Obama bows, the nation cringes

Nov 17, 2009 | Posted by: Hesed | Full story: washingtontimes.com

A little traveling, like a little learning, can be a dangerous thing. Barack Obama on the loose in a foreign land is enough to frighten protocol officers and embarrass the rest of us.

He went off to Asia to tell the Chinese a thing or two about world trade, to prepare the world for a treaty to make the sun change its spots, and of course to pay his respects to assorted heads of state, with particular attention to any royal head (perhaps even including Miss Universe) who crosses his path.

So far it's a memorable trip. He established a new precedent for how American presidents should pay obeisance to kings, emperors, monarchs, sovereigns and assorted other authentic man-made masters of the universe. He stopped just this side of the full grovel to the emperor of Japan, risking a painful genuflection if his forehead had hit the floor with a nasty bump, which it almost did. No president before him so abused custom, traditions, protocol (and the country he represents). Several Internet sites published a rogue's gallery showing how other national leaders - the prime ministers of Israel, India, Slovenia, South Korea, Russia and Dick Cheney among them - have greeted Emperor Akihito with a friendly handshake and an ever-so-slight but respectful nod (and sometimes not even that).

Comments
2,001 - 2,013 of 2,013 Comments Last updated Mar 20, 2013
First Prev
of 101
Next Last
patriot

Mount Juliet, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2009

What wrote:
<quoted text>
Just google "interpol" and "obama" and you can read all about it. Then, using your brain, you draw a few conclusions. No conspiracy about it. Ask yourself "why would Obama allow complete immunity to interpol on U.S. soil?" Not hard to extrapolate what the answer would be.
Just like this:
Why would pres. sign an amendment?
Because he feels a need for certain action.
What action would that be?
Whatever the amendment allows.
Is it likely that said certain action will take place?
Why else would pres sign the amendment???
DUH.
"WHAT" you need to give up too, one cannot reason with these kids that think they know it all, when reality happens they wonder "how did that happen". like you I choose not to be an ostrich with my head buried in the sand hoping that by thinking happy thoughts all bad things will go away. Just let them be. That is what I am going to do.

“What does your soul look like?”

Since: Apr 08

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2010

Saul Alinsky wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, I never claimed to represent anybody, now did I Marv?
I just love you "turn the other cheek" people. Well go ahead and turn the other cheek, Marv. While you're at it maybe you should abstain from criticizing me since you are "taking the higher road"? What do you think?
Me, I'll fight fire with fire. And Pierre has worn out his welcome with his constant stream of Marxist/revisionist bullshit.
So, should Pierre like to have a civilized conversation, that would be just fine. But I'll not sit here "turning the other cheek" while he spouts all manner of vile crap that's straight out of the communist manifesto, with his only sources the far-left insane brigade.
You have the dumbest posts I've ever read. Thank Christ you're NOT representing anyone but yourself. You sound like a 10 year old. I've been following you and Pierre's, uhhh, disagreement. Too bad it had to be against you. Thanks for making us look like a bunch of ignorant assholes. Or what I call 'Bush/Cheney-Fever'. You couldn't debunk anything he said. While we take the high road, you go ahead and fight fire with fire. Hopefully the burn marks won't be too bad. You've already got some nice Topix scars on you now from the Frenchman. That's gotta be REAL embarrassing for you.

What would Darth Cheney think of that?

“Looking at the Space between”

Since: Apr 09

Brooklyn, New York

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2010

You and Wendy thayer , must either be the same person or lovers. Look Interpol was not Given immmunity, No president can give that no congress , no senate. They were extended the same law enforcement status the FBI / CIA / NSA employ in France , England and the majority of Europe. It means they are free to pursue criminals and make arrests of fugitives from thier Justice, it does not mean they can just arrest U.S. Citizens. I think you read too much into it, as usual.
What wrote:
<quoted text>
Just google "interpol" and "obama" and you can read all about it. Then, using your brain, you draw a few conclusions. No conspiracy about it. Ask yourself "why would Obama allow complete immunity to interpol on U.S. soil?" Not hard to extrapolate what the answer would be.
Just like this:
Why would pres. sign an amendment?
Because he feels a need for certain action.
What action would that be?
Whatever the amendment allows.
Is it likely that said certain action will take place?
Why else would pres sign the amendment???
DUH.
What

Mount Juliet, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2010

MarvO Da Mighty wrote:
You and Wendy thayer , must either be the same person or lovers. Look Interpol was not Given immmunity, No president can give that no congress , no senate....
<quoted text>
The concept of granting immunity to foreign nationals in our country goes back at least as early as 1790 when we passed "An Act for the Punishment of Certain Crimes against the United States," wherein immunity was granted to foreign diplomats.(This Act was revised in 1798 by the (in)famous "Sedition Act.")
In 1983, Interpol was put on the list of Public International Organizations Entitled to Enjoy Certain Privileges, Exemptions, and Immunities, along with dozens of other organizations conferred by the International Organizations Immunities Act (1945). At that time their privileges were limited. And they were the only law enforcing organization on the list.
http://assembler.law.cornell.edu/uscode/searc...
In 1983, President Reagan signed Executive Order 12425:
By virtue of the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and statutes of the United States, including Section 1 of the International Organizations Immunities Act (59 Stat. 669, 22 U.S.C. 288), it is hereby ordered that the International Criminal Police Organization (INTERPOL), in which the United States participates pursuant to 22 U.S.C. 263a, is hereby designated as a public international organization entitled to enjoy the privileges, exemptions and immunities conferred by the International Organizations Immunities Act; except those provided by Section 2(c), the portions of Section 2(d) and Section 3 relating to customs duties and federal internal-revenue importation taxes, Section 4, Section 5, and Section 6 of that Act. This designation is not intended to abridge in any respect the privileges, exemptions or immunities which such organization may have acquired or may acquire by international agreement or by Congressional action.
Through EO 12425, President Reagan extended to INTERPOL recognition as an "International Organization." In short, the privileges and immunities afforded foreign diplomats was extended to INTERPOL. Two sets of important privileges and immunities were withheld: Section 2(c)(presented in full text above), and the remaining sections cited (all of which deal with differing taxes).
And then comes December 17, 2009, and President Obama. The exemptions in EO 12425 were removed:
By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, including section 1 of the International Organizations Immunities Act (22 U.S.C. 288), and in order to extend the appropriate privileges, exemptions, and immunities to the International Criminal Police Organization (INTERPOL), it is hereby ordered that Executive Order 12425 of June 16, 1983, as amended, is further amended by deleting from the first sentence the words "except those provided by Section 2(c), Section 3, Section 4, Section 5, and Section 6 of that Act" and the semicolon that immediately precedes them.
What does this mean? It means that we have an international police force authorized to act within the United States that is no longer subject to 4th Amendment Search and Seizure. The "property and assets of [INTERPOL], wherever located and by whomsoever held, shall be immune from search, unless such immunity be expressly waived, and from confiscation."

Brooklyn, New York

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2010

So what are you complaining About , You said Interpol was given those immunities in the past. Why are you complaining about What Obama Did. The order says NOTHING about them OPERATING with impunity, It simply states that they are given the same allowances that Diplomats are Given when it comes to Income, Staff ,and Property. IT does not given them Police powers with immunity with in the Borders.

Do you people every get tired of not finding out the whole truth , just want to run around saying Obama gave a police agency Immunity, but assuming it means something else it is not.

Public Law 79-291
http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/International_O... .

Reagan Amends Executive Order 12425
http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Executive_Order...

Clinton Amends Executive Order 12425
http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-bin/getdo...
What wrote:
<quoted text>
The concept of granting immunity to foreign nationals in our country goes back at least as early as 1790 when we passed "An Act for the Punishment of Certain Crimes against the United States," wherein immunity was granted to foreign diplomats.(This Act was revised in 1798 by the (in)famous "Sedition Act.")
In 1983, Interpol was put on the list of Public International Organizations Entitled to Enjoy Certain Privileges, Exemptions, and Immunities, along with dozens of other organizations conferred by the International Organizations Immunities Act (1945). At that time their privileges were limited. And they were the only law enforcing organization on the list.
Globaloney

Mount Juliet, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2010

MarvO Da Mighty wrote:
So what are you complaining About , You said Interpol was given those immunities in the past. Why are you complaining about What Obama Did. The order says NOTHING about them OPERATING with impunity, It simply states that they are given the same allowances that Diplomats are Given when it comes to Income, Staff ,and Property. IT does not given them Police powers with immunity with in the Borders.
Do you people every get tired of not finding out the whole truth , just want to run around saying Obama gave a police agency Immunity, but assuming it means something else it is not.
Public Law 79-291
http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/International_O... .
Reagan Amends Executive Order 12425
http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Executive_Order...
Clinton Amends Executive Order 12425
http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-bin/getdo...
<quoted text>
Just how thick IS your skull???? Forget it, talking to you is like talking to a moron.

Brooklyn, New York

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2010

Actually, the fact that 1. You and I never conversed and 2. I actually Read all the Versions of the inital Act From 1947 , the Amendment in 1983 and the two subquent amendments by Clinto and Obama.

It's not thick headed to READ something to verify or Disprove , it is the exact opposite if anything. The executive order Signed by Obama Simply Reverses the Reagan Amendment in 1983, and Returns the Act to it's orginal form , as it was created in 1947 following WWII and Allowing Interpol certain Immunities to Taxation (except for American Employees) for Staff, Directors , Agents who purchase Goods or services as representatives of the Agency in question (INTERPOL) IT DOES NOT make that allowance for Privately owned and Purchased Vehicles, Homes, Living accessories and Sundries.

What I DO have an Issue with is the Not Being forced to CHeck in with Customs, but from what I have been told it seems that that particular "perk" is hardly used and the searches by customs agents still go on unless something particularly sensitive is being brought in. And usually the STATE DEPARTMENT already knows about it (or has an idea)

But of course its easier to Call names, and act like Stupid Children then do any Real work. Talking to you is like talking to a person unable to offer any real counterpoint, and simply runs into a room takes a Bowel movement , then Loudly Exclaims it as relevant and runs out.
Globaloney wrote:
<quoted text>
Just how thick IS your skull???? Forget it, talking to you is like talking to a moron.
What

Mount Juliet, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2010

MarvO Da Mighty wrote:
Actually, the fact that 1. You and I never conversed and 2. I actually Read all the Versions of the inital Act From 1947 , the Amendment in 1983 and the two subquent amendments by Clinto and Obama.
It's not thick headed to READ something to verify or Disprove , it is the exact opposite if anything. The executive order Signed by Obama Simply Reverses the Reagan Amendment in 1983, and Returns the Act to it's orginal form , as it was created in 1947 following WWII and Allowing Interpol certain Immunities to Taxation (except for American Employees) for Staff, Directors , Agents who purchase Goods or services as representatives of the Agency in question (INTERPOL) IT DOES NOT make that allowance for Privately owned and Purchased Vehicles, Homes, Living accessories and Sundries.
What I DO have an Issue with is the Not Being forced to CHeck in with Customs, but from what I have been told it seems that that particular "perk" is hardly used and the searches by customs agents still go on unless something particularly sensitive is being brought in. And usually the STATE DEPARTMENT already knows about it (or has an idea)
But of course its easier to Call names, and act like Stupid Children then do any Real work. Talking to you is like talking to a person unable to offer any real counterpoint, and simply runs into a room takes a Bowel movement , then Loudly Exclaims it as relevant and runs out.
<quoted text>
Whatever. Find out the hard way.
patriot

Mount Juliet, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2010

What wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever. Find out the hard way.
Interpol..the perfect trojan horse for abuse of power....catch my drift..
Globaloney

Mount Juliet, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2010

patriot wrote:
<quoted text>Interpol..the perfect trojan horse for abuse of power....catch my drift..
Yup. Then we'll see whose running around sh!tting his pants and hollering.
patriot

Mount Juliet, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2010

Globaloney wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup. Then we'll see whose running around sh!tting his pants and hollering.
We may want to go ahead and buy stock in Charmin TP.
firmus

Middle River, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2010

Judged:

deebo wrote:
<quoted text>
You have the dumbest posts I've ever read. Thank Christ you're NOT representing anyone but yourself. You sound like a 10 year old. I've been following you and Pierre's, uhhh, disagreement. Too bad it had to be against you. Thanks for making us look like a bunch of ignorant assholes. Or what I call 'Bush/Cheney-Fever'. You couldn't debunk anything he said. While we take the high road, you go ahead and fight fire with fire. Hopefully the burn marks won't be too bad. You've already got some nice Topix scars on you now from the Frenchman. That's gotta be REAL embarrassing for you.
What would Darth Cheney think of that?
from your post its apparent to all of us here that you haven't been exposed to pierre. his constant cacophony of "facts" are easily discounted when you take the time to research them. although frenchie can be quite eloquent......his banter is filled with early leftist propaganda demonizing bush and his administrations decision to go to war against iraq. whether you agree with america going to war against iraq......it is done. saddam has been hung and iraq is working to be a part of the world community once again. hopefully now, without being a noose around its neighbor's necks.
OBAMA sux JDL 5 Column

Sarasota, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Slammer wrote:
What ? on his knees next ! He could have just picked the little commie up and put him on his shoulder, Obama and his pet Monkey, ah so cute.
..........The Homeland Security budget is broken by parasites with surveilance no bid contracts.........Mascari see , Mascari do.......... AIPAC gets 84 year old ALVIN JUPITER to burp its Meindl chimps and JDL Wolfpacks.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 101
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

11 Users are viewing the Japan Forum right now

Search the Japan Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
China criticises Japan's move to expand... 1 hr Andrez Lopez 96
Dating Japanese Women (Feb '13) 1 hr Ainu 132
Should the Japs be given the ultimatum: QUIT WH... 2 hr Ainu 18
Gaijin Mystery 2 hr Ainu 16
Non-Asian looking pure blooded Japanese 2 hr Ainu 26
Japanese PM opens LatAm tour with Mexico energy... 2 hr Ainu 16
Japanese Playgirls, WATCH OUT! (Mar '09) 2 hr Ainu 508
•••
•••