lesotho?
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Tired

Maseru, Lesotho

#1 Jan 26, 2012
Why are we failing in every sphere of life here in Lesotho. Be it social, economic or political.

We are ranked No. 1 ka rape: http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cri_rap_per...

We are one of the four countries that have never qualified for Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON), four being Sychelles, Madagascar and Swaziland.

Our GDP is a mere 1% of South African's GDP.

According to United Nation's 2010 Human Development Report,we are ranked number 29 in list of the poorest coutries in the world.

What is it that we pride ourselves as Basotho? Basilini ea Lekhala kapa ea Kuena? Likerese? We import even the simple of the simplest box of matches. Chirst!!! What's wrong with this country! No for real, what's wrong with us, Lord have mercy.

“Lefatshe ke la JEHOVA....”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#2 Jan 26, 2012
Tired wrote:
Why are we failing in every sphere of life here in Lesotho. Be it social, economic or political.
We are one of the four countries that have never qualified for Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON), four being Sychelles, Madagascar and Swaziland.
According to United Nation's 2010 Human Development Report,we are ranked number 29 in list of the poorest coutries in the world.
What is it that we pride ourselves as Basotho? Basilini ea Lekhala kapa ea Kuena? Likerese? We import even the simple of the simplest box of matches. Chirst!!! What's wrong with this country! No for real, what's wrong with us, Lord have mercy.
I think you guys have poor leadership and your visionaries are just as poor.What I think should happen is that the educated of our country should brainstorm and come up with plans that will uplift the society at large.Problem ya darkie ke hore o batla ho ja ale mong.I mean there is just a vast amount of land available....ene ha ke shaba masimo a lona...ke a manyenyana nayana...or is it because you do not have a lot of fertile land...ok if that does not work...look at the resources tsa Lesotho...is it only diamond that you guys have...ha ho na hore le ka produsa mataere or something maan...I do believe that God gave you something in Lesotho maybe you guys are lookinbg at the wrong places and most probably are blind...beats me...ke rata Lesotho but it is always heart braking to see such abject poverty everywhere you go...ene Machaena a le hlalefestse...K e hore there is no creativity anywhere...le bolo ya bolo...khilik...!
Tired

Maseru, Lesotho

#3 Jan 26, 2012
Lebatama wrote:
<quoted text>I think you guys have poor leadership and your visionaries are just as poor.What I think should happen is that the educated of our country should brainstorm and come up with plans that will uplift the society at large.Problem ya darkie ke hore o batla ho ja ale mong.I mean there is just a vast amount of land available....ene ha ke shaba masimo a lona...ke a manyenyana nayana...or is it because you do not have a lot of fertile land...ok if that does not work...look at the resources tsa Lesotho...is it only diamond that you guys have...ha ho na hore le ka produsa mataere or something maan...I do believe that God gave you something in Lesotho maybe you guys are lookinbg at the wrong places and most probably are blind...beats me...ke rata Lesotho but it is always heart braking to see such abject poverty everywhere you go...ene Machaena a le hlalefestse...K e hore there is no creativity anywhere...le bolo ya bolo...khilik...!
Mfethu, I agree with you, our leaders in this country are selfish and I swear they are. Only enriching themselves and thier croonies. We do have several strengths so to speak. Water resources is among the chief natural resources, diamonds, as well as tourism, sand stone is in abandance. But it beats me why we can even export fresh water to countries like China, which is in dire situation because of lack of fresh water, and many other countries with the same promblem. All we have are politians who think about nothing but themselves. I'm not complaining, but I'm just shocked to the level of mediocrity in our country.
Ngoana-Matala

Pretoria, South Africa

#4 Jan 26, 2012
Uena Lebatama le Mokhathala, lekunutu/sephiri sa ho hlola mathata a khatelo-pelo ea bophelo ke sena:

"Live contextually and develop globally"

"Sebelisa boleng ba seo leng sona ho fihlela kholo e pharaletseng"

Mohlala o bobebe:
Ha o na le lejoe la lesehloa le lengata, bonts'a boqhetseke ba hao ts'ebelisong ea lesehloa e fetang ea batho ba le kopang ho uena. Sena se tla etsa hore ba u khalle le ho feta, ba lakatse ho fihlela boemo ba hao, ebe moo o nts'etsang pele kholo ea hao ka ho rekisa tsebo ea hao rafa, betla, le ho haha ka lesehloa.(Product, technique and expertise)

“Cogito ergo sum”

Since: Nov 10

Klerksdorp

#5 Jan 26, 2012
Brain drain!
Moikutloa pelo

Kimberley, South Africa

#6 Jan 26, 2012
Basotho we are all talk,we know exatly what has to happen to bring revolution in this country.But we are too ignorant about what happening in the country as if somebody from outside will feel pity and pave the way to brighter future for us. We have been talking about how selfish the people who rule this country are,but were are doing nothing to bring them down.I still think the day the youth and the people who love this country sit down and talk about where we want to see Lesotho in at least 10 years from now and put party politics differences aside, i think that would be the good starting point.At the moment i do not see any political party to lead this into greener pastures.

“Botle bo bokalo ba monna”

Since: Mar 10

Ha o cha o cheche

#7 Jan 26, 2012
Tired wrote:
There are 5 factors making your country what it is today!

ONE:
Leaders you choose and type of ideology used in your country!

“Lefatshe ke la JEHOVA....”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#8 Jan 26, 2012
Moikutloa pelo wrote:
Basotho we are all talk,we know exatly what has to happen to bring revolution in this country.But we are too ignorant about what happening in the country as if somebody from outside will feel pity and pave the way to brighter future for us. We have been talking about how selfish the people who rule this country are,but were are doing nothing to bring them down.I still think the day the youth and the people who love this country sit down and talk about where we want to see Lesotho in at least 10 years from now and put party politics differences aside, i think that would be the good starting point.At the moment i do not see any political party to lead this into greener pastures.
Yeah it is very painful that most of you guys work in foreign countries.I know of many of Basotho ba sebetsang Gauteng...le dimaeneng.To top it all off bana bana beso ba sotluwa in SA...that I know for a fact.Some ha ba na le di ID. and so can not even take their plight to the law enforcers.So what are you going to do Basotho,You guys know your problems better than anyone else and now you cant tell me that you guys are not informed anymore.Most of you are educated and most of you are working outside the country.I guess it is a dream ya Mosotho omong le omong hore ha a hola o tla tswa a ye SA/UK or some place outside of Lesotho.The worst part is that those who move out ha bakgutla, ba tla on holiday ba swenkela bana ba setseng..ka eng(ka koloi tse ngotwsweng 'GP'!...it is a shame that this continues.All of you who are educated and have gathered some knowledge of advancement,you must go home and make Basoho proud by ploughing back to the country and stop talking languages that you have acquired in foreign lands...Le modisa wa modisa,toro ya hae ke ho tla Gauteng a tlo shapa stene(maybe ya modisa is justified cause he is not educated).So guys please it is a shame...I mean look at the roads tsa Lesotho...only the main ones are viable...ka hare ho Maseru..Bo Motimposo..ditsela tse sharp ke the main ones...moo ho tsamayang ditourists.Ho tloha mono...ho a louwanwa ke jealous everywhere atjheeee...I am just voicing my observation cause ke rata Lesotho ene ke motho wa Gauteng
Ngoana-Matala

Pretoria, South Africa

#9 Jan 26, 2012
"...I am just voicing my observation cause ke rata Lesotho ene ke motho wa Gauteng"
This could bring a complete twist to all what you have said - careful!
However, Moikutloa pelo o sa li behile -'me ke lakatsa ho lumela hore eena ke Mosotho oa Lesotho, ea tsebang ntho eo a buang ka eona.
Tired

Maseru, Lesotho

#10 Jan 27, 2012
Moikutloa pelo wrote:
I totally agree with in this Moikutloa, we need totall revolution. But first, like Bob Marley once said, we have to emancipate ourselves from our mental slavery. The ruling elite does not force us to vote for them, the ruling elite was voted by us. But first of all we need to idtify at least a group of people that would haul this country of this economic,social and political system that we currently have. Our farming has deteriorated ever since we took power in the 60s and it has never been better.

Look into to the eyes of every Mosotho who cannot access the small pie that a few minority has. Look into the despair of the unemployed and yet highly qualified. Go and check with the Public Service and see how many have been on the waiting for the last 5year. Look into the eyes of the factory works on the pay day. Look into the eyes of the small business owners when they cannot access funding to grow and support thier bussinesses, look into the eyes of the shattered dreams of the young, the broken promises of the masses and you will see the Lesotho we are living in.
Tired

Maseru, Lesotho

#11 Jan 27, 2012
I wake up every morning to a beautiful country, a country which could be more but it is not. I often see and hear people talking about the beauty of this country but cannot see the breaking hearts of those who sweat for nothing in this country.

I see faces on the streets of broken dreams as they shuffle to and fro in the streets of Maseru,brown envelopes tugged tiredly in thier armpits.

Thousands more of people are worried about where thier next meal would come from. And yet we have people who have been ministers ever since God's dog was a puppy. Broken soul people led by heartless and God's forsaken politicians.

We are living in a country where people are robbed of thier dreams, where opportunities are strictly reserved for the lucky chosen few. Where talent does not qualify or mean anything. Where mediocrity is regarded as a quality. Lesotho, my Lesotho, is a country that promote corruption from the highest office to the man who will only sweep your streets if you pay a bribe.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#12 Jan 27, 2012
Tired wrote:
U tsoa kae re ee nnyeo?

Location hidden

#13 Jan 27, 2012
Tired wrote:
What have you ever done for yourself? I suggest the following for you:
- "Our GDP is a mere 1% of South African's GDP" - if you are going to make comparisons like this.......
- "four being Sychelles, Madagascar and Swaziland." - and statements like this......
- "What's wrong with this country! No for real, what's wrong with us, Lord have mercy." - Really.......

...Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eep!

Location hidden

#14 Jan 27, 2012
Tired wrote:
Thousands more of people are worried about where thier next meal would come from. And yet we have people who have been ministers ever since God's dog was a puppy.
I guess God's "dog" is still a puppy.....when did God first own a dog? Or rather let's do this, who is the longest serving minister in this Government ea Mosisili(u tlohelle Mahaltere - etlabe e le letona le 'musong o latelang, regardless of who wins the elections)?
Tired

Maseru, Lesotho

#15 Jan 27, 2012
Do we even have a motto in this country? What is it? Is it 'Lesotho, where mediocrity is built to last', or is it 'Maping a way for a lost and corrupt future?'. Seriously what do we stand for as a country, as a nation as a people of Lesotho. What do we aspire to? What is our driving force, if we even have one.

Hara mafat'se le letle ke lona. What are we doing about that. While some countries are heavily investing in thier national identiy and image; we are doing what? Nothing, nothing!

Our economy is a joke, our national team is a joke, our politics a bigger joke, as well as our politicians. We have leaders who cannot even debate our serious national issues except to swear at each other on national media. We are a joke, a stale joke that has ceased to amuse a long time a go. We cannot even engage with other countries in serious dialogues becuase we are unable to engage in anything other than...well nothing.
Tired

Maseru, Lesotho

#16 Jan 27, 2012
xerox wrote:
<quoted text>
What have you ever done for yourself? I suggest the following for you:
- "Our GDP is a mere 1% of South African's GDP" - if you are going to make comparisons like this.......
- "four being Sychelles, Madagascar and Swaziland." - and statements like this......
- "What's wrong with this country! No for real, what's wrong with us, Lord have mercy." - Really.......
...Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eep!
I was not expecting anything sound from you, like I said, it would not be a suprise that one day you will be elected in one of the highest seats in this country and what would we expect from you;
that's right Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeep!
Tired

Maseru, Lesotho

#17 Jan 27, 2012
xerox wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess God's "dog" is still a puppy.....when did God first own a dog? Or rather let's do this, who is the longest serving minister in this Government ea Mosisili(u tlohelle Mahaltere - etlabe e le letona le 'musong o latelang, regardless of who wins the elections)?
You are completely missing a point or not unless you are basking in the sun of stupidity. Dog's dog was a puppy is a metaphor. But let me not waste my time trying to argue with a balloon head.

Location hidden

#18 Jan 27, 2012
Tired wrote:
<quoted text>
You are completely missing a point or not unless you are basking in the sun of stupidity. Dog's dog was a puppy is a metaphor. But let me not waste my time trying to argue with a balloon head.
U ts'oeroe ke hlooho uena....your head really has popped!!!! Mosisilinyana eno ua hau is not holding you down, you clearly would not amount to much regardless of where you were born, even if you had all opportunities or you were Mosisili himself!!!! I was just trying to make you aware that you are just rambling incoherently....and it's not going to get you anywhere.
Tired

Maseru, Lesotho

#19 Jan 27, 2012
What lessons can we draw from other countries that have gone through similar situation, economic? Are we for starters even realise where we currently are? Some countries have graduate retainee centres where they try to tap the potential of thier human resources to avoid brain drain.What are we doing with our own human resource?

We continue to sponsor students to further thier studies but do we have what it takes to capacitate them the minute they complete thier studies or do we leave them to fend themselves out there in the jungle? South America, is very good at attracting idle but potential brain from all over the world. To some of these experts, leaving the country was never an option, money was never a dring force but idling and doing nothing was a motive behind thier move. Do we even recognise and reward our own experts? No! we rather ask a certain consultants from the outside of the country to do our job, because as you guessed it, we live in isolation. Every man for himself kind of mentality. We rather enrich foreigners than our own.

Location hidden

#20 Jan 27, 2012
Tired wrote:
<quoted text>
U lutse u ngannge marete, busy saying government, government!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lesotho Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
kuku ya ka e metsi (Feb '14) Sun Tiza 24
Ke robetse le Rangwane (Feb '13) Jul 3 Thapelo 31
ke nyokilwe ke ntate wa ka wa madi (Oct '13) Jul 3 Monoto 28
News Ernest Angley: The sad shadow of an old miracle... (Oct '08) Jul 1 cinnamon216 120
hot sex with a stranger (Jun '13) Jul 1 Mashobana 27
phula bobete Jun 30 Khang-kholo 7
ke batla mosadi a di curve a letheka le lesesan... Jun 30 masterD 2
More from around the web