For women only: cranberries really are a miracle cure

Jan 10, 2008 | Posted by: Cash | Full story: www.sciencecodex.com

Cranberry juice, long dissed as a mere folk remedy for relieving urinary tract infections in women, is finally getting some respect.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 30 of30
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Rachel

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2008

Venice wrote:
Would love to drink cranberry juice, but I feel they place to much sugar in it. It would be wonderful if they placed less sugar in their product. People with diabeties have a problem - so where is the help???????
You're absoleutely right. The sugar content in most juices is much higher than the actual level of benefit one would assume to gain from drinking it. My Bio professor said it right when she stated awhile ago in class that "if you want to drink the juice, you might as well just eat the fruit!" No added sugars, preservatives what have you, just good ol' natural, fresh, plump little berries that go well sliced in a glass of fresh ice water... Good luck and God bless you all in your quest for good health in '08!
Kathryn Schutz

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2008

After enduring a 25 year agony of bladder pain and irritation, that cranberry juice would only help temporarily, I found I was allergic to gluten, and had interstitial cystitis which is connected to gluten (wheat, barley, and oats) allergy. Doctors had missed this because I only got an "8" on skin tests and they were automatically ignoring anything less than a "10". IF cranberry juice helps, so too does apple cider vinegar mixed 50/50 with water, or honey (too much sugar for me)-- IF these help, I'd begin to suspect you're one of the 1 in 10 of European origin who is allergic to Wheat, barley, and Oat GLUTEN.
Kathryn Schutz

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2008

"CURE" implies it makes the irritation go away. "Temporary fix" is all cranberry juice does. You have to drink it day and night, the pure juice (not the sugar added). Apple cider vinegar is far cheaper, but it, cut 50/50 with water, works just as well (NOT distilled vinegar or artificial apple cider vinegar).
grandma

Suffolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2008

I am wondering if fresh cranberries have the same effect, like in fresh cranberry relish? Anybody know??
Houndogger

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2008

Ocean Spray has a 100%(cranberry) juice out which is a combo of grape and cranberry juices with vitamin C added but not sugar added. I get it at Costco in 96 oz jugs. It tastes good and tart. However, they don't tell you the % of each juice. That would be interesting. Here in TN there is one real natural cranberry bog in the east end of the state. It is protected as a natural area.
laughing

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2008

I havent had a UTI since i started taking Cranberry pills i got from a health food store. These are time released. You have to drink liquids with them. I drink water.
jack

Hazel Crest, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2009

I wonder if this is truely true or just a myth.

http://www.ionmeds.com/Adult%20Diapers%20Home...
jack

Hazel Crest, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2009

I think that it only works to prevent UTI versus curing it.

http://www.ionmeds.com/
Dylan M

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

While it does not target the infection, cranberry juice may indeed help relieve symptoms of a mild bladder or urinary tract infection. It's always best to consult a doctor though for proper treatment to prevent the infection from spreading to the kidneys, or reduce the risk of a recurrent UTI. Relevant posts at bladdermeshlawsuit.us/ symptoms-of-failure/ may also be of help to people concerned and interested.
Michelle Z

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Cranberry juice or fruit pills are indeed popular home remedies for bladder or urinary tract infections. I heard they may also help reduce chances of developing recurrent UTIs. While they may be able to ease milder symptoms, there are also severe cases in which professional help is more appropriate. Without proper treatment, UTIs may also spread and damage the kidneys causing more problems. There are more posts about similar problems at bladdermeshlawsuit.us/ what-is-transvaginal-mesh-and- what-is-it-used-for/ that may be of help for those concerned and interested.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 30 of30
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••