Liberia: Robert Sirleaf in FBI's Dragnet? - Probed for U.S.2.5 Billion Asset

Apr 6, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: AllAfrica.com

The US Federal Bureau of Investigation has commenced probe into an amazing US$2.5bln asset belonging to Robert Sirleaf a son of Liberian President Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, cogent sources have hinted African Standard.

Comments
1 - 20 of 28 Comments Last updated Thursday Jul 3
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Ken

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

Omg!!!!
amadou dukuly

Liberia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

oh,robert sirleaf and his mother ellen have proved john morlu right, eun, liberia, this country will continue to be in this sort of mess, shame on you ellen.
Its unfortunate that the most celebrated female president of africa will be reduced to this sort of rampant corruption.
Allah will punish you Ellen.
Amadou Dukuly
Ignatius Weah

Liberia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

When people were talking about this from the beginning of the 2011 general and presidential elections,some people also who were sentimental about Robert Sirleaf said that, he brought his money from abroad.Now the economic situation in the country is increasing on a daily basis. If we all were singing this song from the beginning, things wouldn't have gone this far. But one thing i am very sure about is that, God has a special place for everyone.
Matthew George USA

Warwick, RI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

What is shame!This dude should be prosecuted.
Mark manforsin pita

Liberia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

A platform of corruption had define itself right before our very eyes. This woman government had reach the zenith of hard form of corruption since the history of upr nation.

He that sow in corruption shall reap disgraceful death mark my word if this allegation is true you will suffer for it. Don't take for joke.
Andrew sorsor Jorgboyan

Liberia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

SHAME ON YOUR ( Ellen and Robert).
I stand to be corrected, the current budget of Liberia is not even one billion, is possible for Robert to have all dat? where ur carring the money?
Vincent

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

That's the problem with corruption in the country he's going to get a slap on the wrist that's all
George SK Geplay

Liberia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

USA and other donor country, your please come to our aid and make sure that our MONEY are safe and be use intended purpose.
gbargee charles

Boudry, Switzerland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

If he has the 2.5 billion asset in position, why should he still occupying important position within the government. At least such person should be in jail til he proofs not guilty. But not hanging around.
Joseph Dolo

Europe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2013

We Liberians are not surprise at this kind of leadership, for it is the same corruption that led to the death of our former presidents; and the current one is no exception!!!
James Griggs

Europe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

That's a shame on our president all the promises she may saying she'll make corruption her public enemy now is her son shame madam president you fail us we need a change of government thank you.
John Towehtoe

Europe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

If he have 2.5bn, then how much dose his mom have? Dont 4 get, he work at the will & pleasure of his mom.
jacson keven

Bangkok, Thailand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

liberian open your eyes how can a poor man or lady in power evey think? all what they thinks is to get rich.there are too many poor people in power so thing will always be wrong is a shame on oru president project can't end all u see this amoutn is missing where all those money goes in the so call gov big boss as the call them self.is mess in liberia.God help our people with the right leader that love the nation.
Sankolo Dolo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Nepotism is favoritism shown to relatives or close friends by those with power or influence in the political or business world. This is dangerous than HIV/AIDS because there is no antivirus intervention to this epidemic. Liberia is going through this; the Liberians are in for another economic and social war. Fathers only get job when they take down their pants for Robert Sirleaf. Help is needed here than ever before. I am just as disappointed as you are.
Daguwor K Dennis

Liberia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Robert and his mom are not the first. They will not be the last so let them live their lives. Mama Sirleaf Please continue your support to the University of Liberia so that we can learn and be like "Robert" to have 2.5 billions in our account.
Jacob n Boimah

Liberia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Liberia shall rise again no matter what and who does what. The fact is that Liberia belongs to every Liberia and each has the right to all God's given resources. Whoever misuse the confidence imposed in you by the people and think they are stupid will be judge by God. Only time is the difference....
LONDON LIBERIA

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2013

Isaiah 1:4
Ah sinful nation, a people laden with iniquity, a seed of evildoers, children that are corrupters: they have forsaken the Lord, they have provoked the Holy One of Israel unto anger, they are gone away backward.
Isaiah 1:3-5 (in Context) Isaiah 1 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations

EVERYBODY PRAY QUICK FOR THE PRESIDENT TO REPENT SHE'S BEING DECEIVED BY SATAN AND POWER PUTING HERSELF AND THE COUNTRY AND HER SONS AT RISK THIS IS THE WORKINGS OF THE DEVIL... LIBERIA FAST AND PRAY. FOR PEACE AND WISDOM

Proverbs 16:12
It is an abomination to kings to commit wickedness: for the throne is established by righteousness.

Proverbs 12:28
In the way of righteousness is life: and in the pathway thereof there is no death.

PRAY,PRAY PRAY THIS DEMON AWAY.
Sankolo Dolo

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2013

I am calling on world leaders to intervene into Liberia’s ongoing social and economic war. As a member of world citizenship and a peace loving nation, Liberians are in need of dignity and respect. Liberians have gone through terrible experience for the past two decades. Charles Taylor and his fighters misused Liberia with the support of others warlords including Ellen Johnson Sirleaf. Ellen Johnson Sirleaf is engage in the same act as Charles Taylor in a different approach but with the same result. I am calling on world leaders not to wait until another civil war start before they can address this ongoing issue. The corruption is rampant, most especially among Ellen Johnson Sirleaf’s family and associates. It is time for the United Nations and world leaders to intervene not until when the Liberian people cannot take it any longer. Ellen Johnson Sirleaf is not building Liberian’s institutions but destroying what they had. In addition, aids and funds that were donated to Liberia through Ellen Johnson Sirleaf as the result of the civil war for reconstruction had become her family’s personal wealth. After fifteen years of civil unrest Ellen Johnson Sirleaf’s family are taken advantage of the Liberian people and their wealth; we are talking about $8.5 billion plus us dollars. Don’t you have value for funds and aids that were donated to Liberia for development and reconstruction? Why are you not addressing these issues at this moment? Are you waiting for another civil war or are you not embarrass enough considering the profile of Ellen Johnson Sirleaf? As for me, I never want to hear nor see another Liberian civil war. Liberians are peace loving people and they deserve better. Liberia needs your support to avoid another civil unrest as a result of Ellen Johnson Selief’s nepotism and corruption. I thank you for your time and import on these issues because a Liberian problem share is a Liberian problem resolve.
Samuel attient

Europe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

How Robert sirleaf get that 2.5billion are really 1 to know after returing from america with nothing
Austin Molewoi

Europe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

where did Robert Sirleaf got that money(2.5 bln us) from?
I think he should be in jail while investigation is going on,because even the country does not have that amount of money.
The Sirleaf family is a shame and disgrace to this county.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••