Japan's earthquake: Will Whales Get Some Respite ?

Posted in the Japan Forum

Comments
1 - 9 of 9 Comments Last updated Mar 17, 2011

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2011

The good side is ... for the time being they have other things on their mind then hunting whales.
On this count they really are scum.
Sheet man ... if it moves they'll eat it!

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2011

Judged:

Whales get a break after all.
OOoooui

Lewis Center, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2011

Judged:

I'm noticing that a lot of the whale-lovers are mean, nasty and downright evil, rejoicing in this devastating tragedy.

The western world has found a very convenient "villain" so they can be the righteous heroes... the Japanese people look, sound, and eat differently from us (a lot of sea food,) so it's easier to regard them as lesser beings in their eyes. I'm starting to believe that a lot of them don't even regard them as human beings.

Never mind the fact that we slaughter pigs, chickens and cows in enormous quantity every day in factories. The Japanese "rape the seas." Demanding Japan to abandon how they traditionally eat and to import the western meats is sickening, selfish and hypocritical.
Lisa

East Orange, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2011

Judged:

Whaling should not be legal, Japan is set on a very dangerous earthquake prone zone, so this was bound to happen.
But I also believe in Karma, and Japan not only slaughters whales, dolphins, sharks, but brought every marine mammal in that area of the world to near extiction levels including rare turtles and blue fin tuna.
Scott

Panama City, Panama

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2011

Karma indeed. The patron saint of the whales has spoken loud and clear.

As far as I'm concerned, it can speak again until the danger of extinction of the Japanese is as real as that of the whales.
Noah

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2011

Judged:

Karma? Even if you believe in something that ridiculous, do you think Karma would work in such a sloppy way as to kill thousands of people unrelated to <insert your overzealous griping cause>? I know an American whose home was destroyed in the tsunami; I'm sure he had something to do with whaling too...

You're lumping the entire Japanese population (120million people) into your one-sided idiotic view.

The Japanese fishing industry has over-fished several species, no argument. But that's no reason to condemn an entire country.

Sounds like you think it's okay to indiscriminately kill thousands of people for the sake of whales. That's some moral high-road you're taking...
ljb

Daytona Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2011

Judged:

agreed some type of weird karma for the japanese taking too much from the ocean.. io mean that whirlpool with the spinning ship was just very spooky for me to watch.....someone or some god is pissed.
Great

Cypress, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2011

Judged:

Whales can be helpful in towing the ships loaded with soy sauce to be used to cool the reactors.
Dolphin

Nomi, Japan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2011

Judged:

350,000 whales and dolphins are killed every year in nets through drowning in traditional fishing methods (Source: WWF). In other words, unless you are a vegetarian you are part of system that kills more whales every day than Japan does in a year. People talk about karma but you're just ignorant hypocrites.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

13 Users are viewing the Japan Forum right now

Search the Japan Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Japanese photographer captures Vietnam's mood a... 27 min concern 13
China criticises Japan's move to expand... 28 min caonimagebi 114
I'm VIKRAM VINOD from INDIA I want to marry JAP... 59 min Vikram Vinod 6
FREEDOM HAPPINESS INDEPENDENT VIET. NAM, GET OU... 1 hr SHlTWORMKOREAHDICAPNGUVAN 23
ROBBERY BLUE DlAMOND ARAB SAUDI, JAPAN A SSHOLE... 1 hr SHlTWORMKOREAHDICAPNGUVAN 71
NG U CHlNES VC NGUYEN^? TAN^' THU' MINH ( 1949,... 1 hr SHlTWORMKOREAHDICAPNGUVAN 168
...BALANCED...Gardens.... 1 hr SHlTWORMKOREAHDICAPNGUVAN 2
•••
•••