now all you can go back home and leave us alone please
Sirius

Querétaro, Mexico

#3 Dec 10, 2012
get them out of here wrote:
see this?
now all you can go back home and leave us alone please
Could you read? I am in Mexico.

And "being alone", you are already alone in mind. You gringos live surrounded by cultures from around the world, yet the number of "Americans" that know a foreign language or really know something about other cultures, is ridiculous.

For me you could live in your bubble, mental or otherwise.

Concerned

Chihuahua, Mexico

#4 Dec 10, 2012
Sirius wrote:
<quoted text>
And "being alone", you are already alone in mind. You gringos live surrounded by cultures from around the world, yet the number of "Americans" that know a foreign language or really know something about other cultures, is ridiculous.
Hi Sirius.

Not trying to be mean but maybe you are in a bubble a little bit. America has more legal immigrants and illegal nationalities then any country in the world. They learn these cultures first hand by living with them. As an example I live in Chihuahua and if I go to the store I rarely see an American, Chinese, Black or any other Ethnicity. Unless I go to the Chinese restaurant. When I walk into Wal-mart I always get stares. It seems that Mexico is just for Mexicans. Unless you go to the resorts. Many people from other countries will not come here to live because of the low pay, corruption and violence, and lets not forget high crime which 91.8 percent of is not reported as I recently read in the El Heraldo here.

I will guarantee you that the amount of Americans that know a foreign language dwarfs the amount of Mexicans that know a foreign language. You know that the the average education of an adult in Mexico is 4th grade, as of the results of Mexican studies. With that average grade level what percentage of the people do you think have learned a foreign language. I met a family at the swap meet the other day. Wonderful people and they are now friends. They will be coming over for dinner and we are now friends on Facebook also. Their visas ran out. They had to come back (deported?). The boy is 14 and spent 12 years in school in Arizona. Speaks perfect English. He feels lost and angry. He does not like it here after being in the USA. The parents literally speak no English after all those years there. My wife's uncle after 20 something years living in the USA speaks no English. He lives here now, and we are great friends. My wife never even made it past primary. Nor have many of her friends or family. The people that are trying to learn a second language here are learning mostly English. Some start Chinese, but most never finish. There are private schools that teach English because they are not adequate in the regular school system. We went to a junta at my 12 year old sons school and I had a chance to meet the English teacher. I started to talk to her in English and she was embarrassed that she could not answer me. She spoke zero English.

My daughter-in-law is 100% Mexican and lives in Denver and just got her citizenship. My granddaughter is Scottish, Irish, Swedish, Czech and Mexican but also an American citizen. She looks 100% Mexican and beautiful. She is 7 years old. She speaks perfect English, Spanish and Chinese. She can read books in Chinese and can write in Chinese.

I am 58 and I was taking Spanish, French and other languages in school as a child in the USA. Most people here in Mexico cannot even spell correctly in Spanish. I am amazed how many signs there are on businesses that are spelled incorrectly. I get text messages that look like they are in code.

Drive around in cities outside of Mexico City and the resorts. You will see the only culture their is Mexican, that is highly influenced by the USA in many areas with the businesses and trucks and cars. Mexicans love American made trucks and cars. Chrysler is big here. What cars has Mexico developed and produced? If they had the technology they could make there own.

Americans travel to other countries in huge numbers compared to Mexicans. I have never traveled to a foreign country and met Mexicans on vacation while on vacation in Rome, Spain, Aruba, Puerto Rico, and others. I learned a lot about these countries by just traveling there. Mexican vacations stay within the resorts of Mexico. Mazatlan and Vallarta are big destinations for people here in Chihuahua, Chihuahua.
gruno

San Antonio, TX

#5 Dec 10, 2012
Sirius wrote:
<quoted text>
then can you tell your mama, your padre, your uncles, your aunts, your sugar daddys, your dealer friends, your friends padre, your friends mama and their kids and wives and your 5 wives, your 10 kids, and their 20 kids and friends to the hell back t mexico please?

we dont need you to teach me abut culture, as long as that culture is about beheadings, breaking laws and exploiting it, fence hopping, job taking, kidnapping and drug dealing we all know thats not the kind of culture that we want to be around our home
Concerned

Chihuahua, Mexico

#6 Dec 10, 2012
Sirius wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is National geographic headquartered in Washington. They teach everything including culture in other countries and spread it to the world. Tell me what countries spread more information about other countries to the world then the USA? What are the magazines and programs that are being produced in Mexico to spread their culture and other cultures to the world in Mexico? If they know that much about other cultures they must be spreading it to the world somehow, right? Travel brochures do not count. The united States is the hub of the world when it comes to spreading cultural information. National geographic is just one of many based in the USA.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Geograp...
Sirius

Querétaro, Mexico

#7 Dec 10, 2012
Hello Concerned... I will return soon (few hours) to the forum, the thema is interesting.

Regards
Concerned

Chihuahua, Mexico

#8 Dec 10, 2012
Sirius wrote:
Hello Concerned... I will return soon (few hours) to the forum, the thema is interesting.
Regards
I am glad you find them interesting! I enjoy your posts. Look forward to them. I think we can both learn through fair discussion without insults.
Concerned

Chihuahua, Mexico

#9 Dec 10, 2012
SIRIUS

I have cablemas with 140 plus channels here in Mexico. Take a look at your cultural and cultural oriented programs that you have. Educational world channels and so on. They are all American channels and dubbed in Spanish.
Concerned

Chihuahua, Mexico

#10 Dec 10, 2012
I meant to say culturally oriented travel programs. Did not mean to be redundant!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mexico Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
USA is a nazi state 24 min Sirius2b 17
Tropical depression forms off Gulf coast of Mexico 1 hr Dolly 1
Sections Of Nearly Half Of Mexican States Consi... 1 hr America so far be... 1
Explosion in Mexican customs office closes bridge 1 hr Sirius2b 2
Mexico president announces $9.2 billion airport... 5 hr need monkey biz a... 1
Tropical depression forms off Gulf coast of Mexico Mon engaging conversa... 1
detener la obesidad Mon arnaudfrizio 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••