Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#644 Jul 31, 2012
MCHACHO wrote:
haredi tloheleng di hole retla di bona mohla kutulo-dumela seo ose dumelang.
Ke dumellana le wena.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#645 Jul 31, 2012
MCHACHO wrote:
haredi tloheleng di hole retla di bona mohla kutulo-dumela seo ose dumelang.
Ja, o naleng litsebe o tla utloa.

“Sekotaki se hloahloa sa Maama”

Since: Sep 10

Ha ke le Qekise nna!

#646 Jul 31, 2012
Hlabelang ba fatse le tlohele ho re hloliha.

Le tseba pha-balimo?

Since: Dec 10

Europe

#647 Jul 31, 2012
Chitja wa Botha Bothe wrote:
<quoted text>
To put it "bluntly", satanic laws are any doctrines,theories, fallacies, ordinances, statutory enactments that goes against the will of GOD! GOD is 100% clear of what HE wants us to believe and what not to believe.
Because of our wishes we want to quench, which the real GOD cannot cater for, we create our own imaginary gods.
The more we talk, the less sense we make, so what good does it do to talk? Life is short and meaningless, it fades away like a shadow. Who knows what is best for us? Who knows what will happen after we are gone? Ecclesiastes 6:11-12

Location hidden

#648 Jul 31, 2012
Lenyooa wrote:
<quoted text>The more we talk, the less sense we make, so what good does it do to talk? Life is short and meaningless, it fades away like a shadow. Who knows what is best for us? Who knows what will happen after we are gone? Ecclesiastes 6:11-12
Mrena may you please elaborate on the verses and u re joetse hore Ecclesiastes kaofela e ngoetsoe ke mang le teng hobaneng?

Location hidden

#649 Jul 31, 2012
Monna Motho wrote:
Hlabelang ba fatse le tlohele ho re hloliha.Le tseba pha-balimo?
Hahahahaha, ja ha ba tsoele pele. Nna nka seke. 1 Kings 18:21.

“Cogito ergo sum”

Since: Nov 10

Klerksdorp

#650 Jul 31, 2012
Lenyooa wrote:
<quoted text>On your point 1. The topic, translated to English, clearly asks "do gods (balimo) exist...?"
On your point 2. Point taken.
On 1

. anĚcesĚtor Pronunciation ( n s s t r)
n.
1. A person from whom one is descended, especially if more
remote than a grandparent; a forebear.
2. A forerunner or predecessor.
idol [&#712;a&#618;d&#6 01;l]
n
1.(Christianity / Ecclesiastical Terms) a material object, esp a
carved image, that is worshipped as a god
2.(Christianity / Ecclesiastical Terms) Christianity Judaism any
being (other than the one God) to which divine honour is paid
3. a person who is revered, admired, or highly loved
[from Late Latin &#299;d&#333;lum, from Latin: image, from Greek eid&#333;lon,
from eidos shape, form]

Which of the above, Ancestors and Idols, do you think represents 'badimo' more appropriately?

“Cogito ergo sum”

Klerksdorp

#651 Jul 31, 2012
Sash_ wrote:
Balimo keng moleko ha e se melingoana? There is no way an evil person can go on and negotiate with God on your behalf.
See my response to Lenyooa below.

What do you base the conclusion that badimo are 'evil' on? Assuming they do exist of course.

“Cogito ergo sum”

Klerksdorp

#652 Jul 31, 2012
katelakapeleolekamorago wrote:
<quoted text>
Moleko, Dont try and drive the point home or argue for that matter.
Lol, thats practically impossible, I'm designed for such.
katelakapeleolekamorago wrote:
<quoted text>
There are people who knows one side of the story and believe they know it all. All we have to do is inform the misinformed about who Badimo are. And those that do not believe in them should be in a very dignified and civilised manner diagree, but should not curse, mock or even manipulate our religion. since that we wont tolerate. We will defend the worship of our uncestors with our lives as we have done before because we know better than them what we are accomplishing through them.
I still reiterate, My uncestors are not Demons. If they are Demons then all of us will end up dead and being demons. My uncestors are angels and do the duty that Angels do.
If you look closely katelakapeleolekamorago you'll find I'm on your side on this, I don't think people should label others' religions evil simply because they are opposed to them, if it is done it should be on merit.

Location hidden

#653 Jul 31, 2012
Moleko lets follow the topic. Ancestors are not literally idols but we make them by thinking that they contribute to our lives after they are dead hence I said they are the same. The topic asks if they have any part in our lives beyond dearth?Do they take any part according to you moleko?

“Cogito ergo sum”

Klerksdorp

#654 Jul 31, 2012
Motubatse wrote:
This one of the interesting topics ever I always log in and read people's comments and some very strong statements has been made.well nna moshana Mosia kere, and this is my personal opinion like it or don't like it it's okay. People are different and so is their cultures and believes and to be safe i think it's easier if everyone focus on what works for them and leave what doesn't work for them. I believe no one knows what's right or wrong i guess we shall find out ka judgement day (if there's such a day).
There's christians who believe in anscestors and there are those who don't as much as there's people who don't believe hore God exists. so i think people must just agree to disagree and say live your way I live my way and at the end everyone is happy. this is one topic taht i believe it will never end even our grand children could still come and comment on it after we long gone. Ke opinion ya Motubatse hee ena.... plz don't shoot.
Motubatse it's no use saying 'plz don't shoot', the truth you speak has gotten many killed. I agree people should believe whatever please them, but I also think all things should be duly questioned. People should believe because they do believe not because they are ignorant and haven't thought about what they believe in.

Location hidden

#655 Jul 31, 2012
Moleko-o-dieta wrote:
<quoted text> Lol, thats practically impossible, I'm designed for such.<quoted text> If you look closely katelakapeleolekamorago you'll find I'm on your side on this, I don't think people should label others' religions evil simply because they are opposed to them, if it is done it should be on merit.
Its your call to be on either's side but the truth will remain. In your case God is alive and you chose to be on the other side. In KT' s case, he already knows that God is a
http://owafe034.vodacommi.co.za/_access/formS...

“Cogito ergo sum”

Klerksdorp

#656 Jul 31, 2012
Sash_ wrote:
Moleko lets follow the topic. Ancestors are not literally idols but we make them by thinking that they contribute to our lives after they are dead hence I said they are the same. The topic asks if they have any part in our lives beyond dearth?Do they take any part according to you moleko?
I've already answered you on this, I don't think they exist and I don't think they have any influence on us other than their genes and the things they did whilst they were alive.

But thats not what you and I are discussing here, we're discussing the labelling of badimo as evil and/or as idols as you (and others) have said here. I want to establish whether that is justified or if its simply based on lack of tolerance and dislike for that which which one (one here is christians) doesn't associate with.

Location hidden

#657 Jul 31, 2012
In KT's case, he already knows that God lives and he worships Him.

Location hidden

#658 Jul 31, 2012
Moleko-o-dieta wrote:
<quoted text> Motubatse it's no use saying 'plz don't shoot', the truth you speak has gotten many killed. I agree people should believe whatever please them, but I also think all things should be duly questioned. People should believe because they do believe not because they are ignorant and haven't thought about what they believe in.
Na balimo ba nale seabo ho ba phelang moleko? Ke emetse karabo ea hau.

Location hidden

#659 Jul 31, 2012
Thanks moleko for saying they do not exist and you are no longer on anybody's side. I did not say ancestors are evil. I said we make them evil because we think they have a part in our lives. Please me he you have a challenge in following discussion.

Location hidden

#660 Jul 31, 2012
Please let me know if you have a challenge in following.

Europe

#661 Jul 31, 2012
Moleko-o-dieta wrote:
<quoted text> On 1
. anĚcesĚtor Pronunciation ( n s s t r)
n.
1. A person from whom one is descended, especially if more
remote than a grandparent; a forebear.
2. A forerunner or predecessor.
idol [&#712;a&#618;d&#6 01;l]
n
1.(Christianity / Ecclesiastical Terms) a material object, esp a
carved image, that is worshipped as a god
2.(Christianity / Ecclesiastical Terms) Christianity Judaism any
being (other than the one God) to which divine honour is paid
3. a person who is revered, admired, or highly loved
[from Late Latin &#299;d&#333;lum, from Latin: image, from Greek eid&#333;lon,
from eidos shape, form]
Which of the above, Ancestors and Idols, do you think represents 'badimo' more appropriately?
None.

Europe

#662 Jul 31, 2012
Sash_ wrote:
<quoted text>Mrena may you please elaborate on the verses and u re joetse hore Ecclesiastes kaofela e ngoetsoe ke mang le teng hobaneng?
1. I think the verses are so clear that there's no need for elaboration.

2. I don't know who wrote the book. Many bible scholars believe it was written by King Solomon.

3. Only the author and God can answer that one. Ufortunately both of them will not take part in this useless debate.

Europe

#663 Jul 31, 2012
@Sash
In post 629 Katela... asked you for an elaboration of Ecclesiastes 9:5.
In your answer in post 631 you did not answer all his questions. On your answer to his question 4, I think you just rushed to answer without carefully reading the verse. You did answer his question 5.

While you're thinking of an answer to question 5, consider the following verses:

So I told myself that God has set a time and a place for everything. He will judge everyone, both the wicked and the good. I know that God is testing us to show us that we are merely animals. Like animals we breath and die, and we are no better off than they are. It just doesn't make sense. All living creatures go to the same place. We are made from earth, and we return to the earth. Who really knows if our spirits go up and the spirits of animals go down into the earth? We were meant to enjoy our work, and that's the best thing we can do. We can never know the future. Ecclesiastes 3:17-22.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lesotho Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prince Harry To Leave Military, Further African... Mon peter 1
Ernest Angley: The sad shadow of an old miracle... (Oct '08) Mar 1 Angley tither 118
Libini le balatele ba seakhi ba hana ho aha kho... Feb 28 Tlou 117
Kopo ea sethunya Feb 27 Petsetse 1
Power sharing deal DC & ABC Feb 27 Petsetse 40
Lesotho 2015 Elections.... Feb 27 Petsetse 110
More Hectic in the forum Feb 26 BBT 14
More from around the web