Mexico: 'Several' detained in tourist rape case

Feb 10, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Indianapolis Star

Mexican authorities say they have detained several people in last week's rape of six Spanish tourists in the Pacific resort of Acapulco.

Comments
1 - 17 of 17 Comments Last updated Feb 13, 2013
Aliroger1

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

SIMPLE FOLKS: DON'T GO ANYWHERE NEAR THE TOILET THAT IS MEXICO

It doesn't matter how good a deal you are offered, it is not worth it to go to Mexico and risk your life and health and safety.
Shawgirl

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

@Aliroger1 You are so right, simply put. I use to love it. They got greedy w-Tourist it cost more and now too costly. Great comment

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Why go to Mexico, when we have El Paso and Los Angeles?
Robert

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

There will be arrests and convictions, they may not get the right people but someone will pay so they can then say the place is safe for tourists, the caught the boogie men.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
some people get off from the thrill
Don't they realize, the House republican's refusal to pass any substantial immigration legislation, gives Mexico the oppurtunity to take back their territory here?
rfirma1

Westminster, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

what would you consider "substantial" legislation?
Sam

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

rfirma1 wrote:
what would you consider "substantial" legislation?
They seem to be torn, between their love of inexpensive fruits and vegetables, and their distaste for anyone not white.....
sonny

Papar, Malaysia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

lol
quzluz

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

youtube.com/watch... …… Get Over it,soon
rfirma1

Columbia, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>They seem to be torn, between their love of inexpensive fruits and vegetables, and their distaste for anyone not white.....
well.......that's the usual liberal hogwash that the left likes to spew....and it really doesn't solve a thing except to alienate one side against the other........it does nothing to solve the problem. that sort of partisan vomit is very counter productive and so far from reality that it's ridiculous that educated and mature people need to go to that length.

the conditions for u.s. immigration are well documented. the united states does not need fruit pickers and grass cutters to immigrate..........we should initiate a well documented and well controlled migrant worker program so foreign workers can get a permit to come to work on a seasonal basis.
as far as immigration.....we need intellectuals, we need scientists, we need people that have specific technologically and educationally advanced skills.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

Tell all that to your do-nothing tea party, House republicans.....you have the right idea, but they won't want the problem solved, while President Blackula is in office......
rfirma1

Westminster, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

Go Blue Forever wrote:
Tell all that to your do-nothing tea party, House republicans.....you have the right idea, but they won't want the problem solved, while President Blackula is in office......
perhaps you should blame your "brother we'll do-anything for votes" democrats that refuse to provide sensible alternatives to solve the problem as opposed to exacerbating the problems?
as for the president.........unfortunatel y we needed a leader but the American voters said different.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

Sadly, Reich spin is all you have to offer....typical.....
Sirius

Querétaro, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

SIMPLE FOLKS: DON'T GO ANYWHERE NEAR THE TOILET THAT IS MEXICO
It doesn't matter how good a deal you are offered, it is not worth it to go to Mexico and risk your life and health and safety.
Curious that when tourism is one of the safe sources of Spanish income, there happens this strange rape case. In any case, these Spaniards were residents in Mexico... I suppose, because currently there is an unemployment rate of 50% among young people in Spain, and they are coming in droves in Mexico looking for jobs.
In any case, NOBODY here in Mexico is beging americans or canadians (first poster of the thread) to come here. OK, maybe the hotel owners do, since they have a lot of installed capacity... guess we have to look for other markets... Chinese and Asians in general, including Central Asians will be fine for me... eastern europeans, South Americans.
Aloroger1, I will never go to Canada... people there is freezing half of the year. Please do a campaign to convince other canadians with your mentality NEVER to come here. We don't want people with crap in the head, enjoying our tropical paradises... Mexican national tourism will have a boost if people like you don't come to polute our white sands and cristaline warm waters.
Sirius

Querétaro, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Reversal of fortunes sends Spaniards to Latin America

GABRIEL STARGARDTER AND PAUL DAY
MEXICO CITY/MADRID — REUTERS
Last updated Wednesday, Oct. 31 2012, 6:19 PM EDT

Spaniards are traditionally reluctant to emigrate and they are among the least likely in Europe to go abroad for work. But with the unemployment rate at 25 per cent, more Spaniards are ready to leave behind the comforts of home.

“Europe has gone down the toilet,” said 45-year-old Xavi Berdala, a former photographer from Barcelona who moved to Mexico in July to open a pizza restaurant.“People now see Latin America with more respect, more possibilities.”

Roughly 370,000 people emigrated from Spain in 2011, 10 times more than before the economy tanked in 2008.

Although about 86 per cent of them were naturalized immigrants born abroad, there is also a growing number of native Spaniards saying ya basta (”enough is enough”). More than 50,000 left last year, up 80 per cent since before the crisis hit.

More than 9,000 went to Latin America, up from about 3,600 in 2006, said Jesus Fernandez Huertas of Spanish think-tank Fedea, citing data from the national statistics office.

The reasons for leaving are clear. Spain’s economy is in recession for the second time since 2009 and half of all residents under 25 who are looking for work can’t find a job.

More than one in five people live below the poverty line and unemployment benefits end after a maximum of 30 months.

“The situation in Spain won’t get better for another five years at least,” said Olmo del Paso, a cameraman who left Spain for Uruguay this month after being jobless for more than two years and being forced to move back into his mother’s house in the small northern town of Palencia.

When a hotel in Montevideo, Uruguay, offered him a job as caretaker over the summer months, the 34-year-old bought a one-way ticket and packed his bags.

“I’m nervous leaving my family and friends,” he said.“But I can’t carry on like this. I have to at least try.”

Spain has based its budget plan for next year on a recession of 0.5 per cent, but most economists say that is wildly optimistic. The International Monetary Fund, or IMF, expects the economy to contract 1.5 per cent this year and another 1.3 per cent in 2013.

By contrast, the IMF envisages a 3.9-per-cent expansion next year across Latin America and the Caribbean.

Between 2007 and 2011, the number of native Spaniards emigrating to Chile rose by 144 per cent, to Mexico by 129 per cent, to Venezuela by 114 per cent, and to Portuguese-speaking Brazil, the biggest economy in Latin America, by 227 per cent.
http://m.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-busine...

If they don't want to come here anymore because somewhere, somehow something ought to happen to the droves of Spaniards coming here... "no hay mal que por bien no venga"... as we say here.

With closed eyes I could find two dozens of Youtube videos of racist attacks in Spain against Latin Americans (nice that Mexico is the country that least people send to Spain). So I think that we have to be wary if this is not a campaign against Mexican tourism. No problemo, we could sustitue Spaniards with Russians, and - with time - Americans with Chinese, if that is what has to be done.

Regards.
rfirma1

Columbia, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Go Blue Forever wrote:
Sadly, Reich spin is all you have to offer....typical.....
awwww......just when i thought a liberal was going to be sensible......all you have to offer is lip service and cowardice......well done......well done.
now that is typical of the left. glad you did not disappoint.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••