Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: News24

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.
Comments
12,801 - 12,820 of 14,385 Comments Last updated Nov 23, 2013

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Judged:

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
It is simply false that Ramanujan had 'no education' and had 'no access to books'.
From the Wikipedia article:

And it is the view of Ramanujan's biographer that his ability ccame from an obsession with mathematics. He worked much harder at it than most people and achieved much more.
Now why did you choose to omit this first part of your cut&paste from the Wikipedia article?

"Srinivasa Ramanujan FRS ( pronunciation (help·info))(Tamil: &#3000;&#3021;&#29 92;&#3008;&#2985;& #3007;&#2997;&#3006; &#3000; &#2992;&#3006;&#29 90;&#3006;&#2985;& #3009;&#2972;&#2985; &#3021;; 22 December 1887 – 26 April 1920) was an Indian mathematician and autodidact who, with almost no formal training in pure mathematics, made extraordinary contributions to mathematical analysis, number theory, infinite series, and continued fractions. Living in India with no access to the larger mathematical community, which was centred in Europe at the time, Ramanujan developed his own mathematical research in isolation. As a result, he sometimes rediscovered known theorems in addition to producing new work. Ramanujan was said to be a natural genius by the English mathematician G. H. Hardy, in the same league as mathematicians such as Euler and Gauss.[1] He died at the age of 32....."

Are you aware that "autodidact" means self-taught?

You implied that Ramanujan had only one biographer and omitted this part of the article as well:

"Ramanujan's first Indian biographers describe him as rigorously orthodox. Ramanujan credited his acumen to his family Goddess, Namagiri of Namakkal. He looked to her for inspiration in his work,[84] and claimed to dream of blood drops that symbolised her male consort, Narasimha, after which he would receive visions of scrolls of complex mathematical content unfolding before his eyes.[85] He often said, "An equation for me has no meaning, unless it represents a thought of God."[86][87]"

What Ramanugan discovered in these visions of scrolls cannot be explained by your atheistic rationalizations.

."....No one was talking about black holes back in the 1920s when Ramanujan first came up with mock modular forms, and yet, his work may unlock secrets about them," Ono says.

Expansion of modular forms is one of the fundamental tools for computing the entropy of a modular black hole. Some black holes, however, are not modular, but the new formula based on Ramanujan's vision may allow physicists to compute their entropy as though they were....."

http://phys.org/news/2012-12-math-formula-gli...
Fqtantum

In the 1920's our scientists were still working on making "iron birds fly" and "horses run on wheels" per the 8th century Tibetan prophecy that predicted the invention of these things would precede the scattering of the Tibetan people to all parts of the earth. Our scientists didn't start talking about black holes in space until 1958.

United States of America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Judged:

Dak-Original wrote:
<quoted text>
90% of Ashkenazi Jews? Or do you mean 90% of their DNA? However, I have not seen any evidence of the sort but then the same would apply even to most Arab genes, too. Cultural matters are not always related to the DNA. Why not think before you post?
Here's what I wrote again:

Genetic tests indicates that 90% of todays Jews, i.e. the Ashkenazi, never had any ancestors who "wandered" around the Middle East, therefore Ashkenazi Jews can not possibly be the blood descendants of Abraham nor do they have any ancestral ties to any country in the ME, including Palestine.

Ashkenazi Jew genes and Arab genes are not similar. Palestinian Arab genes, regardless of their religious affiliation, i.e. Jew, Christian, Muslim, Samaritan, etc., and ME Arab genes in general test positive for the same haplogroups found in blacks of North Africa. NO Ashkenazi Jew genes have this gene marker. The "smoking gun" gene marker they do have indicating their Kazarian ancestry is the haplogroup Q gene marker.

Ashkenazi Jews are not and never were the descendants of Abraham or any Israelites, Palestine is not and never was their ancestral homeland, and they have absolutely NO cultural ties to ANY country in the Middle East. As Helen Thomas said: "The Jews need to get the hell out of Palestine."

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Judged:

ezdzit wrote:
And I am not denying he was mostly self-taught. But it is a fasehood to say he had NO education and NO access to math books.
"Ramanujan's first Indian biographers describe him as rigorously orthodox. Ramanujan credited his acumen to his family Goddess, Namagiri of Namakkal. He looked to her for inspiration in his work,[84] and claimed to dream of blood drops that symbolised her male consort, Narasimha, after which he would receive visions of scrolls of complex mathematical content unfolding before his eyes.[85] He often said, "An equation for me has no meaning, unless it represents a thought of God."[86][87]"
Which is problematic given that some of his 'revelations' were false.
What Ramanugan discovered in these visions of scrolls cannot be explained by your atheistic rationalizations.
I disagree. Ramanujan was obsessed about mathematics; that is part of the reason he had the insights he did. He worked quite hard and, by the way, supplied no proofs. At times his insights were wrong, although surprisingly infrequently.
."....No one was talking about black holes back in the 1920s when Ramanujan first came up with mock modular forms, and yet, his work may unlock secrets about them," Ono says.
That does not mean that Ramqanujan was working on black holes or even envisioned them. it means that some of his work has found applications to them. This happens all the time in math: what was invented for the 'fun' of it later finds applications.

United States of America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Judged:

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
And I am not denying he was mostly self-taught. But it is a fasehood to say he had NO education and NO access to math books.
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
I disagree. Ramanujan was obsessed about mathematics; that is part of the reason he had the insights he did. He worked quite hard and, by the way, supplied no proofs. At times his insights were wrong, although surprisingly infrequently.
<quoted text>
That does not mean that Ramqanujan was working on black holes or even envisioned them. it means that some of his work has found applications to them. This happens all the time in math: what was invented for the 'fun' of it later finds applications.
What is most significant to me about your response to a phenomena like Ramanujan is the way your mind seems to select information/opinions about him which fit into your particular mental construct of reality and disregards anything that doesn't. This particular kind of mental processing seems to be part of the human condition in general and is certainly not unique to atheists or Christians or followers of any other belief system. What this kind of mental processing says to me is that the ancient prophet/sage Isaiah was correct in observing that ANY belief system "learned by rote" makes people blind, deaf, and willfully ignorant of truth.

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Judged:

Well said. This is a classic case of a believer projecting their wishes.

Shall we say anyone who makes a breakthrough as being inspired by this imaginary god? Of course not.
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>And I am not denying he was mostly self-taught. But it is a fasehood to say he had NO education and NO access to math books.

[QUOTE]"Ramanujan's first Indian biographers describe him as rigorously orthodox. Ramanujan credited his acumen to his family Goddess, Namagiri of Namakkal. He looked to her for inspiration in his work,[84] and claimed to dream of blood drops that symbolised her male consort, Narasimha, after which he would receive visions of scrolls of complex mathematical content unfolding before his eyes.[85] He often said, "An equation for me has no meaning, unless it represents a thought of God."[86][87]""

[QUOTE]What Ramanugan discovered in these visions of scrolls cannot be explained by your atheistic rationalizations."

[QUOTE]."....No one was talking about black holes back in the 1920s when Ramanujan first came up with mock modular forms, and yet, his work may unlock secrets about them," Ono says."

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Judged:

Rama was a well educated fabulously wealthy prince. When you have all day and unlimited resources you can figure out some math.
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>What is most significant to me about your response to a phenomena like Ramanujan is the way your mind seems to select information/opinions about him which fit into your particular mental construct of reality and disregards anything that doesn't. This particular kind of mental processing seems to be part of the human condition in general and is certainly not unique to atheists or Christians or followers of any other belief system. What this kind of mental processing says to me is that the ancient prophet/sage Isaiah was correct in observing that ANY belief system "learned by rote" makes people blind, deaf, and willfully ignorant of truth.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
I saw where you were posting from BEFORE you opted to hide your location. So did Gray. So did Syrian. You're are a lying, thieving, murdering zionazi Jew who lives and posts from Israel and shills Islamophobia propoganda for shekels.
Why don't turn of the hide your location feature and show where you're posting from?
You are a lying, thieving murdering Islamofascist who works for Pakistan.

Why don't you turn off the hide your location feature and show where you are posting from?

United States of America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Judged:

waleed sadat wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you turn off the hide your location feature and show where you are posting from?
The hide my location IS TURNED OFF, bubba.

Now turn off the hide location feature on your profile and let everyone see what country you are posting from.

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Judged:

Yes because you are a coward.
ezdzit wrote:

Now turn off the hide location feature on your profile and let everyone see what country you are posting from.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
No, bubba. Show us the city you post from. Are you afraid to reveal your city, bubba? You modified your location, bubba because you are a filthy pompous liar with a double standard.

United States of America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Judged:

waleed sadat wrote:
<quoted text>
Come on, Waleeeeeeeeeeeed.

Turn off the hide your location and show everybody where you are posting from.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Judged:

ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's what I wrote again:
Genetic tests indicates that 90% of todays Jews, i.e. the Ashkenazi, never had any ancestors who "wandered" around the Middle East, therefore Ashkenazi Jews can not possibly be the blood descendants of Abraham nor do they have any ancestral ties to any country in the ME, including Palestine.
Ashkenazi Jew genes and Arab genes are not similar. Palestinian Arab genes, regardless of their religious affiliation, i.e. Jew, Christian, Muslim, Samaritan, etc., and ME Arab genes in general test positive for the same haplogroups found in blacks of North Africa. NO Ashkenazi Jew genes have this gene marker. The "smoking gun" gene marker they do have indicating their Kazarian ancestry is the haplogroup Q gene marker.
Ashkenazi Jews are not and never were the descendants of Abraham or any Israelites, Palestine is not and never was their ancestral homeland, and they have absolutely NO cultural ties to ANY country in the Middle East. As Helen Thomas said: "The Jews need to get the hell out of Palestine."
Mental illness is no grounds for a belief system of any kind.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong.
Prions do NOT have DNA but can transmit inherited traits.
There was much weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth when the theory of evolution fell onto its own DNA petard but....hey. That's the way the cookie crumbles, bubba.
"Prions are unprecedented infectious pathogens that cause a group of invariably fatal neurodegenerative diseases." <thank you National Institute of Health, PubMed>

What do "prions" have to do with the identification of DNA as the primary protein encoding molecule in genetics and evolution?

Nothing.
MUQ

Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
Actually whenever your holy Saudi family donates to anything they run to the press.
Your cherished holy Saudi family the so called ancestors of Muhammad have several harems filled with women from all over the world that they and several Imams and clerics go to have sex for money. And yet the Muslim community finds these self admitted whore mongers to be praise worthy!
Hahahaha!
<quoted text>
I do not defend any wrongs committed by any one. I only defend and clarify teachings of Islam.

What Saudi Kings do, they have to answer to Allah on the last day, on that day they will appear without any Title or Crowns, or any of their Body Guards.

He will decide what is to be done to them and what shall be done to us.

Every one will be paid back and there shall be no injustice done to any one.

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
That is such an inane pathetic response it doesn't rate even a "Bwaaaaahahahaha..."
I'm just trying to say that 'genius' is well within the human performance envelope. Even a casual study of Savants illustrate that it is more likely differences in how the minds of these people store, recall and process information than some magic pixie dust being sprinkled on them. But, you stick with your theories and I'll stick with mine.

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
You got it backassward, bubba.
Its the lying, thieving, murdering atheist Ashkenazi Jews who are claiming they are the descendants of Abraham and "oh so special".
Godbots think they're special. Always have, always will. You are just a variation on a theme. Plus, you seem to harbor a great many people ill will. Another godbot attribute you have in abundance. This is where the path to 'higher consciousness' leads? I don't think so, Bubba.

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not defend any wrongs committed by any one. I only defend and clarify teachings of Islam.
What Saudi Kings do, they have to answer to Allah on the last day, on that day they will appear without any Title or Crowns, or any of their Body Guards.
He will decide what is to be done to them and what shall be done to us.
Every one will be paid back and there shall be no injustice done to any one.
How's that 'opiate of the proletariat' thing working out for you?

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
100 % of their wealth goes to "charity" when they die!!
Not a single Riyal goes with them to the grave!!
What about those Billionaires in your country, that do not give to the charity? You hang them?
Really? Their kids get nothing? That is odd. Let's face it, some people have more money than they know what to do with. Giving massive amounts to charity is one thing, setting yourself up in a nice theocratic dictatorship is another. You know ... something to do.

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
In addition whatever wealth goes to charity after death, doesn't Islamic law call for all living Muslims to give a percentage of their money to help feed, clothe, and shelter the poor?
In the US, the Salvation Army and the Catholics operate homeless shelters, soup kitchens, and free rehab facilities in every major city in the US. Both are funded by private donations and sales from their thrift shops. They both do a great job here.
I think at the end of Ramadan they are expected to quit beating their slaves for a day and gift them a fresh scrap from the feast table.

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Now why did you choose to omit this first part of your cut&paste from the Wikipedia article?
"Srinivasa Ramanujan FRS ( pronunciation (help·info))(Tamil: &#3000;&#3021;&#29 92;&#3008;&#2985;& #3007;&#2997;&#3006; &#3000; &#2992;&#3006;&#29 90;&#3006;&#2985;& #3009;&#2972;&#2985; &#3021;; 22 December 1887 – 26 April 1920) was an Indian mathematician and autodidact who, with almost no formal training in pure mathematics, made extraordinary contributions to mathematical analysis, number theory, infinite series, and continued fractions. Living in India with no access to the larger mathematical community, which was centred in Europe at the time, Ramanujan developed his own mathematical research in isolation. As a result, he sometimes rediscovered known theorems in addition to producing new work. Ramanujan was said to be a natural genius by the English mathematician G. H. Hardy, in the same league as mathematicians such as Euler and Gauss.[1] He died at the age of 32....."
You implied that Ramanujan had only one biographer and omitted this part of the article as well:
Expansion of modular forms is one of the fundamental tools for computing the entropy of a modular black hole. Some black holes, however, are not modular, but the new formula based on Ramanujan's vision may allow physicists to compute their entropy as though they were....."
http://phys.org/news/2012-12-math-formula-gli...
Fqtantum
In the 1920's our scientists were still working on making "iron birds fly" and "horses run on wheels" per the 8th century Tibetan prophecy that predicted the invention of these things would precede the scattering of the Tibetan people to all parts of the earth. Our scientists didn't start talking about black holes in space until 1958.
I mean ... what's the big deal? There are probably millions of 'geniuses' out there right now scrubbing toilets or mucking stalls with incredible brilliance. The System, being religious in nature, is designed to keep them right there, doing what they do best! Religion is quite good at keeping them muted. That's why the occasional genius who gets recognized as such seems such a fluke.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••