|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2012

Judged:

KARANofMACEDONIA wrote:
Macedonians were never Greeks, nor from origin, nor with the customs, nor with the properties. Their rulers had nothing Hellenic. Their history was similar to that of Illyrian, Thracian an Paeonian population that bordered, but not with the history of the Hellenic city-states.
Arthur de Cobineau, Histore des Perse, Paris, 1870

Quote:

How highly should we honour the Macedonians, who for the greater part of their lives never cease from fighting with the barbarians for the sake of the security of Greece? For who is not aware that Greece would have constantly stood in the greater danger, had we not been fenced by the Macedonians and the honourable ambition of their kings?

[The Histories of Polybius, IX, 35, 2 (Loeb, W.R. Paton).]

Speech of Lykiskos, the representative of Akarnania to the Lakedaimonians (Spartans):

Quote:

Let what I have said on this head suffice, and let those who are disposed to be cautious pronounce my words to have no bearing on the present situation. I will now revert to what my adversaries themselves speak of as the main question. And this is that if matters are now in the same state as when you made an alliance with them, you should decide to maintain your original attitude, for that is a matter of principle, but if the situation has radically changed, you are justified now in discussing the requests made to you afresh. I ask you, therefore, Cleonicus and Chlaeneas, what allies had you when you first invited the Spartans to act with you? Had you not the whole of Greece? But who make common cause with you at present or what kind of alliance do you invite them to enter? Far from being similar, the circumstances are now the reverse of what they formerly were. Then your rivals in the struggle for supremacy and renown were the Achaeans and Macedonians, peoples of your OWN RACE, and Philip was their commander. But now Greece is threatened with a war against men of a foreign race who intend to enslave her, men whom you fancy you are calling in against Philip, but are calling in really against yourselves and the whole of Greece.

[Polybius, Histories, IX, 37]

ISOCRATES TO PHILIP OF MACEDON

Quote:

“Now I am not unaware that many of the Hellenes look upon the King’s power as invincible. Yet one may well marvel at them if they really believe that the power which was subdued to the will of a mere barbarian–an ill-bred barbarian at that–and collected in the cause of slavery, could not be scattered by A MAN OF THE BLOOD OF HELLAS, of ripe experience in warfare, in the cause of freedom–and that too although they know that while it is in all cases difficult to construct a thing, to destroy it is, comparatively, an easy task.Bear in mind that the men whom the world most admires and honors are those who unite in themselves the abilities of the statesman and the general. When, therefore, you see the renown which even in a single city is bestowed on men who possess these gifts, what manner of eulogies must you expect to hear spoken of you, when AMONG ALL THE HELLENES you shall stand forth as a statesman who has worked for the good of Hellas, and AS A GENERAL WHO HAS OVERTHROWN THE BARBARIANS?”

[Isocrates, Speeches and Letters, "To Philip", 5.139, 5.140]
Thessaloniki

Elefsína, Greece

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2012

Judged:

KARANofMACEDONIA wrote:
Macedonians were never Greeks, nor from origin, nor with the customs, nor with the properties. Their rulers had nothing Hellenic. Their history was similar to that of Illyrian, Thracian an Paeonian population that bordered, but not with the history of the Hellenic city-states.
Arthur de Cobineau, Histore des Perse, Paris, 1870

Quote:

“As I continued to say many things of this tenor, those who heard me were inspired with the hope that when my discourse should be published you and the Athenians would bring the war to an end, and, having conquered your pride, would adopt some policy for your mutual good. Whether indeed they were foolish or sensible in taking this view is a question for which they, and not I, may fairly be held to account; but in any case, while I was still occupied with this endeavour, you and Athens anticipated me by making peace before I had completed my discourse; and you were wise in doing so, for to conclude the peace, no matter how, was better than to continue to be oppressed by the evils engendered by the war.[8] But although I was in joyful accord with the resolutions which were adopted regarding the peace, and was convinced that they would be beneficial, not only to us, BUT ALSO TO YOU AND ALL THE OTHER HELLENES, I could not divorce my thought from the possibilities connected with this step, but found myself in a state of mind where I began at once to consider how the results which had been achieved might be made permanent for us, and how our city could be prevented from setting her heart upon further wars, after a short interval of peace.”

[Isocrates, Speeches and Letters, "To Philip", 5.8]

Quote:

“And, now, is justly the barbarian <Xerxes> praised by the Athenians for capturing Hellenes? As for Alexander who is a Hellene and captured Hellenes, not only did he not imprison his opponents, but enlisted them and made them his allies instead of enemies…“

<`Pseudo-Kallisthenes’ 2.4.5; Oration of Demosthenes>

Quote:

“No king of the Hellenes had ever conquered Egypt with the exception only of Alexander, and that he did without war…”

<`Pseudo-Kallisthenes’ 2.4.7-8; Oration of Demosthenes>

Quote:

They recalled that at the start of his reign Darius had issued orders for the shape of the scabbard of the Persian scimitar to be altered to the shape used by the Greeks, and that the Chaldeans had immediately interpreted this as meaning that rule over the Persians would pass to those people whose arms Darius had copied.

(Quintus Curtius Rufus 3.3)

Quote:

Alexander… then reached the country of the Ariaspas [an ancient Iranian people]… and found out that these people did not handle their public affairs as the Barbarians of the region, but delivered justice in a fashion close to that of the best Greeks, so he left them free and gave them as much of the neighboring lands they asked”

[Anabasis of Alexander, 3.27.4-5]

Quote:

“They say that these were the clans collected by Amphictyon himself in the Greek assembly… The Macedonians managed to join and the entire Phocian race… In my day there were thirty members: six each from Nikopolis, Macedonia, and Thessaly – and from the Boeotoi that were the first that departed from Thessalia and that’s when they were called Aioloi – two from each of the Phokeis and Delphi, one from the ancient Dorida, the Lokroi send one from the Ozoloi and one from the ones living beyond Evoia, one from the Evoeis. From the Peloponnesians, one from Argos, one from Sikion, one from Korinthos and Megara, one from Athens…”

[Pausanias, Description of Greece, Phocis Book VIII, 4]
Thessaloniki

Elefsína, Greece

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2012

Judged:

KARANofMACEDONIA wrote:
"...The Pelasgians that were called barbarians by the Hellens rere in fact ancent Macedonians, i.e. Slavs, out of which much later the Hellens acquired the language and the alphabet..."
M.Vaultier, Bulltetin des Sciences historique

Quote:

“As I continued to say many things of this tenor, those who heard me were inspired with the hope that when my discourse should be published you and the Athenians would bring the war to an end, and, having conquered your pride, would adopt some policy for your mutual good. Whether indeed they were foolish or sensible in taking this view is a question for which they, and not I, may fairly be held to account; but in any case, while I was still occupied with this endeavour, you and Athens anticipated me by making peace before I had completed my discourse; and you were wise in doing so, for to conclude the peace, no matter how, was better than to continue to be oppressed by the evils engendered by the war.[8] But although I was in joyful accord with the resolutions which were adopted regarding the peace, and was convinced that they would be beneficial, not only to us, BUT ALSO TO YOU AND ALL THE OTHER HELLENES, I could not divorce my thought from the possibilities connected with this step, but found myself in a state of mind where I began at once to consider how the results which had been achieved might be made permanent for us, and how our city could be prevented from setting her heart upon further wars, after a short interval of peace.”

[Isocrates, Speeches and Letters, "To Philip", 5.8]

Quote:

“And, now, is justly the barbarian <Xerxes> praised by the Athenians for capturing Hellenes? As for Alexander who is a Hellene and captured Hellenes, not only did he not imprison his opponents, but enlisted them and made them his allies instead of enemies…“

<`Pseudo-Kallisthenes’ 2.4.5; Oration of Demosthenes>

Quote:

“No king of the Hellenes had ever conquered Egypt with the exception only of Alexander, and that he did without war…”

<`Pseudo-Kallisthenes’ 2.4.7-8; Oration of Demosthenes>

Quote:

They recalled that at the start of his reign Darius had issued orders for the shape of the scabbard of the Persian scimitar to be altered to the shape used by the Greeks, and that the Chaldeans had immediately interpreted this as meaning that rule over the Persians would pass to those people whose arms Darius had copied.

(Quintus Curtius Rufus 3.3)

Quote:

Alexander… then reached the country of the Ariaspas [an ancient Iranian people]… and found out that these people did not handle their public affairs as the Barbarians of the region, but delivered justice in a fashion close to that of the best Greeks, so he left them free and gave them as much of the neighboring lands they asked”

[Anabasis of Alexander, 3.27.4-5]
Thessaloniki

Elefsína, Greece

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2012

Judged:

KARANofMACEDONIA wrote:
"...Macedonians from the sixth and seventh century BC constitute a whole of fierce interior tribes, divided into separate small principalities and were specific to Greece ... Herodotus, who considered Epirian Molosians and Tesprotians as children of Helen, clearly thinks the opposite in terms of Macedonians..."
History of Greece by George Gerote

Quote:

“They say that these were the clans collected by Amphictyon himself in the Greek assembly… The Macedonians managed to join and the entire Phocian race… In my day there were thirty members: six each from Nikopolis, Macedonia, and Thessaly – and from the Boeotoi that were the first that departed from Thessalia and that’s when they were called Aioloi – two from each of the Phokeis and Delphi, one from the ancient Dorida, the Lokroi send one from the Ozoloi and one from the ones living beyond Evoia, one from the Evoeis. From the Peloponnesians, one from Argos, one from Sikion, one from Korinthos and Megara, one from Athens…”

[Pausanias, Description of Greece, Phocis Book VIII, 4]

Quote:

Even though Xerxes had a huge host with him, he was a barbarian and was defeated by the prudence of the Hellenes; whereas Alexander the Hellene has already engaged in 13 battles and has not been defeated once.”

<`Pseudo-Kallisthenes’ 2.3.4.-5; Oration of Demosthenes>

Quote:

The 38th book contains the completion of the disaster of the Hellenes. For though both the whole of Hellas and her several parts had often met with mischance, yet to none of her former defeats can we more fittingly apply, the name of disaster with all it signifies than to the events of my own time. In the time I am speaking of a comon misfortune befell the Peloponnesians, the Boiotians, the Phokians, the Euboians, the Lokrians, some of the cities on the Ionians Gulf, and finally the Macedonians.”

[Polyvius 38.8]

“And Macedonia, of course, is a part of Greece.”

(Strab. VII, Frg. 9 [Loeb, H.L. Jones])

“Belistiche, a woman from the coast of Macedonia, won with the pair of foals … at the hundred

and twenty-ninth Olympics.”

(Paus. Eleia VIII, 11 [Loeb])

“Your ancestors invaded Macedonia and the rest of Greece and did us great harm, though we had done

them no prior injury; …(and) I have been appointed leader of the Greeks …”

(Arr., Anab. Alex. II, 14, 4)

“Three brothers of the lineage of Temenos came as banished men from Argos to Illyria,

Gauanes and Aeropos and Perdiccas.”

(Herod. VIII, 137, 1 [Loeb])

“For in the days of king Deucalion it (i.e. a Makednian tribe) inhabited the land of Phthiotis, then in the time

of Dorus, son of Hellen, the country called Histiaean, under Ossa and Olympus; driven by the Cadmeians

from this Histiaean country it settled about Pindus in the parts called Macedonian; thence again it migrated

to Dryopia, and at last came from Dryopia into Peloponnesus, where it took the name of Dorian.”

(Herod. I, 56, 3 [Loeb, A.D. Godley])
Thessaloniki

Elefsína, Greece

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2012

Judged:

KARANofMACEDONIA wrote:
"...The Pelasgians that were called barbarians by the Hellens rere in fact ancent Macedonians, i.e. Slavs, out of which much later the Hellens acquired the language and the alphabet..."
M.Vaultier, Bulltetin des Sciences historique

And she conceived and bore to Zeus, who delights in the thunderbolt, two sons, Magnes and Macedon,

rejoicing in horses, who dwell round about Pieria and Olympus.”

(Hesiod, Catalogues of Women and Eoiae 3 [Loeb, H.G. Evelyn-White])

“And even to the present day the Thracians, Illyrians, and Epeirotes live on the flanks of the Greeks (though this was still more the case formerly than now); indeed most of the country that at the present time is indisputably Greece is held by the barbarians — Macedonia and certain parts of Thessaly by the Thracians, and the parts above Acarnania and Aetolia by the Thesproti, the Cassopaei, the Amphilochi, the Molossi, and the Athamanes — Epeirotic tribes.”

[Strabo, Geography,book 7,VII,1]

“The Acarnanians, and the Ætolians, like many other nations, are at present worn out, and exhausted by continual wars. The Ætolians however, in conjunction with the Acarnanians, during a long period withstood the Macedonians and the rest of Greeks “

(Strabo, Geography, Book 10, Chapter 2, 23)

Delcheff:” We are all Bulgars – We must work for Bulgaria “

GOCE DELCEV to Nikola Maleshevski „…Defections and split-ups should not scare you at all. It is regrettable, indeed, but what is to be done if WE ARE BULGARIANS and we all suffer from the same disease! If this desease were not inherent in our ancestors from whom we also inherited it, we would have never fallen under the ugly sceptre of the Turkish sultans…” letter from Goce Delchev (great hero and fighter for the freedom of Bulgarians in Macedonia)to Nikola Malashevski, Jan. 5 1899
middle man

Watsonia, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2012

Judged:

CANADEZOS wrote:
<quoted text>FIRST OF ALL SHAMELESS GYFTOVULGARE!THE FINANCIAL EURO CRISIS IN GREECE WHICH AFFECTS OTHER EURO COUNTRIES BESIDES GREECE==>>HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE HISTORICAL TRUTH OF THE ANCIENT MACEDONIA!!
**** ILLITERATE YUGOSLAVIAN LYING SLAVIC IMBECILE==>>THE MAJORITY OF BOTH MODERN&ANCIENT HISTORIANS!OVERWHELMINGLY SUPPORT&CONFIRM MACEDONIANS HELLENIC IDENTITY==>INCLUDING THOUS OF BOTH HISTORICAL&ARCHEOLOGICAL ARTIFACTS OF EVERY FORM !ALL IN THE GREEK LANGUAGE&ABSOLUTELY NOTHING IN YOUR SLAVOBULGARIAN SLAVIC CRAP!NOT EVEN ONE INSCRIPTION!
*** FEEL SORRY FOR YOURSELF SHAMELESS YUGOSLAVIAN IMBECILE==>>FOR POISONING THE MINDS OF YOUR CHILDREN WITH YUGOSLAVIAN COMMUNIST LIES!FABRICATIONS&PROPAGAN DA!
http://history-of-macedonia.com/history-of-ma...
*** IT'S ALL HERE YUGOSLAVIAN PROPAGANDIST IMBECILE!ALL YOU'VE GOT TO DO IS OPEN YOUR SLAVIC MONGOLOID SLANTED EYES!
http://www.mtholyoke.edu/~kolev20k/pics/Pictu...
I've never seen such Morons on any blog, mainly Greeks on this blog.

You seem to have all the proof of Macedonia being Greek, so why are we here on this Greek created blog asking if Macedonia is Hellenic.

Where's your proof that Macedonia was created by Tito, and why haven't i read about Tito creation a nation for propaganda, i have read that Tito was part of creation of Yugoslavia, and Tito giving a state to each culture for the people of the land, being a leader of Yugoslavia, he gave each culture human rights, he was a great leader and kept the Blakans from haveing more war after World war II.

Where is your proof of of the Great Slavic migration to the Balkans, i've even had few Greeks telling me that the Slav's invaded the Balkans and they killed Greeks and Macedonians and took over the land, and why haven't any of your Greek historians written anything about the great Slavic invastion. But i have read about the Slavic culture spreading from the Balkans all the way to Syberia where the slavic languge is spoken, both Althabet and Religion began in geograthical Macedonia for the Slav's.

And lets not even go back to Alexander the Great days, cos it's too far back in history and you Greeks seem to tell the story day by day of Alexanders life, it's like you guys were there and written the journal of Alexander glory, day by day.

Talking to brick wall is better that talking to a Greek, at least the brick wall don't respond, but the Greeks respond with so much Skata you need to keep wiping your face with a towel, cos of all the Skata the Greeks talk.
Thessaloniki

Elefsína, Greece

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2012

Judged:

KARANofMACEDONIA wrote:
<quoted text>
Former FYROM’s PM : Our people are the greatest forgerers of the Balkan History
Posted by D-Mak in FYROM news, FYROM Propaganda

ljubco georgievski ficha biografia Former FYROMs PM : Our people are the greatest forgerers of the Balkan History

Former FYROM’s PM and first leader of the governing party &#1042;&#1052;&#10 56;&#1054;-&#1044; &#1055;&#1052;&#10 53;&#1045;, Ljubco Georgievski, who has acquired the Bulgarian Citizenship, reveals many unknown aspects of FYROM’s recent history in his autobiography «&#1058;&#1086;&#1 072; &#1089;&#1091;&#10 84; &#1112;&#1072;&#10 89;»(That Me).

Including the fact that along with his Serbian counterpart, the unforgettable PM, Zoran Djidjic, he spoke about territory exchanges between FYROM, Albania and Kosovo, as the Serbian newspaper Vecernje Novosti write in her Online Edition.
The newspaper indicates that this is one of the most exclusive details which will be clarified in the soon to be published book.
While commenting the today’s political situation, Ljubco Georgievski – former PM of FYROM – reaches the conclusion that the Slavs of FYROM are “the greatest forgerers of the Balkan History” and will have “ cursed mothers’ milk , because they have been damned by St Clement and Naum“, as a publication in FYROM claims that uses as source the Serbian newspaper Vecernje Novosti.
Thessaloniki

Elefsína, Greece

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2012

Judged:

middle man wrote:
<quoted text>
Talking to brick wall is better that talking to a Greek, at least the brick wall don't respond, but the Greeks respond with so much Skata you need to keep wiping your face with a towel, cos of all the Skata the Greeks talk.
Former FYROM’s PM : Our people are the greatest forgerers of the Balkan History
Posted by D-Mak in FYROM news, FYROM Propaganda

ljubco georgievski ficha biografia Former FYROMs PM : Our people are the greatest forgerers of the Balkan History

Former FYROM’s PM and first leader of the governing party Ljubco Georgievski, who has acquired the Bulgarian Citizenship, reveals many unknown aspects of FYROM’s recent history in his autobiography.

Including the fact that along with his Serbian counterpart, the unforgettable PM, Zoran Djidjic, he spoke about territory exchanges between FYROM, Albania and Kosovo, as the Serbian newspaper Vecernje Novosti write in her Online Edition.
The newspaper indicates that this is one of the most exclusive details which will be clarified in the soon to be published book.
While commenting the today’s political situation, Ljubco Georgievski – former PM of FYROM – reaches the conclusion that the Slavs of FYROM are “the greatest forgerers of the Balkan History” and will have “ cursed mothers’ milk , because they have been damned by St Clement and Naum“, as a publication in FYROM claims that uses as source the Serbian newspaper Vecernje Novosti.

GOCE DELCEV to Nikola Maleshevski „…Defections and split-ups should not scare you at all. It is regrettable, indeed, but what is to be done if WE ARE BULGARIANS and we all suffer from the same disease! If this desease were not inherent in our ancestors from whom we also inherited it, we would have never fallen under the ugly sceptre of the Turkish sultans…” letter from Goce Delchev (great hero and fighter for the freedom of Bulgarians in Macedonia)to Nikola Malashevski, Jan. 5 1899

SORRY,YOU ARE BULGARIANS!!!!!!!!!!
MAKEDONES WERE HELLENES JUST LIKE US!!!!!!
SMART GREEKS

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2012

middle man wrote:
<quoted text>
I've never seen such Morons on any blog, mainly Greeks on this blog.
You seem to have all the proof of Macedonia being Greek, so why are we here on this Greek created blog asking if Macedonia is Hellenic.
Where's your proof that Macedonia was created by Tito, and why haven't i read about Tito creation a nation for propaganda, i have read that Tito was part of creation of Yugoslavia, and Tito giving a state to each culture for the people of the land, being a leader of Yugoslavia, he gave each culture human rights, he was a great leader and kept the Blakans from haveing more war after World war II.
Where is your proof of of the Great Slavic migration to the Balkans, i've even had few Greeks telling me that the Slav's invaded the Balkans and they killed Greeks and Macedonians and took over the land, and why haven't any of your Greek historians written anything about the great Slavic invastion. But i have read about the Slavic culture spreading from the Balkans all the way to Syberia where the slavic languge is spoken, both Althabet and Religion began in geograthical Macedonia for the Slav's.
And lets not even go back to Alexander the Great days, cos it's too far back in history and you Greeks seem to tell the story day by day of Alexanders life, it's like you guys were there and written the journal of Alexander glory, day by day.
Zdravo preatel.
I must agree the talk and spit shit and as you said its a constant battle wiping that shit from us called Greek.
Also I have in the past in many of my post given them the question on Slavic invasion of the Balkans if these events had happened then why they insist it happened but all they can give is 4th, 5th, 6th,7th century and even some of these dickhead Greeks take it further up to the 9th century AD.
Question for all these Greeks is just one, give the world please these exact times of events that happened in each of there periodic tables but specific times and dates inform the world of the Slavic invasions that cleaned and wiped out the so called Greek out of existance for the last 2000 years.
Would you agree with this that it's a good Jesture with some logical explanation and do you think that these Gypsie Greeks can answer it as well as they have with their proganda cause for their own existance being that they only have been around since 1829.
POZDRAV
Od AUSTRALIA
SLOBODA NA NAS i TE BIDI za vistinska MAKEDONIA
SMERT ZA SITE GERCI PRAVI DUPSI.
CANADEZOS

Scarborough, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2012

Judged:

SMART GREEKS wrote:
<quoted text>
Zdravo preatel.
I must agree the talk and spit shit and as you said its a constant battle wiping that shit from us called Greek.
Also I have in the past in many of my post given them the question on Slavic invasion of the Balkans if these events had happened then why they insist it happened but all they can give is 4th, 5th, 6th,7th century and even some of these dickhead Greeks take it further up to the 9th century AD.
Question for all these Greeks is just one, give the world please these exact times of events that happened in each of there periodic tables but specific times and dates inform the world of the Slavic invasions that cleaned and wiped out the so called Greek out of existance for the last 2000 years.
Would you agree with this that it's a good Jesture with some logical explanation and do you think that these Gypsie Greeks can answer it as well as they have with their proganda cause for their own existance being that they only have been around since 1829.
POZDRAV
Od AUSTRALIA
ILLITERATE LYING SLAVOPICHIKAS==>>IF THOSE SLAVIC INVASSIONS HAD TRULY OCCURED!THEN YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO PROVIDE NAMES OF LEADERS!NAMES OF IMPORTANT BATTLES!TOPONYMS WHERE THE BATTLES TOOK PLACE&A THOUS OTHER UNANSWERED QUESTIONS!OBVIOUSLY SLAVIC RIDICULE YOU CAN NOT PROVIDE A SINGLE FORM OF EVIDENCE TO SUPPORT YOUR YUGOCOMMIE LIES&PROPAGANDA!BECAUSE IT'S ALL FABRICATED TITOIST COMMUNIST LIES!
*** WHY IS IT THAT NON OF YOUR SLAVIC CRAP IS DOCUMENTED!AND NO WHERE TO BE FOUND!IN ANY LIBRARY IN THE WORLD!!

Since: Mar 09

Athens, Greece

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2012

Judged:

SMART GREEKS wrote:
<quoted text>
Zdravo preatel.
POZDRAV
Od AUSTRALIA
Hey, Australopithican MONKEYDONKEY!

You dickheads have about as much to do with Historic Hellenic Macedonia as do the Hottentots from darkest Africa - ZERO, ZILSCH, F*CK ALL!!!

Officially you are still and will remain “To Be Defined”

http://publications.europa.eu/code/en/en-5000...

Officially your identity is still and will remain "To be Decided"

http://publications.europa.eu/code/en/en-3701...

No name change?= NO EU and NATO!
No NATO and EU?= Break up of Fyrom!

You WILL CHANGE or MODIFY the name, just like YOU DID CHANGE the flag, Constitution and Bank notes.

THAT IS REALITY, all the garbage you seem to believe is DELUDED FANTASY!

As the saying goes, "He that laughs last, laughs loudest"!

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2012

Judged:

Morning everybody. Especially paides Ellhnon kai filoi Ellhnon :-)))))))
Elena

Athens, Greece

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2012

Judged:

At a meeting of the United Nations, the Greek spokesman said: "Before starting my speech, I want to say something about Alexander the Great. When tame Bucephalus ..... way back when and crossed the Axios river, watching the thought that water was a good opportunity to swim. So He took the clothes, touched the rock and entered the water.When he came out and wanted to dress, his clothes had vanished. I had stolen one of a Slav Macedonia ". Then got angry, the Macedonian representative of the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia and began shouting:" What are you talking about? The Slavs were not there then. "Then the Greek representative smiled and said:"Now that we have clarified, that were not there then I start my speech ...."!!!

Your own conclusions.....

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2012

Judged:

==========

15 Sep 2009

Fotis Kapetopoulos

"....To modern Greeks, Byron is almost a mythological figure. Modern Greeks being a messy Greco-Roman-Slavic-Turkic-Semi tic lot emerging from the Ottoman Empire who with the leadership of people like Byron declared themselves Greek. The forced westernization, process which began in Ottoman Greece between 1821 and 1921, was more about creating Greeks rather than liberating them."

==========

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2012

Judged:

==========

"Greece and the Balkans Identities, Perceptions and Cultural Encounters since the Enlightenment”

Dimitris Tziovas

Page 6:

“...It should be stressed, however, that the Greeks as an ethnic community during this period [1840's] included many Grecophone or Hellenized Vlachs, Serbs or Orthodox Albanians.”

==========

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2012

Judged:

==========

Modern Greece A Short History
C.M. Woodhouse

Page 163

"....It is a striking fact that the leading defenders of Greek liberty at this time were largely Non-Greek. Koundouriotis was decended from the Albanian invadors of Greece in the 14th century...One of the few leaders who maintained resistance far to the north of the Gulf of Corinth was the Souliote,Marko Botsaris,whos followers were largely Albanian"

==========

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2012

Judged:

==========

Collective Memory"
By Victor Roudometof

Page 155

".....Theodoros Pangalos (President of Greece in 1925) considered himself a friend of Albania, spoke Albanian, and was proud of his half-Albanian orgin"

==========

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2012

Judged:

==========

Professor T. J. Winnifrith
“The Vlachs: The History of a Balkan People”

Page 139:

“...One of Greece’s first and best Prime Ministers (1850) was John Kolettis, a Vlach who dressed like a Turk and had been court physician to Ali Pasha.”

==========

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2012

Judged:

==========

William ST. Clair
“That Greece Might Still Be Free”
Oxford University Press – 1972

Page 228:

“..The rich Hydriote ship-owner, Conduriottis, held the title of President of Greece (1823). He was an Albanian, unable to speak Greek."

==========

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2012

Judged:

==========

POLITICS IN MODERN GREECE
By Professor Keith R. Legg

Page 86:

LANGUAGE

"..At the time of independence, the range in local dialects was significant; substantial portions of the population spoke Albanian"

==========

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••