Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 69,387
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story
former res

Cheshire, CT

#65520 Jan 9, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
All my life until a year or two ago I thought they were singing coo coo ca choo!
Not - goo goo go chub!
I know! Me too!

Sitting on a what??

Had to look up the lyrics - though maybe you were just making shxt up!(Just like G-d only with an x!)
former res

Cheshire, CT

#65521 Jan 9, 2014
HughBe wrote:
Maxi, here is one of your HATERS of Israel.
Listen well to who he is from the very start of the video. Listen to words like ORTHODOX Jew and Zionist etc.
Listen to his friends etc.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =qMGuYjt6CP8XX
What are you wearing? Mon.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#65522 Jan 9, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>.
Ok - but still.
An orthodox Jew can't WRITE God, but he can speak the name God.
Either the English name should matter or it shouldn't.
Can you see our confusion?
Go back to what I said originally. An orthodox Jew CAN write God. Traditionally they always have. But recently, some Jews, have expanded the custom to include the English God. But that is not the classic orthodox tradition. In the classic tradition the English name doesnt matter. If you notice, I usually just write God. However, Eric doesnt. He follows the later custom. But he is not Orthodox.(That said, I do know some orthodox who dont write it either - but like I said, its not the tradition, its an add on)

Location hidden

#65523 Jan 9, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
I know! Me too!
Sitting on a what??
Had to look up the lyrics - though maybe you were just making shxt up!(Just like G-d only with an x!)
and waiting on a "van" to come? I thought it was man.

Location hidden

#65524 Jan 9, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>.
Ok - but still.
I think I may have misread you. Are you confused that an orthodox Jew can speak the name of God in Hebrew but not write the name of God in Hebrew?

If so, the words in Hebrew are "nicknames'(technically called appellations)- they arent really the name of God in Hebrew - that is never spoken, and never written.

Common appellations are adonay (loosely translated as lord), melech haolam (king of the universe), elohainu (our God), ribbono shel olam (lord of the universe), hashem (the name), etc etc. And the tetragammaton (pronounced as adonay) These are all used when praying/talking to God.

Location hidden

#65525 Jan 9, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
dont get him started. You KNOW he hates gays.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#65526 Jan 9, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Drawers and a very short sexy shorts, only.

Are you in a suit?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#65527 Jan 9, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>.
Ok - but still.
Frijoles----It does apply to the spoken word but not in the way the poster framed the question. God is an English term, and as such, not that relevant to an orthodox Jew....

Former---Ok - but still.

An orthodox Jew can't WRITE God, but he can SPEAK the name God.

HughBe--- The confused will never see, his confusion. Also I take it that to an "orthodox Jew" or more correctly to a member of Judaism the word God is not that relevant to him or her even when s/he knows only ENGLISH or is far more competent in ENGLISH because s/he lives in an ENGLISH speaking country.

Observation, to the "orthodox Jew" s/he can SPEAK the ENGLISH word God because the ENGLISH word becomes RELEVANT although it is not relevant to them.

Finally, the "orthodox Jew" does NOT obey Torah or God. Instead he OBEYS his god-men or rabbis who are ABOVE his Creator.

Torah says, "Thou shalt fear the Lord thy God, and serve him, and shalt SWEAR by his name." Deuteronomy 6:13

How do THEY comply with the above when they do NOT speak the name of God.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#65528 Jan 9, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
dont get him started. You KNOW he hates gays.
former res ---What are you wearing? Mon.

FRijoles----dont get him started. You KNOW he hates gays.

HughBe--- I hate no one. To disagree with someone's behaviour is not the same as HATING him or her. I honestly do NOT hate gays. So, cut the BS.

Moreover, if I hated GAYS or anyone else there is not a DAMN thing that anyone in this world could do to change that hate into love. Again, cut the BS.

Location hidden

#65529 Jan 9, 2014
Oh stop being a pagan already

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#65530 Jan 9, 2014
"Birthday suit" and "French Letters".

Location hidden

#65531 Jan 9, 2014
RABBEE,

I just can't believe that you once worked in the field of science and technology considering the fact that your knowledge of Math, Physics and Chemistry is so poor.

The same applies for a couple of other American posters here who claim to have "doctorates" in "science" and who have worked or who are working in science disciplines.

What I mean is that these posters hardly know anything in Math, Physics and Chem and yet they have been awarded the PhD in scientific disciplines by some misguided US universities where the faculty and the students appear to be sailing in the same sinking boat.

Shame.

Location hidden

#65532 Jan 9, 2014
Had I been a doctoral student, the faculty in the university would have feared my presence since my novel ideas, penetrating questions and excellent skills in Math, Physics and Chem would have been too much for most of them to handle. I tend to learn any new concept or new skill in Math, Physics and Chem very fast and add a few more insights of my own to the subject and am some sort of a perfectionist when I get serious and would have raised the bar in the field of research much higher than most other doctoral candidates.
CTM

Southbury, CT

#65533 Jan 9, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldnt know about such matters, however, it would seem that if you have concerns, there are a few environmental groups who have the ability and experience to sue the state - why dont you bring your concerns to them?
..........You mean like the DEEP? Who do you think are the culprits here? They are the ones changing the rules so they don't have to face liability for their failure to enforce the law as well as having taken kickbacks.Do you even realize there is a Garbage Lobby in DC?
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#65534 Jan 9, 2014
My late Dad (who had a razor sharp mind) had degrees in Math and Law. Odd combination. He was some sort of a genius in Math and would often score 100 on 100 in the subject in school and later in university. He would work out complex calculation mentally and would be coming up with new approaches in problem solving. These excellent analytical skills coupled with a superb command over the English language gave him a distinct advantage over most others who he dealt with. on the dark side, he was a notorious womanizer, a heavy drinker and a wife-abuser. At times, I miss my Dad. He instilled in me the love for perfection and often told me never to rest until a concept or an application had been thoroughly mastered. RIP.

Location hidden

#65535 Jan 9, 2014
My late Mom was the one with terrific style who had great taste in art and a superb flair for languages especially English and French. She had a master's degree on English Lit. I miss her.

Location hidden

#65536 Jan 9, 2014
Well, Hugh, how much do you know in Math?

3 ^ 0 =?

(smiles)
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#65537 Jan 9, 2014
Fuddy Duddy !

Since: Nov 13

Denver, CO

#65538 Jan 9, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
RABBEE,
I just can't believe that you once worked in the field of science and technology considering the fact that your knowledge of Math, Physics and Chemistry is so poor.
The same applies for a couple of other American posters here who claim to have "doctorates" in "science" and who have worked or who are working in science disciplines.
What I mean is that these posters hardly know anything in Math, Physics and Chem and yet they have been awarded the PhD in scientific disciplines by some misguided US universities where the faculty and the students appear to be sailing in the same sinking boat.
Shame.
rabbee: joel you are so na´ve, 80 to 90% or more of what you are taught. you will, never use. a college degree, is only as good as the front door and an interview.

Since: Nov 13

Denver, CO

#65539 Jan 9, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
Had I been a doctoral student, the faculty in the university would have feared my presence since my novel ideas, penetrating questions and excellent skills in Math, Physics and Chem would have been too much for most of them to handle. I tend to learn any new concept or new skill in Math, Physics and Chem very fast and add a few more insights of my own to the subject and am some sort of a perfectionist when I get serious and would have raised the bar in the field of research much higher than most other doctoral candidates.
rabbee: yes joel we know - it was too hard for you to chew bubble gum and do, that at the same time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Israel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bill Clinton takes a shot at Netayahu 6 min barefoot2626 51
Mixed feelings on ISIS pledge 37 min barefoot2626 37
Israel Announces Massive West Bank Land Grab 56 min Grau 104
UN rights expert accuses Israel of 'ethnic clea... (Mar '14) 1 hr Grau 1,976
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 1 hr MUQ1 36,889
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr Osama Bin Laden 118,211
Gazans rush to enjoy life after ruinous war 2 hr Grau 25
•••

Israel People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE