The Muslim Jesus

Mar 27, 2013 | Posted by: Joe DeCaro | Full story: www.huffingtonpost.com

The Christian world celebrates the resurrection of Jesus in the festival of Easter. For almost all Christians, Jesus is the Son of God who died to save mankind. Islam rejects this belief and views Jesus, also known as Isa, as a Prophet and the Messiah of the Israelites. So who was this Muslim Jesus? ...
Comments
41 - 60 of 247 Comments Last updated Sep 22, 2013

“Liberals hate free speech!”

Since: May 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

animals against islam wrote:
<quoted text>
These acts are not done in the name of Islam.
In Afghanistan, anal male sex is cultural as it was in sodom and how many in the USA openly declare themselves practitioners of this act.
Do we find this debauchery happening in Indonesia or Malaysia or other Islamic countries-no.
Is it common practice among Muslims in the West-no.
Just as in the USA, where there is extreme poverty, children are sold into sexual slavery and in the USA, the parents doing it are not Muslim.
If you wanted to say a "good muslims" I would buy that just as some people are better "Chistians" then others. But to say your faith is free of sins, BULLSH*T!! Just a little too arrogant! You are human just like everybody else on this planet. Muslims love convencing the world they are divine but your are not. You are just as f*cked up as everybody else, killing non-believers, sex with other men to include boys,drinking,smoking don't help your case at all!
well

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

How many Jesus where there?

Was Jesus copied from the Egyptian god Horus?
http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/3054...
LTT

Warfield, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

well wrote:
NO, He was NOT Horus!!!!! He IS NOT Horus! He is Jesus Christ, the Son of the living and the only God. He is the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords. He is the Lord of Hosts. Jesus was before the Egyptians and before their worishipping anything. Jesus was before this world was created. HE IS, HE WAS, AND HE IS TO COME. HE IS THE ALPHA AND THE OMEGA, THE BEGINNING AND THE END, AND THE FIRST AND THE LAST. He is Jesus Christ, the Son of God!
Man tries to come up with solutions for the benefit of man, and what happens? Man fails sometimes. Why? There is a vacuum inside the heart of man made by God who made man that only God can fill. God willed it that way! "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that WHOSOEVER believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life."
So how do we know it's Jesus or Horus? Horus didn't die for our sins, and his father resurrect him from the dead. Jesus did and God did! Only Jesus saves souls! I don't hear man calling on the name of Horus, but I hear plenty of calling on the name of Jesus! Jesus saves! Horus can't! Why is that? Horus has no power to save! Jesus does! "As in Adam, all die, so as in Christ shall all be made alive." Jesus is the firstfruits of the Resurrection. Horus is not! Jesus, Jesus, Jesus!!!!!!!!!!
Knowing Jesus is not a religion. It's a relationship with Him, and a way of life. When Jesus appears to anyone, and He has to some people, He does not go in the name of Horus! He goes in the name of Jesus! Jesus! Now, I said, "when Jesus appears to anyone," I meant that He has in times appeared to people and spoken with them, even about preaching His gospel or about turning to Him. I know this is true! My Grandpaw was one of these people--and I hear it's happening more and more in this world we live in today.
Now, when Jesus appears to anyone, or speaks inside the heart of anyone, it's going to line up with the Gospel of the Bible. It's not going to line up with anything else but the Word of God. Jesus is the Living Word.
LTT

Warfield, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

HinduBharva wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus was a Palestinian Muslim.
According to the ancient historians of the era there has never been any country of Jews called Israel. This illegitimate country came into existence about 63 years ago because Harry Truman wanted to pack up all the Jews from Ameica and send them back to Israel. The Christians were also feeling guilty that their co-religionist the Nazi Hitler gas chambered millions of Jews. Thus came the Balford Declaration.
There was a Syrian and Palestinian land but no place called Israel. Even Herodotus writing in the 5th century B.C. generally describes the area currently under Zionist occupation as "Syria-Palestine". The impression is gained that the general population was predominately Syrian/Palestinian. The Jews had been ingathered by John Hyrcanus in the 2nd century and resided exclusively in Judea and Samaria. Since the term "Jew" simply is an abbreviation for "Judean" - a resident of Judea - then Jesus could not have been a jew, since he was from Galilee, which in Aramaic means "Land of the Goyim". The ethnic makeup of Galilee in his time was about 90% Syrian with a smattering of Greeks. The Christian texts were bowdlerized by Saul/Paul in an effort to annex Christianity to Judaism in other words abort it as an original faith and make it over into a mere variant of Judaism. He failed obviously but did succeed in polluting it's teachings with Judaism.
The Jewish religion came to be known in the 1st century ad. The Jews differed from other people in the ancient world because they believed that there was only one God like the Muslims. And also like the Muslims, they worshiped their God with animal sacrifices offered at a temple; unlike others, they had only one temple, which was in Jerusalem. The sanctuary of the Jewish temple had two rooms, as did many of the other temples in the ancient world, but the second room of the Jewish temple was empty.
NO! JESUS WAS JEWISH! CLEARLY JEWISH!
Hey, are you in denial much? Yes, there was an Israel, is as Israel, and God said Israel is going to go on lasting! Time will tell, and if the Bible is right, the world will see it! Yeah, it's gonna happen! God will respond to and for Israel! The Bible says so in many places. Check out Ezekiel 37, 38, and 39. Ah, and so much more! God will bless those who bless Israel and curse those who curse Israel.
There was a holocaust. It happened! God said He would bring back the people (Israelites) to the land. It does also mention strangers living among them--yeah! But Israel is going to be there! God gave Abraham and his descendents through Isaac the land of where Israel is--and I am pretty sure some more land is included in it too. Do you think God is finished with Israel? Not by a long shot! People who don't like it might as well get ready for it--because God is going to bless Israel even more. The Bible says that the nations will be blessed by Israel, and that "salvation is of the Jews." Now, if that's so, Jesus is definitely Jewish--because He's sure done and is gonna still do a lot of blessings. Now, He's gonna straighten out a few matters, but He's not gonna turn against the descendents of Abraham. Ezekiel 37, 38, and 39, and more! Yeah! Let's not forget Revelation 19 and the Book of Joel! One thing I like about the Bible is that prophecies are seen hundreds of years earlier, and proven hundreds of years later, even longer, are fulfilled. I'm thinking about prophecies of Jesus and prophecies of today--and prophecies about Isreal! God is real!
LTT

Warfield, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

well wrote:
OBTW, you said, "how many Jesus where there?" Doesn't matter! Only ONE can save my soul, and He's not the one in the Quran--He's the One in the Bible. There was this man I knew who was in the hospital once, and a man dressed in a robe came to him, and said, "I'm Jesus!" See, he was a Jesus-impersonator, and my friend said, "Yes, but you ARE NOT the Jesus I'm looking for." "We know in Whom we have believed." We know His voice!
jesus is

Blacktown, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

well wrote:
HORUS

In ancient Egypt several gods are known by this name, but the most important was the son of Osiris and Isis, identified as king of Egypt.
Horus fought with Seth, and despite losing an eye, was successful in avenging the death of his father Osiris, becoming his legitimate successor. Osiris became king of the underworld, and Horus king of the living.
Horus was usually represented as a falcon, and one view is as a sky god whose outstretched wings filled the heavens; his sound eye was the sun, and injured eye the moon.

(Sources: see "Horus" in The Encyclopedia of Religion).

Virgin Born? No.

A "Son of God" ? Yes, son of Osiris, later son of Re.

A Savior? No.

Performed miracles? Yes, as a child, healing magic.

Communal Meal of Bread/Wine? No.

Crucified? No.

Resurrected? No.

Ascended / Descended ? No.

Divine Judge? No.
jesus is

Blacktown, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

JESUS AND "PARALLEL CRUCIFIED" DIETIES EXAMINED:
http://www.philvaz.com/apologetics/JesusEvide...
jesus is

Blacktown, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

LTT

Warfield, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Good work, Jesus Is.
ana

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

Steven Hassan wrote:
<quoted text>For the same reasons all the Christians were going to Islamic countries 300 years ago...taht is where the money is / was dumb ass.
The west is still running to the Middle East

“Mad as Hell”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

jesus is wrote:
Extra-Biblical, Non-Christian witnesses to Jesus:
http://christianthinktank.com/jesusref.html
"The mere existence of someone in history is (often) easily established on the basis of small textual samples (sometimes even single paragraphs). "
This is why the wife of Jesus and of course the "fornicating Jesus"
is being investigated and the evidence is mounting that Jesus had at least one wife during his lifetime.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/guest-voi...
jesus is

Blacktown, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

DID JESUS HAVE A WIFE?

Being married is not a sin nor is having sexual relations withi marriage, yet none of the gospels mention his wife. They mention Jesusí mother, adoptive father, half-brothers, and half-sisters. Why would it neglect to mention the fact that Jesus had a wife?
If it was normal for Jewish men to be married, then why would his closest followers try to hide it?

'JESUS'S WIFE PAPYRRUS;:
The recent discovery and translation of the fourth-century "Jesus' wife papyrus" has reopened the discussion as to whether Jesus had a wife / was married.

The "Jesus' wife papyus" says, "Jesus said to them,'My wife ...'" This discovery is interesting in that it is the first Gnostic writing to explicitly state that Jesus had a wife.
IT'S A FAKE!

NO OTHER GNOSTIC FAKE SAYS THAT JESUS HAD A WIFE
While a couple of the Gnostic gospels mention Jesus having a close relationship with Mary Magdalene, none of them specifically state that Jesus was married to her or to anyone else. Ultimately, it does not matter what the "Jesus' wife papyrus" or Gnostic gospels say. They have no authority. They have all been proven to be forgeries invented to create a Gnostic view of Jesus.

Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/was-Jesus-married...
jesus is

Blacktown, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

jesus is

Blacktown, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

WIFE OF JESUS MENTIONED IN 4TH CENTURY SCRIPT:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-196452...
jesus is

Blacktown, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

EXPERT CLAIMS THE JESUS WIFE PAPYRUS IS FAKE:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/sep/21/g...
LTT

Warfield, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

animals against islam wrote:
<quoted text>
"The mere existence of someone in history is (often) easily established on the basis of small textual samples (sometimes even single paragraphs). "
This is why the wife of Jesus and of course the "fornicating Jesus"
is being investigated and the evidence is mounting that Jesus had at least one wife during his lifetime.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/guest-voi...
Jesus had no earthly wife. His blood was applied to humankind in a different way--than the way God told us to multiply and fill the Earth. Jesus' blood was to be the perfect sacrifice for our sin, because Jesus had NO SIN.
Would direct blood descendents of Jesus be susceptible to sin--or not? If yes, then this was clearly not God's will, because Jesus WAS THAT PERFECT SACRIFICE. No man would be perfect before or after Jesus in this life. Instead, we could only hope to be more like Him as we go along, and that--with His help alone. The Bible doesn't say anything that I'm aware of about God having grandchildren, neither. There IS ONNLY ONE like Jesus.
If the answer to the question would be no, I could clearly see that this couldn't be in God's will, neither, because Jesus came to die, and to be resurrected, so that on acceptance of Him we could be set free. His perfect sinless blood in another would mean that that one(s) would probably have no need for Jesus, and probably be devine in a way, too. I just can't see this!
That Davinci Code thing is like an heresy. It's a lie! We can't believe everything we hear. Jesus came with a purpose and He fulfilled that purpose. How easy it is to be deceived! The Bible tells us that many will be deceived--even in past times and now. Jesus is not the deceiver. Satan and Self is.
Now! The Bride of Christ! Who is the Bride of Christ? It's the glorious blood-bought Holy-Spirit filled Church, that will be with Him when He decides to take the Church to Himself. No, it's not like an earthly type of marriage, like people share. It's more like being with Him according to the Covenant we had/have with Him, and being with Him together forevermore. When we get to Heaven, we will join Him there. We will be His and He will be ours. Hey, and that's what it is, practically, right now. We are His and He is ours.
Also, Jesus did not fornicate. If He had, He would not have been able to be that perfect sacrifice for our sins that He was. Was Jesus ever tempted? He said He was tempted by different temptations. Why is that? It reminds me of 2 answers. One, is that although He was the Son of God, He came in the flesh, as the Son of Man, or the Son of Mary. The Spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak. He had some tempting times. Did He remain that perfect sacrifice? Yes, He did! He overcame His temptations. Why is that? Because He had a purpose, or else He would have never came here in the flesh in the very first place. Also, Jesus was tempted because man would be tempted/and man has been tempted/and man was being tempted. If we go to Jesus, we can't say, "Lord, you don't know what I'm going through. You've never been tempted." Jesus knows what we go through. After all, He came in the flesh from the Spiritual/Supernatural realm, and He also returned to it. However, He left us a Comforter. He left us a help. Now, He's still in our hearts if we invite Him in. We become a part or member of His Kingdom.
LTT

Warfield, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

People, please do not be deceived. Read the Bible. The Truth is in it.
jesus is

Blacktown, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

QURAN 4:157

Sahih International
'And [for] their saying, "Indeed, we have killed the Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, the messenger of Allah ." And they did not kill him, nor did they crucify him; but [another] was made to resemble him to them. And indeed, those who differ over it are in doubt about it. They have no knowledge of it except the following of assumption. And they did not kill him, for certain.'

WHO MADE THIS 'ANOTHER'?....ALLAH?
Allah is confessing here to deception, then instead of confessing to the Muslim followers and disciples of Jesus at the time, he not only allowed Christianity to form but performed the deception that caused it.

“Mad as Hell”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Jesus was a colored man like most Muslims.
Christians believe Jesus was celibate and I believe this is the reason for the prevalence of open gay pride, gay marriage and the practices of certain celibate priests.
The celibacy of Jesus is used as an excuse for these perversions where in fact celibacy means no sex with any person.
If Jesus is accepted as having a wife and being a fornicator of women, then homosexuality would not be so accepted in the Western Christian countries.
jesus is

Blacktown, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Freedom fighter wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible is full of error and lies.
a
WHAT ERROR?...WHAT LIES?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••