NORDYNE move to Mexico affects Boonville, Poplar Bluff employees

Mar 14, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: connectmidmissouri.com

About 700 employees at facilities in Boonville and Poplar Bluff will be affected when NORDYNE relocates its split system and furnace manufacturing lines to Saltillo, Mexico.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of21
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Pug

La Grange, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Time to exploit the worker
Abolitionist

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

Pug wrote:
Time to exploit the worker
Damn Lincoln, he freed the slaves...
Sirius

Querétaro, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Little Weener

Vienna, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

I would be five finger discounting as much as I could carry out as my "severance" package. I am an immature person who would probably spend my final days taking craps on my bosses desk, or starting rumors in Mexico about Nordyne top execs. I am childish & hateful like that, I'd probably wish they would all get kidnapped, get the runs and lead poisoning from the crappy pottery. Maybe lose their passports, and have to work in a Tijuana donkey show to make money to get back home.I'd wish all sorts of bad things on them if I was an employee.
Big ole Alfred

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

Is this one of Mitt Romney's moves? This is what he is known for . Moving factories to Mexico. And just think,he wanted to be a United states President. lol
suck

Kennett, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

This really sucks
Mother-in-law

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

My son-in-law has spent many, many years building his career at Nordyne. Now the top execs would have the Mexicans trained to work for pennies while the Americans that have worked at Nordyne try to find employment elsewhere. These are sad days for American workers. It used to be that an employee was a long time loyal employee who worked and retired from their company. Not any more.
John Q.Public

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

Mother-in-law wrote:
My son-in-law has spent many, many years building his career at Nordyne. Now the top execs would have the Mexicans trained to work for pennies while the Americans that have worked at Nordyne try to find employment elsewhere. These are sad days for American workers. It used to be that an employee was a long time loyal employee who worked and retired from their company. Not any more.
I can only hope the top execs are kidnapped and held for ransom, while their factory in Mexico is pillaged, robbed and their inferior product is not purchased in America anymore. PB should refuse to purchase Nordyne's Mexican-made products.
Of course, if they smuggle drugs in them or illegals, they will turn a profit.
Mexican tours poncho

Columbia, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

The chamber of commerse is offering discounted tours to mexico as an incentive to relocate , some people may decide to stay and others may not be able to return it is a popular bluff to american tourists!
beheadings

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

I wonder if there is some way to get Los Zetas angry with the Nordyne execs.
John Q.Public

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

beheadings wrote:
I wonder if there is some way to get Los Zetas angry with the Nordyne execs.
I'm sure they could put out the stamp out drug cartels message but they are really white devil worshippers who want to steal Mexican babies for sacrificial rituals. Maybe some of the local Mexicans know some people....
Wouldn't that be hilarious if it never was built but Nordyne has shown it's hand?
executive beheadings

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

It could be possible to put the word out that Nordyne executives are using the Satillo plant as a cover for a drug exporting operation in conjunction with a rival gang such as the Sinaloa Cartel.
hey

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

u can thanks to democ o rats more taxes obama
you are wrong

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

low information voter wrote:
u can thanks to democ o rats more taxes obama
Nope. You can thank free market sociopaths that reward this sort of behavior rather than punish it. Obama and the democrats even tried to pass a bill to reward companies for bringing jobs back from overseas and eliminate tax breaks given to companies that send jobs to other countries - and guess who blocked it? Republican free market sociopaths.
hey

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

for free we have to pay ins. and medicare, and taxes we have to obey the laws or we pay and go to jail. for crimes not as bad as aliens commit each day. they close down the tax offices for tywo wks. and hunt down american citizens for tax owed ,sale their house because of hospital bills owed , while the president has billions of tax dollars owed buy his staff and elected demo.the ppresident wants a vote anyway he can get it. middle america will have to pay for their ins. nothing is free the muslims do not pay taxes or have to worrie about obama care he gave them a pass because it was against their religion , they call it gambling, i thought every religion was against gambling he let mcdonalds off from ins. he made the other religions pay he let the 60% not pay plus the illegals they let the illegals commit acts of torrisiom against this nation and lets them verbal threten the older americans buy wishing then death telling them to die and get out of the way , these illegals work in all nursing homes i wonder how many have died because of nelect and abuse. this is his plan to give everything away let working poor be slaves and support the freeloaders. the IRS must have very stupid people working their when a illegal files taxes and puts as dependents all his family in mexico on the form and get back 50,000, to 60,000 in refunds has for yrs. using the earned income credit they also get up to 50,000 in free give aways plus medical their salary.they make more than ceo, some dr. THE DEMOCRATES WANT TO KNOW WHERE THE MONEY GOES, THEY STOLE MORE MONEY FROM SOCIAL SECURITY AND MEDICARE AGAIN NOW THEY OWE THEM 26% OF THE NATIONAL DEBIT THEY OWE THE AMERICAN CITIZENS 40% THEY JUST GAVE AWAY BILLIONS TO A COUBTRY THAT HATES US. IF THE SENTORS THAT VOTED FOR ANY TYPE OF REFORM VOTE THEM OUT WHEN THEY COME UP FOR ELECTION
Troll Inc

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

hey wrote:
for free we have to pay ins. and medicare, and taxes we have to obey the laws or we pay and go to jail. for crimes not as bad as aliens commit each day. they close down the tax offices for tywo wks. and hunt down american citizens for tax owed ,sale their house because of hospital bills owed , while the president has billions of tax dollars owed buy his staff and elected demo.the ppresident wants a vote anyway he can get it. middle america will have to pay for their ins. nothing is free the muslims do not pay taxes or have to worrie about obama care he gave them a pass because it was against their religion , they call it gambling, i thought every religion was against gambling he let mcdonalds off from ins. he made the other religions pay he let the 60% not pay plus the illegals they let the illegals commit acts of torrisiom against this nation and lets them verbal threten the older americans buy wishing then death telling them to die and get out of the way , these illegals work in all nursing homes i wonder how many have died because of nelect and abuse. this is his plan to give everything away let working poor be slaves and support the freeloaders. the IRS must have very stupid people working their when a illegal files taxes and puts as dependents all his family in mexico on the form and get back 50,000, to 60,000 in refunds has for yrs. using the earned income credit they also get up to 50,000 in free give aways plus medical their salary.they make more than ceo, some dr. THE DEMOCRATES WANT TO KNOW WHERE THE MONEY GOES, THEY STOLE MORE MONEY FROM SOCIAL SECURITY AND MEDICARE AGAIN NOW THEY OWE THEM 26% OF THE NATIONAL DEBIT THEY OWE THE AMERICAN CITIZENS 40% THEY JUST GAVE AWAY BILLIONS TO A COUBTRY THAT HATES US. IF THE SENTORS THAT VOTED FOR ANY TYPE OF REFORM VOTE THEM OUT WHEN THEY COME UP FOR ELECTION
Where did you get your "facts" from?
congratulations

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

hey wrote:
Congratulations!

You've won the 'Stupidest Post on Poplar Bluff Topix' Award for March of 2013!

You combination of typos, misspelling, non existent grammar, improper use of punctuation, unnecessary caps lock, erroneous unsubstantiated claims, factual inaccuracy, and overall incoherent rambling have made this giant bowl of word salad the single worst and stupidest post on the forum in the last 4 weeks. Normally this award is not decided until the end of each month, but in this case nobody is going to top it. You're a beacon of hope to uneducated morons everywhere!

Please check your mail for your award certificate and your prize of a 2nd trip through grade school! Good luck in the finals at the end of the year!
hey

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

u must be blind or dumb asses or u democ rats just google it u find out
American

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Big ole Alfred wrote:
Is this one of Mitt Romney's moves? This is what he is known for . Moving factories to Mexico. And just think,he wanted to be a United states President. lol
what are complaining about? The loss of the company is good news to PB for the following reasons. 1. More welfare checks. 2. More goverenment grants to the town big wigs to help the poor. 3. The fewer jobs the more people in town depend on the goverenment 3. The fewer jobs the less likely outside stores will move to PB. 4. The job loss protects the status quo
you know it

Wentzville, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

The best place for Nordyne is not Mexico. the very best place is North Korea, they will fit in good.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of21
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••