Reward offered for arrest of slain cop killers

Jul 13, 2008 | Posted by: Kingston Chronicle | Full story: kingstonchronicle.wordpress.com

A reward of up to $1M will be issued from the "Save the Cop Fund" of the Jamaica Constabulary Force , for the arrest and charge of persons involved in the gun slaying of Detective Inspector Marlon Harper of the ...

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 18 of18
Misha

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2008

I knew Marlon Harper. He was vibrant, smart, and had high ambitions. He loved his job in a very patriotic sort of way. I know his family, and i know that they must be devastated by the loss of their loved one. This is yet another senseless killing of another decent Jamaican citizen. Marlon cannot be replaced, and no comforting words will bring him back. Even 'if' the law fails to bring the perpetrators to justice, i know that these murderers will have to tell God about what they did last Saturday night, and they are going to burn in hell for it. Justice will be served

As for Marlon, i will remember him , and the mark he made as a person, as also a Policeman. I will remember that he has made the Glengoffe Community proud, by his strive for excellence. Marlon i was looking forward to seeing you on (UWI)Campus come September, as you had plans of doing your Masters, but this is not to be. What more can I say, but that your memories will rest eternally in peace.
Andrea Harper Canada

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2008

Marlon, what can I say, you are missed. I know you are someplace puting things in order with your bright vibrate smile and loving heart. You were an inspiration to have around. You made us all proud to have someone like you in our lives. I know you die protecting your family "such slefless act of courage and love". I wish you were here with us but you are not and it hurts knowing you are gone. No one has to pick and choose what they have to say about you because they can only say one thing you are the sweetest person in the world. You have left us feeling empty but when we think of the love you always give it fill our hearts with joy. Love you cuz
Jennifer Harper Canada

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2008

Marlon - I miss you truly. I remember making your 1st diaper and your baby clothes when you were born. I have seen you grown into a perfect gentleman. Even though some may beg to differ you were perfect in my eyes and I could not be prouder to have a nephew like you. The entire family is in awe knowing that you will no longer be around. Marlon Marlon I turly miss you.
You were the "Jamaican" sunshine that brighten my
life when I come to Jamaica. I am going to miss your smile and handsome face. You have made me proud. I promise I would give you a comforter which you didnt received. But my love for you will be the conforter. I will still buy it and cover in it just to keep my memories of you. I will surely miss you but you will not be forgotten.
George Harper Canada

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2008

I have lost a nephew, Detective Inspector Marlon Harper but Jamaica has lost a young son, who was exprienced and qualified. My nephew was a Servant of Jamaica. He believed and strived to make Jamaica the land it once was and supposed to be.

He could have travelled to North Amercia but chose not to because he is a patriatic Jamaican who belived he should serve his country Jamaica. On my nephew's behalf I am appealing to all the Ministers of Jamaica such as the Minister of Justice, The Police Federation, The Commisioner Of Police, and the Prime Minister (to name a few) to attend Marlons funeral to show an example of the solidarity and to let the criminals know that the senceless killing must come an end. Taking away a promissing young life like Inspector Marlon Harper is senseless and we need more young uncorrupted individuals like Inspector Marlon to make a difference.

These criminals are not doing no disarm to his family but only harming the people of Jamaica. Jamaica has lost a son who served his country well and beyond.

Idle news are making headlines in Jamaica most prominent News Papers coming to North America but Detective Inspector Marlon Harper death is yet to make it in those News Papers.

Marlon you make me, your family and the people of Jamaica proud. You will be missed but not forgotten. Love always your uncle Wilkey. I am proud of you son.
Andre Ramsay second cuz

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2008

I have not gotten the honor of meeting you,but from what I have heard you were a man of example and I am proud to have someone like you in the fam. I am young and proud and wish you were still around to give me some direction. Hope to be an example like you. We do need people like you around. Bless
Janet Clarke

Apo, AE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2008

I am speachless and heart broken, I had the pleasure of meeting you at the family reunion.
My heart goes out to our entire family,for once again we are mourning the loss of a truely wonderful man gone far to soon.
God Bless
second Cuz living in Germany
Dee

Sarasota, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2008

I truly miss you. From the very first time we met I knew you were a special person. I enjoyed the time we spend together. Jamaica have loss a wonderful person. I pray that others will follow the footprint you left. My heart goes out to your family (your daughter Chelsea and your son)I will miss hearing your voice and your laughter. Our plans to open a school will not be, but I will continue my training and return home. I want to give back to Jamaica as you have encouraged me time and time again. I will never forget you.
wingie

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2008

I dont know Marlon Harper, i only heard the news and i felt really sad, because seven months ago i lost my boyfriend, also a Policeman, he was killed by gunmen while carrying out his duties.
Everytime a Police is killed i mourn with families and friends. They have given all to protect this country and nothing or no one to protect them.
He will be missed. Families and friends be strong.
Curlyne and Nellie Harper

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2008

Marlon Harper was one of our beloved cousins, always there when you need him. Wonderful and loving, a mother and father to his brother and sisters. We have lost a truly wonderful person and a good friend to anyone who got close to him. Everyone I know love's him and he will truly be missed. I guess god was ready for him, but we must say he was taken too soon. We will truly miss him and keep him in our hearts always. God Bless.
Abril Salmon - Gigi

Croydon, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2008

Even though I had lost contact and have not seen Marlon for over 10 years I knew he was a person of standard. He stood up for justice and wanted to make his country a better place. He was a loving and respected person. I pray that his family will not grief as those who have no hope but remember that in his 37 years on earth he made a big difference even in my life. Mark I know you were close to him but remember he died for what he believed in.
Delroy and Sonia

Milton Keynes, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2008

We will miss you Marlon, you were a friend to us and a good neighbour to our family back in Stony Hill. We were hoping to come over to Jamaica in september and have a few drinks and laughs with you just like we used to. We will raise our glasses and remember you. Our prayers are with your family, you will be sadly missed. You are in heaven now.
Patricia Gordon

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2008

Dedication To Marlon Harper

Marlon, a man who touched not only my life, but the lives of all those whom he met. A very ambitious man of faith, integrity and high standards, who did everything including and especially his job to the best of his ability.He was an understanding, empathetic and genuine guy, never one to pretend. He was a lover of words "especially big ones," loves to read books, poems and listens to country and western music or ballads. Jamaica has lost a strong leader, counsellor, adviser and mentor who commands and shows respect to one and all.

Marlon, though you may not be here in body, your spirit and memories live on. I'll keep on listening to your words of inspiration and motivation.I am very blessed and privileged to have known you. I knew you as a great guy turned into a great man. I have always had admiration and respect for the way you handled challenges throughout your life.

To me you are and will always be "The Great Roger Dodger," a very brave man indeed.Love you Marlon, miss you, miss your beautiful smile and laughter. You'll always have a special place in my heart.May your blessed soul rest in peace.

Patricia GordonLondon,Eng
Beverley Patricia Hobbs

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2008

Marlon and I were vey close and shared a lot in common.We were sometimes teased.I quess people got the wrong impression.We were always there for each other.He often times took me out.I know he wanted to mend my troubles and for me to enjoy life.
Marlon I miss you.I 'll always remember when my aunt Yvette Taylor ( now decease) introduced you to me and how you became so attached to my family. I will always remember the week -ends,holidays you spent with us and your frequent visits to our home. You were such a concerned cousin always checking up on us.
I must thank you for being their for my son, Rajiv and I.You were our gaurdian angel, our advisor,our mentor,a great motivator,our everything.
WE MISS YOU MARLON'MAY YOUR SOUIL REST IN PEACE.

Golden Hiil ,Stony Hill, Jamaica WI
Nicole Hobbs

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2008

Marlon Harper was a great person. I cannot recall ever seeing him without a smile. Marlon has always encouraged me to set things in order. Based on our conversations I know he was a very desciplined person and saw education as a great stepping stone in life. He is one to always drop by every now and then to "check-up" on my family as he was also a family person. In regards to his work, he loved it and took his job very serious.

Marlon you will be missed by all whose life you have touched. There isn't enough words to explain the pain that families and friends are going through now. You were a good man and memories of you will be stamped in each and everyone of us. May your soul rest in peace until we meet again.
Your Cuz, Niki.
Kathy

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2008

Judged:

Marlon my dear,Marlon my love,my life has changed dramatically, the moment you left. we have been friends since teenege years and recently our friendship turned something more wonderful. i will cherish every memory we made. the last Friday you were alive we spent together doing fun stuff. i will remember how we had lunch together sharing each others meal it was fun. i spoke with you shortly before you were attacked, boy if we had known.
you'll never know that I was at the hospital praying for your successful surgery. you'll never know that I touched you after you died and spoke to you, or did you know my love, because it was after i spoke from my heart, you eyes finished closing. I cry every day especially in the mornings when we used to talk. I will miss your smile, your love, your friendship and the positive impact you bring to this nation. I will continue to write as I know you loved my poems. the next one I write will be about you. a piece of me goes with you as a part of you will remain with me forever.
I miss hearing you call me mate and baby, I miss that little love look you always gave me but i look forward to meeting you on the other side.
I will continue the work you have started in my own way as I am sure others will. I pray for your children and family
Gowie Toronto Canada

Etobicoke, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2008

We attend the same school and Marlon was an out standing person and a wonderful friend am not surprise he touch so many lifeís , thatís what he was about, we need more like Marlon and Jamaica and the world would be so much better, what we all need to do is continue what Marlon start. Am praying that his family with fine comfort and strength knowing that he was a very special person that change so many lifeís .God bless you all.
Nadine
NoveyJohnson New York

Norristown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2008

Shocked, dissapointed ,hurt, bewildered and overcome with grief.
Best wishes for the family he loved so much. Memories spent in Williamsfield, Glengoffe , Stony Hill , UWI, Hope Pastures and our favorite restaurants in Kingston will be forever remebered.
One of the few good men...gone...one who could handle the truth.
See you on the other side...always remebered.
Fayann

Zephyrhills, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2008

Today would have been your birthday (August 17th)
Marlon, since your passing there has been a change in my life. I still can't believe you are deceased. We shared so much laughter and of course serious conversation in which you always won. Your knowledge was so vast; it spans from the boardroom to the bedroom. Oh those were some interesting conversations. Although, there were other women in you life I appreciate the respect you show me when we were together which extended to the opportunity to call anytime when I wanted to hear your voice. You certainly rocked my world in more ways than one.
I cherish the relationship we've developed over the years. Marlon you had alot to offer law enforcement, academia, to life and to the upbringing of your children .I miss you, and I am sure your colleagues Central Investigation Bureau (CIB) who miss you as well as demonstrated by their attendance at your funeral. As I viewed your body in the casket my reaction was one of shock and dismay to see you lay there. I had so much to share with you upon my arrival back home, such as the movies I burned for us to watch. I fondly recall the marvelously time we spend together especially in December. Oh my God, I miss you smile, and your dry jokes.
Marlon, all your plans to study law and to lecture all sunset the night you took your last breathe. I wish I was there. If only one week later I would have been there. I am so angry with the staff at University Hospital that did not adequately perform their task. I thought The Hippocratic Oath mean that doctors will enter only for the good of all patients, they failed miserably. I cry when I think how you served and protected the people of Jamaica and in your time of need your country men failed you. Any lay person could probably told those doctors that all they had to do was to performed emergency surgery and cauterize the artery stop the bleeding, and infused you to prevent the body from going into shock. I still question why you were taken to that hospital. I donít know how factual this statement is but I told that you requested to be taken to University Hospital. I spoke with your father and he expressed the same sentiment that the staff at that hospital did not performed adequately to save your life.
Our plans to spend a few days on the north coast will never take place, because of the vicious attack perpetrated upon you. Something must be done to stem the tide of violence across Jamaica; it has claimed almost 1000 lives since January. The citizenry of Jamaica must rise up and cry out for change. Change must start with every Jamaican whether living in Jamaica or in the diaspora (abroad). There must be a change in the physic of the people turn those criminals in who continue to perpetrate violence upon the people. Stop the badmanism, a civilize society cannot be rule by violence but the rule of law.
You were loved by many but I am sure you knew how I felt about you not only in words but in deeds. I felt your touch on Tuesday night; I know you were in the room with me. Apart of you will always be with me. Yes,(TP) it took this long to make my comment, because I wanted to write from my heart, and in doing so honor the person you were. I pray that you had a chance to ask your Creator for forgiveness and you were received into his loving arms, Rest in peace TP (nickname).

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 18 of18
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Jamaica Forum right now

Search the Jamaica Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Botcho cream and yodi pills testimonials and su... (Jan '12) 5 hr chelle313 303
Exploring the real Cuba 17 hr Bob 68
Jamaican Men!!! (Mar '09) Tue Numbian princess 3,916
jamaican peritol weight gainer for sale Tue jodi 18
poly tonine a super booster no.1 (Feb '11) Apr 14 Jujie 32
Jamaicans VS Nigerians (Apr '12) Apr 13 nando 88
We Jamaican women are way prettier than ugly, d... Apr 13 slytech 6
•••
•••