Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 Full story: News24 14,477

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking. Full Story
Brit Expat

Marguerittes, France

#13300 Jul 15, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
You're entitled to your own opinions, but not your own "facts"
Bwaaaaaahahahahahhahhhahhahaha hahahhah.....
Hmmm. All is said and sums up religious types and thier response.

Bwaaaaaahahahahahhahhhahhahaha hahahhah... How very sad.

Cyril.
Dak-Original

Slough, UK

#13301 Jul 15, 2013
Brit Expat wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism is not a belief but a matter of logical fact.
A study of astronomy might be helpful.
As for your "atheist friend". Perhaps there was an underlying mental illness there?
Kindest regards. Cyril aged 83.
GOD or mystery behind matter, non-matter, physical laws. life and its urge to continue via transfer of genes, etc cannot be explained by astronomy only. Religions are all human constructs of recent few millenia at the most.

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

#13302 Jul 15, 2013
Dak-Original wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you are being a racist. Admittedly, Jews wanderings will change them as some admixture always occurs and the weather may induce some mutations. Did you not hear of Nigerian parents in London had a white baby and the DNA proved that the bay's father was her dad- a black Nigerian!
Okay, how would you call white muslim Syrians that I have met and you can see them on TV these days?
Genetic tests indicates that 90% of todays Jews, i.e. the Ashkenazi, never had any ancestors who "wandered" around the Middle East, therefore Ashkenazi Jews can not possibly be the blood descendants of Abraham nor do they have any ancestral ties to any country in the ME, including Palestine.

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

#13303 Jul 15, 2013
Brit Expat wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism is not a belief but a matter of logical fact.
A study of astronomy might be helpful.
As for your "atheist friend". Perhaps there was an underlying mental illness there?
Kindest regards. Cyril aged 83.
Atheism is just another man-made religion which is based on FAITH in a set of beliefs. You atheists have absolutely enormous faith that your mental constructs of reality actually represent objective reality despite all evidence to the contrary.
Brit Expat

Marguerittes, France

#13304 Jul 15, 2013
Dak-Original wrote:
<quoted text>
GOD or mystery behind matter, non-matter, physical laws. life and its urge to continue via transfer of genes, etc cannot be explained by astronomy only. Religions are all human constructs of recent few millenia at the most.
Agree again! Religion is man invented nonsense for control purposes.

Tell me religious types! Who wrote the bible/Quran ect ect. GOD or scheming men??? To control YOU!!!!!!!!! It's called POLITICS.

This religious nonsense shafts you daily. Grow up! You live and you die, sooner or later.

Cyril. Aged 83.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#13305 Jul 15, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's a big bite of reality for ya, bubba. The science of genetics does NOT have us all pegged genetically right back to your mythical "Primordial Ooze". The genetic trail for all modern humans ends with “the 7 Daughters of Eve” circa 50,000 BC. Why don't you take a big bite of REALITY and become part of the solution (knowledge) rather than a part of the problem (ignorance)?
Okay ... maybe not "pegged" but every living thing on the planet has one thing in common ... DNA. Surely by the time our ancestral life-form crawled up onto land our basic layout was well established. Bilateral symmetry, rudimentary lungs, appendages, brain case, gut, etc. It's ridiculous to ignore or deny our relationship to these animals. You're the one swimming in dee Nile.
Brit Expat

Marguerittes, France

#13306 Jul 15, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism is just another man-made religion which is based on FAITH in a set of beliefs. You atheists have absolutely enormous faith that your mental constructs of reality actually represent objective reality despite all evidence to the contrary.
Your "Evidence" to the contrary could be interesting?????

Please continue!

But! PLEASE, no quotes from crappy novels!

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#13307 Jul 15, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Besides being irrelevant to RHill’s question, comparing Ramanujan to Euler is like comparing apples to oranges, bubba.
Euler had an excellent formal education in mathematics and was mentored by one the most brilliant mathematicians in Europe. Ramanujan had NO education in mathematics or anything else, formal or otherwise, and no access to any books about mathematics or anything else. He clearly stated his mathematical knowledge came from dreams/visions which he credited to a Hindu goddess named Namagiri.
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
He asked for an example of higher consciousness, I gave him the example of Ramanujan who clearly obtained his knowledge of mathematics from “something that exists outside the human mind.”
If you have some other explanation for how a "godbot" like Ramanujan obtained his knowledge, let's hear it.
We are all capable, to one degree or another of grasping mathematics, solving problems, using logic, learning a musical instrument, composing a poem or writing a Sonnet, etc. Some are more adept than others. Most 'prodigies' will tell you that they still have to study. They are not 'created' with some special knowledge, but rather, an extraordinary ability to think or focus or something. Nothing magical about it.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#13308 Jul 15, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Genetic tests indicates that 90% of todays Jews, i.e. the Ashkenazi, never had any ancestors who "wandered" around the Middle East, therefore Ashkenazi Jews can not possibly be the blood descendants of Abraham nor do they have any ancestral ties to any country in the ME, including Palestine.
Here ... I'll post this again, just for you:

" http://www.bradshawfoundation.com/journey/&qu... ;

As you can see, the ancestors of JUST ABOUT EVERYBODY had a wander through the Middle East. Quit acting like you are 'oh so special'.

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

#13309 Jul 15, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay ... maybe not "pegged" but every living thing on the planet has one thing in common ... DNA. Surely by the time our ancestral life-form crawled up onto land our basic layout was well established. Bilateral symmetry, rudimentary lungs, appendages, brain case, gut, etc. It's ridiculous to ignore or deny our relationship to these animals. You're the one swimming in dee Nile.
Wrong.

Prions do NOT have DNA but can transmit inherited traits.

There was much weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth when the theory of evolution fell onto its own DNA petard but....hey. That's the way the cookie crumbles, bubba.

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

#13310 Jul 15, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Here ... I'll post this again, just for you:
" http://www.bradshawfoundation.com/journey/&qu... ;
As you can see, the ancestors of JUST ABOUT EVERYBODY had a wander through the Middle East. Quit acting like you are 'oh so special'.
You got it backassward, bubba.

Its the lying, thieving, murdering atheist Ashkenazi Jews who are claiming they are the descendants of Abraham and "oh so special".

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

#13311 Jul 15, 2013
Brit Expat wrote:
<quoted text>
Your "Evidence" to the contrary could be interesting?????
Please continue!
But! PLEASE, no quotes from crappy novels!
Time is an illusion. It's a mental construct which exists only in human minds and has no objective reality.

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

#13312 Jul 15, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
We are all capable, to one degree or another of grasping mathematics, solving problems, using logic, learning a musical instrument, composing a poem or writing a Sonnet, etc. Some are more adept than others. Most 'prodigies' will tell you that they still have to study. They are not 'created' with some special knowledge, but rather, an extraordinary ability to think or focus or something. Nothing magical about it.
That is such an inane pathetic response it doesn't rate even a "Bwaaaaahahahaha..."

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#13313 Jul 15, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism is just another man-made religion which is based on FAITH in a set of beliefs. You atheists have absolutely enormous faith that your mental constructs of reality actually represent objective reality despite all evidence to the contrary.
Religion: The belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, esp. a personal God or gods.

Atheism: The lack of a belief in a deity or deities.

How can Atheism be a "religion" when the two definitions do not match.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#13314 Jul 15, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
What you are is a LIAR, bubba.
I saw where you were posting from BEFORE you opted to hide your location. So did Gray. So did Syrian. We know who you are. You're are a lying, thieving, murdering zionazi Jew who lives in Israel and shills Islamophobia propoganda for shekels.
Never been to Israel. But I don't care what you think. If you cared about liars, thieves and murderers you'd condemn the killings of Muslim by Muslims and the injustice in the Islamic world.

A string of bomb blasts in predominantly Shi'ite provinces of Iraq killed at least 24 people today
http://www.independent.ie/world-news/middle-e...

Fighters trap 200 in Syria mosque
http://www.independent.ie/world-news/middle-e...

Deaths reported in Egypt sectarian attack
Four beaten to death in Giza, near Cairo, by crowd of 3,000 villagers including ultraconservative Sunni Salafists.
http://www.aljazeera.com/news/middleeast/2013...

Iraq Violence Kills 13 in Sunni, Shiite Sectarian Violence; Civil War Looms
http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/490137/2013071...

After Morsi, Christians and churches targeted by Islamists
About a hundred Christian families flee the Sinai after the murder of a Coptic priest and the beheading of a Christian businessman. Gunmen riddle churches with bullets. Christian stores are marked for possible attacks, whilst demonstrations target Patriarch Tawadros, "guilty" of supporting Morsi's ouster. Christians are likely to be scapegoated by Islamist groups and the Muslim Brotherhood.
http://www.asianews.it/news-en/After-Morsi,-C...

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

#13315 Jul 15, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion: The belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, esp. a personal God or gods.
Atheism: The lack of a belief in a deity or deities.
How can Atheism be a "religion" when the two definitions do not match.
LOL Because the two definitions are both your definitions, bubba.

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

#13316 Jul 15, 2013
waleed sadat wrote:
<quoted text>Never been to Israel. But I don't care what you think. If you cared about liars, thieves and murderers you'd condemn the killings of Muslim by Muslims and the injustice in the Islamic world.
A string of bomb blasts in predominantly Shi'ite provinces of Iraq killed at least 24 people today
http://www.independent.ie/world-news/middle-e...
Fighters trap 200 in Syria mosque
http://www.independent.ie/world-news/middle-e...
Deaths reported in Egypt sectarian attack
Four beaten to death in Giza, near Cairo, by crowd of 3,000 villagers including ultraconservative Sunni Salafists.
http://www.aljazeera.com/news/middleeast/2013...
Iraq Violence Kills 13 in Sunni, Shiite Sectarian Violence; Civil War Looms
http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/490137/2013071...
After Morsi, Christians and churches targeted by Islamists
About a hundred Christian families flee the Sinai after the murder of a Coptic priest and the beheading of a Christian businessman. Gunmen riddle churches with bullets. Christian stores are marked for possible attacks, whilst demonstrations target Patriarch Tawadros, "guilty" of supporting Morsi's ouster. Christians are likely to be scapegoated by Islamist groups and the Muslim Brotherhood.
http://www.asianews.it/news-en/After-Morsi,-C...
I saw where you were posting from BEFORE you opted to hide your location. So did Gray. So did Syrian. You're are a lying, thieving, murdering zionazi Jew who lives and posts from Israel and shills Islamophobia propoganda for shekels.

Why don't turn of the hide your location feature and show where you're posting from?

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

#13317 Jul 15, 2013
Regardless I noticed you were afraid to comment on Muslim violence as is usual for your bigoted ass.

Here's a hint. Perhaps when Muslims stop attacking innocent people and slaughtering children the Middle East can live in peace again.
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>I saw where you were posting from BEFORE you opted to hide your location. So did Gray. So did Syrian. You're are a lying, thieving, murdering zionazi Jew who lives and posts from Israel and shills Islamophobia propoganda for shekels.

Why don't turn of the hide your location feature and show where you're posting from?
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#13318 Jul 15, 2013
spudgun wrote:
<quoted text>
Bill and Melinda Gates have give $28 billion to charity. They plan to give 95% of their wealth to charity. Can the same be said of the Saudi Royals?
100 % of their wealth goes to "charity" when they die!!

Not a single Riyal goes with them to the grave!!

What about those Billionaires in your country, that do not give to the charity? You hang them?

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#13319 Jul 15, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>You're entitled to your own opinions, but not your own "facts"

Bwaaaaaahahahahahhahhhahhahaha hahahhah.....
We have facts backed up by evidence.
You have hearsay and not a single piece of evidence.

Why do you think creationism has such a minority following?
The reason is that it has no evidence to support it at all.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Israel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 5 hr MUQ2 37,841
Pope Francis acknowledges State of Palestine (May '14) 5 hr WelbyMD 141
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 5 hr J RULES 71,188
Are Jews of Arab origins ? 7 hr yankee doodle 4
Palestinians to cut ties with Israel if UN gamb... 8 hr Yumpin Yimminy 4
Liberals are tough on Israel and Christianity: ... 9 hr abc 73
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 10 hr festivus infidel 68,906
More from around the web