Yes

No

Only after NATO ground forces are in country

Since: Aug 09

Saint Louis, MO

#2425 Mar 13, 2012
George wrote:
<quoted text>
The thing is, when you open your mouth and quote facts the BS comes forward and no beleives you on any of your statements.
Yeah. I know. I told you that the Muslims would win the war. I told you that this war is not over. We lost a skirmish in Libya. But the war continues and the Muslims will win it.

""US ambassador: Taliban could 'regenerate' if troops withdraw from Afghanistan now
FoxNews.com By Justin Fishel March 12, 2012
As shocking details continue to emerge from the shooting deaths in Afghanistan last weekend said to have been carried out by a rouge U.S. soldier, the top American diplomat in the region said he understands public fatigue with the war after more than a decade, but also stressed the need to stay the course.

""I understand that people are tired," U.S. Ambassador to Afghanistan Ryan Crocker told Fox News in an exclusive interview Monday.

""I'm tired too," he said. "I've been deployed to Afghanistan, Pakistan and Iraq going on seven years now since 9/11. So, believe me, I understand what feeling tired means."

"A new Washington Post/ABC poll shows 60 percent of Americans surveyed think the Afghan war is not worth it, while 54 percent want U.S. troops to come home.

"Speaking on Fox News Sunday, U.S. presidential hopeful Newt Gingrich was sympathetic to Americans with that view. "I think it's very likely that we have lost, tragically lost the lives and suffered injuries to a considerable number of young Americans on a mission that we're going to discover is not doable," Gingrich said.

"But Ambassador Crocker says leaving now would be disastrous.

""These are the stakes if we decide that we are tired of it, don't want to do it anymore," Crocker said. "Well, the Taliban isn't that tired and Al Qaeda, badly damaged, would be able to regenerate if the Taliban took the country over again."

"Crocker called that scenario another “pre-9/11 situation."" ( http://www.afghanistannewscenter.com/news/201... )

Since: Jul 11

Berlin, Germany

#2426 Mar 13, 2012
Abdurratln wrote:
<quoted text>
It was germanic barbarians who invaded the Roman Empire.
That's true. To be exact they were a ferocious Germanic tribe (most Germanic tribes were ferocious) called the Vandals who sacked and pillaged the city of Rome long after the Roman Empire had disintegrated into squabbling fiefdoms. Since then wanton damage to property is called vandalism. At the time Germans didn't build cars and motorways so they had more time on their hands to get up to mischievous.

You want to read the Astrix and Oblix comics. There about a Gallic tribe but the stories and characters give also a humorous picture of life in a typical Germanic tribe of the time. After many battles the Romans gave up trying to conquer the North of the Rhine, the homelands of the the Germanic tribes, and decided that they were invincible or at least not worth the trouble.

Saint Louis, MO

#2427 Mar 13, 2012
Ditto Dog wrote:
<quoted text>
That's true. To be exact they were a ferocious Germanic tribe (most Germanic tribes were ferocious) called the Vandals who sacked and pillaged the city of Rome long after the Roman Empire had disintegrated into squabbling fiefdoms. Since then wanton damage to property is called vandalism. At the time Germans didn't build cars and motorways so they had more time on their hands to get up to mischievous.
You want to read the Astrix and Oblix comics. There about a Gallic tribe but the stories and characters give also a humorous picture of life in a typical Germanic tribe of the time. After many battles the Romans gave up trying to conquer the North of the Rhine, the homelands of the the Germanic tribes, and decided that they were invincible or at least not worth the trouble.
It is refreshing to learn that you have a brain in your head afterall. Maybe we can hold some intelligent exchanges in the future.
Denis

Penza, Russia

#2428 Mar 14, 2012
Ditto Dog wrote:
<quoted text>
Why comics? There are "Notes on the Gallic War" by Gaius Julius Caesar. Some of the battle with the Gauls and Germans.

Berlin, Germany

#2429 Mar 14, 2012
Denis wrote:
<quoted text>
Why comics? There are "Notes on the Gallic War" by Gaius Julius Caesar. Some of the battle with the Gauls and Germans.
Woe down now, not so seriously. Sure you can read loads of academic books on the subject. I've read a few, quite interesting reading. But Astrix and Oblix is not meant for serious reading. The comics are just beautifully illustrated humorous stories about how a small fictitious Gallic village, surrounded by powerful roman encampments, always manages to fend off armies of Romans and avoid occupation. They can do this only because they have a secret elixir that gives them super human strength. But you can imaginatively transfer these stories easily to Germanic tribes who might not have had such an elixir but did have other qualities that were enough to fend of the Romans. You must have Astrix and Oblix comics in Russia. They are very popular here. I advise you to read them in the original French version if you know the language. Or in German, also very good. In English though they are not so good. The humor suffers a bit.
Triple C

Saint Louis, MO

#2430 May 21, 2012
I just came back here to look at all of Aby's and his delusional friends comments about how Gaddafi was going to defeat NATO and the Free Libyan Army... Classic LOL
George

Red Deer, Canada

#2431 May 22, 2012
I was wondering how this woke up again, lol

Berlin, Germany

#2432 May 25, 2012
Triple C wrote:
I just came back here to look at all of Aby's and his delusional friends comments about how Gaddafi was going to defeat NATO and the Free Libyan Army... Classic LOL
Aby was last seen (little fat black guy dressed in bed sheets) wandering the Libyan desert digging holes every few feet mumbling something about a certain Muammar.
Agrab, our mad Norwegian, was with him warding off anyone coming their way with a toy pistol occasionally shouting “BANG” at them followed by a “hi, hi, hi, hi”.

Two very sad cases.

Saint Louis, MO

#2435 Jan 4, 2013
Ditto Dog wrote:
<quoted text>
Aby was last seen (little fat black guy dressed in bed sheets) wandering the Libyan desert digging holes every few feet mumbling something about a certain Muammar.
Agrab, our mad Norwegian, was with him warding off anyone coming their way with a toy pistol occasionally shouting “BANG” at them followed by a “hi, hi, hi, hi”.
Two very sad cases.
We have been busy winning this stupid war. Obviously it is far from over. I told you idiots that it was a mistake to claim an easy victory.

Saint Louis, MO

#2436 Jan 4, 2013
Oh, by the way: I heard Hitlery KKKlinton was dying slowly and miserably. The problem with thsat rumor is she died about 20 years ago. What we see have seen recently is merely her zombie coming back to life only to die again.

Saint Louis, MO

#2437 Jan 4, 2013
Here is more bad news for you idiots:

Ensuring Libya’s Post-War Future

News that two of many militias in Libya have recently clashed, leaving a number of people dead, confirms the huge dangers that face the post-Qaddafi state. As I’ve repeatedly said before, our job is not done with the ouster of Qaddafi; it will be a hollow victory indeed if a durable, liberal democracy cannot be built in Libya–if, instead, Libya’s war were to devolve into civil war it would be nothing short of a tragedy. And a readily preventable tragedy at that.

Experience has shown that most post-conflict states (Bosnia, Kosovo, East Timor, Germany, Italy, South Korea, etc.) require a long-term international troop presence to ensure a peaceful resolution of recently unleashed enmities. Those states where the troop presence has been missing or inadequate (see e.g., Congo, as well as Iraq and Afghanistan) have paid a terrible price. Maybe Libya will be the exception to the rule; I hope so. But hope isn’t a policy.

Since NATO states seem to have ruled out sending peacekeepers, and Libya’s leaders haven’t asked for them, at the very least the U.S. and its allies need to do all they can to help stand up security forces reporting to the state that will be able to curb the dangerous power of the militias. NATO should send a substantial training mission to Libya ASAP to help fill a dangerous void. There is still a window of opportunity to ensure Libya’s post-war future, but if we wait too long, the situation could spin out of control.

http://www.commentarymagazine.com/2011/11/14/...

Berlin, Germany

#2438 Jan 16, 2013
Abdurratln wrote:
News that two of many militias in Libya have recently clashed, leaving a number of people dead, confirms the huge dangers that face the post-Qaddafi state. As I’ve repeatedly said before, our job is not done with the ouster of Qaddafi; it will be a hollow victory indeed if a durable, liberal democracy cannot be built in Libya–if, instead, Libya’s war were to devolve into civil war it would be nothing short of a tragedy. And a readily preventable tragedy at that.
Experience has shown that most post-conflict states (Bosnia, Kosovo, East Timor, Germany, Italy, South Korea, etc.) require a long-term international troop presence to ensure a peaceful resolution of recently unleashed enmities. Those states where the troop presence has been missing or inadequate (see e.g., Congo, as well as Iraq and Afghanistan) have paid a terrible price. Maybe Libya will be the exception to the rule; I hope so. But hope isn’t a policy.
Since NATO states seem to have ruled out sending peacekeepers, and Libya’s leaders haven’t asked for them, at the very least the U.S. and its allies need to do all they can to help stand up security forces reporting to the state that will be able to curb the dangerous power of the militias. NATO should send a substantial training mission to Libya ASAP to help fill a dangerous void. There is still a window of opportunity to ensure Libya’s post-war future, but if we wait too long, the situation could spin out of control.
Wow! Aby, you sure have changed your tune. I can even almost agree to most of that.
Triple C

Saint Louis, MO

#2439 Jan 16, 2013
Abdurratln wrote:
I guess Mugabe no longer has a use for Arab's since he isn't getting a yearly stipend from Gaddafi anymore. lol

If this is your hero you need help.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/...

http://www.newzimbabwe.com/pages/moel3.11611....

http://dailymaverick.co.za/article/2011-11-14...

Saint Louis, MO

#2440 Jan 17, 2013
Triple C wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess Mugabe no longer has a use for Arab's since he isn't getting a yearly stipend from Gaddafi anymore. lol
If this is your hero you need help.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/...
http://www.newzimbabwe.com/pages/moel3.11611....
http://dailymaverick.co.za/article/2011-11-14...
Zimbabwe Africa needs one president – Mugabe
2013-01-16 15:04

Cape Town – Zimbabwean President Robert Mugabe says the forthcoming African Union summit should discuss the appointment of a president of Africa to foster unity among Africans, a report said on Wednesday.

Addressing journalists after meeting with President Thomas Boni Yayi of Benin in Harare, Mugabe said such a move "would also ensure that member states adhere to the founding principles of the continental body", Newsday online reported.

"Yes, we need a president for Africa," Mugabe said. "That is what we are going to discuss at the AU summit. Africa is not a united continent. We are not at the stage our founding fathers wanted us to be when the organ was formed."

Mugabe said the AU had failed to integrate Africans, with some seen in the context of Anglophones and others Francophones.

The proposal to set up a United States of Africa was first made by the slain Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi in 1999 as a way of ending the continent's conflicts, but it failed to secure enough support from his African counterparts with some suspecting Gaddafi wanted to rule Africa.

Yayi who is the outgoing AU chairperson said he was in Zimbabwe to discuss the challenges Africa was facing as a continent and to get advice on ways to end conflict, in countries like the Democratic Republic of Congo, Mali and Central African Republic, among others.

- News24
http://www.news24.com/Africa/Zimbabwe/Africa-...
Triple C

Saint Louis, MO

#2441 Jan 17, 2013
Abdurratln wrote:
<quoted text>
Zimbabwe Africa needs one president – Mugabe
2013-01-16 15:04
Cape Town – Zimbabwean President Robert Mugabe says the forthcoming African Union summit should discuss the appointment of a president of Africa to foster unity among Africans, a report said on Wednesday.
Addressing journalists after meeting with President Thomas Boni Yayi of Benin in Harare, Mugabe said such a move "would also ensure that member states adhere to the founding principles of the continental body", Newsday online reported.
"Yes, we need a president for Africa," Mugabe said. "That is what we are going to discuss at the AU summit. Africa is not a united continent. We are not at the stage our founding fathers wanted us to be when the organ was formed."
Mugabe said the AU had failed to integrate Africans, with some seen in the context of Anglophones and others Francophones.
The proposal to set up a United States of Africa was first made by the slain Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi in 1999 as a way of ending the continent's conflicts, but it failed to secure enough support from his African counterparts with some suspecting Gaddafi wanted to rule Africa.
Yayi who is the outgoing AU chairperson said he was in Zimbabwe to discuss the challenges Africa was facing as a continent and to get advice on ways to end conflict, in countries like the Democratic Republic of Congo, Mali and Central African Republic, among others.
- News24
http://www.news24.com/Africa/Zimbabwe/Africa-...
Yep read that yesterday, so Mugabe wants to become the dictator of Africa not just Zimbabwe.

Saint Louis, MO

#2442 Jan 17, 2013
Triple C wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep read that yesterday, so Mugabe wants to become the dictator of Africa not just Zimbabwe.
As expected, you missed the whole point. The point is they lycnhed Qaddafi in a desparate attempt to kill Pan-Africanism and African Unity. They killed the man but could not kill the man's ideas. The man's ideas have simply passed on to new Leadership. Thus, your stupid racist white western notion of "decapitation" has failed you once again. And when Mugabe goes, there will certainly be someone to take his place between the African Revolution never started with one man anyhow. It is an idea that transcends every individua person.

They killed Qaddafi. So the fight went across the border into Mali. Now they have a war of their hands in Mali. But, they cannot win as I have always mantained. For one thing, they have been unable to win after 22 years in Somalia. It will take that long in Mali and they still will not win.

In the meantime, we continue to move closer and closer to African Unification. Thanks Comrade Bob.
Triple C

Saint Louis, MO

#2443 Jan 17, 2013
Abdurratln wrote:
<quoted text>
As expected, you missed the whole point. The point is they lycnhed Qaddafi in a desparate attempt to kill Pan-Africanism and African Unity. They killed the man but could not kill the man's ideas. The man's ideas have simply passed on to new Leadership. Thus, your stupid racist white western notion of "decapitation" has failed you once again. And when Mugabe goes, there will certainly be someone to take his place between the African Revolution never started with one man anyhow. It is an idea that transcends every individua person.
They killed Qaddafi. So the fight went across the border into Mali. Now they have a war of their hands in Mali. But, they cannot win as I have always mantained. For one thing, they have been unable to win after 22 years in Somalia. It will take that long in Mali and they still will not win.
In the meantime, we continue to move closer and closer to African Unification. Thanks Comrade Bob.
LOL The Africans rejected Qaddafi's plan way before fellow Africans killed him (1999 Qaddafi proposes plan, then twelve years pass and he gets killed by his own countrymen) even though Mugabe apparently now thinks Arab north Africans aren't real African's.

Next time you call someone racist look into a mirror so you can see what a racist really looks like and live by this saying, When you point your finger you got three more fingers pointing back at you!

Berlin, Germany

#2444 Jan 18, 2013
Abdurratln wrote:
<quoted text>
A united Africa is certainly a good idea and would definitely solve many of Africa's problems. But Gaddhafi was the wrong man to get this done and African leaders knew it. So they just played along with Gaddhafi, pretended to adore him and let themselves be invited to his fancy conventions and even declared him African King of Kings. Just so long as he kept paying the bills it was a great party.

But it always ended the moment they were supposed to give up power to Gaddhafi. They all knew that was a bad idea. African unity yes, but not with a mentally unstable tyrant ruling. In that way Black African leaders showed that they have common sense.

Why doesn't Nelson Mandela stand for African presidency?

Saint Louis, MO

#2445 Jan 18, 2013
Triple C wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL The Africans rejected Qaddafi's plan way before fellow Africans killed him (1999 Qaddafi proposes plan, then twelve years pass and he gets killed by his own countrymen) even though Mugabe apparently now thinks Arab north Africans aren't real African's.
Naw, idiot. That is not a "Qaddafi Plan". It is an African Plan that was advocated by Abd al-Nasir and Kwame Nkrumah and Sekou Toure before Qaddafi too it up. In fact Marcus Garvey and W.E. Dubois and many others through Afircan history, especially in the African Diaspora advocated and promoted African Unifcation. Now Mugabe has picked it up. What I am trying to dumb down low enough for even you to understand is the fact that when Mugabe goes, there will be someone else. This is the nature of the reality. African Unification is an aspiration of All Africans everywhere. Therefore, it cannot be "decapitated". And it does not matter if one leader thinks another is not African enough or whatever the eff you are trying to suggest. Comrade Bob Mugabe is not a racst like you sick dogs. And if he was, that did not prevent him from accepting Chinese assistance against the illegal economic blockade imposed by the west. Furthermore, it is a known fact thaat Comrade Bob Mugabe regularly takes his vactions in Singaqpre and Malyasia. You want us to believe that he has racist sentiments against his fellow Africans who slightly ligher complexions? I won't buy it.
Triple C wrote:
<quoted text>Next time you call someone racist look into a mirror so you can see what a racist really looks like and live by this saying, When you point your finger you got three more fingers pointing back at you!
Naw, fool. I am not a racist. I am a Pan-Africanist like Comrade Bob Mugabe. That means that the blacks and brown skin people in Africa will come together and unite against white western European racism. All of us are Africans. GOD Africa to us. Therefore, we Unite on the basis of our common interest in Africa. And racism has no place in our thought processes.

Saint Louis, MO

#2446 Jan 18, 2013
Ditto Dog wrote:
<quoted text>
A united Africa is certainly a good idea and would definitely solve many of Africa's problems. But Gaddhafi was the wrong man to get this done and African leaders knew it. So they just played along with Gaddhafi, pretended to adore him and let themselves be invited to his fancy conventions and even declared him African King of Kings. Just so long as he kept paying the bills it was a great party.
But it always ended the moment they were supposed to give up power to Gaddhafi. They all knew that was a bad idea. African unity yes, but not with a mentally unstable tyrant ruling. In that way Black African leaders showed that they have common sense.
Why doesn't Nelson Mandela stand for African presidency?
It is you who has a fascist dctator mentality. You think Pan-Africanism means some kind of tyranny. That is the only insanity I see around here.

What Qaddafi did was convene the Assembly of the Kings of Africa. Due to his own noble/royal lineage, he was made King of Kings for that reason. But that did not mean that he would be a dictator. The highest Authority was the Assembly. In other words, Qaddafi could do nothing that the Assemby did approve of. Africa taught democracy to even you white racist dogs. So, African culture is absolutely democratic until you dogs get in the mix. Therefore, whenever Africa is independent, meaning that white man has been kicked out, African create democratic institutions, not dictatorships and fascism such as we have always seen come out of Europe.

Mandela is retired.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Libya Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bush calls Moammar Gadhafi, voices satisfaction... (Nov '08) Jan 21 Swedenforever 22
House GOP pursues Benghazi 'stand down' probe (Mar '14) Jan 19 swedenforever 2
sex in libya.. from girl Jan 9 Online 5
Suspected Greek involvement in aftermath of Mor... Jan 4 Mkz6 4
Barack Obama Scandal: 8 Facts About Benghazi Co... Dec '14 cristalclear 1
Russia Joins Call For Gadhafi To Step Down (May '11) Dec '14 Swedenforever 43
black dollars,pounds,euro etc cleaner (Sep '11) Dec '14 Dr Abdullah Saleh 3
More from around the web