Plant closing to displace 170 workers - Sentinel & Enterprise

Full story: Sentinel & Enterprise

A longtime Leominster cable and wire manufacturer will be shutting its doors by July 2010, leaving 170 workers jobless, according to company officials.
Comments
81 - 83 of 83 Comments Last updated Feb 6, 2013
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
no really

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2009

Bruce W Marien wrote:
The Massachusetts voters told the legislators it is ok to tax us to death...we are getting what you voted for.
actually no, the voters said no to a poorly planned, poorly written and poorly presented question which was devoid of facts or calculations or projections that should have been basic to any financial discussion.
Mike from Leominster

Tolland, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2009

no really wrote:
<quoted text>
actually no, the voters said no to a poorly planned, poorly written and poorly presented question which was devoid of facts or calculations or projections that should have been basic to any financial discussion.
True - the text of Question One looked like it had been written by an eight-year-old.

However, Bruce, I think you'll see some reaction at the ballot box this time around. A mini version of 1994 is brewing in Mass. and some dead wood is gonna get stripped away.

Unfortunatly, Jenny on the Block may not be one of them, unless this area finds someone well-fuunded with cojones.
Chapman

Worcester, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Philip Sacramone Jr wrote:
This is just terrible news. I have friends and family at Mohawk. I worked there myself for several years. My heart goes out to the employees and their families.
You're not the thieving rapist (Page Ann & Lynn Beckwith) Philip Sacramone from My Pleasant Ave Leominster, Sibley rd Winchendon & Jafferey NH?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••