Comments
81 - 100 of 113 Comments Last updated Sep 2, 2013
The Reporter

Nihon'odori, Japan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#84
Jan 9, 2011
 
holmes wrote:
Correction to above; more and more in Japan they try to TREAT foreigners the SAME as Japanese but only when it suits them.
This means
1. low pay (like a Japanese)
2. no free apartment
3. you must speak Japanese
4. Taxed same
but
1. No bonus (unlike Japanese)
2. No local vote or rights
3. chased after to join pointless pension system, tax, insurance etc
In Japan, gaijin are now seen more as a powerless cash cow and second class citizen-but without citizenship.
So in these respects I still say China and Korea offer more, despite their other social ills.
4. You forget to add that the Japanese insanely blame the 5% of the foreign or foreign ancestry population for most of their problems.

97% plus of crime is done by native blood Japanese, but they will point the figure or be paranoid of any foreign face they see.

Many Japanese are of the mind that if there is a problem, its caused by foreigners and the solution is more inbreeding, xenophobia or racism, more immigration restrictions, and more looking inward. Minus the copying and cheating out of money of the same such foreigners they "despise".

holmes

Tokyo, Japan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#85
Jan 10, 2011
 
The Reporter wrote:
@Holmes
Japan's present military ranks among the TOP 10 in the WORLD.
Japan has a very LARGE military.
The Americans are just keeping xenophobic crazies in check that will get aggressive with their neighbors and set off another war if given half a chance.
As far as cosmetic surgery is concerned, South Korea and Thailand has better quality for a lower price.
Japan has some advantages in technology, but often that is directly related to the government support it was given in that area and from having American peacekeepers around to save GDP money. And a lot electronics are made in China and then are "re-packaged" with a Japanese name, like a lot other countries are doing too.
<quoted text>
Where do you get figures for Japan being in the top ten military? I ve never met anyone who was in the SDF (self defence force).

Talking about the strengths of Japan. Japan's strength is in production at reasonable quality, and its social cohesion; the entire population might "gaman" for the military without much persuasion. Japan scores the least in individuality in a recent study; they were the most inclined to go along with the group-a cliche but its true.

About technology, tits difficult to say whether there is true innovation or not; copying is valued in everything from ceramics to photography, originality isnt, or is it? It is true they benefit from information exchange with the USA, probably more than the USA benefits from any info from Japan ("language problems", haha)

On the other hand a few years back Japanese took out the highest number of patents for new inventions.

Its hard to generalize; there are alot of drones in Japan, but there are also some very clever "weirdos". In Japan, you can still get some "respect" and quite nice chicks even if you are an ugly skinny or plump ohtaku but have some talent.

Not sure if thats true in America; I see blogs of guys with good jobs complaining how their ex girlfriends went off with an unemployed junkie because he was more buff, or something.

So what I m saying is, if you are a geeky genius, there isnt much of a social reward in America (other than money).
In Japan, being a geek, working long hours and sacrificing to the group ARE rewarded- certain leading ad agencies actually hire very attractive bimbo women to make the coffee and to marry the guys at the company. Blue collar factories often have middle aged male managers, and young 20 year old women working there. Affairs between the two are common because they spend a lot of time together.
These Japanese companies have solved the basic problem of employee motivation-the urge to have sex.

Whereas in the USA, more often than not you d be sued for sexual harrassment once the affair finishes.

Thats the secret source of Japanese strength.
What Japanese Men are

Caloocan, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#86
Apr 2, 2011
 
They think they are the best people in the whole world, they toy with women then leave them as if they always busy. They always have a culture shock whenever they visit other countries and suddenly become a perfectionist. They hate fat people, discriminate fat people amd does not hire fat people on their country, as heartless as that. thats why everyone is skinny. They treat women badly, second best or just a plain past time for sex. They are crazy people as the rate of people commiting suicide on their country is high and the reason is that they just simply are not happy.

They hold informations like example "hiroshima" bombing, they dont teach it at school to new kids because they dont lile admitting their defeat. They are plainly ego blasting people. they never treat women good and respectfull.

based on research, life experience. specially a guy named initials are S.A. of PMR company. what a waste of time. what an old fart.
paul shykora calgary

Calgary, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#87
Apr 2, 2011
 

Judged:

1

..THE JAPANESE People/Folk's,as a whole,are GOOD,here...toooooooooooo boooooooooot.....yada u...eh...
Miori

Tokyo, Japan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#89
Jul 27, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Some people here, especially the reporter, obviously have no idea about Japan, otherwise they would not be saying what they did.
I have been to Japan, and although they can be racist and rude (but so can the rest of the world) and there are some things that foreigners would not agree with (this too goes for every country in the world, btw), I find them very charming people. I never really had a problem and it also happened that people actually helped me. The thing is, that Japan has a strong sense of pride, and offering help without that person asking for it can be considered a violation of that pride. If a japanese has trouble taking his stuff from A to B and doesn't ask anyone for help, then it can very well mean that he has too much pride to ask for help, or he considers himself strong enough to do it himself. I, for one, would not necessarily want a stranger taking my bags. Who knows if he's not just goingto run off with them?
There is always a reason to things japanese people do or don't do. Foreigners just need to open up and try and understand what it is. Unfortunately, most of them don't.
As for the reporter's numerous mentioning on how small japanese penises are... Seriously, that is the most childish thing I have ever heard, besides the fat that not the size is important, but how it is used.

In any case, while I agree that Japan has a lot of things one could do without, I thin kthat other things might be best adopted in other countries as well (e.g. the non-telephoning on trains).
In short, Japan is neither good, nor bad, but the same as any other country in the world, only with a different culture, language and so on (which is caracteristic to any country anyway). The only difference is how accepting and open-minded the foreigner is about it. If he can't cope with that kind of stuff, then the only thing I have to sy about it, is: go somewhere else.
The Reporter

Japan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#90
Jul 28, 2011
 

Judged:

2

2

1

As is often the case, you are confusing talking about a problem or bad aspect of Japan, and hating all Japanese and Japan.

If a person says he doesn't like Goodyear tires, it doesn't mean he hates the entire car. If he says he doesn't like Toyota cars colored pink, it doesn't mean he hates Toyota.

It is important to have some critical thinking skills, as to be able to tell the difference.

If you say the slightest thing negative about Japan, many Japanese will BLINDLY defend the bad point out of misplaced ultra-nationalism and xenophobia.

Many Japanophiles, and many have never been to Japan and just are addicted to Anime, have a fantasy about Japan that they also try to defend.

Japan has some very bad aspects in it's history and now. No need to blindly defend that. Better to be honest, because through honesty, that is how change can come about.
Miori wrote:
Some people here, especially the reporter, obviously have no idea about Japan, otherwise they would not be saying what they did.
I have been to Japan, and although they can be racist and rude (but so can the rest of the world) and there are some things that foreigners would not agree with (this too goes for every country in the world, btw), I find them very charming people. I never really had a problem and it also happened that people actually helped me. The thing is, that Japan has a strong sense of pride, and offering help without that person asking for it can be considered a violation of that pride. If a japanese has trouble taking his stuff from A to B and doesn't ask anyone for help, then it can very well mean that he has too much pride to ask for help, or he considers himself strong enough to do it himself. I, for one, would not necessarily want a stranger taking my bags. Who knows if he's not just goingto run off with them?
There is always a reason to things japanese people do or don't do. Foreigners just need to open up and try and understand what it is. Unfortunately, most of them don't.
As for the reporter's numerous mentioning on how small japanese penises are... Seriously, that is the most childish thing I have ever heard, besides the fat that not the size is important, but how it is used.
In any case, while I agree that Japan has a lot of things one could do without, I thin kthat other things might be best adopted in other countries as well (e.g. the non-telephoning on trains).
In short, Japan is neither good, nor bad, but the same as any other country in the world, only with a different culture, language and so on (which is caracteristic to any country anyway). The only difference is how accepting and open-minded the foreigner is about it. If he can't cope with that kind of stuff, then the only thing I have to sy about it, is: go somewhere else.
holmes

Central District, Hong Kong

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#92
Aug 22, 2011
 
Miori (obviously an anime name), has only visited Japan-not lived there for 10-20 years.

He (its probably a he)says Japan is "the same as any other country" but in fact the Japanese believe their country is different, and "unique"

May it is, maybe it isnt, but because the Japanese tend to believe it is so, they act as if it is so, and thus it becomes unique. Uniquely weird. And not particularly in a good way.

Miori, go and live in Japan and see if you change your mind. When I was 22 I blindly loved all things Japanese (ignoring war crimes etc) but after a year of being treated so badly,bullied even, I was forced to change my thinking.

I also changed my body. I became a bodybuilder and now no one fcuks with me! Yes, there are bullies in Japan too!(In fact its a huge problem in Japanese High Schools, and the whole Confucian hierarchy, taken to extremes-Japanese go from one extreme to another in everything from geek fandom, overworking to show loyalty, and hot sex to no sex at all-means that anyone older than you thinks they have the right to bully you.)

Now I m older and speak Japanese, and I am the older oji san who shouts at other ojisans trying to push me around.

Problem is, no Japanese person wants a gaijin sempai...haha. Now they just want gaijin money by selling Japanese stuff.

Waste of time now that place, and bad for your health too now, sadly.(Fukushima).
holmes

Central District, Hong Kong

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#93
Aug 22, 2011
 
"There is always a reason to things japanese people do or don't do. Foreigners just need to open up and try and understand what it is. Unfortunately, most of them don't."

I laughed when I read this. Here we go again, Japan is "special" and "misunderstood".

Au contraire, Japan needs to open up and make a bit of room for all those multi cultural kids that are in fact saving Japan from disappearing off the face of the earth in a few humdred years due to the dwindling birth rate.

As for the world trying to understand Japan, the world has been trying to do that for a long time. But unfortunately it suits the powers that be in Japan to claim that "youre a foreigner/outsider, so you can never possibly understand! Because Japan is unique, special blah blah"

Its just an an excuse to exclude all foreign participation.

foreign being anyone who isnt a "pure blood" Japanese whatever that is, ie. buying into conservative, nationalist values and myths completely without question, such as "oh yes Tepco it is a wise choice to build nuclear power stations where you did, we obey")

The Facist mayor of Tokyo, Ishihara, actually accuses Japanese critics of his policies as "not being Japanese" if the disagree with his quasi imperialist agenda.

zzzzz. Doomed to decline if this continues.
Miori

Hollenstedt, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#94
Aug 23, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

@Holmes: For starters, Miori is not "an anime name" as you like to say, but a real name. In fact, if you had any idea about Japan, you'd know that. You'd also know that many "anime names" were used because they actually exist. Of course, if you take names like Songoku and what not, then indeed, there is a chance that no one else has the name. But names such as Miori, Kyoko, Ren and so on are pretty common. Plus, while, yes, I have indeed visited Japan, I have also lived there (I'd be stupid to not visit the country in which I live).

I aslso suggest you read the whole sentence instead of taking bits and pieces of it to be able to twist the meaning into something that suits you. Indeed, just as I said, not only Japan is racist, rude, and foreigners won't necessarily agree. BUT, on the other side, and that goes for any country as well, Japan is unique and beautiful and if they want to consider themselves special, so be it, since they are not the only ones and are not causing trouble with it. In fact, I can name other countries who consider themselves special, but (in contrary to Japan) cause other countries a lot of trouble. Just smile and think your part.

As I said, I have lived in Japan and I have seen different parts of it. I don't agree with everything either, but I can understand some of the things, even amongst those I don't agree with. It's what people call "being open", in contrary to what you're doing, holmes. Already when I went to Japan for the first time, I knew that it's not all pink and wonderful. BUT, since I have been to many countries in the world, including Hong Kong and China, I can tell for sure that it is by far not the worst country to live in. Of course, other asians might tend to be treated in a not so nice way. But I also know a lot of Chinese, Korean and Taiwanese who had a very nice time in Japan and would come back any time again.

Wow, you became a bodybuilder...*sarcasm*
But I'm not impressed.

So you speak Japanese too? WHy's that if you hate the country so much? You must be really desperate, or just too stupid to learn anything else... Whatever, I don't care.

Too bad, I know a lot of Japanese who gladly call older gaijin "Sempai". In fact, they even started it. Those who don't want to call an older gaijin "sempai", just don't. To each their own.

Now to your next "answer":
Wow, you actually said something intelligent for once...o.O Indeed, Japan needs to open up more to the world. But that is exactly what they are doing. Slow, I agree, but we're getting there. On the other side, and that is important too, is that they still stick to what they are originally. What I mean is that they shouldn't blindly take over everything foreign and lose everything that makes out their culture and so on, but just adapt some things to make it more accessible to foreigners.

Well, when I look at some foreigners who come to Japan, live there but never even try to learn the language and then complain that they are not accepted, then, I'm sorry for your argument, but indeed, it is not valid and these people will never understand Japan.

Anyway, from what I read in your post, you completely hate Japan, can't understand that there are people who actually love Japan including all its negative sides. Unfortunately, with people going around with your type of mindset, the world will never reach what it is supposed to reach: equality and peace everywhere.
Now, if you absolutely want to, then go ahead and hate Japan. Me, onmy side, I will continue loving it and defending it against unfair arguments, like yours.
Miori

Hollenstedt, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#95
Aug 23, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

I am not confusing anything. All I am, is defending it against people like you, who obviously hate Japan for no valid reason. I agree that Japan has many bad points, but it also has just as many (if not more) good points, so there really is not reason to hate it. Besides, the past is the past. If I had to hate every country that did badthings in the past, there would not be ONE coutnry that I would not hate. As for nowadays,yes, even nowadays every country in the world does good and bad things. It is not only Japan and it is also not a reason to hate the country, whichever country it is.
Of course, a person is entitled to not like a country. There are also countries that I'm not especially fond of. Still, I will not go around forums JUST to insult that country or say bs about it. I will just ignore it and not take care of it. Period.
The Reporter wrote:
As is often the case, you are confusing talking about a problem or bad aspect of Japan, and hating all Japanese and Japan.
If a person says he doesn't like Goodyear tires, it doesn't mean he hates the entire car. If he says he doesn't like Toyota cars colored pink, it doesn't mean he hates Toyota.
It is important to have some critical thinking skills, as to be able to tell the difference.
If you say the slightest thing negative about Japan, many Japanese will BLINDLY defend the bad point out of misplaced ultra-nationalism and xenophobia.
Many Japanophiles, and many have never been to Japan and just are addicted to Anime, have a fantasy about Japan that they also try to defend.
Japan has some very bad aspects in it's history and now. No need to blindly defend that. Better to be honest, because through honesty, that is how change can come about.
<quoted text>
ramdom guy

New Delhi, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#96
Sep 20, 2012
 
i just dont believe in evolution... Those jap monkeys will never become humans i simply abhor that species... :E
Jugun Ianfu

Jakarta, Indonesia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#97
Sep 20, 2012
 
The Reporter wrote:
Japanese like to act like they are better than everybody else, but come off as low class snobs.
A Japanese will be cleaning the toilets at McDonalds, but think they are better than any other nationality or even a rich gaijin Banker. How stupid.
The country is full of idiot prejudice, as noted by UN inspectors.
Japanes guys control idiot Japanese females by telling them bad stories about foreigners/gaijin. They blame all crime, rape, and any problems on the gaijin/foreigner, when the main problems come from the Japanese themselves. The Japanese guys do this to hide the shame of no muscle and small d-cks. Idiot Japanese females believe it. Then the Japanese guys do whater to the foolish women.
You will never see a bigger snob than the average flat and short legs having Japanese woman, wishing they were White. They will even dye the hair of an all Japanese child to brown to look more White.
You will never see something dumber than a Japanese pretending to be Black, dancing to Black music, trying to talk Black, but are prejudice against Blacks.
Do yourself a favor and avoid Japan. For business, it is better to go to Taiwan, Hong Kong, or Singapore.
But I love jap's female when they're in JAV
HAI PHUOC YU

Hanoi, Vietnam

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#98
Sep 20, 2012
 
Dang cong san viet nam nay da duoc doi ten thanh DANG CUOP DUNG DAU LA TEN DANG CUOP Nguyen tan dung va nguyen minh triet, chung lam an rat kham kha , cuop dat dan lanh, cuop dat chua chieng, cuop dat Tin lanh va cong giao buon ban tre em va than xac dan ba
Miori

Edinburgh, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#99
Oct 3, 2012
 
ramdom guy wrote:
i just dont believe in evolution... Those jap monkeys will never become humans i simply abhor that species...:E
I'd like to toss what you said back at you. But it would be insulting your fellow country men and women who indeed are intelligent and non-racist for no reason (in contrary to you). As for evolution, well matter of factly it does exist, although it must have skipped you, or gone back to stone age. I can't believe you actually made such a retarded statement where everyone can read it!
HAI PHUOC YU

Hanoi, Vietnam

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#100
Oct 3, 2012
 
vu luc quan su, trong do co bao gom suc manh hai quan, cac tau chien , tiem thuy dinh, va lien quan toi cac phi co yem cho.
DEN TAMIKOKYOKO DITCACCHO

Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#101
Oct 3, 2012
 
DMM Ng U SOCCER KANKUKO !!!
MNR

Indonesia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#103
Nov 5, 2012
 
When i was 6th grade, i'm the one of Japanese lover. But now, since i had japanese classmate, I really hate them. He is very annoyed. He mocking all of my "One Nation" classmate. You know? he's tall just 3/4 height of me!. When we had a test, he asking me to give him an answer (cheat) and when i say 'no' he said "You are dumb and deaf!". I'm thankfull to my others classmate that support me and againts him. Besides, my country has a bad background with japanese (i'm an asian too!)and i think we (me and my classmate)turned to the era of World War 2..
MNR

Indonesia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#104
Nov 5, 2012
 
It maybe because your country doesnt have any prob. with japanese. But my country have it. It just about world war i think -_-
Miori

Edinburgh, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#105
Nov 5, 2012
 
MNR wrote:
It maybe because your country doesnt have any prob. with japanese. But my country have it. It just about world war i think -_-
World war has been over for over 65 years ago. Any person who hates another nation because of what tehri ANCESTORS did is just stupid and narrow-minded.
So your Japanese "friend" supposedly insulted you in the middle of a test, because you didn't give him the answers? Seeing as how the Japanese school system works, I find that hard to believe. In any case, it's actually irrelevant. What is, is the fact that you're hating a whole nation based on one individual. That's even more narrow-minded than what I previously mentioned. So the guy annoyed you, huh? Then why do you hang out with him? No offence, but that really is your own fault.
In any case, if you don't like a country, instead of staying there and hating on them, go back to your own country and see how you fare over there. Have a look at your own faults before criticising others', because believe me, you have just as many as they do.
GaijinWife

Tokyo, Japan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#106
Feb 14, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

I read only the first page of this forum.
I am a non-white foreigner married to Japanese.
I am getting tired of listening to crap about how Koreans are such (-insert all bad qualities here-).
It was valentines days last nigt and he was giving me that sh*t.
I am not korean, and frankly I don't give a sh*t about koreans either, but to ruin my positive day with all the hate. Why all the hating?
So I started fighting back and saying, Look, you are the epitome of why me, as a non-white gaijin, cannot get a proper job beyond factory work or cleaning lady (I don't do either, too proud for that!), it's because by default you think you are better than the rest of humankind by virtue of your race. But you lost the war, remember? You lost the f*cking war! you can't lord over us, over koreans, over chinese, over the rest of asia. Only Japanese seem to be impressed with Japan, I am personally tired of all these hate and negative energy. Why can't we just love our neighbors and give our next Asian brother a benefit of the doubt?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

19 Users are viewing the Japan Forum right now

Search the Japan Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
FREEDOM HAPPINESS INDEPENDENT VIET. NAM, GET OU... 4 hr SHlTWORMABORTHANDICAPJANU 10
ROBBERY BLUE DlAMOND ARAB SAUDI, JAPAN A SSHOLE... 4 hr SHlTWORMABORTHANDICAPJANU 61
NG U CHlNES VC NGUYEN^? TAN^' THU' MINH ( 1949,... 4 hr SHlTWORMABORTHANDICAPJANU 157
China criticises Japan's move to expand... 4 hr SHlTWORMABORTHANDICAPJANU 99
Japanese photographer captures Vietnam's mood a... 5 hr SHlTWORMKOREAHANDICAPJANU 9
Chinese govt. uses Japan-bashing to bolster its... 6 hr SHlTWORMKOREAABORTUKRANAU 82
FREEDOM HAPPlNESS lNDEPENDENT CONG^. HOA` XA? H... 17 hr SHlTWORMKOREAABORTUKRAINU 31
•••
•••