For women only: cranberries really are a miracle cure

Jan 10, 2008 | Posted by: Cash | Full story: www.sciencecodex.com

Cranberry juice, long dissed as a mere folk remedy for relieving urinary tract infections in women, is finally getting some respect.

Comments
1 - 20 of 30 Comments Last updated May 6, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Don't Blame Me”

Since: Jan 08

New Bern, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2008

I would be curious to know if they used Ocean Spray cocktail which contains sugars or 100% pure cranberry juice.
Als

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2008

When will some scientific offocialdom learn that the prevention/cure of conditions rests around the 'natural' world with little/no modifications. All we have to do is look. Keeping healthy is a matter of common sense with no/small elaborate practices.
fathertime

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2008

someone must be crazy! if they keep finding 'natural' cures for things, what will become of the big, profit making pharmacetical companies? oh ya, they'll have to lower prices to stay competitive. remember, it's not nice to fool mother nature... ya gotta love it.
Richard

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2008

Might it be possible that different conclusions would have been reached if the study was not funded by OCEAN SPRAY?
meCarver M

Lewiston, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2008

All I can say is it works, 87 Year Old Mother that I am caring for has Alzhimers, gets infections often, give her cranberry juice 3-4 times daily, recently have added apple cider vinegar to her daily plan, has stopped her last infection without medication PS she was sent home with hospice in May of 06 with a few hours to live. She is on Herbalife products, and she is still here.
had enough

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2008

Richard wrote:
Might it be possible that different conclusions would have been reached if the study was not funded by OCEAN SPRAY?
I'm living proof that it does work as kidney stones put me in critical ICU for three weeks and I almost lost my life. Mr doctor told me to keep cranberry juice as a part of my daily life from then on aS IT HELPS YOUR BODY CHEMITRY TO PREVENT MAKING UP STONES and keeps your tract clean and free of infection. IT WORKS!
Joe Purtle

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2008

It certainly does work. I drink the 100% Pure Cranberry juice, not only to keep my urinary trac cleaned out, but also to help control cholesterol.

However, in my situation, it seems to help more with building up HDL....the good cholesterol, than lowering the LDL...the bad cholesterol. I also drink the 100% Pomegranate juice, as it helps keep my PSA down after being diagnosed with early state prostate cancer 6 years ago.

I drink 2 8 oz. servings of each juice each day.
john pompano beach fl

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2008

That reminds me, when is thanksgiving?
Captain Obvious

Montgomery, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2008

fathertime wrote:
if they keep finding 'natural' cures for things, what will become of the big, profit making pharmacetical companies?...remember, it's not nice to fool mother nature....
Wait til people discover they don't need contraceptives!
http://nfpsite.aldred.org/index.php
Momma Carol

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2008

Well I'm off to the store to stock up on this juice. LOL

I know that in the Rain Forest there are many medicinal cures unknown yet to mankind.
SO SLAM DUNK the pharmacutical companies and let's get some real knowledge on natural cures.
jhbivusa

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2008

Gee - where are the myth busters? There is no incentive in the US, or the rest of the so-called 'advanced' nations for that matter, to explore the viability of food, sanitation, exercise and stress-reduction in the maintenance of a comfortable, productive life. Each of us has a natural/acquired resistance to some harmful substances/organisms and each of us needs help to resist others. Some of the soundest advice I ever received re. health I got 60 years ago from a nurse who was then 75 years old -- If you have a craving for a specific food - eat it! That craving is your brain telling you that your body needs something that it knows to be in that food in order to protect your health. Eat and drink when you are hungry and thirsty. Remember to FILL your lungs when you breath, it helps keep them clean. Remember to PLAY with your children and grandchildren, the exercise will slow your own aging processes. Above all - enjoy your life to the fullest that you are capable of. If you really NEED a 5000 sq ft house and 4 cars, etc. to be happy it doesn't say much for the value you place in your family.
Ajepa

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2008

It seems to help my wife. Remember it was not so long ago that it was said that there might be a tree in the forest that had the cure for AIDS? Well don't think it will happen because the person that was going to discover it was aborted.
kek

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2008

Real cranberry and orange juice are very tasty! I enjoy each one but only chosing the one I feel as though my taste buds are telling me to take. As far as 'jhbivusa' says about eating when your body tells you it's hungry...I'm all for that. I go into the kitchen and proceed to look at each item which might satisfy this hunger...after consideration for each I only reach for the one that says...YES THIS IS THE ONE!!! Usually it is some sort of fruit! Go figure...the chips, cakes, cookies, peanuts and chocolate fail the test!
Jan Ohara

Sparta, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2008

r:Richard
It would never be done by a pharmaceutical company because there is no big profit to be made.
This is nature made. The results are unquestionable.

JO not OJ
Rose

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2008

Cranberry capsules (up to 34:1 concentration, available cheap at health food stores) are a great alternative to the watered-down, sweetened junk that's supposed to pass for "cranberry juice."
Venice

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2008

Would love to drink cranberry juice, but I feel they place to much sugar in it. It would be wonderful if they placed less sugar in their product. People with diabeties have a problem - so where is the help???????
Venice

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2008

Rose wrote:
Cranberry capsules (up to 34:1 concentration, available cheap at health food stores) are a great alternative to the watered-down, sweetened junk that's supposed to pass for "cranberry juice."
Rose, you are so right..........

“WWW.BURGY.50MGS. COM”

Since: Nov 07

Youngstown, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2008

Cranberry juice has 35 grams sugar per 8 ox glass; orange juice 25 grams. Both sound like a lot to me.
Pat E

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2008

Yes, I too would love to have cranberries with less sugar. I find the juice is really not adquate if it contains so much sugar...
Herbal junkie

Auburn Hills, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2008

D-Mannose is made from Cranberries.
Had a dog with a UTI last month. A few days of D-Mannose and she was cured.
Taking this in powder or pill form beats trying to get glasses of juice down.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••