Blackness in Lithuania

Posted in the Lithuania Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of588
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
keke

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Sep 9, 2006
 

Judged:

1

I'm a black South African Guy(20) in England and recently planing to visit Lithuania with my friend.

The thing is i'm not so sure since she told me that there are no black people she knows of and that some people have never seen a black person before.

My main concern is what would people think of me when they see me, or would there be any racist remarks, or treated differently in general...Could anyone please advise me on anything that i should worry about or keep in mind.
Hey

Anchorage, AK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Sep 11, 2006
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Lithuanian people are very friendly, I am sure they will like you. Don't worry. If they refer to you as "niger" don't take it as an insult. They use that term for a black person, it has no term as an insult. It just means a black person. I sure you will love the country. Good luck!
Saule

Bedford Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Sep 24, 2006
 

Judged:

2

there are some US blacks playing on Lithuanian basketball teams, in Kaunas for sure. Generally they mention that they are well received. No question you'll be a novelty for many, but I would not expect any antagonism, unless you run into a jerk, such as can crop up in any society.
Jolita

Soldotna, AK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Oct 19, 2006
 

Judged:

2

2

1

lithuaniansarenazis keke wrote:
yes. lithuaninans are friendly and open minded! so open-minded in fact, they named streets in their cities in honour of SS, and made monuments to nazi-officers! they are so friendly and open-minded, they loove Adolf Hitler more then their own president! the lithuanians, same as estonians, and some latvians, are nothing more then pathetic, fashist, nazi-loving, Russophobe, racist sons of bitches! they read Hitler's "mein compf" like their bible! my advice, stay out of pribaltica in general, lithuania in particular, othervice, if you do go there, you WILL get racist remarks, you WILL be stared at, you WILL, or MIGHT get attacked for not being white, well, that's the same in Russia now, but... whatever
Thats a bunch of bull!!! Sounds like you hate the country! People might stare at a black person not because of hatred but simply because they have never seen a black person before. The first time I saw a black person which was a couple years back, in Lithuania I thought it was kind of cool. Don't worry everything will be great, just some looser in Canada whoabously doesn't even live in Lithuania has nothing better to do than make up stupid stories. Have fun and let us know how it went!
Gytaz

Lithuania

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Oct 19, 2006
 

Judged:

1

lithuaniansarenazis keke wrote:
yes. lithuaninans are friendly and open minded! so open-minded in fact, they named streets in their cities in honour of SS, and made monuments to nazi-officers! they are so friendly and open-minded, they loove Adolf Hitler more then their own president! the lithuanians, same as estonians, and some latvians, are nothing more then pathetic, fashist, nazi-loving, Russophobe, racist sons of bitches! they read Hitler's "mein compf" like their bible! my advice, stay out of pribaltica in general, lithuania in particular, othervice, if you do go there, you WILL get racist remarks, you WILL be stared at, you WILL, or MIGHT get attacked for not being white, well, that's the same in Russia now, but... whatever
:D

That made me laugh.

Keke, don't worry. If someone will stare, it's not because they hate black people, it's because black people are very rarely seen in Lithuania. It's natural.
True

Vilnius, Lithuania

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Nov 1, 2006
 

Judged:

3

1

1

dont worry,we are friendly people,we all like basketabll, so that means black people :)
Girl

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Nov 18, 2006
 
You will love your trip!
Too Much Crap

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Nov 23, 2006
 

Judged:

7

6

5

They'll stop being friendly once black people immigrate in droves to Lithuania and start smooching off welfare.
What

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Nov 26, 2006
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Too Much Crap wrote:
They'll stop being friendly once black people immigrate in droves to Lithuania and start smooching off welfare.
Thats Carp... We don't even have welfare in Lithuania
ASesuAS

Lithuania

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Dec 4, 2006
 

Judged:

8

4

3

Believe me you will get racist remarks, no matter what these tree-hugging-p*ssies are saying.
Stay out!
kkkkk

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Feb 11, 2007
 

Judged:

6

4

2

hey man, why don you go to brazil, its a very hot country, with loads of hot p....ies there.
Darius

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Feb 22, 2007
 

Judged:

1

1

1

For the most part you will be fine as long as you stay in the touristy areas of Vilnius. I would avoid walking alone especially at night. It would be a really good idea to befriend some Lithuanians while your'e there to take you around and know what to be aware of. If you take the necessary steps you will have an amazing time.
Mil2liux

Klaipeda, Lithuania

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Feb 27, 2007
 

Judged:

2

1

HI!:) I am a lithuanian girl! ;) It is a small country but there are some sights to see that may be interesting!:) I think that you would have a nice time. it is really nice i think :) the people are friendly :)
Huckleberry

Lansing, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Mar 7, 2007
 

Judged:

7

3

3

Jolita wrote:
<quoted text> Thats a bunch of bull!!! Sounds like you hate the country! People might stare at a black person not because of hatred but simply because they have never seen a black person before. The first time I saw a black person which was a couple years back, in Lithuania I thought it was kind of cool. Don't worry everything will be great, just some looser in Canada whoabously doesn't even live in Lithuania has nothing better to do than make up stupid stories. Have fun and let us know how it went!
By the time I finished reading Jolita's comment I realised I was reading words coming from a whorish, babbling idiot; a moron; a scum bag; a low-life who festers in some garbage dump.
YpatingasisBurys

Oak Lawn, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Mar 7, 2007
 

Judged:

4

3

2

What business do you have in Lithuania?
Habesha Face

Newark, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Mar 8, 2007
 

Judged:

4

2

1

True wrote:
dont worry,we are friendly people,we all like basketabll, so that means black people :)
Well, some of us (Blacks) are'nt all blessed w/ the ability to "shoot hoops". But I get your point :-)

To the original poster, I think you will be fine. I read a few comments from an individual who was there in Feb 2006, he has this to say:

"Later on that evening my girl took me out clubbing and I was one of the most popular guys there.

Complete strangers wanted to buy me drinks. A good amount of girls there had their pictures taken with me.

The other thing that I noticed about Lithuania is that nearly EVERY girl there especially in the club looks either above average or pretty. There are absolutely NO ugly girls in Lithuania. My chick told me that the girls in her country take their looks very seriously.

A typical Lithuania girl would be approx over 5ft 8in tall and slim wearing dark blue tight jeans with small tight black leather jacket that stops above the waist + black leather boots. Their skin are usually tanned and their hair are dyed jet black, straight combed and cut to shoulder length.

In fact Eastern Europe have the prettiest White girls but Lithuania has the prettiest of them all.."

SSS

Since: Mar 07

Vilnius, Lithuania

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Mar 14, 2007
 

Judged:

6

5

4

To continue from 'What' said in Buffalo yes there isn't a welfare system in play here,and it may be the reason for the lack of Black faces. They treat their immigrants right here,detained until the authorities are confident this persons reasons for entry are legitimate. Nothing like Canada and the UK where its a free for all.
You better be careful coming around here mate! I moved here for a reason. "If your Black,go back"
hungarian

Vienna, Austria

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Mar 14, 2007
 

Judged:

1

1

1

I would like only say, that in Hungary 10 years ago, i also stare black people, because i have never see them before..... but i have found them nice and basically think that it is wonderfull how different people look like.
Just one more thing:
I have heard first time in Austria that i cannot say neger for black people, because it is bad for them. We used this word in Hungary without a bad taste.
I think there are everywhere people they donīt like others just for colour, religion, nationality. Donīt worry about it!

AH! one more thing:
I donīt think that lithuanian are naci-lovers just because they honour their ss-soldiers. They had much suffer under the Sovietunion!!!! Maybe they need more time to have an overview of their history. We all need time!

PEACE for All
book

Orangeville, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
Mar 16, 2007
 

Judged:

3

1

1

wow............i am a african canadian woman dating a lithuanian man ..........he thinks he is al sharpton, prince and denzel whoaaaaaaaaaaa
IronWolf

Oak Lawn, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25
Mar 16, 2007
 

Judged:

1

Just a few affects of opening up European borders.
The previously posted links were not an attempt to offend anyone, this is the sad reality of whats actually happening in Scandinavia, will the Baltics be next?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of588
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

9 Users are viewing the Lithuania Forum right now

Search the Lithuania Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Canadian Air Force fighter jets poised to launc... 4 hr Oliver Cromwell 4
International premium rate numbers 13 hr parascorp8 1
Lithuanian women with Africans (Apr '13) 20 hr Afroman 30
do not visit lithuania!!! (Mar '08) Thu lithuanian bustard 1,245
Lithuanian Jokes: An Italian and 2 Lithuanian A... (Nov '10) Thu Edita 3
How do I say "you are the most beautiful girl e... (Mar '08) Wed _cwenhild_ 48
offre de pret entre particulier en 72 heyres (Jul '13) Jul 6 Danielle Claudia 73
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••