Since: Jan 10

Amsterdam, Netherlands

#63 Feb 2, 2010
YO GAL,WE CAN SHAKE HANDS!!! and FOR OTHERS YOU HAVE TO KNOW WHERE YU LOVER COMES FROM AND THE CULTURE! KNOW WERE YU DEALING WITH?? AND BLESSINGS MY SISTER,KEEP IN TOUCH! YAHNYS.K
RTR

Orlando, FL

#64 Feb 11, 2010
I have to admit that I would like to find out about someone in Jamaica that I am beginning to be in a relationship with. It sounds nuts, but unfortunately, these types of posts puts questions in the strongest of minds. I am really independent, I just want to make my decisions based on facts, and it is really hard to know when you are involved in a long distance relationship. Any advice?
stereo typeers wow

Plainfield, NJ

#65 Feb 12, 2010
jaelisa wrote:
I've been there done that!
Be ready for a Man who will
talk AT you, not WITH you!
he thinks that all females are inferior to him.
Be ready to go ONLY to Jamaica
and no place else in the world
when on vacation.
Be ready to start cooking and eating
only Jamaican food.
If you are light skinned and black He may try to
play with your mind and make you feel inferior.
They are suspicious of light skinned females.
Be ready for a very Cheap Man !
Be ready to Tolerate His Woman pon the side
& her offspring. Be ready for His siphoning money off of your shared income to support her and her family.
If you complain about the money missing, you might get beat up!
Be ready a year or two into the relationship when
He wants to bring the girl over to the USA
and have you both!
Be ready for alot of backwards taboos enforced
on you from his culture, like obeah, homophobia & misogyny.
and the Man's friends will make jokes about you
"the main woman" their male friends, when they talk about their outside women.
They can be very chauvinistic
& set in their ways not wanting to
try anything new at all!
Even in the Bedroom and
He may physically abuse you
and call you a whore if you suggest
some new sexual positions or practices!
Not all of them are this way,
but a great deal of them really are!
wat is wrong with u how many jamaicans have u ever dated any way n u was jus discribing one person ur such a stereo type may be he didnt like ur ass n maybe dat whore on da side was his friend dat he was trien ta get legalafied n if it waz a girl on the side maybe it was cuz ur ass waz too dam ugly n insequre oh an another thing my parents have been married for 15 years n my mother never got hit by him n we go on vacation to j.a every year n i luv it n if u waz a little more open minded u would get to go to diffrent places im mad some one had to deal with u u should be ashamed of your self for stereo typing a whole country for 1 bad relationship oh n at the end u said u said u spend the money on ur self now with that one way attitude u will always be with ur self!!!
stereo typeers wow

Plainfield, NJ

#66 Feb 12, 2010
oh oh n we christian i aint never seen any vodoo or rituals a day of my life as a matter of fact if you say u do that kind of stuf in the wrong place over there there will be conciquences
G Nicolas

Barking, UK

#67 Feb 15, 2010
Reading some of these comments has me laughing my head off. I am a Jamaican Man, firstly, Living in London at the moment, came here for school and doing relatively well under the circumstances.
Let me dispel that Myth about Obeah/ Voodoo, i have only been out of the country for 1 year and 5 months, never practiced obeah/ Voodoo and never intend to. Most jamaicans have nothing to do with the practice and consider it evil and would never go near it. Please get the idea out of your heads... stop spreading rumours
As for Us jamaican men being cheats, i have cheated, but thats not down to the fact that i am a cheat. I have had girlfriends who i have never cheated on, even had two girlfriends who i never had sex with, and i am not referring to a time when i was too young to have an erection, lol. I started cheating becuase i lost faith in women due to bad experiences, personal choice not a habit i cant shake. Now that i am getting older i have put cheating aside to focus on a relationship... and for those of you who know nothing of your history, please read up on the breeding of slaves and learn the reasons why it is commonplace for a man (primarily those who are descendants of slaves) to want to "Breed women".
There are many jamaican men who look after their children, and most as far as i know are proud fathers who work hard to feed their families. I am in no way excusing the behavior of men who want to impregnate women and move on... its a dual responsibility, a man cant get you pregnant unless you allow. You dont want to use contraception because you are inlove, your problem, dont be stupid about it and blame it on someone else.
Women who pick up dancehall crazy guys should expect no less... you go to a pub, or bar, or night out to pick up a man, why do you think you are going to get quality? dont go to the garbage bin to shop for jewellery... you get what you seek, and going to places where you find trash isnt the best place for picking up good men.
I will admit to the fact that there are alot of trashy jamaicans, especially amongst the vast number who migrate to america and to england, but please, if you look carefully, you will notice that the majority of jamacans who do well overseas has no reason to do or say anything that will allow you to identify them, the bad apples however make the most noise, so they are most noticeable..
I am interested in traveling the world, and i would not dictate to any partner i have that she must go to jamaica on holidiay... and i am 100% jamaican so please get that stereotypical crap out of your head. If a man chooses to want to go home every chance he gets to see his family i think its a good idea.
I have been with Polish, Russian, English, Nigerian and i can say the only complaint i have had so far really is that i am at times emotionally unresponsive... which i have a perfectly good explanation for in any case... i came here for a purpose and i wont let a woman distract me from that.
There are so many stereotypical statements in that post that i cant even remember them all... most of them are total garbage, including the one about jamaican men wanting the woman to provide... please sister, get a hold of yourself, i would never have a woman unless she is my wife provide for me in an ongoing fashion.. jamaican men in general consider it to be less than manly.
lav

UK

#68 Feb 17, 2010
men are men! just know what your worth and get to know him before you give yourslef to him
chester manning

Kingston, Jamaica

#69 Feb 18, 2010
As an intelligent jamaican man who works hard for what he wants i take umbrage to all ur cras statements, if only some of u ladies lokked further than the guys looks and bling then u would see where u r all going but no, he has to be hot to show off on all ur frenz. There is more to jamaica than just sex, yes there is the practice of obeah but reality check ist mostly weak women such as you lot who goes to the obeah man to seek help in keeping a man that never wanted u in the first place.U ALL NEED TO DRINK SOME COFFEE AND WAKE UP TO REALITY.
Blah

Kangiqsujuaq, Canada

#70 Feb 19, 2010
RTR wrote:
I have to admit that I would like to find out about someone in Jamaica that I am beginning to be in a relationship with. It sounds nuts, but unfortunately, these types of posts puts questions in the strongest of minds. I am really independent, I just want to make my decisions based on facts, and it is really hard to know when you are involved in a long distance relationship. Any advice?
Don't fall for anything he says or do. Just play along and see what happens.
I Love My Man

Toms River, NJ

#71 Mar 5, 2010
I have been dating a Jamaican Man for six months now. He is so sweet, and respectful. You know, he is actually a 33 yr old Man, and not a 33 yr old boy. Thanks Babe for making a differnce in my life.
I Love My Man

Toms River, NJ

#72 Mar 5, 2010
(difference)
iloveblkmen

Fort Wayne, IN

#73 Mar 6, 2010
im white and ive been with other nationalities and my longest relationship that was 8 years was with a jamaican man. that was the best he treated me good we took trips everywhere his family loved me and the only reason we brokke up cuz i wasnt ready to get married. so not all jamacian men are bad theres a few like any other race white blk and mexican so just follow your heart
iloveblkmen

Fort Wayne, IN

#74 Mar 6, 2010
G Nicolas wrote:
Reading some of these comments has me laughing my head off. I am a Jamaican Man, firstly, Living in London at the moment, came here for school and doing relatively well under the circumstances.
Let me dispel that Myth about Obeah/ Voodoo, i have only been out of the country for 1 year and 5 months, never practiced obeah/ Voodoo and never intend to. Most jamaicans have nothing to do with the practice and consider it evil and would never go near it. Please get the idea out of your heads... stop spreading rumours
As for Us jamaican men being cheats, i have cheated, but thats not down to the fact that i am a cheat. I have had girlfriends who i have never cheated on, even had two girlfriends who i never had sex with, and i am not referring to a time when i was too young to have an erection, lol. I started cheating becuase i lost faith in women due to bad experiences, personal choice not a habit i cant shake. Now that i am getting older i have put cheating aside to focus on a relationship... and for those of you who know nothing of your history, please read up on the breeding of slaves and learn the reasons why it is commonplace for a man (primarily those who are descendants of slaves) to want to "Breed women".
There are many jamaican men who look after their children, and most as far as i know are proud fathers who work hard to feed their families. I am in no way excusing the behavior of men who want to impregnate women and move on... its a dual responsibility, a man cant get you pregnant unless you allow. You dont want to use contraception because you are inlove, your problem, dont be stupid about it and blame it on someone else.
Women who pick up dancehall crazy guys should expect no less... you go to a pub, or bar, or night out to pick up a man, why do you think you are going to get quality? dont go to the garbage bin to shop for jewellery... you get what you seek, and going to places where you find trash isnt the best place for picking up good men.
I will admit to the fact that there are alot of trashy jamaicans, especially amongst the vast number who migrate to america and to england, but please, if you look carefully, you will notice that the majority of jamacans who do well overseas has no reason to do or say anything that will allow you to identify them, the bad apples however make the most noise, so they are most noticeable..
I am interested in traveling the world, and i would not dictate to any partner i have that she must go to jamaica on holidiay... and i am 100% jamaican so please get that stereotypical crap out of your head. If a man chooses to want to go home every chance he gets to see his family i think its a good idea.
I have been with Polish, Russian, English, Nigerian and i can say the only complaint i have had so far really is that i am at times emotionally unresponsive... which i have a perfectly good explanation for in any case... i came here for a purpose and i wont let a woman distract me from that.
There are so many stereotypical statements in that post that i cant even remember them all... most of them are total garbage, including the one about jamaican men wanting the woman to provide... please sister, get a hold of yourself, i would never have a woman unless she is my wife provide for me in an ongoing fashion.. jamaican men in general consider it to be less than manly.
THANK YOU AS A WHITE WOMAN I AGREE WITH YOU ITS JUST IGNORANCE ABOUT HOW PEOPLE ARE. GOODLUCK WITH YOUR SCHOOLING AND MY YOU GET THE BEST OUTTA LIFE
DURTYMACD

Salinas, CA

#75 Mar 9, 2010
*RICHARD
I hear you thats some true ish mane, I know a few Galis that breed there girls and move on to the next girl being me and try pull that let mi breed you baby ish on me, no no.. LOLL=]
Amber

Bridgetown, Barbados

#76 Mar 13, 2010
It is true that Jamaican men have been stereotyped just as men from other nationalities have been. I lived in Jamaica and among Jamaicans for over a year, and I can tell you that like men from any other country, you will find the players but you will also find some nice men who know how to be faithful. It is true however that it was in Jamaica that I ever heard about "wifey" who is the main girl and "matey" who is the outside girl, and a lot of my friends told me that they would have their uptown girl who was the "wifey", the one they put on display and the downtown girl was the one from the ghetto areas most of the time where they would go to get the better sex. The important thing is not to judge the man by the stigma that has been attached to his nationality, but on his actions and what he has shown you thus far. We are only human and we may not always see things that are right in front of us, but at the end of the day, once you know that you did your best to make things work, you can walk away without regrets should something go wrong. I've dated two Jamaican guys. One was a rich prick who thought that he could have anything he wanted. He had his "main girl" on the side who he was with since they were in high school and then wanted me on the side thinking that I wasn't going to find out because I'm not from the country so I didn't know a lot of people there. But I also dated another guy, and he was nothing short of sweet. He would come to look for me almost every day, and was generally extremely sweet. I'm saying this to say that the "rule" does not apply to all individuals. Just be careful and make sure that you don't ever lose or are giving up any part of yourself in the process of getting closer to this man.
ladylove

Willis, TX

#77 Mar 23, 2010
girl all I can say is be very careful they like to play mine games,they are not very honest people and like to borrow money. I wish I had time to tell u my story Not saying all are like that But good luck. The one I dated gives all Jamacain men a bad name.best of luck
mawga18

Boston, MA

#78 Mar 24, 2010
Ok so I am a Jamaican woman and I will say first off the voodoo part is totally false...ok so moving on...I will not speak for ALL Jamaican men since I do NOT know them all but I will say that most of the Jamaican men I have encountered and know personally are cheaters and womanizers and some are quite possessive even though they cheat a lot which makes no sense...but at the same time I will say that my boyfriend is Jamaican and he is very faithful(to my knowledge...lol) and he also is not a possessive person..he is very loving and gentle and very serious about being in a relationship, meaning he tries to build and make the relationship grow with hopes of getting married some day...so it really just boils down to the individual....he may or may not fit the stereotype..just feel him out like you would any other guy...I wish you the best of luck!!!
mawga18

Boston, MA

#79 Mar 24, 2010
chester manning wrote:
As an intelligent jamaican man who works hard for what he wants i take umbrage to all ur cras statements, if only some of u ladies lokked further than the guys looks and bling then u would see where u r all going but no, he has to be hot to show off on all ur frenz. There is more to jamaica than just sex, yes there is the practice of obeah but reality check ist mostly weak women such as you lot who goes to the obeah man to seek help in keeping a man that never wanted u in the first place.U ALL NEED TO DRINK SOME COFFEE AND WAKE UP TO REALITY.
I agree with this comment to a degree....I am a young Jamaican in her 20's living in the Northeast of the U.S....I come from a good family, went to college and am now a RN and making pretty good money...nevertheless I do sometimes go out to the "dancehall" clubs here and the dumb trifling shi* I see some of these girls doing is just a damn disgrace...they wear clothes showing there ass and tits and shake it all up in a guys face and then complain when they attract good for nothing Jamaican men...seriously stop putting yourself out there like a whore and you will attract a decent man....sadly these good for nothing boys and girls give productive and progressive Jamaicans a bad name.....but my advice is if you act like trash then you will attract trash...if you represent yourself as a decent, nice, and humble human being then you will attract like-minded people...most of the people on here complaining about Jamaicans being this and that are trash to begin with.....not ALL but I will say most...if you were that bright of a person you would have never been attracted to these "bad" Jamaican men and women you speak of....alright too much talking...me dun....lol...
mawga18

Boston, MA

#80 Mar 24, 2010
tapthat wrote:
I know this Black Girl who is dating a Jamaican man. He sent her a text and signed it Ms. Gale
Her name is not gale. He says the stands for strong woman in Jamaica. Have anyone ever heard of such??????
lmao....uhhhh....nope....maybe someone else has heard of it but not me...in any case...he is most likely just trying to cover his tracks...just like most men when they get caught.
RTR

Orlando, FL

#81 Mar 25, 2010
I posted awhile ago, and here is my update. Not the best one, but not the worse either. My 15 month long distance relationship seems to be dying a natural death. I live in the states, and he lives in Jamaica. No harm has been done, but unfortunately after a long time of not matching many of the stereotypical comments on Jamaican men, he has started to. I don't like to acknowledge this, but have been following this post, so almost feel obligated to share, since I have read so many others feelings and stories. Typical first 10-12 months. Fun relationship, but also serious as I learned a lot about his circumstances and his family. He worked hard and a lot of the effort was to help his younger siblings. His family lives a typical country life with not a lot of possessions, sometimes including the necessities. He didn't just tell me, I saw this on many occasions myself. I did sent things for his family, clothes/shoes/school supplies for the kids, nothing extravagant, and nothing that I didn't want to do. Here is how things started to develop, and it has just been getting worse and worse for the past few months. His mother has now written me and called, asking for money for herself for Dr. appts., lawyer appts., to help build her brother a house!, etc. His older brother has also contacted me on-line to ask for money. Now the boyfriend. He has stopped working, supposedly for another job that hasn't materialized, and is now asking for money for his monthly living expenses. In addition,(I haven't been there in four months due to my own job), I had told him that I was coming down for a long weekend (gave him the dates), and he immediately said, "oh I don't think that will work due to a family dinner that my aunt is having". I have met his family, and this doesn't seem to make sense. ANYWAY.........as I started, things have taken a turn in a direction that I have no interest in going, so I am not and fine with it. But the one regret, as I have been reading the posts is that even if this wasn't a great everlasting love, is that his behavior has turned in such a way. I hate stereotypes toward any person, I still want have them now, but I sometimes can see how they happen and endure. Best of luck to all :)
lady sunshine

Fayetteville, NC

#82 Mar 29, 2010
Ok first of all let me say that I have always heard so many bad things about Jamaican men however I went ahead and took a chance on love with one. I have never seen such a caring and understanding man before and I have dealt with all races. He calls me his queen and always puts my needs before his. He is a over the road truck driver and is constantly in touch with me when on the road. When he is at home it is all about me and him. And as far as money goes he has always been very generous with his money. I have a very good job and make good money however he says that my money is for me to do as I choose but his money is for the household. I love my jamaican man

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jamaica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
why are jamaica women go for all the african m... (Aug '11) 21 hr Masquerade 253
Why Jamaican are the worse ugliest people in hu... (Jan '13) Fri 1BOSSCHICK 180
Why do African American women act like they bet... (Dec '11) Fri 1BOSSCHICK 218
Why do black people hate themselves? (Apr '13) Fri English white guy 16
Why are jamaicans soo obssessed with ethiopia? (Jul '12) Dec 23 Daniel 97
Desperate American Woman marrying the Fast talk... (Jul '11) Dec 23 Roy 108
White Women and Jamaican Men (Apr '13) Dec 23 Pete 106
More from around the web