US lawmakers visit 'comfort women'...

Jun 7, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Suria

US lawmakers paid tribute Friday at the country's first memorial to "comfort women" forced to provide sex to Japanese soldiers in World War II, voicing concern at efforts to "whitewash" history.

Comments
1 - 5 of 5 Comments Last updated May 21, 2014
Toshiaki Haginoya

Tokyo, Japan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2013

Judged:

If 200,000 women were truly coerced into sex slavery by force as the “historians” say on U.S. newspapers, there would have been a rebellion or at least several more that number of eyewitnesses and people would have kept the records either in official papers or at least in their diaries. However, the Korean Government and people didn’t mention even a word of it in the negotiation process of 1965 Peace Treaty and brought this issue on table early in 1990s as if they suddenly came out of coma. This fact clearly indicates that the “Comfort Women” issue is just a propaganda campaign of Korean people to defame Japan or obtain money in the form of “compensation.” Therefore, no apologies anymore!!
A US Citizen

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

Toshiaki Haginoya wrote:
If 200,000 women were truly coerced into sex slavery by force as the “historians” say on U.S. newspapers, there would have been a rebellion or at least several more that number of eyewitnesses and people would have kept the records either in official papers or at least in their diaries. However, the Korean Government and people didn’t mention even a word of it in the negotiation process of 1965 Peace Treaty and brought this issue on table early in 1990s as if they suddenly came out of coma. This fact clearly indicates that the “Comfort Women” issue is just a propaganda campaign of Korean people to defame Japan or obtain money in the form of “compensation.” Therefore, no apologies anymore!!
What about the things the japanese did in China? I'm sure you guys want to whitewash that too.
H Tin

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

I just want to highlight that Toshiaki has a one man mission to reply to every article on the internet about what the japanese did in WW2 were justified.

Go on the internet and search for his name.

He even setup a webpage about it.
http://howitzer.jp.ipaddress.com/

He has a hatred for Korean people and I think his logical and thinking is flaw due to this.

Have a read at the comments section of this article:
http://fortlee.patch.com/groups/politics-and-...
Ellie

Nihon'odori, Japan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2013

Judged:

Toshiaki just stated his opinion, so I don't see what your problem is.
Because we all know that sex slavery should never be condoned, the point is about what actually happened, isn't it?
For example, rape is a criminal allegation that is easy to claim and difficult for a defendant to disprove.
Do you think that there has been no man jailed for false rape testimony?
A US citizen

Flushing, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2014

Ellie wrote:
Toshiaki just stated his opinion, so I don't see what your problem is.
Because we all know that sex slavery should never be condoned, the point is about what actually happened, isn't it?
For example, rape is a criminal allegation that is easy to claim and difficult for a defendant to disprove.
Do you think that there has been no man jailed for false rape testimony?
I noticed the comments are from japan...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

7 Users are viewing the Japan Forum right now

Search the Japan Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
FREEDOM HAPPINESS INDEPENDENT VIET. NAM, GET OU... 2 hr SHlTWORMKOREAABORTUKRANAU 5
ROBBERY BLUE DlAMOND ARAB SAUDI, JAPAN A SSHOLE... 3 hr SHlTWORMKOREAABORTUKRANAU 55
NG U CHlNES VC NGUYEN^? TAN^' THU' MINH ( 1949,... 3 hr SHlTWORMKOREAABORTUKRANAU 152
Chinese govt. uses Japan-bashing to bolster its... 3 hr SHlTWORMKOREAABORTUKRANAU 75
FREEDOM HAPPlNESS lNDEPENDENT CONG^. HOA` XA? H... 5 hr SHlTWORMKOREAABORTUKRAINU 31
Dating Japanese Women (Feb '13) 7 hr SHlTWORMKOREAABORTJAPAinu 133
Should the Japs be given the ultimatum: QUIT WH... 8 hr SHlTWORMKOREAABORTEDKMUNU 19
•••
•••