Taiwan calls for launch of World Environment Organization

Full story: Earth Times

Taiwan's President Chen Shui-bian on Saturday urged the United Nations to launch the World Environment Organization to tackle environmental problems such as global warming.
Comments
1 - 1 of 1 Comments Last updated Oct 13, 2007
Kavachi

Australia

#1 Oct 13, 2007
Yet another "sea level is rising!" scare-tactic.

Sorry Chen. The ocean levels havn't risen and will only rise and fall with the planet's natural cycle of ice-ages which lock the water.

One can go around the world and find any amount of differing ocean levels, ancient coral beds (limestone and marble deposits) all over the place.

Over a long period of time the oceans will rise and fall and so will land masses - as they always have - and this generation doesn't have the power to change that, it will still happen.

By the way. The ocean levels have actually dropped for a period since accurate scientific measurement began and right now I don't think that any cyclonic or monsoonal low-pressure humps should be seized upon as examples of the oceans rising by non-scientific people who want to peddle their theories for their own benefit.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marshall Islands Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Marshall Islands Music Forum (Nov '12) Aug 5 Francesco Sinibaldi 9
UOG gets $630,015 from HHS Jul '14 Shyshy 2
Marshallese in Arkansas unhealthy, ineligible f... (Dec '07) Jul '14 Happy nd proud 267
Second world war dead washed up by Pacific Ocea... Jun '14 SpaceBlues 1
Tiny Pacific nation sues 9 nuclear-armed powers Apr '14 FACT 1
Call +27780945031 Brand New Booty. Apr '14 dr jomoo 1
Damian Light Psychic Identity Theft Apr '14 Better than Lifel... 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Marshall Islands People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••