Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 71,272
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story
Frijoles

Bristol, CT

#41627 Oct 7, 2012
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's not get carried away now.
Who knows, maybe in the Alice in Wonderland culture of a future Romney Administration, he will appoint a nuclear physicist as poet laureate.
Frijoles

Bristol, CT

#41628 Oct 7, 2012
BTW my wife wants to vote for Mitt because according to him there is no global warming (She knows there IS such a warming but she likes the better idea of creating a new reality)

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#41629 Oct 7, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Its a little than finding a voice. Many of the anti-city comments are nothing more than a screen for racist codewords. Which is amusing to the rest of us who understand that the cities are more than that.
My voice isn't racist, has never been racist. I'm an equal opportunity basher of thugs regardless of race. I just don't like my tax dollars used to fund boondoggles in the city.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#41630 Oct 7, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
So, speaking of rambling, what do you make of the new Mitt? Who is the real Mitt?
And why are the Repubs circling the wagons around him now that he is no longer severely Conservative? To me, that shows what the real issue is. This election to them is not about ideology but a hatefest against Obama (the Urban One).
Question. Has anyone who watches NBC, ABC, CBS, and especially MSNBC ever seen the reality of any conservative? Chris Matthews tingles which pretty much answers the question.
Frijoles

Bristol, CT

#41631 Oct 7, 2012
SeasideSoon wrote:
<quoted text>Question. Has anyone who watches NBC, ABC, CBS, and especially MSNBC ever seen the reality of any conservative? Chris Matthews tingles which pretty much answers the question.
Are you talking conservatives, or severe conservatives?
Frijoles

Bristol, CT

#41632 Oct 7, 2012
SeasideSoon wrote:
<quoted text>My voice isn't racist, has never been racist. I'm an equal opportunity basher of thugs regardless of race. I just don't like my tax dollars used to fund boondoggles in the city.
But you have no problem funding boondoggles in the country. Whats one persons boondoggle is anothers persons treasure. Its a question of values and labels. Dont for a moment think that your boondoggles are less boondogglish than others.

I dont for a moment think you are racist. But I think there are many people with political views that are.
Frijoles

Bristol, CT

#41633 Oct 7, 2012
SeasideSoon wrote:
<quoted text>Question. Has anyone who watches NBC, ABC, CBS, and especially MSNBC ever seen the reality of any conservative? Chris Matthews tingles which pretty much answers the question.
People hide behind labels like conservative or liberal. They have no real meaning beyond tribal affiliation. A lot of people dont feel real unless they are part of a tribe, of which its basis is not being the other tribe.
SeasideSoon

Fortson, GA

#41634 Oct 7, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
But you have no problem funding boondoggles in the country. Whats one persons boondoggle is anothers persons treasure. Its a question of values and labels. Dont for a moment think that your boondoggles are less boondogglish than others.
I dont for a moment think you are racist. But I think there are many people with political views that are.
Which boondoogles would you guess I treasure? I'm particularly fond of interstate highways and yes, national parks.

But..
http://endoftheamericandream.com/archives/30-...

The Pork King, Robert G.Byrd got 3.3 billion into West Virginia.
SeasideSoon

Fortson, GA

#41635 Oct 7, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
People hide behind labels like conservative or liberal. They have no real meaning beyond tribal affiliation. A lot of people dont feel real unless they are part of a tribe, of which its basis is not being the other tribe.
Funny, in the past, I didn't feel part of either tribe. I generally voted Republican the last twenty years, and Democrat before that What I started hearing since Obama was elected, is that people (meaning me) didn't vote for him because he was black and that people (meaning me) don't care about the less fortunate. I think that type of shallow reasoning solidified my tribal affiliation more than anything else.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#41637 Oct 7, 2012
Why Companions of Prophet Did not Write Down Hadith?

The Companion (May Allah bless them) did not think it proper to put the traditions in the written form for three reasons.

1) Initially, the holy Prophet (Peace be upon him) had forbidden them to put anything into writing except the holy Quran while it was being revealed by Allah.

He had said,“Do not write anything that you hear from me except the holy Quran.” The idea was to save the common people from mixing up the word of
Allah with the sayings of the Prophet (Peace he upon him).

Later, when the holy Quran had been fully preserved among the Muslims, the Prophet himself permitted his Companions to write down his sayings. Even then certain Companions avoided the written form out of extreme caution.

2) The Companions (May Allah bless them) were afraid that if the details of the Prophet’s life and his sayings were put in the written form, the coming generations will not pay due attention and importance to learning by heart and
preserving the traditions...

3) The third reason was that Arabs were proud of their exceptionally strong memory and it was still considered a sign of weakness to resort to writing for preserving a historical event...

When the Written Records were First made (Some Misconceptions):

Today let me reveal to you, and it is being established for the first time here in this meeting with you, that it is absolutely baseless to claim that for a period of 90 or 100 years the job of preserving the holy Prophets biographical details and his sayings was limited to oral traditions alone.

The real reason behind this misconception is that chronologically the first written collection of the holy Prophet’s sayings is considered to be Imam Malik’s Muatta, and the first of his biographies is said to be Ibn Ishaq’s Al-Maghazi, The two scholars were contemporary and died in the Hijrah years 179 and 151 respectively.

That is why the first written collection of the holy Prophet’s traditions is deemed to have started in the beginning of the second century of the Hijrah calendar. However, there is sound historical evidence to prove that this work had started a lot earlier than that.

Umar bin Abdul Aziz died in 101 AU. He was himself an eminent scholar and had been the governor of Madinah. He became caliph in 99 AH. During his tenure as the caliph he wrote to Abu Bakr bin Muhammad bin Amr bim Hazm,(the Qadi of Madinah and a great scholar and authority on the holy Prophet’s traditions) and ordered him to begin the work on compiling the sayings and traditions of the holy Prophet.... This executive order was carried out. An account of the holy Prophet’s life, his sayings and deeds was written and compiled. It was brought to the capital and submitted to Caliph Umar bin Abdul Aziz...
Frijoles

Bristol, CT

#41638 Oct 7, 2012
SeasideSoon wrote:
<quoted text>Funny, in the past, I didn't feel part of either tribe. I generally voted Republican the last twenty years, and Democrat before that What I started hearing since Obama was elected, is that people (meaning me) didn't vote for him because he was black and that people (meaning me) don't care about the less fortunate. I think that type of shallow reasoning solidified my tribal affiliation more than anything else.
You may not think that way, but it has been clear since the first day of Obamas presidency that there were a lot of people were pissed off at the idea of a black man as president. What do you think all the birtherism /closet muslim thing is all about?Where else does that irrational hatred come from? I was never a fan of Bush, but you didnt see me exuding that degree of emotion against him.

Regarding the less fortunate, Romney didnt win you any favors in arguing that repubs care. And neither did any of the zanies during the primaries.

Frijoles

Bristol, CT

#41640 Oct 7, 2012
SeasideSoon wrote:
<quoted text>Which boondoogles would you guess I treasure? I'm particularly fond of interstate highways and yes, national parks.
But..
http://endoftheamericandream.com/archives/30-...
The Pork King, Robert G.Byrd got 3.3 billion into West Virginia.
You missed the point. Nothing is a boondoggle. Everything is a boondoggle. Equate boondoggle with pork. People just have different priorities.
SeasideSoon

Fortson, GA

#41641 Oct 7, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
You may not think that way, but it has been clear since the first day of Obamas presidency that there were a lot of people were pissed off at the idea of a black man as president. What do you think all the birtherism /closet muslim thing is all about?Where else does that irrational hatred come from? I was never a fan of Bush, but you didnt see me exuding that degree of emotion against him.
Regarding the less fortunate, Romney didnt win you any favors in arguing that repubs care. And neither did any of the zanies during the primaries.
Obama may've been born in Hawaii, but for some reason, he dallied with the question by not producing a birth certificate, which seems to have been common practice when running for office.
Now whether this was a 'law' is up for debate, since now a law has been introduced to ensure we don't have these problems in the future.
http://www.sonorannews.com/archives/2010/1009...

What I clearly don't understand is why it was necessary to dodge the question for three years, seal college records, and even Michelle's high school records, and distance themselves from questionable associates. If you or I were running for president, we can be sure that every demerit and missed assignment and past affiliation would be on the nightly news. And I wouldn't care - let everybody know who they're voting for. Perhaps you never missed any assignments or had ex-terrorists as acquaintances.

He's a talker for sure. When he was campaigning, I listened to his speeches and he was impressive. I recall one where I actually felt like I was being sucked in and had to shake it off. I remember thinking to myself,'that was scary'. Because it wasn't a logic approach, it was pure emotion. But after three plus years, I recognize the gestures, inflections, and am immune to it. Emotion isn't going to solve the fiscal crisis or bring back home values deflated by the wild lending practices fostered by a Democrat congress that passed laws to force lenders to lend to unqualified buyers. Then everybody got into the junk mortgage business, got rich and the rest of us got to suffer the aftereffects.

Which president started the EPA?
Which president started OSHA?

Which president supported the Clean Air Act?
Which president supported the Clean Water Act, although not the excessive funds projected to be spent on it?
ERA
School integration

Which president proposed a health care plan for low-income families and health insurance for all employees?

Hint. Although the congress was Democrat, several still supporting integration, many of the above initiatives came from a Republican.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#41642 Oct 7, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
BTW my wife wants to vote for Mitt because according to him there is no global warming (She knows there IS such a warming but she likes the better idea of creating a new reality)
In the words of the Myth Busters guy, "I reject your reality and substitute my own."
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#41643 Oct 8, 2012
MAAT wrote:

I've been reading along what others forward. Two would be easy.

Fact is that the image of jesus in the quran is indeed composed of what the church would deem heretical ideas. But since the entire narrative is written in hearsay form it follows suit that anyone could add whatever story they wanted as long as it was a positive contribution i.e. so called inspired writing.

The strange fact is that most of the secular knowledge in islamic countries came from this very enemy.

Which strengthens the idea that it was all about trade wars.

When they do not war they trade.

The old Roman patricians became the new creed ecclesiastics in charge of the same old. Easy to follow this example.

But MUQ what i get from your response is that islam is frankly just another form of christianity.

Ans.

01. What Church believes is itself called “heretical” by many Christians!! The beliefs of Church got universal recognition after many centuries of in fighting between different Christian sects and still there are many sects and denominations.

02. What Christians believe today was not what First and Earliest Christians believed in. Islamic image of Jesus is what was of Earliest Christians and that is why Church considers it heretical.

03. Trade wars and trade issues could be one reason but not the ONLY reasons for international interactions between Muslims and other societies.

04. As regards Muslims getting most of secular knowledge from their ‘enemies”, this is a debatable issue. Every age takes and gives from people living around it. There was a stage when Christians were at the “receiving end” and it were Muslims who were setting standards of knowledge and behaviour.

04. It is strange that you consider islam a modified form of Christianity, many consider islam a modified form of Judaism.

The Truth is that both Judaism and Christianity are “distorted and deviated” form of the religion of Moses and jesus and all past prophets, which was nothing but Islam.

The name Judaism and Christianity themselves are concocted by the followers and have no scriptural basis!!
Frijoles

Bristol, CT

#41644 Oct 8, 2012
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
The name Judaism and Christianity themselves are concocted by the followers and have no scriptural basis!!
The labels Jews and Judaism were not pioneered by the followers, they were giving to us from the rest of society. We speak Hebrew, the language of the scripture, not English.

You dont recognize our scriptures, so why would you make that comment anyhow?

““You must not lose faith ”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#41645 Oct 8, 2012
SeasideSoon wrote:
<quoted text>Obama may've been born in Hawaii, but for some reason, he dallied with the question by not producing a birth certificate, which seems to have been common practice when running for office.
Now whether this was a 'law' is up for debate, since now a law has been introduced to ensure we don't have these problems in the future.
What I clearly don't understand is why it was necessary to dodge the question for three years, seal college records, and even Michelle's high school records, and distance themselves from questionable associates. If you or I were running for president, we can be sure that every demerit and missed assignment and past affiliation would be on the nightly news. And I wouldn't care - let everybody know who they're voting for. Perhaps you never missed any assignments or had ex-terrorists as acquaintances.
He's a talker for sure. When he was campaigning, I listened to his speeches and he was impressive. I recall one where I actually felt like I was being sucked in and had to shake it off. I remember thinking to myself,'that was scary'. Because it wasn't a logic approach, it was pure emotion. But after three plus years, I recognize the gestures, inflections, and am immune to it. Emotion isn't going to solve the fiscal crisis or bring back home values deflated by the wild lending practices fostered by a Democrat congress that passed laws to force lenders to lend to unqualified buyers. Then everybody got into the junk mortgage business, got rich and the rest of us got to suffer the aftereffects.
Which president supported the Clean Water Act, although not the excessive funds projected to be spent on it?
ERA
School integration
Which president proposed a health care plan for low-income families and health insurance for all employees?
Hint. Although the congress was Democrat, several still supporting integration, many of the above initiatives came from a Republican.
I would say tat when someone is eligible to be in the senate, his bonafides and american birthright has lond been established.
So it is a non- issue and to bring it up just shows this nascent racism. Nothing gained for black people in America, if anything it laid it bare.
Come to think of it, he is more American than most with his mulongeon origin. But talk about killing of native Americans and stripping them of their rights than that groups treatment is the abject example.
But this islamic angle or the idiotic marx and hitler comparisons are all disguised (barely though) racism.
They would be laughable if Americans weren't so uneducated and misinformed.(As in not reading an actual law text but following some interest-groups blabla)
A reminder to me that the third world is also present in America.

Location hidden

#41646 Oct 8, 2012
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
01. What Church believes is itself called “heretical” by many Christians!! The beliefs of Church got universal recognition after many centuries of in fighting between different Christian sects and still there are many sects and denominations.
02. What Christians believe today was not what First and Earliest Christians believed in. Islamic image of Jesus is what was of Earliest Christians and that is why Church considers it heretical.
03. Trade wars and trade issues could be one reason but not the ONLY reasons for international interactions between Muslims and other societies.
04. As regards Muslims getting most of secular knowledge from their ‘enemies”, this is a debatable issue. Every age takes and gives from people living around it. There was a stage when Christians were at the “receiving end” and it were Muslims who were setting standards of knowledge and behaviour.
04. It is strange that you consider islam a modified form of Christianity, many consider islam a modified form of Judaism.
The Truth is that both Judaism and Christianity are “distorted and deviated” form of the religion of Moses and jesus and all past prophets, which was nothing but Islam.
1 and 2 the easiest way of finding out is to follow exactly what influenced the image of jesus. It indeed means going through reams of gnostic writings.
We can't go by what the church state, not because it is the church now, but they are inventors and copiers of the narrative and brought it in circulation, but have made many changes.
So anyones guess what the basis would be.
3 they were not the only reason but as usual in any society you find that trade decides who stays in power. It would be naief to suggest that ideas do not filter down from the ruling class.
4 I see little judaism and frankly still found no reason to suppose some judaid-christianity.(Still can't find that book or any writing by Rehme, so as to scrutinize the content).
Influences might have been there, but the hadith shows time and again that when hebrew try to explain their philosophy and show the content of the unchanged book that it is discarded of hand, because their is such a huge gap and it is obvious with the adaptation of jesus that islam is closer to christiani ideas and influences. Also given the mainly christian arab tribes. Not so ignorant, i would say. And as a matter of fact we still find superstitious customs rife i muslim communities.

judaism or jew was indeed an exo-name.

Hoshanah rabbah-last judgement day every year. I find such a salient point.

Location hidden

#41647 Oct 8, 2012
As has been shown when discussing the original codex Sinaiticus, which does not mention the name Jesus anywhere, but that talks, about 'simple man','the people' or 'proof for simple mans eyes'...instead of using the or any name, we find that modern christians are not willing to accept this version.
You would think they would jump in the air for joy in finding an original that brings them closer to the actual event. Well they did at first, but now you find most voicing disappointment and downright refusal to accept it as the actual first form of the gospels. Well they might be but modern versions, thus changed are a better representation.
So the adding and invented theology is deemed more acceptable.
And now we find that, formerly unthinkable, gnostic and heretical -including hebrew writings- are used to establish or keep ideas alive of an actual christology in the earliest centuries.
I would say the same happened when we compare the original first narrative about the Najran christians with the later version turned in ordeal with prayer in the Masjid, giving a loving veneer to the prophet PBUH.

Location hidden

#41648 Oct 8, 2012
SeasideSoon wrote:
<quoted text>Obama may've been born in Hawaii, but for some reason, he dallied with the question by not producing a birth certificate, which seems to have been common practice when running for office.
ERA
School integration
Some reboups used language that we kew from the Vietnam era: scorched eart.
As in the would rather burn America to the ground than stand for a black president any longer.

Therefore it is inherently irrational to fight the implementation of ideas, just because of the colour of skin and political colour of the president.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Israel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
UK Jews feel anti-Semitic backlash 16 min mataleo 1,726
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 2 hr Mandela 119,693
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr Mandela 68,913
TWF: Israel can't last long in its current form. 2 hr Mandela 57
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 3 hr Mandela 37,845
UN rights expert accuses Israel of 'ethnic clea... (Mar '14) 4 hr Mandela 2,173
Palestinians to cut ties with Israel if UN gamb... 5 hr Faith 12
More from around the web