Stamp to salute Hawaii statehood - Hawaii News

Full story: Honolulu Star-Bulletin

The U.S. Postal Service will unveil the commemorative 50th anniversary statehood stamp next month at the Hawaii Statehood Conference.
Comments
1 - 20 of 54 Comments Last updated Aug 24, 2009
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“Hawai'i loa kulike 'oukou.”

Since: Feb 09

London, Na mokupuni Beretannia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2009

Judged:

-Mr. Kane done a marvelous job in this stamp design, there is however one major design flaw, how can the Sovereignty of Hawai'i be sold for 44c? The more intellectually astute will acknowledge there is no cause for celebration in so called "statehood." [See: HawaiiFakeState.com for details]. The stamp should rightfully have either "Nation of Hawai'i" or "Hawaiian Nation" incorporated. Awhile back Mr. Potter the U.S. Post Master General had a glitzy social photo promotion of the stamp displayed. He has an appropriate name as he himself displays all the wizardry of Harry Potter. Would it cause a "stampede" if the call went out to "stamp out philately" in this particular instance?[Haw-Haw].
Mergz

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2009

Judged:

It should say something about "Celebrating 50 years of subordination to U.S. Imperialism"

'Ua Mau ke Ea o ka 'Aina i ka Pono
StateTaxPayer

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2009

Judged:

It's a beautiful stamp, thanks to Mr. Kane.
kanuman

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2009

Judged:

I appreciate Mr Kane's artistry and the drawing is beautiful, but there's another stamp that you wont see. The Stanp in all Black with the words "Aloha Aina" written in Red. Onipa'a Hawaiians our voices will be heard
mano

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2009

Judged:

keep the state stamp and just give us hawaiian's our island back. the goverment lied to us and now a stamp is going to make it all better. well i would guess thats why i must live on the main land to survive. there is less of my royal hawaiian blood line liveing on the island then any other race. what is wrong with this goverment to say that a stamp is inportant. what is a stamp going to say when there is no more hawaiians left in the world. then what? make a nother stamp to remember the history of a great bloodline and futher more we are the only one's connected to the united states not by choice but by lie's from the cathlic pope which is a joke. hawaiians at one time had there own beliefs. and now taken and raped by the cathic pope and followers. so i have said my thoughts on this stamp issue. Mahalo, Mano
thebelltolls

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2009

Judged:

Hawaii would be a backwards, third world country if we weren't part of the U.S.A.
Von

Aiea, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2009

Judged:

Wow, that should get us through these hard times.
Von

Aiea, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2009

Judged:

mano wrote:
keep the state stamp and just give us hawaiian's our island back. the goverment lied to us and now a stamp is going to make it all better. well i would guess thats why i must live on the main land to survive. there is less of my royal hawaiian blood line liveing on the island then any other race. what is wrong with this goverment to say that a stamp is inportant. what is a stamp going to say when there is no more hawaiians left in the world. then what? make a nother stamp to remember the history of a great bloodline and futher more we are the only one's connected to the united states not by choice but by lie's from the cathlic pope which is a joke. hawaiians at one time had there own beliefs. and now taken and raped by the cathic pope and followers. so i have said my thoughts on this stamp issue. Mahalo, Mano
Hawaiians came from China. Study your history. You get nothing so go back to sleep. No free ride for you.

The Hawaiian people gave away everything and now it kinds of late to ask for it back. No one took anything from them. Also back then there was no such thing as land titles so you lost on every count.

What are you doing in the mainland? You are staying on land that does not belong to you so give it back.
Poi

Sunnyvale, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2009

Judged:

I mean, we love the Emperor of Japan, the son of the one who attacked Hawaii and murdered thousands including men, women and children.

We just had a Japanese Tea ceremony in the Senate Chambers yesterday.

We have started the Legislative opening day with Taiko drums many times.

Our esteemed Governor George Ariyoshi apparently only hired Japanese as staff when he was governor.(all 43)

Statehood was decided by immigrants voting against Hawaiians for the most part and the biggest voting bloc were the Japanese.

So the stamp should be the a rising red circle sun coming up over Diamond Head.

“Kokokahi -We are all one blood”

Since: Mar 08

Makawao, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2009

Judged:

Lord HawHaw wrote:
The more intellectually astute will acknowledge there is no cause for celebration in so called "statehood." [See: HawaiiFakeState.com for details].[Haw-Haw].
Haw Haw keeps pushing the fake book. For an in-depth book review of the fake book, see
http://tinyurl.com/lhc3zv

“Nothing Good Can Come of This!”

Since: Oct 08

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2009

Judged:

mano wrote:
Well, if the sovereignty issue must be raised, let someone articulate and someone who can spell deal with it. Maybe HawHaw, he is well spoken and doesn't whine. While I often don't agree with his positions, he presents them thoughtfully and in a manner folks can understand. Makes me think I might be welcome in his vision of the kingdom, rather than chased off a cliff...
Bruddah in Minnesota

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2009

Judged:

I'm proud that we will have a stamp made in honor of our statehood. I will be waiting to buy one here in Minneasota to keep along with the state quarter.

Malama Pono
Bruddah in Minnesota

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2009

You should be proud of your bloodline and heritage and statehood.
mano wrote:

“Live Love Laugh.. and Surf! :)”

Since: Aug 08

Kaimuki,Hilo,Ka'u, Kaupo

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2009

Judged:

Thus an inherent problem with some Americans. This stamp only epitomizes the ignorance of America. They should have chosen something else.

They should have promoted reading a book about Hawaiian history instead of promoting a lie which is not... good to teach our children.
Manifest Destiny

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2009

Give the islands back to who?!
DaEvilWhiteMan

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2009

Judged:

mano wrote:
Your royal blood line? So you are admitting that you are a product of incest? Wow good for you! Now admit that you are holding your hand out like those who want freebies. Now admit that you can't spell or complete a sentence. Now admit you have no coherent thought.
Incest causes brain damage and other anomalies. this explains allot.

“Hawai'i loa kulike 'oukou.”

Since: Feb 09

London, Na mokupuni Beretannia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2009

Judged:

Ken Conklin wrote:
<quoted text>
Haw Haw keeps pushing the fake book. For an in-depth book review of the fake book, see
http://tinyurl.com/lhc3zv
-Hey Ken, you've got mail. It will be the last post for the fake "state" in the not too distant future. You forgot to tell people the in-debt book review was done by you, it is therefore your opinion specifically. We can find an in-debt review of you Ken at: www.kenconklin.com/ It appears you are a bit of a fake yourself in spinning the truth. What did the envelope say to the stamp?...."Stick with me and we'll go places." {Haw-Haw].
DaEvilWhiteMan

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2009

Judged:

Poi wrote:
I mean, we love the Emperor of Japan, the son of the one who attacked Hawaii and murdered thousands including men, women and children.
We just had a Japanese Tea ceremony in the Senate Chambers yesterday.
We have started the Legislative opening day with Taiko drums many times.
Our esteemed Governor George Ariyoshi apparently only hired Japanese as staff when he was governor.(all 43)
Statehood was decided by immigrants voting against Hawaiians for the most part and the biggest voting bloc were the Japanese.
So the stamp should be the a rising red circle sun coming up over Diamond Head.
Well said. All the while the Japanese run Hawaii and have driven this state to the ground, ignorant people keep blaming the white man. Just look at most of the government here.
Uneducated fools who keep fighting an old fight that is just on a wrong premise to begin with. All the while these fools keep voting the same people and expecting different results. Hawaii is the laughing stock of the world and still the people have yet to get it. Our schools are kept trash to keep the general populace stupid and blind to what actually happened and is happening today. It will never change as there is just to much ignorance here.
Seriously people laugh at Hawaii like were some retarded cousin. That is the truth!!!

“Kokokahi -We are all one blood”

Since: Mar 08

Makawao, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2009

Judged:

Lord HawHaw wrote:
-how can the Sovereignty of Hawai'i be sold for 44c?[Haw-Haw].
When I read that, I laugh out loud. Haw-haw-haw-haw. It's typical of how the sovereignty crazies lie and twist things. The stamp for 44c is not selling the sovereignty of Hawaii. It's selling the right to have the post office deliver a letter. I guess that's too hard for Haw Haw to understand. Why do some idiots feel a need to twist language that way?
close HTA

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2009

see the real petion. over 20,000 hawaians signed the petition to stop the US from stealing Hawai'i.

http://libweb.hawaii.edu/digicoll/annexation

time to tell the truth and not celebrate statehood.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Marshall Islands Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Marshall Islands Music Forum (Nov '12) Aug 5 Francesco Sinibaldi 9
UOG gets $630,015 from HHS Jul '14 Shyshy 2
Marshallese in Arkansas unhealthy, ineligible f... (Dec '07) Jul '14 Happy nd proud 267
Second world war dead washed up by Pacific Ocea... Jun '14 SpaceBlues 1
Tiny Pacific nation sues 9 nuclear-armed powers Apr '14 FACT 1
Call +27780945031 Brand New Booty. Apr '14 dr jomoo 1
Damian Light Psychic Identity Theft Apr '14 Better than Lifel... 1

Search the Marshall Islands Forum:
•••