Why jamaicans thimk they're superior to AA's?

Created by TPMP on Mar 15, 2010

157 votes

Click on an option to vote

They simply are

No, Pure rubbish.

Their own country and identity

Better educational system

British influence

Who the hell cares?

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
mawga18

Boston, MA

#1 Mar 24, 2010
I am going to give you an honest opinion...and it is not very nice....ok so speaking from MY experience...I am in no way shape or form speaking for any one group as a whole just my experience...and I am speaking to you from an honest perspective and not a biased one...ok moving on....many Jamaicans(and Africans and other Caribbean Black folks) from my experience view a lot(not ALL) of Black Americans as being lazy....they believe that many Black Americans feed off of government assistance(something that is very uncommon in the countries where we come from) and do not want to work to make a living. They also think that many young Black Americans do not have manners and are disrespectful...they also think that many Black Americans do not value education-they cut class and when they do go to school they disrupt class.....they also think that many Black Americans do not like Black foreigners because "we" steal their jobs and come here to America work hard and make a better living for ourselves while those who have lived here all their lives still cannot reach anywhere and expand....ok I know this was harsh but I am telling you the truth..this is was a lot of Black foreigners thinks of Black Americans whether they will admit it or not...speaking from experience I have met plenty of Black Americans that fit into the negative stereotype and many(but less than those that do) that don't fit that stereotype....but the same thing can be said for Jamaicans(I am Jamaican btw) who fit the loud ghetto stereotype and many that do not...but this is just an honest response to your question...no offense meant by it...just answering the question...this is the reason why some Jamaicans think they are better.......
pusey50

Springfield Gardens, NY

#2 Mar 24, 2010
I am ashamed to comment ,but I have to I think we should remove this comment topic , because no human is superior or better than another human wether you BLACK , WHITE ,or BROWN American ,or jamaican so stop this comment there is a logical explanation for everything . But remember all men or created equal, God made us all . I am a JAMAICAN and I am not superior than any other human , for God made us all in HIS image , let us stop this now . and STOP the senseless killing , and make every effort to help one another .
TPMP

South Amboy, NJ

#3 Mar 24, 2010
I don't believe the topic should be removed. It may be an uncomfortable reality. However, it is still a reality.One that is worthy of conversation. As long as profanities and prejudice banter id kept of of it. Thank you.......TPMP.
ifyoucan

Shady Side, MD

#4 Apr 4, 2010
I think it's jealousy if anything. if jamaicans are so superior...lol and work so hard, then why aren't they in jamaica trying to make that god forsaken, proverty and crime ridden island better? instead of fat mouthing the ones who made it possible for you to be here. I mean come on, lets get real, their is nothing superior about jamaicans your economy is based on serving whites in humiliation while jamaican blacks live in abject sqaulor working for slave wages. african americans are the most wealthiest blacks and the only blacks the world considers. african americans fought tooth and nail to make their conditions better, while you ran from yours showing up in different countries becoming social parasites, and then you call us lazy?
pusey50

Springfield Gardens, NY

#5 Apr 11, 2010
PLEASE REMOVE THIS COMMENT TOPIC ,it is not helping the situation at this time .
trueamerican

New Orleans, LA

#6 Apr 11, 2010
I don't think that they feel that they are better than AA. Basically, I think the blacks from other countries are more secure and confident to that of the AA.They are not bombarded by babbages like the AA. Futhermore, AA are known to turn up their noses at anyone, becuase they think the world owe them forty acras and a mule. No one pays them any mind. By the way, I am a true American.
Memadiva

Philadelphia, PA

#7 Dec 2, 2010
As someone who is married to a Jamaican, and who deals with arrogance and ignorance of this culture by way of his family frequently, I must agree with "ifyoucan". I am African-American with both american and caribbean roots. I can't stand to be around them for a long period of time, because they constantly compare the cultures, often speaking negatively of african americans. I'm outspoken, so I constantly challenge their blatanly arrogant, obnoxious, and ignorant views.
Tunde

Europe

#8 Feb 3, 2011
I dont think we africans and jamaican ppl hate aa as far as i know.i think d issue is dat,we all see white america doing so well for themselves,and we wonder y a lot of aa arent taking advantage of being in one of d most developed countries in d world.instead of getting angry,aa should search their souls and ask themselves if the accusations are true.
Gwan

UK

#10 Aug 18, 2011
Well why not if no one else will love you who else will.
Gwan

UK

#11 Aug 18, 2011
I think as black people we need to love ourselves and have a bit more because right now the whloe world has no love for us.
lovely

Hackensack, NJ

#12 Aug 21, 2011
ifyoucan wrote:
I think it's jealousy if anything. if jamaicans are so superior...lol and work so hard, then why aren't they in jamaica trying to make that god forsaken, proverty and crime ridden island better? instead of fat mouthing the ones who made it possible for you to be here. I mean come on, lets get real, their is nothing superior about jamaicans your economy is based on serving whites in humiliation while jamaican blacks live in abject sqaulor working for slave wages. african americans are the most wealthiest blacks and the only blacks the world considers. african americans fought tooth and nail to make their conditions better, while you ran from yours showing up in different countries becoming social parasites, and then you call us lazy?
ok so this is why TMP wants this topic removed,a question was asked and u took it to a whole nother level,the question was not what do you think of jamaica and jamaicans,sounds like you havent been to jamaica though,you only see the worst parts of jamaica on YOUR tv.
Blacktigershark

Edmonton, Canada

#13 Aug 21, 2011
ifyoucan wrote:
I think it's jealousy if anything. if jamaicans are so superior...lol and work so hard, then why aren't they in jamaica trying to make that god forsaken, proverty and crime ridden island better? instead of fat mouthing the ones who made it possible for you to be here. I mean come on, lets get real, their is nothing superior about jamaicans your economy is based on serving whites in humiliation while jamaican blacks live in abject sqaulor working for slave wages. african americans are the most wealthiest blacks and the only blacks the world considers. african americans fought tooth and nail to make their conditions better, while you ran from yours showing up in different countries becoming social parasites, and then you call us lazy?
I had to laugh at this comment, as I try to picture if this poster is actually a Black person or not. As this uninformed, middle-class, ignorant poster with a God-complex wants to reign down on Jamaicans and other immigrants, this poster should be asking himself/herself who made it possible for him/her (or his/her ancestors) to come over and live in North America!

If Jamaica was such a God-forsaken country, then how come for the last decade or more, Jamaica has continually broken tourist records in the Caribbean, and has topped their tourist numbers every year following the last in that decade? Must be the 'crime', huh ifyoucan? LOL! I think the tourists that flock to Jamaica in droves realize that there is crime EVERYWHERE, as there is poverty, though, these tourists (unlike ifyoucan, and other haters) are able to afford to take trips to Jamaica, and enjoy their stay (so much for ifyoucan placing himself/herself on a pedestal, proclaiming that he/she is an American Black citizen that has more money than any other Black in the Caribbean or in Africa!).

ifyoucan talks about Blacks in other countries running from their masters. This is where ifyoucan's education is really lacking! The reason Jamaica stands out is because they emancipated themselves from their colonial masters, after years of fighting of slavery and oppression. When slaves in AMERICA were unable to make it up north to Canada, they were welcomed to places like Haiti and Jamaica. During the American civil rights movement, Jamaica openly supported the movement, while offering asylum to political refugees and Black activists, such as the Black Panthers. Jamaica was among the first nations to speak out against the oppressive regimes in America and in South Africa. When America supported South Africa's apartheid regime in the 1960's and 1970's, Jamaica was quick to condemn both nations. Jamaica also make a name for itself in being a sovereign country, when Jamaica chose to do business with Cuba, when America placed embargoes on Cuba, simply because of Cuba being communist. Jamaica has defined itself as a country that can weather all storms, and makes its own choices, and can stand on its own. Maybe if ifyoucan's grandparents or great-grandparents were alive, they may be able to tell this child how integral Jamaica's existence is to Black Americans like him/her. Without Jamaica taking a stand against America's repressive environment against Blacks in America, and supporting Blacks in America to gain equality, as they had earlier through emancipation, the likelihood of American Blacks still living in this repressive slave-state of America could still be the norm today. Yet it is as trueamerican says in this thread though, despite all that Black Americans have received from others, some Black Americans still think that they are owed an acre of land and a mule. If that's the case, and the Blacks in every other part of the world give you what you're asking for, ifyoucan, what are you prepared to give them back in return? A head toss, and your nose high up in the air, acting like you don't know them, and you have no obligation to help them out back? No wonder Blacks can't advance on this planet!
Adam

UK

#14 Aug 27, 2011
All blacks in africa carribean americas should support help each other case simple.
Black man

Hicksville, NY

#15 Oct 4, 2011
Adam wrote:
All blacks in africa carribean americas should support help each other case simple.
I couldn'tagree more
BLACK AMERICAN PRINCE

Singapore, Singapore

#16 Oct 18, 2011
Jamaica is a sh*t hole, that is why Jamaicans crawl their black azzes over to the United States in the first place. American Blacks are the wealthiest black ethnicity on earth; if we were our own country we would be the 8th largest economy on earth. We are by far wealthier than Jamaicans and this is a verifyable fact.

Jamaicans live in shacks and shantytowns outside of the major resort towns, and your whole economies are built around serving whites. How pathetic! If the whites chose to stop eating, sleeping, and sh*tting in Jamaica, the place would crumble. It would revert right back into Africa.

The problem with Jamaicans is that they compare themselves to the LOWEST COMMON DENOMINATOR of Black Americans because that's all they CAN compare to. If they compared the Black American middle and upper classes to the Jamaican middle and upper class, ours would clearly come out on top. It just goes to show how broke Jamaica is as a country that they come here and compare themselves to the poorest of Black Americans.
Blacktigershark

Edmonton, Canada

#17 Oct 18, 2011
BLACK AMERICAN PRINCE wrote:
Jamaica is a sh*t hole, that is why Jamaicans crawl their black azzes over to the United States in the first place. American Blacks are the wealthiest black ethnicity on earth; if we were our own country we would be the 8th largest economy on earth. We are by far wealthier than Jamaicans and this is a verifyable fact.
Jamaicans live in shacks and shantytowns outside of the major resort towns, and your whole economies are built around serving whites. How pathetic! If the whites chose to stop eating, sleeping, and sh*tting in Jamaica, the place would crumble. It would revert right back into Africa.
The problem with Jamaicans is that they compare themselves to the LOWEST COMMON DENOMINATOR of Black Americans because that's all they CAN compare to. If they compared the Black American middle and upper classes to the Jamaican middle and upper class, ours would clearly come out on top. It just goes to show how broke Jamaica is as a country that they come here and compare themselves to the poorest of Black Americans.
I guess you must be the poorest Black in the world, as you are in Singapore, huh?

I would like you to show where it shows that Black Americans are the wealthiest Blacks on the planet, fool! You talk out of your ass, kid...What is this shit about if Black Americans were able to make their own country, and being the 8th largest economy in the world? Now I thought Bigottellerxxx was smoking soapstone, but I now realize that you must be smoking that with some limestone and granite dust, crackerjack!

You ever been to Jamaica, dumbass? How you be stating that Jamaicans set up shantytowns just outside of large towns in Jamaica? Many Jamaicans build houses, houses that most Americans only wish that they had! Most ignorant people look at money, and that's what they attribute success with, though it is funny how there are many Americans that are middle class citizens, and are not able to afford their homes, cars and live paycheck to paycheck, however, there are many Jamaicans that are able to put food on their tables, have their own houses that won't be repossessed, work and make a living, live off of the land, build their own homes and such, though because not much money is needed to keep these Jamaicans afloat, there are idiots like the above poster that see Jamaicans as failures! Well, WACK AMERICAN GINCH, why don't you live the rest of your life in the abundant U.S. of A, and never leave that wonderful nation? Oh, that's right...it is because you can't AFFORD to live in America...yet you trying to bomb on Jamaicans? You a true idiot, yo, and it is people like you that continue to stand by and say,'I made it, and I'm privileged now, and society likes me, because I'm an American Black, and who cares if Blacks in other places are getting exploited? I'm not like those Blacks...I'm not THAT type of Black...I'm better than those Black people! I'm not a slave!'

It wouldn't surprise me if while you are on that mindset, that you are trying to admire the blood diamond in your earring, while savouring on a piece of chocolate that was made from the labours of child slave labour in Ivory Coast, punk! You are truly a loser, and I highly even doubt that you are one of the rich Black American elite! You must forget that there are rich Blacks in other parts of the world, and with the economy taking quite a downturn, I would be hard-pressed to know of many Black Americans that have decided to remain in America...I wouldn't be surprised if there were more rich Blacks in Canada than America now! And by the way...you are in SINGAPORE, right? LOL!
Boban

Cicero, IL

#18 Oct 31, 2011
Blacktigershark wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you must be the poorest Black in the world, as you are in Singapore, huh?
I would like you to show where it shows that Black Americans are the wealthiest Blacks on the planet, fool! You talk out of your ass, kid...What is this shit about if Black Americans were able to make their own country, and being the 8th largest economy in the world? Now I thought Bigottellerxxx was smoking soapstone, but I now realize that you must be smoking that with some limestone and granite dust, crackerjack!
You ever been to Jamaica, dumbass? How you be stating that Jamaicans set up shantytowns just outside of large towns in Jamaica? Many Jamaicans build houses, houses that most Americans only wish that they had! Most ignorant people look at money, and that's what they attribute success with, though it is funny how there are many Americans that are middle class citizens, and are not able to afford their homes, cars and live paycheck to paycheck, however, there are many Jamaicans that are able to put food on their tables, have their own houses that won't be repossessed, work and make a living, live off of the land, build their own homes and such, though because not much money is needed to keep these Jamaicans afloat, there are idiots like the above poster that see Jamaicans as failures! Well, WACK AMERICAN GINCH, why don't you live the rest of your life in the abundant U.S. of A, and never leave that wonderful nation? Oh, that's right...it is because you can't AFFORD to live in America...yet you trying to bomb on Jamaicans? You a true idiot, yo, and it is people like you that continue to stand by and say,'I made it, and I'm privileged now, and society likes me, because I'm an American Black, and who cares if Blacks in other places are getting exploited? I'm not like those Blacks...I'm not THAT type of Black...I'm better than those Black people! I'm not a slave!'
It wouldn't surprise me if while you are on that mindset, that you are trying to admire the blood diamond in your earring, while savouring on a piece of chocolate that was made from the labours of child slave labour in Ivory Coast, punk! You are truly a loser, and I highly even doubt that you are one of the rich Black American elite! You must forget that there are rich Blacks in other parts of the world, and with the economy taking quite a downturn, I would be hard-pressed to know of many Black Americans that have decided to remain in America...I wouldn't be surprised if there were more rich Blacks in Canada than America now! And by the way...you are in SINGAPORE, right? LOL!
Another example of your BS. Collectively African-Americans are the wealthiest blacks in the world.
http://www.finalcall.com/artman/publish/artic...
Blacktigershark

Edmonton, Canada

#19 Oct 31, 2011
Boban wrote:
<quoted text>
Another example of your BS. Collectively African-Americans are the wealthiest blacks in the world.
http://www.finalcall.com/artman/publish/artic...
And the study was conducted and certified by who again? Don't believe everything that you hear or read, Boban...you are likely to make yourself look like a fool!
boban

Cicero, IL

#20 Oct 31, 2011
I guess you would know how that feels. LOL

At least I give links to back up my beliefs, instead of arbitrarily attacking people about things that are only your opinion.

So refute me smart guy. Show me a link that refutes the info in mine. If you can't then STFU.

Or do you need another link to look even more stupid.

honestly this is getting to easy and I am starting to become with you, negroe. LOL
Blacktigershark

Edmonton, Canada

#21 Oct 31, 2011
boban wrote:
I guess you would know how that feels. LOL
At least I give links to back up my beliefs, instead of arbitrarily attacking people about things that are only your opinion.
So refute me smart guy. Show me a link that refutes the info in mine. If you can't then STFU.
Or do you need another link to look even more stupid.
honestly this is getting to easy and I am starting to become with you, negroe. LOL
That's like some Serbians saying that Croatians are fascist genocidal freaks...and I'm sure that I could find a Serbian link that would have a lot of fanatical statistics and stories that corroborate what these people that place their links up on the internet, though does that make them true? Posting links doesn't prove your point, Boban! Posting links only shows that you are able to use GOOGLE...congratulations, dumbass!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jamaica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jamaican Pastor Angers Congregation by Washing ... Dec 16 Yakitori 8
Why are most Jamaican people so ugly ? (Apr '12) Dec 16 T MAN 2,449
why women love jamaican men ? (Jul '13) Dec 15 MEXGirl 47
Peritols (Apr '13) Dec 15 Makaveli 9
Brazil Is Worst Example in Japan's Conspiracy (May '12) Dec 15 fukuda 14
Jamaicans VS Nigerians (Apr '12) Dec 14 Andrew 147
Salvation Dec 13 Sosthenes 1
More from around the web