Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 Full story: News24 14,477

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking. Full Story

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#14826 Oct 4, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL Evolution theory says dinosaurs sprouted wings and became a new species called birds. If you're saying humans can't also sprout wings and evolve into a new species, it's you who really doesn't understand evolution theory, bubba.
It's you who doesn't understand, we have already invented our flying machines and therefore we have thwarted any need for humans to spend a few million years on evolving wings.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#14827 Oct 4, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Evolution theory says certain dinosaurs evolved wings and took advantage of an unexploited (by dinosaurs) ecological niche ... the air. Human Beings are perfected adapted to their environment and where they are not, they adapted the environment to suit them (thanks to their highly evolved brains). We are unlikely to "sprout wings" except in Heaven, of course, when we become angels.
We?
Those angels are really vampires. Seriously, one is no more believable than the other, and the Christains are at least following the protocol to become vampires. They drink the blood of their "risen from the dead" Rabbi, and then they too will come back from the dead, to "live?" an eternal and immortal life.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#14828 Oct 4, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, Jesus Zombie.
It is Christainity which practices the old Pagan rituals of cannibalism, the eating of the dead human flesh of one who was admired or honored.
When a leader or a warrior died, the Pagans ate his flesh to assume his strengths.
Next, the drinking of blood is vampirism, designed to awaken one from death, and grant immortality.
And will you arise from your grave and join your Zombie Jesus an admired and beloved leader, to live forever?
Christains are really Pagans, Cannibals, Vampires and wanta be Zombies!
I am not an evolutionist. In fact, I know almost nothing about it.
I am an animal, a primate, and a human. It is what all humans are, you can't escape it. It is our classification, we must fall into one of these three categories, "animal, vegetable or mineral". If you look up the word's actual meanings, they may be quite different than you now believe.
Now if you want respect for your beliefs, you would have to get some that are less insane. In the holy buybull, you have a god who doesn't want any man with less than perfect danglies(genitalia), coming near his altars.
You have a god who when angry, will make you eat your children.
You have a god who thinks that, insects have only four legs.
You have a god who is made happy when two hundred foreskins are given to him.
You have a god who loves the smell of burning flesh, and he does sometimes require that people be offered as sacrifice to him.
And the only happiness in the entire buybull seems to be the return of a prodigal son and bashing babies heads against rocks.
You will garner no respect in these threads.
In John 6:48-58 Christians are required to eat Jesus' body and drink his body to be saved. This is also mentioned in the OT. Psalm 16:4 "Their sorrows shall be multiplied that hasten after another god: their drink offerings of blood will I not offer, nor take up their names into my lips" It's a sin to even speak the name of another god. This is probably what happened to the body, they stole it and ate it.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#14829 Oct 4, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>We?
Those angels are really vampires. Seriously, one is no more believable than the other, and the Christains are at least following the protocol to become vampires. They drink the blood of their "risen from the dead" Rabbi, and then they too will come back from the dead, to "live?" an eternal and immortal life.
Ancient Man was so anxious to "sprout wings" the 'bots had to invent Angels!

“In God we trust”

Since: Dec 12

Cape Town, South Africa

#14830 Oct 4, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>In John 6:48-58 Christians are required to eat Jesus' body and drink his body to be saved. This is also mentioned in the OT. Psalm 16:4 "Their sorrows shall be multiplied that hasten after another god: their drink offerings of blood will I not offer, nor take up their names into my lips" It's a sin to even speak the name of another god. This is probably what happened to the body, they stole it and ate it.
IDIOT! You read but just don't understand the bible. You seriously think God said EAT JESUS! I know you guys hate religion, but use real facts.

Texas, USA

#14831 Oct 4, 2013
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
IDIOT! You read but just don't understand the bible. You seriously think God said EAT JESUS! I know you guys hate religion, but use real facts.
First off ... nobody hates religion! Without religion you wouldn't have ... er ... we would need ... hmmmm ... it would be really bad because ... uh ... <somebody help me out here>

Second ... Jesus, the MAN himself said "this is my blood you drink, this is my body you eat" ... so, I think we understand that just fine!

Third ... The Catholics say some magic words over crackers and grape juice (wine? I know the Baptists use grape juice, they being so much less sinful than the Catholics)... literally and magically transforming them to REAL FLESH AND BLOOD OF JESUS!!! And if you don't believe me just ask one of 'em.

Those are real facts!
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#14832 Oct 5, 2013
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus said to eat Jesus, not God. Did you read the scripture reference? That is what it says. Do you know what communion represents? You are symbolically eating the body of Jesus and drinking his blood. God does not approve of human sacrifice or cannibalism.

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

#14833 Oct 5, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Evolution theory says certain dinosaurs evolved wings and took advantage of an unexploited (by dinosaurs) ecological niche ... the air. Human Beings are perfected adapted to their environment and where they are not, they adapted the environment to suit them (thanks to their highly evolved brains). We are unlikely to "sprout wings" except in Heaven, of course, when we become angels.
LOL I agree that humans, i.e. Adamic humans, were genetically designed in such a way as to be perfectly adapted to the environment in which they arose, but there is no scientific evidence to support your theory that humans are capable of adapting the environment to suit them. In fact, all the latest scientific evidence says just the opposite, that humans have made a mess of the environment and that mess is triggering responses in our genes which are the causes of a multitude of birth defects and diseases.

Apparently man's "highly evolved brains" haven't been able to grasp or accept the fact that there is a system, an order to everything on this planet which is designed to automatically delete anything or anyone that doesn't exist in harmony with the system. All this stuff was covered in Deuteronomy 29, bubba. Didn't you get the memo?

Texas, USA

#14834 Oct 5, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL I agree that humans, i.e. Adamic humans, were genetically designed in such a way as to be perfectly adapted to the environment in which they arose, but there is no scientific evidence to support your theory that humans are capable of adapting the environment to suit them. In fact, all the latest scientific evidence says just the opposite, that humans have made a mess of the environment and that mess is triggering responses in our genes which are the causes of a multitude of birth defects and diseases.
Apparently man's "highly evolved brains" haven't been able to grasp or accept the fact that there is a system, an order to everything on this planet which is designed to automatically delete anything or anyone that doesn't exist in harmony with the system. All this stuff was covered in Deuteronomy 29, bubba. Didn't you get the memo?
Some of us, it seems, are more perfect than others. You don't have Air Conditioning on your planet? How about fire? Do you use fire yet? Own a jacket? How about an animal skin? Ever get in out of the rain?

The primary 'problem' between Humans and the environment is attributable to over-population and conspicuous consumption. Both of these interesting attributes, according to the 'Intelligent Designer' theory, must have been designed into us. Not sure why HE wanted us to over-populate or pollute our planet ... but there's no other logical explanation. As if our 'designed in' biological imperatives were not enough, he had to go command us to 'multiply and be prosperous' or something to that effect. Mysterious ways, indeed!!

Of course, we may just be acting the way 'intelligent apes' would act. Screwing like there's no tomorrow and gathering all the nuts and berries we can carry ... the heck with everybody else. Kind of what the other animals do, kind of what you 'need to succeed' in the Animal Kingdom.

So if we manage to constrain ourselves, we're either going against the Master Plan of the Great Intelligent Designer of the Universe or we're actually 'evolving' out of our animal past. Think I like Door Number 2.

United States of America

#14835 Oct 6, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Some of us, it seems, are more perfect than others. You don't have Air Conditioning on your planet? How about fire? Do you use fire yet? Own a jacket? How about an animal skin? Ever get in out of the rain?
The primary 'problem' between Humans and the environment is attributable to over-population and conspicuous consumption. Both of these interesting attributes, according to the 'Intelligent Designer' theory, must have been designed into us. Not sure why HE wanted us to over-populate or pollute our planet ... but there's no other logical explanation. As if our 'designed in' biological imperatives were not enough, he had to go command us to 'multiply and be prosperous' or something to that effect. Mysterious ways, indeed!!
Of course, we may just be acting the way 'intelligent apes' would act. Screwing like there's no tomorrow and gathering all the nuts and berries we can carry ... the heck with everybody else. Kind of what the other animals do, kind of what you 'need to succeed' in the Animal Kingdom.
So if we manage to constrain ourselves, we're either going against the Master Plan of the Great Intelligent Designer of the Universe or we're actually 'evolving' out of our animal past. Think I like Door Number 2.
The examples you cited pertain to non-physiologial changes in humans--NOT physiological changes to adapt to environmental changes--and it was the Neanderthals who figured out how to make fire to keep warm and cook their food over 50,000 years ago, not modern humans. Odd that you haven't cited ANY examples of humans using their superior brains to make ANY beneficial changes to their environment. Can't think of any?

Suggest you study the actual social organizations of different ape species instead of reciting your atheist mythologies justifying human "screwing" and hoarding as animal like. Fact: every animal species on this planet, including apes, has demonstrated social organizations which are vastly superior to most human societies, especially in the art of living in harmony with their fellows and their environments.

Basically the study of evolution is the study of how once thriving species became extinct. In the case of humans, the first five extinction events were likely due to rapid, radical environmental changes in which “only a remnant” survived, i.e. humans did not have the capacity to evolve to adapt to their environment. The causes of the sixth human extinction event will likely be man made--war, pollution, famine, disease--all attributable to human greed and human indifference and/or an active hatred of other humans due to__________fill in the blank). In this case, humans do have the capacity to evolve mentally, emotionally and spiritually to meet the present and future challenges and avoid the consequences of their actions/behavior--but it is abundantly clear most lack the will to save either themselves or this planet....

Texas, USA

#14836 Oct 6, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
The examples you cited pertain to non-physiologial changes in humans--NOT physiological changes to adapt to environmental changes--and it was the Neanderthals who figured out how to make fire to keep warm and cook their food over 50,000 years ago, not modern humans. Odd that you haven't cited ANY examples of humans using their superior brains to make ANY beneficial changes to their environment. Can't think of any?
Suggest you study the actual social organizations of different ape species instead of reciting your atheist mythologies justifying human "screwing" and hoarding as animal like. Fact: every animal species on this planet, including apes, has demonstrated social organizations which are vastly superior to most human societies, especially in the art of living in harmony with their fellows and their environments.
Basically the study of evolution is the study of how once thriving species became extinct. In the case of humans, the first five extinction events were likely due to rapid, radical environmental changes in which “only a remnant” survived, i.e. humans did not have the capacity to evolve to adapt to their environment. The causes of the sixth human extinction event will likely be man made--war, pollution, famine, disease--all attributable to human greed and human indifference and/or an active hatred of other humans due to__________fill in the blank). In this case, humans do have the capacity to evolve mentally, emotionally and spiritually to meet the present and future challenges and avoid the consequences of their actions/behavior--but it is abundantly clear most lack the will to save either themselves or this planet....
When you can modify your local environment to suit your physical limitations or requirements, physiological evolution virtually stops. The evolutionary advantage goes to the ones who are 'best' at adapting their environment ... the smarter ones ... not the furrier ones, brawnier ones, taller ones, etc.

You don't give "modern Humans" much credit for anything ... why is that? We're here, the Neanderthals are not. We must have done SOMETHING right. Similarly, the Hindus aren't exactly Masters of the Universe either, that is evolution in action. Survival of the Fittest. Simple really.

Well, we are either God's special creation or we are products of a natural evolutionary process. If we are 'God's Special Creation' then we have sinned and deserve to die. Is that why you are down on "modern Humans"? In either case we are theoretically able to save ourselves, either by becoming better 'bots or better stewards of the planet. Admittedly, unlikely in both cases. Therefore the outcome is the same regardless and the entire matter of 'what you believe' remains rather pointless.

Actually though ... that is a defeatist attitude. It justifies the 'bots 'great wailing and gnashing of teeth' as they (anxiously) await our inevitable destruction. In fact, we have a proven methodology available that has been shown capable of accomplishing almost anything ... science and technology. Why don't y'all sit down, be quiet and let us Modern Humans fix the problem?

United States of America

#14837 Oct 7, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
When you can modify your local environment to suit your physical limitations or requirements, physiological evolution virtually stops. The evolutionary advantage goes to the ones who are 'best' at adapting their environment ... the smarter ones ... not the furrier ones, brawnier ones, taller ones, etc.
LOL Turning on an air conditioner or buying a warmer coat hardly qualifies as a modification of the “local environment”, and both of these creature comforts will soon become prohibitively expensive and/or disappear before the middle of this century arrives because of rapidly disappearing fossil fuels.
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>You don't give "modern Humans" much credit for anything ... why is that? We're here, the Neanderthals are not. We must have done SOMETHING right. Similarly, the Hindus aren't exactly Masters of the Universe either, that is evolution in action. Survival of the Fittest. Simple really.
Jared Diamond proposed that Neanderthals went extinct for the same reason that all indigneous peoples have become extinct or nearly extinct---modern humans killed them off, usually to steal what they had. Is that what you call doing “SOMETHING right”?
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>Well, we are either God's special creation or we are products of a natural evolutionary process. If we are 'God's Special Creation' then we have sinned and deserve to die. Is that why you are down on "modern Humans"? In either case we are theoretically able to save ourselves, either by becoming better 'bots or better stewards of the planet. Admittedly, unlikely in both cases. Therefore the outcome is the same regardless and the entire matter of 'what you believe' remains rather pointless.

Actually though ... that is a defeatist attitude. It justifies the 'bots 'great wailing and gnashing of teeth' as they (anxiously) await our inevitable destruction. In fact, we have a proven methodology available that has been shown capable of accomplishing almost anything ... science and technology. Why don't y'all sit down, be quiet and let us Modern Humans fix the problem?
Who says humans are “God’s Special Creation”? As Mark Twain observed, humans were the only ones of His creations God did NOT call good in Genesis 1. Do you really believe humans who deny God, who teach others to deny God, who lie, cheat, steal, and murder for power and personal gain, who have utterly failed to be responsible stewards of this planet are actually more important to God than the sparrows or the lillies of the field? LOL

And how are you atheists gonna fix the problem, bubba? All you atheists have done is replace God with your own version of a “golden calf” a delusional mental construct of what you atheists call “Science”.

“Science” will rescue me says the atheist fool. "You are my god!" Such stupidity and ignorance! Their eyes are closed, and they cannot see. Their minds are shut, and they cannot think. The person who made the idol never stops to reflect, "Why, it's just a block of wood! I burned half of it for heat and used it to bake my bread and roast my meat. How can the rest of it be a god? Should I bow down to worship a chunk of wood?" The poor, deluded fool feeds on ashes. He is trusting something that can give him no help at all. Yet he cannot bring himself to ask, "Is this thing, this idol that I'm holding in my hand, a lie?" -- Isaiah 17-20

LOL Good luck with your “golden calf”....

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#14838 Oct 8, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL Turning on an air conditioner or buying a warmer coat hardly qualifies as a modification of the “local environment”, and both of these creature comforts will soon become prohibitively expensive and/or disappear before the middle of this century arrives because of rapidly disappearing fossil fuels.
<quoted text>
Jared Diamond proposed that Neanderthals went extinct for the same reason that all indigneous peoples have become extinct or nearly extinct---modern humans killed them off, usually to steal what they had. Is that what you call doing “SOMETHING right”?
<quoted text>
Who says humans are “God’s Special Creation”? As Mark Twain observed, humans were the only ones of His creations God did NOT call good in Genesis 1. Do you really believe humans who deny God, who teach others to deny God, who lie, cheat, steal, and murder for power and personal gain, who have utterly failed to be responsible stewards of this planet are actually more important to God than the sparrows or the lillies of the field? LOL
And how are you atheists gonna fix the problem, bubba? All you atheists have done is replace God with your own version of a “golden calf” a delusional mental construct of what you atheists call “Science”.
“Science” will rescue me says the atheist fool. "You are my god!" Such stupidity and ignorance! Their eyes are closed, and they cannot see. Their minds are shut, and they cannot think. The person who made the idol never stops to reflect, "Why, it's just a block of wood! I burned half of it for heat and used it to bake my bread and roast my meat. How can the rest of it be a god? Should I bow down to worship a chunk of wood?" The poor, deluded fool feeds on ashes. He is trusting something that can give him no help at all. Yet he cannot bring himself to ask, "Is this thing, this idol that I'm holding in my hand, a lie?" -- Isaiah 17-20
There's no such thing as god, its just your mental illness speaking, in denial of the facts.

Location hidden

#14839 Oct 8, 2013
When cowardly creationists with no proof of god can decide to become honest decent citizens who can tell the truth, the world will be a much nicer place to live in.

“In God we trust”

Since: Dec 12

Cape Town, South Africa

#14840 Oct 8, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
When cowardly creationists with no proof of god can decide to become honest decent citizens who can tell the truth, the world will be a much nicer place to live in.
Too bad we are already telling the truth

Location hidden

#14841 Oct 8, 2013
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
says the creationist liar with no proof of god.

Texas, USA

#14843 Oct 8, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Ah ... yes it is.

The richest billion are going to do fine, the poorest billion are going to die off and those of us stuck in the middle will continue to toil with little hope of succor.

I've read that there may have been some inter-breeding!

" http://discovermagazine.com/2013/march/14-int... ;

Doesn't sound like killing them off to steal their stuff to me. What killed them off is their environment changed, possibly by the introduction of "modern Humans", they were unable to adapt and they went extinct. End of story.

I don't know what's important to God. I would venture to say that new born (innocent) Humans, sparrows and lilies of the field are all held in the same disregard. Or does your god cause the children to suffer for the sins of their 'father'? Hardly sporting.

Science has a proven track record whereas appeals to deity result in effects indistinguishable from chance.

" http://sequestration.mit.edu/tools/projects/&... ;

Science without a supportive government and a knowledgeable population is powerless.'Bots are dead set to keep this from happening. Best y'all stay out of it.

Texas, USA

#14844 Oct 8, 2013
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
Truthfully recounting what you've been taught to believe (without a shred of evidence) is what y'all are doing. A dangerous lesson and a poor example unless, of course, you WANT your children and your children's children to become religious automatons (AKA Bots or godbots).

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#14845 Oct 9, 2013
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is it that your "truth" can't be shown to be true?

Location hidden

#14849 Oct 16, 2013
chipped nails wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for reminding us how weak and feeble your mind is.
Says the liar with no proof of god.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Israel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Japanese Mighty War Weapon Is Deception Conspiracy (Nov '12) 5 min fukuda 6
2014 frustrates US hopes for Israeli-Palestinia... 6 min Belgian expat 2
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 11 min Sacchar 37,818
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 23 min JOEL 71,063
omg.... 48 min Test 4
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr TRD 68,885
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 2 hr scirocco 119,660
More from around the web