'Elysium' inspired by director Neill Blomkamp's arrest in Mexico - EXCLUSIVE

Jul 25, 2013 Full story: Entertainment Weekly's PopWatch 9

The new sci-fi action movie Elysium , directed by Neill Blomkamp and starring Matt Damon and Jodie Foster, is about a future Earth that is entirely third world, and a first-world sky satellite where the rich live in paradise.

Full Story
Sirius

Querétaro, Mexico

#1 Jul 25, 2013
The comments to the article are interesting.
Sirius

Querétaro, Mexico

#2 Jul 25, 2013
Example:
1.) Remind me to see "Elysium"..can't wait. 2.) Remind me to NEVER go to Mexico, where American tourists are these days in constant danger of being robbed, killed, or kidnapped by the corrupt police and thrown away in some jail for doing nothing and left to rot while being extorted for ransom. What a hell hole, that's right Federales, don't arrest the drug cartels who lord over the people, murder at random, and keep the people enslaved in fear and poverty, arrest the law abiding film director and his exec. producer taking a night off to relax. Glad that Blomkamp made it out safe and okay and channeled this experience into what looks to be an awe inspiring sci fi social commentary.
However, beaners that want to confound honest Americans with their lies, are never far away:
Yeah, with your attitude, stay out of Mexico, for sure. I live in Mexico, and while there are some corrupt police, not all are.(And it´s not like there aren´t corrupt police everywhere). Most people have a higher chance of being the victim of a violent crime in a major city in the US than in Mexico, and the crime rate is actually lower amoung tourists than citizens. As far as social commentary goes, it is total garbage. Tijuana is NOT representative of most of Mexico, where people, work, go to school, get married, spend time with their families, go to movies, play with their dogs, work in their gardens, read the newspaper and just want to have a peaceful life, just like everyone else.
Arturo Novelo

Ensenada, Mexico

#3 Jul 25, 2013
Here in Mexico we are a peace loving people; certainly there are problems like everywhere else, one million (that is right, 1'000,000 ) American citizens live in our country and they are happy and safe, just ask them.

My kids go to school everyday without fear of a crazy person coming and start shooting at them; the Mexico City Marathon was held last week and no bombs exploded, I went to Mexico City with my family and the tall buildings are there (not one has been brought down by terrorist planes).

If you do not call me a beaner , I promise not to call you a redneck or an a--hole.

All our good wishes for our neighbors.
Sirius

Querétaro, Mexico

#4 Jul 26, 2013
Here in Mexico we are a peace loving people; certainly there are problems like everywhere else, one million (that is right, 1'000,000 ) American citizens live in our country and they are happy and safe, just ask them.
Crime in Mexico, according to Americans and other foreigners that REALLY live in Mexico
http://www.gringos.com/forum/f99/crime-mexico...
My kids go to school everyday without fear of a crazy person coming and start shooting at them; the Mexico City Marathon was held last week and no bombs exploded, I went to Mexico City with my family and the tall buildings are there (not one has been brought down by terrorist planes).
Let's be honest: Recently some terrorists put a huge load of C4 in the Pemex building, killed 40 people. The building, being Mexican engineering resited that without a problem (what a surprise for the terrorists). We Mexicans know who was behind it... and no, they were not "islamic terrorists".

Mexico resist that and more. Not even great fuss three days after that. That is Mexico. Not even the expenditure in C4 worth for that scum. Mexico is Mexico.
All our good wishes for our neighbors.
Mexico desires bad to none. That's the way we are.
Mark

Duluth, GA

#5 Aug 8, 2013
Someone should have reminded me not to see Elysium - what a piece of Leftist bullshit. I love science fiction , but couldn't enjoy the film because of the politics being constantly shoved in my face . Skip this film unless you believe there should be no Natiinal Boundaries, FREE universal healthcare , and every citizen moves to the US and squats on the system . The best part is that Matt Damon and Jody Foster die for pushing their radical Socislist views
fiction

Tijuana, Mexico

#6 Aug 16, 2013
you watch too many movies get a life
The Long Beach Ranger

Long Beach, CA

#8 Aug 18, 2013
People from Mexico and people from Afghanistan should unite and live together. Both peoples and countries cause a lot of problems for the rest of the world. It doesn't matter how much knowledge, education, or work ethic that these two ethnicities have. Their culture is flat out inferior and anti-God compared to the majority of European and Asian cultures.
Mexicans believe in God. Why do they act anti-Christ?
Afghanistan people believe in God. Why do they act anti-Allah?
The Long Beach Ranger

Long Beach, CA

#9 Aug 18, 2013
People from Mexico and people from Afghanistan should unite and live together. Both peoples and countries cause a lot of problems for the rest of the world. It doesn't matter how much knowledge, education, or work ethic that these two ethnicities have. Their culture is flat out inferior and anti-God compared to the majority of European and Asian cultures.
The Long Beach Ranger

Long Beach, CA

#10 Aug 18, 2013

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mexico Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
mexicans are destroying the country (Oct '13) Sun zanoni2015 19
Do you want your Ex_back ? Sat Carol Brock 1
Charlotte Concerts imports Mexican State Symphony Jan 23 joan 1
SL Tennessee to add 300 jobs in $35 million Cli... (Feb '10) Jan 23 dontunderstand3776 5
Mexico university campus shuttered over gang th... Jan 23 shame all around 1
why do people hate mexicans in america? (Apr '11) Jan 23 Santo de maria 170
want your Ex_back Jan 22 Hell Yeah 2
More from around the web