Ireland's Bloody Sunday: A Warning for Mali

Jan 31, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Dissident Voice

This week sees the anniversary of one of the worst massacres in modern Irish history, when British paratroopers murdered 14 unarmed civilians in cold blood.

Comments
21 - 40 of 55 Comments Last updated Feb 4, 2013
TRUTH

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Warrenpoint

IRA 18.

PARAS 0.
TRUTH

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

massey12 wrote:
<quoted text>i know i wasnt there i didnt profess 2 be they were being shot at and blast type bombs were thrown at them what did you expect them 2 do blow kisses ffs there were trained soldiers yes what happened was terrible but it was the ira,s fault for trying 2 launch an attack on british troops under the cover of a peaceful civil rights march their are plenty of testimonies that havent been heard as well some soldiers have their own storys of what happened but they are not heard as they wish 2 remain unknown for obvoius reasons but jesus christ what is a trained soldier supposed 2 do if he/she comes under sustained attack DEFEND maybe they dont teach that in the irish army maybe thats why they are useless asa force the yes this was 40 yrs ago but things like this still go on in our world the isrealis open fire if bricks and other things are threw at them not right imo but it still happens ffs if this has all been proven why havent the guilty been brought 2 book??????
Last month 15 PSNI detectives, have begun an investigation into the savagery committed on Bloody Sunday, so hopefully without any Dinosaur collusive interference, Paras will be brought before the courts, in the not to distance future, were hopefully they will be punished for there actions, although I am not going to hold my breath on that one....

I have already, answered many of your above points, unfortunately and childishly, and immaturilly, an obvious right winger behind the scenes of Topix, who cannot deal in the brutal truth, as it hurts his wee heart and mind, dismissed my lengthy reply, post to you..

So please check the facts, on the inquiry report, then maybe you will not post on bias untruths hearsay, or try to justify the unjustifable...

Finally, the Irish Army, has feck all to do with our debate on the murders of innocence, as they were not there on Bloody Sunday.

Admirably, the IRISH ARMY, have never disgraced there uniform by the savage murdering of unarmed civilians, unlike the British Army, you can take that to your tittle, tattle, bias, hearsay bank, free of charge..

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Here is another list of infused British celebrities, with IRISH/CATHOLIC/GAELIC blood flowing through there CELTIC veins. Was asked to post them by another user, who has sadly gone, because of personal reasons.. Wink!Wink!
However my kind CELTIC heart wished for me to still post them, as they may be wanted by other users..
Ed Sheerin
Daniel-Day-Lewis
Barry Fitzgerald
Todd Carty
Barbera Windsor
Catherine Cussack
Patrick Dempsey
Patrick Mc Goohan
Dave Allen
Alan Rickman
Gemma Khan
Bill Nighy
Dominic Monaghan
Cillian Murphy
Minnie Driver
Matthew Marsden
Sharon Maughan
Peaches Gedolf
Stella Mc Cartney
Stewart Granger
Tom Hardy
Colin Baker
Tara Fitzgerald
Roddy Mc Dowell
Cathleen Nesbitt
Dominic West
Pauline Collins
Abs Breen
Siobhan Donaghey
David Essex
Rio Ferdinand
Tina O,Brien
Craig Charles
Sharleen Spiteri
Lorraine Kelly
Will post more soon....

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

TRUTH wrote:
<quoted text>Last month 15 PSNI detectives, have begun an investigation into the savagery committed on Bloody Sunday, so hopefully without any Dinosaur collusive interference, Paras will be brought before the courts, in the not to distance future, were hopefully they will be punished for there actions, although I am not going to hold my breath on that one....
I have already, answered many of your above points, unfortunately and childishly, and immaturilly, an obvious right winger behind the scenes of Topix, who cannot deal in the brutal truth, as it hurts his wee heart and mind, dismissed my lengthy reply, post to you..
So please check the facts, on the inquiry report, then maybe you will not post on bias untruths hearsay, or try to justify the unjustifable...
Finally, the Irish Army, has feck all to do with our debate on the murders of innocence, as they were not there on Bloody Sunday.
Admirably, the IRISH ARMY, have never disgraced there uniform by the savage murdering of unarmed civilians, unlike the British Army, you can take that to your tittle, tattle, bias, hearsay bank, free of charge..
ffs aer lingus is more well known throughout the world than the irish army and sometimes in war you have 2 disgrace the uniform 2 get the job done which i doubt these psni boys will never will they find the truth of what really happened that day

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

massey12 wrote:
<quoted text>ffs aer lingus is more well known throughout the world than the irish army and sometimes in war you have 2 disgrace the uniform 2 get the job done which i doubt these psni boys will never will they find the truth of what really happened that day
FFs, being known throughout the world as child killers and the killers of adults innoncence, is not something to be proud off....
If you are in a country to defend lawful and democratic, means makes it all the more hypocritical, and evil when instead they disgrace the uniform and the people they are suppose to be representing, of course this is what they did, and this is why there Prime Minster for the first time in British political history, apologised on there behalf..
At least the nazi SS did not wear the hypocritical mask whenever they went about there evil work of killing innoncence.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

aye well sure arent the pira well known throughout the world for that as well??? well arent they??? but again you only see one side of the coin that going by your username makes you yourself bit hypocritical

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

massey12 wrote:
aye well sure arent the pira well known throughout the world for that as well??? well arent they??? but again you only see one side of the coin that going by your username makes you yourself bit hypocritical
Fair point they are, and so are the savage loyalist paras, who killed a lot more non-combatants, during our long conflict. However I thought we were debating about a supposedly democratic lawful British army..
Transparent distraction tactic???
I have a constantly condemned the killing of innocence by the Provisional IRA, so much so, that I have gone as far, to say, that whenever they killed innocence, it was and is still a stain on the whole Irish people, and nation.
I will not try to justify the unjustiable, unlike some..

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

---Equality wrote:
<quoted text>FFs, being known throughout the world as child killers and the killers of adults innoncence, is not something to be proud off....
If you are in a country to defend lawful and democratic, means makes it all the more hypocritical, and evil when instead they disgrace the uniform and the people they are suppose to be representing, of course this is what they did, and this is why there Prime Minster for the first time in British political history, apologised on there behalf..
At least the nazi SS did not wear the hypocritical mask whenever they went about there evil work of killing innoncence.
the last irish citizen 2 die serving for the british army in afganistan joined the british army so he could help more people throughout the world,they were his words read out by his parents at his funeral in ireland do you think he joined the army 2 become a child killer ffs do you? or is it just that his parents are right wing hypocrites 2 i suppose ffs

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

---Equality wrote:
<quoted text>Fair point they are, and so are the savage loyalist paras, who killed a lot more non-combatants, during our long conflict. However I thought we were debating about a supposedly democratic lawful British army..
Transparent distraction tactic???
I have a constantly condemned the killing of innocence by the Provisional IRA, so much so, that I have gone as far, to say, that whenever they killed innocence, it was and is still a stain on the whole Irish people, and nation.
I will not try to justify the unjustiable, unlike some..
im not justifying anything some paras clearl lost yet it the evidence proves that but they were attacked if you attack heavily armed troops you are going 2 get a reaction in china they did this in the 80s or 90s i think thing is the crowd didnt even do anything ffs loads were massacerd it happens sad but true and most loyalists killings were in revenge for something the pira had did on the army/ruc or loyalist community a bomb say for example a pira bomb would always lead 2 an innocent catholic or 2 being killed imo 2 wrongs certainly do not make a right but again the loyalists had the mindset of a war like situation and most believed wholeheartdly that they were defending their community by killing some random catholic which is nonsense they shouldve picked specific more high profile targets like the pira did imo

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

massey12 wrote:
<quoted text> and most loyalists killings were in revenge for something the pira did
I hear the above comment a lot on this forum, again it is a bigoted unionist falicy thrown out there in an attempt to justify murder.

The numerous innocent Irish Catholics that were abducted, tortured, and then mercifully killed as they walked home from a night out, was not the revengful actions aganist IRA actions, this was total savage human sickness in action.
Furthermore to justify the murder by innocence by the IRA, by then committing further murders aganist innocence is a foul excuse, and totally insane. Murdering innocence is uncalled for full stop, no matter who started it or ended it. NO EXCUSES, CAN COVER THIS!
Moreover many actions by sick loyalists were not committed after IRA actions, numerous were just sectarain enthnic cleansing of Catholics in the dead of night..

Below is the record of your highly delluded, belief that they killed in retalition to IRA attacks.

Almost 900 innocent civilians, including Protestants..
91 fellow loyalists

41 IRA--INLA volunteers...

So not only did they murder innocence in droves, they actually murdered twice as many fellow loyalists, as they did republicans.

Complete sectarian failures, comes to mind and I most certainly, if I was a member of the Protestant community would not be singing any praises, for these obvious sectarian embeciles whom were supposed to be protecting youse...NUTS, LOL.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

massey12 wrote:
<quoted text>the last irish citizen 2 die serving for the british army in afganistan joined the british army so he could help more people throughout the world,they were his words read out by his parents at his funeral in ireland do you think he joined the army 2 become a child killer ffs do you? or is it just that his parents are right wing hypocrites 2 i suppose ffs
I have no real arguement with that, if that is what this young man truly gave his life for. In fact he is to be commended if this were wishes, then he unfortunately lost his young life, I take my hat of to him, and may he rest in peace.

The British government in the last year, have paid out almost 14 million pounds, to IRAQI families of loved ones including children who have been murdered and tortured by the British forces, in out of court settlements, in the hope the world will not hear about it.
And these payments and claims of murder aganist innocent Iraqis, is just the tip of the ice-berg and is a very small percentage of what is ahead in the next few years...

The many British soldiers, who committ the above wilful acts aganist innocence, bring shame and dishonour to the memories of the people who gave there lifes for a lawful democracy, like the young man you have just mentioned, God rest his soul...

However I still beleive every nation, should decide its own destiny, without interference...
USER99

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Faith wrote:
Paras 13
Bogside 0
Warrenpoint....

IRA 18

PARAS O.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

---Equality wrote:
<quoted text>I have no real arguement with that, if that is what this young man truly gave his life for. In fact he is to be commended if this were wishes, then he unfortunately lost his young life, I take my hat of to him, and may he rest in peace.
The British government in the last year, have paid out almost 14 million pounds, to IRAQI families of loved ones including children who have been murdered and tortured by the British forces, in out of court settlements, in the hope the world will not hear about it.
And these payments and claims of murder aganist innocent Iraqis, is just the tip of the ice-berg and is a very small percentage of what is ahead in the next few years...
The many British soldiers, who committ the above wilful acts aganist innocence, bring shame and dishonour to the memories of the people who gave there lifes for a lawful democracy, like the young man you have just mentioned, God rest his soul...
However I still beleive every nation, should decide its own destiny, without interference...
fair play 2 you for saying that about the fella as for the iraqi thing war isnt a fairytale bad things happen some soldiers lose the plot some are not mentally tough enough 2 handle it this this is the case in all kinds of wars/conflicts

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

---Equality wrote:
<quoted text>I hear the above comment a lot on this forum, again it is a bigoted unionist falicy thrown out there in an attempt to justify murder.
The numerous innocent Irish Catholics that were abducted, tortured, and then mercifully killed as they walked home from a night out, was not the revengful actions aganist IRA actions, this was total savage human sickness in action.
Furthermore to justify the murder by innocence by the IRA, by then committing further murders aganist innocence is a foul excuse, and totally insane. Murdering innocence is uncalled for full stop, no matter who started it or ended it. NO EXCUSES, CAN COVER THIS!
Moreover many actions by sick loyalists were not committed after IRA actions, numerous were just sectarain enthnic cleansing of Catholics in the dead of night..
Below is the record of your highly delluded, belief that they killed in retalition to IRA attacks.
Almost 900 innocent civilians, including Protestants..
91 fellow loyalists
41 IRA--INLA volunteers...
So not only did they murder innocence in droves, they actually murdered twice as many fellow loyalists, as they did republicans.
Complete sectarian failures, comes to mind and I most certainly, if I was a member of the Protestant community would not be singing any praises, for these obvious sectarian embeciles whom were supposed to be protecting youse...NUTS, LOL.
im not singing any1s praises were have i?? i havent said anything glorifying anything alot of the loyalist killings (not all)were revenge attacks for for something a republican group did its hardly deluded when it was annouced on the 6 o clock news time and time again back then that a young catholic had been murdered in revenge for an attack on army/ruc or the loyalist community when a group claims responsibilty for an act they have carried out an theve admitted responsibility for it they usally gave the reason why and in alot of cases revenge was the reason
Sugreaf

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

---Equality wrote:
<quoted text>Nonsense,
Firstly you were not there that day, 40 years ago.
Secondly, are you saying that a supposedly premier hardened British Army regiment were to be threatened by a few stones, bricks, as they stood with riot gear on.
Thirdly all innocents killed and shot and injured were to be a quarter of a mile away, from the supposedly everyday riot scene/barricade.
Fourthly, are you dismissing the word of numerous eyewitness accounts, which was to include a former British/English soldier who served in the second world war, Priests, Doctors, Nurses, Knights of Malta personnel, Ambulance personnel, T.V. reporters Foreign and British, Journalists, Foreign and British, and numerous civil rights marchers themselves who were nowhere near the riot area.
Also, several members of the Parachute regiment who served that fateful day, and who did not fire there weapons at the civil rights marchers were to give evidence in a london courthouse, of what actually happened, that day, and according to them it was the wilful murder of innocence.
Fithly, another British Army regiment based on the Derry walls, that day, it has been proven also opened fired killing and injuring some of these marchers. The Derry walls to my knowledge is situated almost a half a mile from the scene of any rioting.
Sorry, your post seems to be based with respect on a very closed mind, which maybe clouded by some biased hearsay from within your community etc.....
Finally, a British Prime minster for the first time in British political History, was to acknowledge what happened that dreadful day, whilst also apologising on behalf of the British people for what happened whenever British troops killed and injured unarmed civilians.
Do you dismiss, the words of a British Prime minster, who I am certain would not do such a thing lightly?
And with that said to which I agree our previous poster has opened up hunting season to Fleg protestors who attack the police........maybe live rounds instead of a water canon would give a balance of fairness.......you know the police also have a right to defend them selves.
Oliver Cromwell

Cleveleys, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

massey12 wrote:
<quoted text>ffs aer lingus is more well known throughout the world than the irish army and sometimes in war you have 2 disgrace the uniform 2 get the job done which i doubt these psni boys will never will they find the truth of what really happened that day
That didn't wash when the SS were on trial for getting the job done,some of you people are unbelievable.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Sugreaf wrote:
<quoted text>And with that said to which I agree our previous poster has opened up hunting season to Fleg protestors who attack the police........maybe live rounds instead of a water canon would give a balance of fairness.......you know the police also have a right to defend them selves.
how have i were did i say anything remotely like that ffs wise up yes the police hava right 2 defend themselves some of them are not very good at it though anyway last few wks there hasnt been any1 attacking the police ffs apart from dissidents

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Oliver Cromwell wrote:
<quoted text>
That didn't wash when the SS were on trial for getting the job done,some of you people are unbelievable.
former ss men are still being punished and brought before courts up 2 this very day and what they always say in their defence is "i was a soldier i was merely following orders" if they didnt carry out orders they were the 1s shot carry out the orders or face the firing squad the nazi heirarchy made it as simple as that it was a war ffs bad things happened ss men are still being hunted for worldwide and brought 2 book for the terrible things they did alot have already been punished for what they done plenty of countrys armies dont excatly play by the rules of the geneva convention but we dont often see them in war crimes trials bar saddams trial in iraq only really in europe are armys/countrys punished for war crimes
---Equality

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

massey12 wrote:
<quoted text>im not singing any1s praises were have i?? i havent said anything glorifying anything alot of the loyalist killings (not all)were revenge attacks for for something a republican group did its hardly deluded when it was annouced on the 6 o clock news time and time again back then that a young catholic had been murdered in revenge for an attack on army/ruc or the loyalist community when a group claims responsibilty for an act they have carried out an theve admitted responsibility for it they usally gave the reason why and in alot of cases revenge was the reason
I said if I was a member of the protestant community, I would not be singing there praises, I was not referring to you in particular.

Yes, I was aware of the 6 o,clock news reports, and what they said, like you. However even back then I knew these statements to be just sectarian BS.
Just because the loyalists paras gave out such nonsense statements to the press, after they murdered and tortured innocence, as an excuse for the murder of these same innocents should not mean that intelligent people from within your community, had to beleive there evil deluded excuses for savagery on innocence unless they themselves were also sectarian and bigoted and most certainly deluded, and supportive of the loyalist paras evil savage actions aganist innocence solely because they were Catholic..
---Equality

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Faith wrote:
Paras 13
Bogside 0
You are sectarianly mistaken lady...

Your post should read.....

PARAS.......... 14 dead, 26 shot and injured...

14 INNOCENT CIVILIANS O

13 Catholics murdered on Bloody Sunday, one more died from his injuries 6 weeks later, a Mr Johnston was a middle-aged innocent Protestant, who bravely beleived for civil and equal rights, for ALL of which was to cost him his precious life, GOD REST HIS SOUL.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Mali Discussions

Search the Mali Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
BLACKEST week ever for air travel with 3 deadly... Jul 25 _malon_goblok 1
Trick operamini/ucweb maxis/celcom (Dec '11) May '14 jusoh 28
Ambassador To Mali Holds 'Ghana Day' In Bamako (Oct '11) May '14 kobena 2
Why are Malians so ugly Apr '14 baga 3
Call +27780945031 Brand New Booty. Apr '14 dr jomoo 1
West Africa: Trading Away Hunger Apr '14 Ayeah Rene 1
Saturday, March 22 Mar '14 Machuelo Arriba 2
•••
•••