Thessaloníki, Greece

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2009

Judged:

We can easily say that Hellas has the 1/10 of the lands that used to have in ancient and byzantine times but although we have never asked of something more and we just want a peacefull life with all our neighbours.but as skopians behave like this we should take all our factories from them and stop giving them money so that they stop this provoke.MAKEDONIA-HELLAS
sotirios

Thessaloníki, Greece

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2009

Judged:

the land itself crying out the truth. the stones the trees, everything in or on it is crying out. THE LAND OF MACEDONIA WAS, IS, AND WILL BE HELLENI (&#951;&#960;&#949 ;&#953;&#961;&#974 ;&#964;&#951;&#962 ;)
KONSTANTINOS

Gent, Belgium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2009

Judged:

THE LAND OF MACEDONIA WAS, IS, AND WILL BE HELLENIC.
Dora

Greece

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2009

Judged:

Everyone who has even the slightest knowledge of Greek history knows that Macedonia was, is and always will be GREEK!!!!
Pelagonia is Hellenic

Greece

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2009

Judged:

Pelagonia is Greek.
Bugger off

Athens, Greece

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2009

Judged:

HELL-ASS and BUL-GUSS wrote:
Explain?
What is Hellenic?
What is GREEK?
Don't know?
Oh we know pretty well, and the rest of the world does also know (as it proved).
Now if you don't (wonder why?), just go to a museum or a library over there in Aus. You'll find plenty of indications, proofs and evidence.
No need for us to try and educate you, it is a time loss.
patroklos

Athens, Greece

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2009

Judged:

Hellenism did not exist until the 1800's
Hellenism is an ENEMY of Orthodoxy, Byzantines called this Hellenic idea the devil. The whole "Helenic identity" is based on a contradiction.
The word Hellene was not used for an ethnic group until the 1800's. There is no cultural or genealogical relationship between ancient and modern Greece. The language cannot be used as any sort of direct link for it was the language of the Orthodox church and it had the same influence as Latin, in case you didn't realize, the Irish aren’t Italian.
Greek-speaking clergy from the Orthodox church used the house of the lord to do their evil and cunningly tried to brainwash everybody to become "Greeks" and forget their own historical ancestry. Even before the creation of any Greek state, the Greek-speaking clergy monopolized education in the Christian segments of the Ottoman Empire. Even in 1810, there were only two elementary schools in the Pashalik of Belgrade (the core of future Serbia), and in both the language of instruction was Greek.
A popular song promoted by the Greek-speaking clergy in 1802 was the following, "Albanians, Wallachians, Bulgarians, speakers of other tongues, rejoice! And ready yourselves all to become Greeks. Abandoning your barbaric tongues, speech and customs, so that to your descendants they may appear as myths", first mentioned by Daniil Michaili Adami, 1802. Now you tell me, is it or is it not pathetic the length that the "Greeks" went to 200 years ago to have these results today, 70% of Australia's Greeks can speak another language at home, be it Macedonian, Turkish, Vlach or Albanian. I equate your "Greek" identity with my Australian one, nothing more, ethnically most of the country is diverse, yet you are all somehow still second cousins with Plato, funny that.
Proof of the fact that neither the Greeks nor the Greek language were dominant in Macedonia comes from your very own king George I, who in his correspondence with the Count Kalonky of the Hapsburgs, taken from the Austro-Hungarian files and cited by Hans Lother Steppan in his Macedonian Knot, stated that "there are not many Greeks living in Macedonia".
By Solder of Macedon
You are correct..
Greeks are confused about your own history because believe the “truth” of history and the “truth” of orthodoxy..
It’s crazy to invoke also these two situations
admiral

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2009

Judged:

I voted YES because i know my history.
Alexander the Great was Greek not Yugoslavian

Since: Jul 08

Kerkyra - Corfu Island

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2009

Judged:

<quoted text>
when you come on a forum you need to prove it, otherwise fcuk offfff
excuse me, have you realize that you put a GREEK EPIGRAPH in front of your parliament??????????

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

So? Are you try to be Greeks?

Btw, can u read the epigraph? i am here if you want my help mate ;)
Magos

Thessaloníki, Greece

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2009

Judged:

Paidia,

metaksu mas twra... Poios poustis den kserei oti i Makedonia einai elliniki reeee? Ola ginontai xarin sumferontos. Macedonia is Greek. TELOS.

“NICE BOYs DONT PLAY ROCK&ROLL”

Since: Oct 07

Peiting/Obb.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2009

Judged:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Vardarska

Skopje, Macedonia

Kerkyra - Corfu Island

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2009

Judged:

LouWeed wrote:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Vardarska
Skopje, Macedonia
“call these songs Bulgarian and not Slavic, because if someone today should ask the Macedonian Slav "what are you?" he would be immediately be told: "I am Bulgarian" and would call his language "Bulgarian".
*Stefan Verkovich, Bosnian folklorist, "Folk Songs of the Macedonian Bulgarian", Vol. 1

Moreover, the Foreign Minister of the FYROM, Slobodan Casule, in an interview to Utrinski Vesnik of Skopje on December 29, 2001, said that he mentioned to the Foreign Minister of Bulgaria, Solomon Pasi, that they “belong to the same Slav people.”

The political and military leaders of the Slavs of Macedonia at the turn of the century seem not to have heard Misirkov's call for a separate Macedonian national identity; they continued to identify themselves in a national sense as Bulgarians rather than Macedonians.
* Loring Danforth, "The Macedonian Conflict: Ethnic Nationalism in a Transnational World", Princeton Univ Press,(December 1995), p.64

We are not related to the northern Greeks who produced leaders like Philip and Alexander the Great. We are Slavs and our language is closely related to Bulgarian. There is some confusion about our identity.
*Gyordan Veselinov, Macedonia's Ambassador to Canada

24 February 1999: In an interview with the Ottawa Citizen, Gyordan Veselinov, FYROM’s Ambassador to Canada, admitted, "We are not related to the northern Greeks who produced leaders like Philip and Alexander the Great. We are a Slav people and our language is closely related to Bulgarian." He also commented "there is some confusion about the identity of the people of this country."

There is no doubt that they are southern Slavs; they have a language, or a group of varying dialects, that is grammatically akin to Bulgarian but phonetically in some respects akin to Serbian, and which has certain quite distinctive features of its own......In regard to their own national feelings, all that can safely be said is that during the last eighty years many more Slav Macedonians seem to have considered themselves Bulgarian, or closely linked to Bulgaria, than have considered themselves Serbian, or closely linked to Serbia (or Yugoslavia). Only the people of the Skopje region, in the north west, have ever shown much tendency to regard themselves as Serbs. The feeling of being Macedonians, and nothing but Macedonians, seems to be a sentiment of fairly recent growth, and even today is not very deep-rooted.
*Elisabeth Barker, "Macedonia, Its Place in Balkan Power Politics"

..and Uskub, the great majority of the population is Slavic,[...] the middle ages until 1913 called themselves and were called by their neighbors Bulgarians.
*George Hubbard Blakeslee, "The Journal of International Relations"

We are Bulgarians, more Bulgarians than the Bulgarians in Bulgaria themselves.
Krste Misirkov, "On Macedonian Matters", Macedonian Review Editions 1974,(Sofia 1903)

But even stranger is the name Macedonians, which was imposed on us only 10 to 15 years ago by outsiders, and not as something by our own intellectuals... Yet the people in Macedonia know nothing of that ancient name, reintroduced today with a cunning aim on the one hand and a stupid one on the other. They know the older word: "Bugari", although mispronounced: they have even adopted it as peculiarly theirs, inapplicable to other Bulgarians. You can find more about this in the introduction to the booklets I am sending you. They call their own Macedono-Bulgarian dialect the "Bugarski language", while the rest of the Bulgarian dialects they refer to as the "Shopski language".
*Kuzman Shapkarev, in a letter to Prof. Marin Drinov of May 25, 1888
THESSALONIKI

Thessaloníki, Greece

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2009

Judged:

ofcourse and we are greeks-hellenes our ancestors alexander the great (alexander the second -typical name ) and his faher (filipos ) write in a greek dialect believed in greek ancient gods (12 gods) macedonians participate in ancient olympics where only greek tribes have the permission to participate.in concern of the word hellenes and greek ,hellenes is the ancient name until the first roman years of occupation refered to our great ancestors the romans later gave the name grekoi (greeks) for the people living in the south region of the balkans note that in this era the slavs did not exist in balkania ,later for the byzantines the word hellenes ment the people who believed in the ancient 12-gods relegion and for that were not used because byzantine as an empire and state tried to bring christianity (orthodox) to the regions tha were occupied nevertheless only in the first years of his existance uses the latins as official languege later change into greeks ,our land the stones and the remnand of our glorious past say the truth and will naver be defeated from human stupidity
skopians in their effort to build history in order to maintain their fake state builded by western allies for only to destroy former yugoslavia want to be called macedonians ,well my fellow FRIENDS macedonian blood were spilled in our lands many many times in the past vollontearly
for the glory of our matherland greece we shall not spare it in the future. PEACE AND FRIENDSHIP TO ALL THE PEOPLE IN EARTH!!!
Jeb 2

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2009

Judged:

My vote was yes.
godPanas

Greece

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2009

Judged:

The Olympic Games accepted only athletes from the hellenic land, Hellas. Macedonians were participating in Olympic Games. Macedonia area is like we say Thebes area, Sparta area, Arcadia, Fthiotida area. DIfferent cities but all of them under Hellas.
For example, either you are from London or Manchester it is the same because both cities are english.
Every population with no significant proof of history would like to have history, and what history!!! The macedonian one! Why no one asks a part of the egyptian or roman history?? Pretty comfortable....

Kerkyra - Corfu Island

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2009

Judged:

Realizing they will never be a world power, the Greece have decided to settle for being a world nuisance
excuse me, have you realize that you put a GREEK EPIGRAPH in front of your parliament??????????

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

So? Are you try to be Greeks?

Btw, can u read the epigraph? i am here if you want my help mate ;)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••