In Mexico, racism hides in plain view

Full story: CNN 25
Editor's note: Ruben Navarrette Jr. is a CNN contributor and a nationally syndicated columnist with the Washington Post Writers Group. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
palomitaamorosa

United States

#2 Nov 20, 2012
GET A GRIPON REALITY ---- Mexicans are here to stay pendejo
Chi chi

Miami, FL

#3 Nov 20, 2012
Hispanics are as racist as hell, NOT just Mexicans but ALL of us.

You have to be insane to think that only Anglo's are racist.

The most racist people I have ever met are White Hispanics from Miami whether Cuban or not.

Most seem to lean right wing.
Chi chi

Miami, FL

#4 Nov 20, 2012
palomitaamorosa wrote:
GET A GRIPON REALITY ---- Mexicans are here to stay pendejo
That doesn't mean that the racism in Mexico contra los "indios" is not insane and many here are anti-Black, anti NON Catholic racists and bigots.

There is probably a higher percentage of racist Hispanics than Anglos and don't get me started about political corruption we turn a blind eye to aslong as it is from our own people.
Sirius

Celaya, Mexico

#5 Nov 20, 2012
I think that there are much racism in Mexico. However it is mostly an "unconcious" racism that expresses itself in differential of opportunities. It is truth that being light-skinned is a bonus in Mexico, and sometimes an assurance that you will not go very at the bottom socially.
I find it difficult to abound about the theme. Racism does exist, however never in the article does it says that it is worst than in the USA, and I think it is not.
For starters, in the USA people cannot even for a moment forget their color and ethnicity, and sometimes racism expresses directly and violently. Currently one third of the male African-Americans are at some stage in the penal system, so I have read somewhere. Psychologically, it is also a great burden... I have knew of Mexicans that migrated there - some of them had a racist attitude here, by the way - and after some time they have fallen into drugs because they couldn't wistand so aggressive and direct racism, this time being themselves the ones victisms of prejudices.

Well, I think that for proof of what I say, we just have to read the headings of some threads in this formum, isn't it?

Is well for the author of the article to remind us Mexicans of that. Unfortunately, counciousness about the problem cannot be expected to come from private media, it will be the State, somehow, someday, to promote advances about that problem.

Regards.
Sirius

Celaya, Mexico

#6 Nov 20, 2012
(Navarrete): "I went to Mexico City recently as part of a delegation of Mexican-American and American Jewish leaders organized by the Latino and Latin American Institute of the American Jewish Committee. For the global Jewish advocacy organization, the goal of the trip was to strengthen relations between Mexican-Americans and Jews in the United States."

Why then they came to Mexico for an approachment between US-Jews and Mexican-Americans :(

For that it would have been better Los Angeles or New York.

Regards.
well

Hamilton, Canada

#7 Nov 20, 2012
palomitaamorosa wrote:
GET A GRIPON REALITY ---- Mexicans are here to stay pendejo
Did you read the article stupid pendejo?

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#8 Nov 21, 2012
palomitaamorosa wrote:
GET A GRIPON REALITY ---- Mexicans are here to stay pendejo
If you are yellow, you're mellow.
Viva Christo Rey

Phillipsburg, NJ

#9 Nov 21, 2012
Viva Christo Rey
Don't forget your proud history Mexico.
Forget the 'racism'- it is from 'outside' like ALL racism - even in the USA.
Stop Stalinist Genocide in Latin America!!!!
&fe ature=player_embedded
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
http://www.forgreaterglory.com/
Our Lady of Guadalupe
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/23/nyregion/in...
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/25/virg...
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57472092/...

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#10 Nov 22, 2012
Mexico will be blamed for the 'Night Of Long Knives'.
It will need a spark,
And,
the nation is worthy of something ,
other than,
MSM. If going, have your return plan made,
http://www.vice.com/vice-news/the-vice-guide -...
the trip should be managed carefully.
MSNBC will get the bailout..

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#11 Nov 22, 2012
Try this, and look around. MSM is sweating20112
http://www.vice.com/shows
Concerned

Mexico

#12 Nov 23, 2012
Sirius wrote:
I think that there are much racism in Mexico. However it is mostly an "unconcious" racism that expresses itself in differential of opportunities. It is truth that being light-skinned is a bonus in Mexico, and sometimes an assurance that you will not go very at the bottom socially.
I find it difficult to abound about the theme. Racism does exist, however never in the article does it says that it is worst than in the USA, and I think it is not.
For starters, in the USA people cannot even for a moment forget their color and ethnicity, and sometimes racism expresses directly and violently. Currently one third of the male African-Americans are at some stage in the penal system, so I have read somewhere. Psychologically, it is also a great burden... I have knew of Mexicans that migrated there - some of them had a racist attitude here, by the way - and after some time they have fallen into drugs because they couldn't wistand so aggressive and direct racism, this time being themselves the ones victisms of prejudices.
Well, I think that for proof of what I say, we just have to read the headings of some threads in this formum, isn't it?
Is well for the author of the article to remind us Mexicans of that. Unfortunately, counciousness about the problem cannot be expected to come from private media, it will be the State, somehow, someday, to promote advances about that problem.
Regards.
I find it interesting that in areas such as LA there are neighborhoods that are all Black that live next to areas that are all Hispanic. Some are divided by a street. They do not just practice their racism with words. If you just cross that street you going to get a beat down or even killed. So racism crosses all arenas within the world. Blacks and Mexicans in some areas are really not to fond of each other.

I find that here in Mexico, the Mexican people, even though they are not living with Blacks, seem to have an opinion and they actually think blacks are the scourge in the USA. They think very poorly of Blacks. Do they learn it from newspapers and TV shows? If I asked someone here in Mexico what they think about the Blacks, it will all be negative. I know from experience. Racism is a terrible thing across the world. But lighter skin, even in India gets you further, and darker skinned Indians are in the lower level of society. It is a almost a world phenomenon.
abe

AOL

#13 Nov 23, 2012
I love to observed people, how they act speak their body language, eye contact and so on, I don't think these people are prejudice, but in some areas that I do know of they are quiet people and they are robbed and beat up after a while they will put up a barrier that I don't blame them for, if it was the other way it will be the same, it also depends in the State they live in, pride can also play another role
dognes

Pittsburgh, PA

#14 Nov 25, 2012
youtube.com/watch...
hidden like the drug war?
LOL

Oakland Gardens, NY

#15 Nov 26, 2012
Chi chi wrote:
Hispanics are as racist as hell, NOT just Mexicans but ALL of us.
You have to be insane to think that only Anglo's are racist.
The most racist people I have ever met are White Hispanics from Miami whether Cuban or not.
Most seem to lean right wing.
And you point....

“Land of Entrapment”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#16 Nov 27, 2012
Obama and U.N. seek delay in execution of Mexican national -

www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/07/01/texas.death.row ....

Jul 01, 2011 The Obama administration appealed Friday to the U.S. Supreme Court to delay next week's scheduled execution in Texas of a Mexican national convicted of ...


Mexican national who conspired to distribute crystal meth in D.C ...

www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/crime-scene/post ......

Jun 27, 2012 Mexican national sentenced to just under seven years.... The Post Most: Local Most-viewed stories, videos and galleries int he past two hours


Mexican national sentenced to 25 years to life in prison for sex ...

www.contracostatimes.com/rss/ci_21601400

MARTINEZ -- A Mexican national was sentenced Friday to 25 years to life in prison for sex crimes against a 6-year-old Walnut Creek boy in 2010. Oscar Juarez, 28, was ...

They want to be considered US citizens until they get caught, then cry for their Mexican rights. Pathetic Criminal Rapists that should be killed.
Under any regime. But Obama wants them alive, and kill the Americans instead.
to make dave happy

San Juan, Puerto Rico

#17 Nov 27, 2012
Mexico es un pais en estremo racista, solo con mirar las telenovelas vemos sus prejuicios, los negros son parte de la historia del pais, y lo niegan a morir.En las novelas todos son blancos y los indios los sirvientes. Que verguenza!!
to make dave happy

San Juan, Puerto Rico

#18 Nov 27, 2012
palomitaamorosa

United States

#19 Nov 29, 2012
to make dave happy wrote:
Mexico es un pais en estremo racista, solo con mirar las telenovelas vemos sus prejuicios, los negros son parte de la historia del pais, y lo niegan a morir.En las novelas todos son blancos y los indios los sirvientes. Que verguenza!!
y a caso no haes vito novelas americanos ---son iguales
palomitaamorosa

United States

#20 Nov 29, 2012
Nijoni wrote:
Obama and U.N. seek delay in execution of Mexican national -
www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/07/01/texas.death.row ....
Jul 01, 2011 The Obama administration appealed Friday to the U.S. Supreme Court to delay next week's scheduled execution in Texas of a Mexican national convicted of ...
Mexican national who conspired to distribute crystal meth in D.C ...
www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/crime-scene/post ......
Jun 27, 2012 Mexican national sentenced to just under seven years.... The Post Most: Local Most-viewed stories, videos and galleries int he past two hours
Mexican national sentenced to 25 years to life in prison for sex ...
www.contracostatimes.com/rss/ci_21601400
MARTINEZ -- A Mexican national was sentenced Friday to 25 years to life in prison for sex crimes against a 6-year-old Walnut Creek boy in 2010. Oscar Juarez, 28, was ...
They want to be considered US citizens until they get caught, then cry for their Mexican rights. Pathetic Criminal Rapists that should be killed.
Under any regime. But Obama wants them alive, and kill the Americans instead.
anyone of any race who commits such a crime against a child and it is proven should be put away for life

“Land of Entrapment”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#21 Nov 29, 2012
palomitaamorosa wrote:
<quoted text>anyone of any race who commits such a crime against a child and it is proven should be put away for life
Yes indeed!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mexico Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Shrink decapitates hubby, hides remains around ... 2 hr Dolmance 1
poverty in singapore 9 hr Eduardo 2
Why are mexicans rude? (Dec '10) 11 hr melissa__ 206
Kaspersky Internet Security 2015 Activation Cod... Wed zarahkhan 1
Fl studio 11 keygen fee download full version Wed zarahkhan 1
More Mexican women infected by AIDS in recent y... (Jul '08) Wed Zanony 650
FL Studio 11 Producer Edition Crack Free Download Wed zarahkhan 1
More from around the web