Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 70,627
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#49269 Feb 14, 2013
former res wrote:
Happy Valentine's Day, Huggybear!
Do you have anyone special to share the day with?
Hope he's a nice fella.
http://celatum.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11...
former res

Newtown Square, PA

#49271 Feb 14, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
I had a mixed reaction, and 'iconed' it accordingly.(If that's a word, otherwise it's a new word...)

Location hidden

#49272 Feb 14, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
I had a mixed reaction, and 'iconed' it accordingly.(If that's a word, otherwise it's a new word...)
My choice was purposeful. I am glad you picked up on it.(Re: yesterdays question)(ouch)

Location hidden

#49273 Feb 14, 2013
Saint Valentine (in Latin, Valentinus) is a widely recognized third century Roman saint commemorated on February 14 and associated since the High Middle Ages with a tradition of courtly love. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Valentine

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Courtly_love
Courtly love or domnei was a medieval European conception of nobly and chivalrously expressing love and admiration.[1] Generally, courtly love was secret and between members of the nobility.[2] It was also generally not practiced between husband and wife.[2][3]

Courtly love began in the ducal and princely courts of Aquitaine, Provence, Champagne, ducal Burgundy and the Norman Kingdom of Sicily[4] at the end of the eleventh century. In essence, courtly love was an experience between erotic desire and spiritual attainment that now seems contradictory as "a love at once illicit and morally elevating, passionate and disciplined, humiliating and exalting, human and transcendent".[5]

The term "courtly love" was first popularized by Gaston Paris in 1883, and has since come under a wide variety of definitions and uses, even being dismissed as nineteenth-century romantic fiction. Its interpretation, origins and influences continue to be a matter of critical debate.
former res

Newtown Square, PA

#49274 Feb 14, 2013
I like the fact that courtly love "was also generally not practiced between husband and wife.[2][3"

We just exchange the everyday kind of love!

For example, early this morning i Picked up a couple of pink heart-shaped donuuts at Dunkin Donuts. They looked better than they tasted!

But of course it was the thought........

Location hidden

#49275 Feb 14, 2013
former res wrote:
I like the fact that courtly love "was also generally not practiced between husband and wife.[2][3"
We just exchange the everyday kind of love!
For example, early this morning i Picked up a couple of pink heart-shaped donuuts at Dunkin Donuts. They looked better than they tasted!
But of course it was the thought........
later in the article it says there is no historical evidence courtly love was ever even practiced....

maybe that is the problem with the donuts too. All in the head.
former res

Newtown Square, PA

#49276 Feb 14, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
later in the article it says there is no historical evidence courtly love was ever even practiced....
maybe that is the problem with the donuts too. All in the head.
But what about Homer Simpson??

Can a cartoon character possibly be wrong?!

What would Huggy say?

Location hidden

#49277 Feb 14, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
But what about Homer Simpson??
Can a cartoon character possibly be wrong?!
What would Huggy say?
Better question - if you cartoon a cartoon character, is that blasphemy?
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#49278 Feb 14, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
Why your god has created other gods?
rabbee: well for one thing, you could not even now exist. so it also shows G-D'S mercy, in giving you time and oppertunity to come around. G-D gave you with time, to learn about HIM. even if you, waste it.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#49279 Feb 14, 2013
rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: well for one thing, you could not even now exist. so it also shows G-D'S mercy, in giving you time and oppertunity to come around. G-D gave you with time, to learn about HIM. even if you, waste it.
You have not answered the question... Why your god has created other gods?
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#49281 Feb 14, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

Hey - be of some use

this question came up today: Interpret the relationship between pe and Eh.

What is the answer? All that I know is that they measure basically the same thing.
Hi Papa,

Too busy yesterday. Getting the new apartament on Altamount Road ready. Lots of designing work going on there.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#49283 Feb 14, 2013
OFF to the gym.
Ariel

United States

#49284 Feb 14, 2013
The gays have been persecuted far, far worse than the Jews. At least that's what I heard on Anderson cooper. Gays have been forced to wait in line for over 3 hours just to get into a nightclub. This is truly an atrocity for which there is no historical comparison.

““You must not lose faith ”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#49285 Feb 14, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
Saint Valentine (in Latin, Valentinus) is a widely recognized third century Roman saint commemorated on February 14 and associated since the High Middle Ages with a tradition of courtly love. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Valentine
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Courtly_love
Courtly love or domnei was a medieval European conception of nobly and chivalrously expressing love and admiration.[1] Generally, courtly love was secret and between members of the nobility.[2] It was also generally not practiced between husband and wife.[2][3]
Courtly love began in the ducal and princely courts of Aquitaine, Provence, Champagne, ducal Burgundy and the Norman Kingdom of Sicily[4] at the end of the eleventh century. In essence, courtly love was an experience between erotic desire and spiritual attainment that now seems contradictory as "a love at once illicit and morally elevating, passionate and disciplined, humiliating and exalting, human and transcendent".[5]
The term "courtly love" was first popularized by Gaston Paris in 1883, and has since come under a wide variety of definitions and uses, even being dismissed as nineteenth-century romantic fiction. Its interpretation, origins and influences continue to be a matter of critical debate.
I pays to look where the expression 'get (on) your goat' comes from in relation to valentines day or rather it's percursor the ides of februari. pagan bible.

Location hidden

#49286 Feb 15, 2013
Goats and other livestock falls within the expertise of Hughbe
former res

Newtown Square, PA

#49287 Feb 15, 2013
It's his thing.

Location hidden

#49288 Feb 15, 2013
My Pappy always said accept your gifts and make something of them.
former res

Newtown Square, PA

#49289 Feb 15, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
My Pappy always said accept your gifts and make something of them.
And the converse is also true.

Location hidden

#49290 Feb 15, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
And the converse is also true.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =_VrFV5r8cs0XX
Kind of ironic coming from someone who also flubbed live in front of 33 million people.

I wonder if Hughbe showers afterwords? Do you think he brings the goat in with him? Do goats have love handles?

Location hidden

#49291 Feb 15, 2013
Where is ATF when you need him?

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2013/0...

Russia Already Has Meteor Truthers

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Israel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 2 hr MUQ1 37,657
Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 4 hr Ooogah Boogah 14,456
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 4 hr AN NFL FAN 119,285
West should encourage nuke-free Mideast zone 5 hr Jeff Brightone 1
iranian jews find greater acceptance 7 hr Tim 1
europeans stand up for recognition of palestini... 7 hr Tim 2
turkey to build tax-free industrial zone in pal... 8 hr Tim 1

Israel People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE