Report: Mexico disappearances constitute 'crisis'

Feb 20, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Turnto10.com

A Human Rights Watch report released Wednesday calls Mexico's anti-drug offensive "disastrous" and cites 249 cases of disappearances, most of which show evidence of having been carried out by the military or law enforcement.

Comments
1 - 3 of 3 Comments Last updated Feb 21, 2013
Nan

North Bay, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Sirius

Querétaro, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Mexico City, governed by the left was not supportive of having its streets patrolled by the Army or Marine.

It was in the States where the people was most conservative and stupid to vote for Calderon the ones that had the Karma of living 6 years of violence and horror.

Regards.
Concerned

Mexico, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

Sirius wrote:
Mexico City, governed by the left was not supportive of having its streets patrolled by the Army or Marine.
It was in the States where the people was most conservative and stupid to vote for Calderon the ones that had the Karma of living 6 years of violence and horror.
Regards.
Do you think it will change? If so why? Will there still not be greed among the criminals that want it all? It seems that everyone always wants to blame presidents for downfalls and pitfalls in society. In the USA also. Look how many blame Bush for the crisis and how many blame Obama. I have read all the reasons why all the violence started. But I also often wonder if it was already in the making and many of these splinter groups were wanting more, and ready to start to compete and fight for new routes and so on. Just plain old greed. It happens in the business world and in the world market. Countries are fighting to gain bigger markets just as businesses do. Maybe when this all started is was just a change that was going to happen no matter who was at the helm? Maybe it was inevitable just like it is in world business? Just a natural thing that happens when money is involved and more people want power and a bigger piece of the pie. Look at Steve Jobs stepping down from apple computer. He became just as successful and actually became a competitor to his predecessor, but without the violence.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••