Filippos II said HE WAS GREEK not FYR...

Filippos II said HE WAS GREEK not FYROMIAN

Posted in the Macedonia Forum

First Prev
of 27
Next Last

Since: Jun 07

REAL Macedonia-Greece

#1 Mar 7, 2008
Filippos, himself verified he is Greek

For on many occasions when I AND THE OTHER GREEKS sent embassies to you begging you to remove from your statutes the law empowering you to get booty from booty, you replied that you would rather remove Aetolia from Aetolia than that law

[Polyvius, 18.4.8]

Megas Alexandros verifies his father was GREEK
so I guess he cant be slav, heheheheh
THIS IS IN THE MUSEUM OF VERGINA-GO & SEE IT WITH UR OWN EYES

""He [MEGAS ALEXANDROS] sent to Athens three hundred Persian panoplies to be set up to Athena in the acropolis; he ordered this inscription to be attached: Alexander, son of Philip the GREEK, save the Lacedaimonians, set up these spoils from the barbarians dwelling in Asia." (Arrian I, 16, 7)

Philip was born a Greek of the most aristocratic, indeed of divine, descent... Philip was both a Greek and a Macedonian, even as Demosthenes was a Greek and an Athenian...The Macedonians over whom Philip was to rule were an outlying family member of the GREEK-SPEAKING peoples.

Nicholas G. L. Hammond,'Philip of Macedon

REAL Macedonia-Greece

#2 Mar 8, 2008
HERE WE GO AGAIN

IF
DEUTCHLAND ISNT GERMANY
NEDERLANDS ISNT HOLLAND
Magyarország ISNT HUNGARY
HELVETIA ISNT SWITZERLAND
Shqipëria ISNT ALBANIA
POLSKA ISNT POLAND
Sverige ISNT SWEDEN
Österreich ISNT AUSTRIA
Suomi ISNT FINLAND
LETTONIA ISNT LATVIA
Lëtzebuerg ISNT LUXEMBOURG
Birmania ISNT MYANMAR
Alba ISNT SCOTLAND
España ISNT SPAIN
Ceylon ISNT SRI LANKA
Cymru ISNT WALES

THEN ELLAS ISNT GREECE

A repeat 4 deniers of self-evident
GREECE=ELLAS
WHATS ur PROBLEM ABOUT THE NAME "GREECE"?
WER ELLINES OUR COUNTRY ELLAS
WE NEVER STOPPED CALLING US ELLINES
What if OTHERS call us by various names [Greece Yunanistan Grecia Berdzeni Griekeland Gorogorszag Girisha Groeg Yavan Dayuan Wade Yavana Xila Hy Lap Saberdzneti]?
WHAT IS UR PROBLEM HOW OTHERS CALL US?
JUST COZ ROMANS prefered the ancient ELLENIC "GREKOS" MEANS WE STOPPED CALLING OURSELVES ELLINES? doz it mean Greeks & Ellines rnt the same?

THE NAME "GREECE IS OLDER THAN "ELLAS"
The name 'Greek' is in fact ancient as well, as the famous philosopher Aristotelis verifies:
"...and she was not there forever, but after the cataclysm of Defkalion, which occurred in the Hellenic area, in fact, in the ancient Hellas, which was around Dodoni, and it changed many times the flow of Acheloos river. In that area live the Selloi and the ones that were once called Graecoi and are now called Hellenes..." [Aristotelis Meteorologika, I, 14]

ITS NOT OUR FAULT IF SOME CALL US OTHER THAN ELLINES.
WE NEVER STOPPED-understand?
Romans used the ancient term grekos [which meant, old autochtonous of earth] 2 define the oldest people of the region which were THE eLLINES-
THIS IS ANOTHER TESTIMONY OF OUR AUTOCTHONOUS ORIGIN!
ROMANS used the pro-ellenic TERM "GREEK" at a time that themsleves defined as Ellines. So as u can see we r talking about same people. Ellines did not become other people over a night when were conquered by Romans

the name graekos existed long b4 romans appeard stupidofski. The Romans simply used this term coz the Greeks that were living in Rome b4 any roman empire were from the graekos race

"KAI ELLENES ONOMESTHESAN TO PROTERON GRAIKOI KALOYMENOI."
Means "Hellenes named they who before called Greek."
http://www.hellenicpantheon.gr/ParionAr.htm

For us Greeks our nation was a loose commonwealth of Greek regions living in the balkans, in Minor Asia & south Italy. All had their local leaders. Filippos started to change this by unifying Greeks
Megas Alexandros finished the job uniting all Greeks even in Greek Asia Minor. Our Empire the Macedonian Empire is our nation back then, til the Roman conquest.Which Greeks spiritually overturned by gaining the eastern part under Greek RULED the Byzantio, which now is the Greek nation. After 360 years Greeks kicked out the Turks & recreated part of Greek nation
History has a continuation. No form of country will erase or distort it. No borders can frame history.
Greeks , like other people, have a continuation.
We dont like others to claim our history, our achievments

REAL Macedonia-Greece

#3 Mar 8, 2008
All existing proof confirms that
Macedonians HAD SAME LANGUAGE WITH TH REST OF GREEKS
NO SUCH PROOF OF THE OPPOSITE EXISTS
IF ANYONE DOUBTS this give us ur proofs OR SHUT UP

Titus Livius
"Aetolians, Acarnanians, Macedonians,(All Hellenes) men of the same language"

(T. Livius XXXI,29, 15)
Ancient historian who lived when at that time no one was questioning the Greekness of Macedonians, & of course would have no reason to lie !

REAL Macedonia-Greece

#4 Mar 9, 2008
ALEXANDERs Grandfather HIMSELF PROVED HIS GREEK NATIONALITY
Quote:
Perdiccas II was one of five sons of Alexander I, the king who had first proved the hellenic bona fides of the Argead House to the game marshals at Olympia. Despite a sunsequent blot upon his record as a good Greek when he failed to join in immediate pursuit of the defeated persians as they withdrew through his territories i 479/9 BC
( J. E. G. Whitehorne)

PTOLEMAIOS VERYFIED HE IS GREEK
In 163 BC the Macedonian Ptolemaios, son of Glaukias living in Memphis of Ptolemaic Egypt, sends a letter to the ruler of his place because he is getting harrased from the Egyptians of one temple despite the fact that he is…GREEK.

Quote:
eisebiazonto boulomenoi exspasai me kai agagisai, kathaper kai en tois proteron xronois epexeirisan ousis apostaseos, para to Ellina me einai

REAL Macedonia-Greece

#5 Mar 9, 2008
All existing proof confirms that
Macedonians HAD SAME LANGUAGE WITH TH REST OF GREEKS
NO SUCH PROOF OF THE OPPOSITE EXISTS
IF ANYONE DOUBTS this give us ur proofs OR SHUT UP

Titus Livius
"Aetolians, Acarnanians, Macedonians,(All Hellenes) men of the same language"

(T. Livius XXXI,29, 15)
Ancient historian who lived when at that time no one was questioning the Greekness of Macedonians, & of course would have no reason to lie !

Megas Alexandros was a regionalistic fanatic, thats why he preffered to name the empire "Macedonia" instead of "Ellas", DO U THINK that judging by his REGIONALISTIC strong feelings that he WOULD'VE GIVEN UP, THAT EASILY, A SUPPOSED "MACEDONIAN LANGUAGE", & INSTEAD, SPREAD GREEK LANGUAGE TO every corner of the EMPIRE? Would've he stated a proud Greek wherever he went?
Fyromians come to ur senses b4 its too late.

Quote:

The Greek language and literature were planted every-where: every new exploration added to the treasures of science and the enlightenment of the human race.

“A manual of ancient history” By M. E. Thalheimer, page 206

SO MEGAS ALEXANDROS PLANTED GREEK LANGUAGE EVERYWHERE
very strange to spread Hellenic culture since Hellenes were enemies as u stinky fyromians believe !! ahahahaha

“NICE BOYs DONT PLAY ROCK&ROLL”

Since: Oct 07

Peiting/Obb.

#7 Mar 10, 2008
hhahhahhahhhahhahhaha......as we know......filip conquered and ruled geece.....and remembner the words of demonsten

Since: Sep 07

Adelaide, Australia

#8 Mar 10, 2008
Your ancestors (Persians)invaded Macedonia and the rest of Greece and did US great harm, though WE had done them no prior injury [...] I have been appointed hegemon of the Greeks [...]

(Arrian, Anabasis of Alexander II,14,4)
LouWeed wrote:
hhahhahhahhhahhahhaha......as we know......filip conquered and ruled geece.....and remembner the words of demonsten

Peiting/Obb.

#9 Mar 10, 2008
hehehe ..... the rest.........so u were understate underground underhellenes???

Since: Sep 07

Adelaide, Australia

#10 Mar 10, 2008
did you read? did you read what Alexander said? no Greece huh?
Your ancestors (Persians)invaded Macedonia and the rest of Greece and did US great harm, though WE had done them no prior injury [...] I have been appointed hegemon of the Greeks [...]

(Arrian, Anabasis of Alexander II,14,4)
LouWeed wrote:
hehehe ..... the rest.........so u were understate underground underhellenes???

Peiting/Obb.

#11 Mar 10, 2008
hahhahahhaa.........in case.....did the makedonian ruled (at these times) the nations of geece?

Peiting/Obb.

#13 Mar 10, 2008
alexander, filip, karan, antipater, perdika, kiril, metodi, alketa, arhela, pausania, aminta

all makedonian names, more if u want
GEOROX

Chicago, IL

#14 Mar 10, 2008

REAL Macedonia-Greece

#15 Mar 10, 2008
LouWeed wrote:
WHO DID FILIPPOS CONQUER FIRST?
The first slaves that Filippos sold were Macedon Greeks
ONLY A DUMB PERSON BELIEVES THAT UR NATIONALITY IS Determined BY whom U KILL or enslave!!!? heeheheheh
what about Americans & the North-South civil war?
What about thousands of other civil wars recorded worldwide?
Why r they called civil wars?
Do u reject civil wars exist ? STUPID ASSHOLE !!
my God ,how dumb r these fyromgypsies of scopiatistan!!????

FILIPPOS FIRST CONQUERED THE BIGGER MONARCHY OF GREECE, MACEDONIA, so first Macedons FOUGHT Macedons b4 attacking the rest of Greeks

“Is considered this king (Philip) began his monarchy with the bad conditions and he conquered the bigger monarchy of HELLENES [GREEKS]: Macedonia,
increasing the hegemony no so much with the heroism of arms, as long as with the skilful handlings and his diplomacy.”
(Diodorus Sikeliotis, 16-95)

MANY GREEK STATES CONQUERED EACH OTHER.
Macedonians unified Greece & established the Corinthian league of ALLIED GREEKS and only Greeks,
They led Greece against Persians to revenge them for their prior outrages on all Greeks
THEIR WORDS NOT MINE
All historians refer to this unification. Why do Fyromians deny it?
CAN A STINKY SCOPIANOGIAN ANSWER? I GUESS NOT. hehe

ANOTHER QUESTION THAT WILL NEVER BE ANSWERED!

Alan Fildes confirms that MACEDONIA WAS A GREEK STATE
Quote:
Born in a remote kingdom in northern Greece, as once of several royal sons, Alexander displayed leadership abilities at an early age….
…Philip II, Alexander III secured the whole of Greece and prepared to lead its allied states against the Massive Persian Empire”

-Alan Fildes and Joann Fletcher, Alexander the Great, son of the gods, p6

ISOCRATIS TALKS ABOUT FILIPPOS INTENTIONS TO UNIFY GREECE, TO REVENGE PERSIANS FOR PRIOR ATTROCITIES ON ALL GREEKS

Quote:
That Philip was disposed by his nature to the practice of war and politics is obvious enough. Even the idea of a pan-Hellenic alliance of Greek states united in a war against Persia had been around since 380 BC
when it was put forth by Isocrates in his Panegyricus. Later, when it was clear that Philip would indeed unite Greece by force of arms, Isocrates, now in his nineties, rewrote the piece under the title of Philippus and commended it to Philip who saw in it the ideological justification for his planned war against the Persians
(Richard Gabriel)

ahahahhahah CRY BABY CRY AGAIN EHEHEHEHEHE

REAL Macedonia-Greece

#16 Mar 10, 2008
LouWeed wrote:
If U USE half quotes [Demosthenis & others] u end up in wrong conclusions
TELL UR STUPID FYROMIAN WEBSITE TO UPLOAD the enitre oration of Demosthenis, otherwise they push u to a suicide mission when u bring the quotes in here & u end up being humiliated by all given answers !!!
By the way there isnt a single thing that u can bring from there that wont end up in ur humiliation !!!

SINCE SLAVIC MONGOLOIDS KEEP ON REFERING TO DEMOSTHENIS I will repeat:
Ur scopian website doesnt refer to all the oration of demosthenes in order to lead readers to false conclusions.
OK ....LETS GO AGAIN , lets answer to this for the millionth time:

Demosthenis is trying to convince the Athenians that Filippos isnt a GREEK or Macedons not worth even as slaves, so that way he could rise Athenians against him,But when he fails 2 do so he finally admitts that all Macedonians were Greeks.If Filippos wasnt Greek there would'nt be a need 4 anyone to try that hard to convince that he wasnt.You must read all of Demosthenis 2 realize what he really means.

Demosthenes, after failing to convince that Macedonians werent Greeks, in order to uprise Athenians-SAID:

"No king of the Hellenes had ever conquered Egypt with the exception only of Alexander, and that he did without war..."
“Even though Xerxes had a huge host with him, he was a barbarian and was defeated by the prudence of the Hellenes; whereas Alexander the Hellene (GREEK) has already engaged in 13 battles and has not been defeated once.”
[2.3.4.-5; Oration of Demosthenes]

Try hard Scopianogians, to answer ,why did Demosthenes after accusing Macedonians as barbarians & worthless slaves, SAID :

“And, now, is justly the barbarian praised by the Athenians for capturing Hellenes? As for MEGAS ALEXANDROS WHO IS A HELLENE and captured Hellenes, not only did he not imprison his opponents, but enlisted them and made them his allies instead of enemies…“
[2.4.5; Oration of Demosthenes]

ANOTHER QUESTION U WILL NEVER ANSWER!

IF U STILL CANNOT SEE Demosthenis MOTIVATIONS , U MUST HAVE AN IQ PROBLEM.how can he say Macedonians are GREEKS if he believed that Filippos wasnt A GREEK or other Macedonians werent Greek?
try to give an answer. IF U CAN. And tell ur stupid propaganda website to upload all demosthenes oration, not the part that leads u to wrong conclusions. But I dont think Scopians have balls to do it

REAL Macedonia-Greece

#17 Mar 10, 2008
LouWeed wrote:
alexander, filip, karan, antipater, perdika, kiril, metodi, alketa, arhela, pausania, aminta
all makedonian names, more if u want
CAN fyromians EXPLAIN IN SLAVOBULGARIC FYROMIAN LANGUAGE which u dare to call "Macedonian"
the meaning of Macedonian ancient names ????
I can explain all in Greek
I can give u the etymology of Macedonian namesthey r Greek, the structure is Greek & defenitly the meaning is Greek
CAN U STINKY VARDASKIANS GIVE US FULL REPORT OF ALL MACEDONIAN ETYMOLOGY?
NOT a few which u borrowed or by accident have a meaning in fyromian language
I can do it in All DISCOVERED Macedonian words! haha

HERE ARE THE ONES U REFER TO
SPELLED IN THE ORIGINAL MACEDONIAN-eheheheh

7. ANTIPATROS m Ancient Greek (ANTIPATER Latinized)
Pronounced: an-TI-pa-tur
From the Greek name Antipatros, which meant ‘like the father’ from Greek anti ‘like’ and pater ‘father’. This was the name of an officer of Alexander the Great, who became the regent of Macedon during Alexander’s absence.

11. KARANOS m Ancient Greek (CARANUS Latinized)
Derived from the archaic Greek word ‘koiranos’ or ‘karanon”, meaning ‘ruler’,‘leader’ or ‘king’. Both words stem from the same archaic Doric root ‘kara’ meaning head, hence leader, royal master. The word ‘koiranos’ already had the meaning of ruler or king in Homer. Karanos is the name of the founder of the Argead dynasty of the Kings of Macedon.

1. ALEXANDROS m Ancient Greek (ALEXANDER Latinized)
Pronounced: al-eg-ZAN-dur
From the Greek name Alexandros, which meant ‘defending men’ from Greek alexein ‘to defend, protect, help’ and aner ‘man’(genitive andros). Alexander the Great, King of Macedon, is the most famous bearer of this name. In the 4th century BC he built a huge empire out of Greece, Egypt, Persia, and parts of India. The name was borne by five kings of Macedon.

2. PHILIPPOS m Ancient Greek (PHILIP Latinized)
Pronounced: FIL-ip
From the Greek name Philippos which means ‘friend of horses’, composed of the elements philos ‘friend’ and hippos ‘horse’. The name was borne by five kings of Macedon, including Philip II the father of Alexander the Great.

4. ALKETAS m Ancient Greek (ALCAEUS Latinized)
Pronounced: al-SEE-us
Derived from Greek alke meaning ‘strength’. This was the name of a 7th-century BC lyric poet from the island of Lesbos

5. AMYNTAS m Ancient Greek
Derived from Greek amyntor meaning ‘defender’. The name was borne by three kings of Macedon.

8. ARCHELAOS m Ancient Greek (ARCHELAUS Latinized)
Pronounced: ar-kee-LAY-us
Latinized form of the Greek name Archelaos, which meant ‘master of the people’ from arche ‘master’ and laos ‘people’. It was also the name of the 7th Spartan king who came in the throne of Sparti in 886 BC, long before the establishment of the Macedonian state.

19. PERDIKKAS m Ancient Greek (PERDICCAS Latinized)
Derived from Greek perdika meaning ‘partridge’. Perdikkas I is presented as founder of the kingdom of Macedon in Herodotus 8.137. The name was borne by three kings of Macedon.

REAL Macedonia-Greece

#18 Mar 10, 2008
I WONDER WHY FYROMIANS LIKE TO SUFFER SO MUCH !!
THEY R THE GREATEST MASOCHISTS IN THE ENITRE UNIVERSE
DESPITE ALL THE KICKS IN THEIR ASSES
DESPITE ALL THE CONSTANT HUMILIATION THEY RECEIVE
DESPITE ALL THE PAINFUL ANCIENT QUOTES, GIVES THEM
they keep on coming back for more GREEK SUPERIOR CUM UP THEIR ASSES !!!!
hahahhaha I DONT KNOW WHETHER TO HATE U OR PITTY U,
POOR LITTLE GYPSY THIEVES
oouahahhahahahhaaooooouuuahaha hahhahaha

“Macedonian, therefore Greek”

Since: Apr 07

Lychnidos, occupied Macedonia

#19 Mar 10, 2008
LouWeed wrote:
Greek Civil endless wars.

Athenians > Spartans > Thebans > Macedonians

REAL Macedonia-Greece

#20 Mar 10, 2008
Quote:

The Battle of Chaeronea was one of the most important battles in the history of Greece. Philip’s victory and his eventual establishment of a unified Greece marked the end of the city-state and the beginning of the imperial age
(Richard Gabriel)

Chaeronean battle :A Greek Civil war

Combatants

Side A'(ALL GREEKS)
Macedonia, Thessaly, Epirus, Aetolia, Northern Phocis, Epicnemidian Locrians

Side B'(ALL GREEKS)
Athens, Beotian League (Thebes, etc), Euboean League, Achaean League, Corinth, Megara, Corcyra, Acarnania, Ambracia, Southern Phocis.

MORE PROOF THAT IT WAS A CIVIL WAR

Then indeed the Thebans, no longer defending themselves, were slain, NOT SO MUCH by the Macedonians as by the Phocians, Plataeans and other Boeotians, who by indiscriminate slaughter vented their rage against them. Some were even attacked in the houses (a few of whom turned to defend themselves), and others as they were supplicating the protection of the gods in the temples; not even the women and children being spared.
(Arrian 1a8)

REAL Macedonia-Greece

#21 Mar 12, 2008
Quote:

The Greek language and literature were planted every-where: every new exploration added to the treasures of science and the enlightenment of the human race.

“A manual of ancient history” By M. E. Thalheimer, page 206

SO MEGAS ALEXANDROS PLANTED GREEK LANGUAGE EVERYWHERE
very strange to spread Hellenic culture since Hellenes were enemies as u stinky fyromians believe !! ahahahaha

REAL Macedonia-Greece

#22 Mar 14, 2008
Fyromians JUST IMAGINE IF U HAD ONLY ONE OF THESE THOUSANDS QUOTES STATING THE GREEKNESS OF MACEDONS
CAN U IMAGINE IF U HAD ONE THAT SAID "I AM ALEKZANDAR & I AM FROM SCOPIJE & I AM SLAV I SPEAK SLAVIC"
heheeh U WOULD'VE CARVED IT ON UR FOREHEADS !!
U WOULD'VE PUT IT ON UR FLAG
U WOULD'VE CARVED IT ON STONE & PUT IT IN EVERY SQUARE IN UR SHITHOLE COUNTRY !! eheheh

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 27
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Macedonia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
THE OATH OF GREEK WARRlORS! 10 hr MACEDONIA ISGREECE 2
Hellas back to 1830 borders. 19 hr DaniEl 12
3 milions arvanites in greece (Mar '13) Thu DaniEl 163
News Tough trio Thu zozi 2
Macedonian's Steven Stamkos & Mike Angelidis (Aug '12) Wed Travis 23
GREECE ,country built on GENOCIDE Jun 29 DaniEl 112
i introduce you to deep thinking skop bulgarian Jun 27 ibrahim karagool 5
More from around the web