5 Jun 21, 2013
Avenger

Hamilton, Canada

#6 Jun 21, 2013
ocxz wrote:
While Avenger is adrift in La La Land, as usual.
The truth is hard to take eh Muslim?
Oliver Cromwell

Accrington, UK

#7 Jun 21, 2013
Avenger wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you read the link Clown?
Niccolo

United States

#8 Jun 21, 2013
Oliver Cromwell wrote:
<quoted text>
So, if the article is accurate, then it appears the UK and France, along with our own plotters, boxed Washington into a corner with no way out but to intervene, then they themselves backed off, leaving us to take the brunt of it all.

VERY Machiavellian, I must say.
Avenger

Hamilton, Canada

#9 Jun 21, 2013
Oliver Cromwell wrote:
<quoted text>
Another of your insane links Ivan not likely.
Going to threaten Canada today again?
ocxz

Sainte-clotilde, Reunion

#10 Jun 21, 2013
Nothing will save scAvengers from his mental decrepitude.
Facts do not get in the way in La La Land, and certainly no links, it gives La La Landers rashes.
rtloder

Australia

#11 Jun 21, 2013
Avenger wrote:
<quoted text>

I don't think former French Foreign Minister is a Muslim Avenger.
He states very clearly The Arab Spring was a British intervention (criminal) in the affairs of Syrian Peaceful Existence.
The Jew control Britain as you very well know.
The chances of achieving justice on behalf not the martyred, murdered crippled and maimed is non existent here on Earth.
The ICC at the Hague is a Jewish kangaroo county like the many the vermin Jew have presented me too.

Eternal Damnation is the Fate of the Jew if humanity wants it they can share in it too.
Oliver Cromwell

Cleveleys, UK

#12 Jun 21, 2013
Niccolo wrote:
<quoted text>
So, if the article is accurate, then it appears the UK and France, along with our own plotters, boxed Washington into a corner with no way out but to intervene, then they themselves backed off, leaving us to take the brunt of it all.
VERY Machiavellian, I must say.
Believe me no Country can teach the British about double dealing and hypocricy,after all they have had Centuries to perfect it,most of the Political elite are the scum of the earth.
rtloder

Australia

#13 Jun 21, 2013
The chances of achieving justice on behalf "of " the martyred.
Correction with apologies.
Oliver Cromwell

Cleveleys, UK

#14 Jun 21, 2013
Avenger wrote:
<quoted text>
Another of your insane links Ivan not likely.
Going to threaten Canada today again?
This article was in the Times a right wing Newspaper,don't shoot the messenger Clown,or in your case should it be don't behead the messenger?
Avenger

Hamilton, Canada

#15 Jun 21, 2013
Oliver Cromwell wrote:
<quoted text>
This article was in the Times a right wing Newspaper,don't shoot the messenger Clown,or in your case should it be don't behead the messenger?
Syrian conflict's sectarian shadow over Lebanon
Sectarian war spreading dictator Assad stoking the fire.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-2...
mxlplx

United States

#16 Jun 21, 2013
LOL

Where in that article is mention of Assad stoking the fires?

You're a scavenger, trying to turn dinner scraps into banquets, and not very good at it by any measure.
Avenger

Hamilton, Canada

#17 Jun 21, 2013
mxlplx wrote:
LOL
Where in that article is mention of Assad stoking the fires?
You're a scavenger, trying to turn dinner scraps into banquets, and not very good at it by any measure.
Assad is stoking the fire why are the Shia and Sunni radicals pouring into Syria to do battle?
The Syrian dictator is a pig and a murderer of his people.
Oh do i have your permission Mr arrogant to post as you are so important and have a 150 IQ eh genius?
mxlplx

United States

#18 Jun 21, 2013
No, you do not have my permission.

Sunni radicals hijacked this so-called revolution from the beginning. That's what my advanced IQ tells me. LOL
Avenger

Hamilton, Canada

#19 Jun 21, 2013
mxlplx wrote:
No, you do not have my permission.
Sunni radicals hijacked this so-called revolution from the beginning. That's what my advanced IQ tells me. LOL
Assad dictatorship shot the protestors every single western democracy assesses it that way.
Even Tsar Putin blames Assad for the uprising.
Dictatorships fall but then it's easier to blame someone else.
mxlplx

United States

#20 Jun 21, 2013
Avenger wrote:
<quoted text>
Assad dictatorship shot the protestors every single western democracy assesses it that way.
Even Tsar Putin blames Assad for the uprising.
Dictatorships fall but then it's easier to blame someone else.
Well, I've never been against seeing Assad step down in an orderly fashion, to avoid the chaos and sectarian civil war and continued bloodletting that the West seems to want to conveniently ignore, if not provoke.

However, I'm not yet thoroughly convinced that certain Western states did not deliberately escalate, if not orchestrate, these early demonstrations to provoke a response, similar to the Iranian 1953 coup.

"Britain and the U.S. selected Fazlollah Zahedi to be the prime minister of a military junta that was to replace Mosaddegh's government. Subsequently, a royal decree dismissing Mosaddegh and appointing Zahedi was drawn up by the putsch plotters and signed by the Shah. The Central Intelligence Agency had successfully pressured the weak monarch to participate in the coup, while bribing street thugs, clergy, politicians and Iranian army officers to take part in a propaganda campaign against Mosaddegh and his government. At first, the coup appeared to be a failure when on the night of 1516 August, Imperial Guard Colonel Nematollah Nassiri was arrested while attempting to arrest Mosaddegh. The Shah fled the country the next day. On 19 August, a pro-Shah mob, paid by the CIA, marched on Mosaddegh's residence. According to the CIA's declassified documents and records, some of the most feared mobsters in Tehran were hired by the CIA to stage pro-Shah riots on 19 August. Other CIA-paid men were brought into Tehran in buses and trucks, and took over the streets of the city.[16] Between 300 and 800 people were killed because of the conflict. Mosaddegh was arrested, tried and convicted of treason by the Shah's military court. On 21 December 1953, he was sentenced to three years in jail, then placed under house arrest for the remainder of his life. Mosaddegh's supporters were rounded up, imprisoned, tortured or executed."
And lest we not forget, Mosaddegh was a democratically elected and progressive leader, only to be replaced by a UK and US backed figurehead, certainly no less dictatorial or brutal than Assad.
Mohammad Mosaddegh was the democratically elected Prime Minister of Iran from 1951 to 1953 when his government was overthrown in a coup d'etat orchestrated by the British MI6 and the American CIA.

An author, administrator, lawyer, prominent parliamentarian, he became the prime minister of Iran in 1951. His administration introduced a wide range of progressive social and political reforms such as social security, rent control, and land reforms. His government's most controversial policy, however, was the nationalization of the Iranian oil industry, which had been under British control since 1913 through the Anglo-Persian Oil Company (APOC / AIOC)(later British Petroleum or BP).

Mosaddegh was removed from power in a coup on 19 August 1953, organised and carried out by the CIA at the request of the British MI6 which chose Iranian General Fazlollah Zahedi to succeed Mosaddegh

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Middle East Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 5 min AN NFL FAN 119,251
United Front Against Turkey?: Top Cypriot Legis... 27 min aziz dostum dander 181
Europeans Debate Common Stand on Palestine 27 min Mandela 2
Sen. Warren meets leaders on Middle East trip 37 min Eleanor 2
Biden briefs Anastasiades about talks in Istanbul 49 min Rockstar 8
Turkish governor threatens to turn synagogue in... 1 hr Ratloder 46
UN rights expert accuses Israel of 'ethnic clea... (Mar '14) 3 hr sam 2,161

Middle East People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE