Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says

TEHRAN, Iran- Iran's hard-line President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad yesterday said the world would witness the destruction of Israel soon, the official Islamic Republic News Agency reported. Full Story
The Advocate

Mexico, Mexico

#37645 Jan 25, 2013
w wman uk wrote:
<quoted text> The opinions of Churchill are suported and proved beyond all reasonable doubt by the behaviour of muslims in the middle east and africa pakistan etc. This is regretable but true islam bring violence poverty and flies to the majority of people under its yoke.
Maybe Churchill was useful during the War, but sort of just became a joke after it with his questionable views on minorities and the economy. Also, to be admired by the likes of Margaret Thatcher is nothing to be proud of.
w wman uk

Liverpool, UK

#37646 Jan 25, 2013
ILoveitHere wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to to tell you, I know many Muslims and I've never heard a single one utter anything about killing anyone who didn't practice the Islamic faith.
Its all a question of numbers really muslims are good people when in small numbers say below 5% but above that problems start to issue look at france for example. Its not being hatfull to reconise these trends and the aparant locaust effect of islam.
In the UK we are starting to get moselems saying that areas are moslem areas happend east london 5 muslims arrested today.In the UK we have mosques that import imans from packestan to spread hatred particularly amoung the youth it is our great tolerance for religious practice that allow this to go on. You dont state where in the world you come from perhaps if you got out more you would see that the muslims you refer to would be considered kafir by the extreem element . Have you broached the subject of shira law with them or world dominatation for islam with them?
The little made up story about palistinian girl was so touching. If she were a little Coptic Christian girl having a little jacket say viva Copts she would have probly been assulted raped or worse.
w wman uk

Liverpool, UK

#37647 Jan 25, 2013
cont.UPDATE: "Quranic verses 2.228, 2.282, and 4.11 all codify discrimination against women. Verse 4.34 legalizes wife-beating. Verses 23.5 and 70.28 legalize rape of captive women, which is what Lara Logan was at that moment in time." -Cornelius
More love and charity from the beautiful and peaceful religion! As Egypt's ancient Christian-Coptic community is genocided, the world idly stands by and repeats the pretense that Islam is a "religion of peace." The latest reported atrocity from the Wonderful World of Islam is the kidnap and gang rape of Christian girls in Egypt, with the rapist-beasts receiving what appears to be total immunity for their crimes. Indeed, it is in keeping with the centuries-long Islamic practice of "rape jihad" that these thugs are to be lauded for their despicable behavior.
Where Are Egypt's Christians?
Christians in America and Europe worry about the secularisation of their holiday.... Egypt's Christians have a far more basic worry....
A serious fear of Egyptian Christian parents is not the assimilation of their children into a Muslim majority but the fear of their daughters being abducted, raped and forced to convert to Islam. So fearful are many Christians that they prefer to live in a garbage choked section of Cairo inhabited exclusively by Christians, who would rather risk serious illness and death by disease than the loss of their daughters to predatory Muslims who kidnap their daughters under cover of active police collaboration....
Assyrian International News Agency reports as follows on cases involving Coptic Christian girls who were kidnapped, raped and forcibly converted to Islam by a Muslim gang that was allowed to act with impunity.
Ingy Adel, now 16, was abducted at the age of 12 on her way to school by being anaesthetized and bundled into a car. "I was taken into a room by a man called Sultan, who tied my hands behind my back and raped me," said Ingy. Four men followed Sultan in raping her, "I felt as each one of them raped me, that I was their enemy. They have beaten me ferociously." She said that for a whole month she was given drugs and raped, "more than 50 men raped me." After two months and only through the efforts of her father she was found and brought back home. When they reported the crime to the State Security she was beaten by the officer to change her testimony and say that she ran away from her family with her own free will. "Until today they have done nothing about it and will not do anything, because I am a Christian," sobs Ingy...
The Egyptian government has refused to even extend the minimal protections of dhimmi status to Egypt's Christians. What is done in the name of Islam is simply a rubber stamp for bestial behavior, for the removal of all restraints of human decency....
Ask all of your friends muslims or any other religion what their opinions on this behavior are.
w wman uk

Liverpool, UK

#37648 Jan 25, 2013
ILoveitHere wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to to tell you, I know many Muslims and I've never heard a single one utter anything about killing anyone who didn't practice the Islamic faith. Ever. I have never heard killing or violence encouraged, and some of my very closest friends (Pakistani/ Muslim) forbid their child from playing with guns or watching anything remotely violent. So try to understand how crazy you sound, telling me that my friends aren't peaceful people. You are one of those people who think all Muslims are terrorists. Do you teach your children to fear and hate Islam? I truly hope not. If you tell me where your family is from/ what religion you practice, I can surely tell you some hateful things which have been done or said by them throughout history!
Realize that it is you who is really being hateful. Learn tolerance, accept others and accept their beliefs. You and your faith are no more righteous than anyone else's.
You should read the above your little fairy story about the little palistinian girl with her jacket saying viva palistinia was touching. The reality for a young coptic girl wearing viva the copts would be a beating rape or worse.
w wman uk

Liverpool, UK

#37649 Jan 25, 2013
ILoveitHere wrote:
<quoted text>
Winston Churchill, the war monger??
THIS Winston Churchill??
"Perhaps the next time round the way to do it will be to kill women, children and the civilian population"
- Winston Churchill during the first World War
"I do not want suggestions as to how we can disable the economy and the machinery of war; what I want are suggestions as to how we can roast the German refugees on their escape from Breslau."
-Winston Churchill
"I will not pretend that, if I had to choose between communism and nazism, I would choose communism."
-Winston Churchill Speaking in the House of Commons, autumn 1937
"I am strongly in favour of using poisoned gas against uncivilised tribes."
-Winston Churchill, departmental minute (Churchill papers: 16/16) 12 May 1919 War Office
http://www.whale.to/b/churchill_h.html
And you're asking me to respect his opinion on Islam??
He was the right man at the right time. History has proved him great, not perfect but great. l supose that like mug you believe that hitler and his nazis were peacefull gentlemen ?
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#37650 Jan 25, 2013
-

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/arti...

Yes We Can, We Did, and Now Obama’s Second Term Is Our Responsibility

By Robert Scheer

November 10, 2012 "Information Clearing House" - Yes, election night was a heck of a party and it’s great that the really bad guys lost. Karl Rove and his reactionary ilk were defeated by a new American majority that is younger, more tolerant, rainbow colored and multilingual and one in which women now trump the depressing ignorance of so many older white men. But morning in America already feels too much like a hangover. The house is still a wreck, the family is dysfunctional and there are enormous bills to pay that are not about to go away.

All of us suddenly sobered folks, who voted for Barack Obama because the alternative was so horridly wrong, have got to accept the moral implications of that choice. We won but at what cost? Fool me once, shame on Obama, but fool me twice and I’m the one responsible. That goes for his promises to right the economy by leveling the playing field as well as to end what Obama termed in his victory speech “a decade of war.”

It is now our fingers on the video game buttons that order the drones to kill innocent civilians, and we bear responsibility if the president maintains the Guantanamo gulag and continues to vilify Bradley Manning and Julian Assange for confronting America with its war crimes. Will he make good on his promise to hold the line on the incessant demands of the congressional defense contractor caucus or will he find yet another “good war”?

What about our expectation that Obama will be more vigilant than his vulture capitalist opponent in reining in the greed of the Wall Street crowd that has caused so much economic turmoil? The good news is that Obama, and his party, are far less beholden to the titans of the financial industry than they were the first time around. His own funding from top Wall Street firms that favored him in 2008 was way down, and across the country voters rejected the deregulation and lower tax on high roller income that the finance industry thought it was buying for its more than $400 million in campaign contributions.

“Wall Street Took a Beating at the Polls,” ran the headline in The Wall Street Journal. Referring to what he bemoaned as “Tuesday’s multiple disappointments,” columnist David Weidner added,“not the least of which is the defeat of Mitt Romney, a former private-equity executive who promised to cut or at least review financial regulation while offering more tax breaks for investors. Mr. Romney was perhaps the best hope for Wall Street this fall. He was one of their own, so tantalizingly close to the biggest trading floor of all.”

Parse the cynicism of that sentence, with its image of representative democracy as a frantic for-profit trading pit and you get what crony capitalism is all about. They thought the fix was in on bribing a compliant Congress and instead the two biggest recipients of Wall Street largess went down to defeat. In Massachusetts, Elizabeth Warren, the single most knowledgeable and effective exponent of consumer protection from financial industry scams, soundly beat Sen. Scott Brown, a champion of financial deregulation. The second main Wall Street target, Sherrod Brown, the Democratic senator from Ohio who sponsored legislation that would break up the too big to fail banks, also won decisively, defeating banker-backed Ohio Treasurer Josh Mandel.

MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#37651 Jan 25, 2013
Obama didn’t go as far as the Ohio senator and Harvard law professor Warren wanted but even the much more timid steps toward financial industry accountability that the president endorsed met fierce resistance from members of the Wall Street crowd. Hopefully he will finally get the message that their unfettered greed is the problem and hardly the solution. That’s what it took for Franklin Roosevelt to become the true champion of the commonweal in his second term and it could salvage the historic legacy of this president as well.

Will the president now replace Timothy Geithner, the big bank toady, with a Treasury secretary that Elizabeth Warren, the senator for the 99 percent, can enthusiastically support? How about Sheila Bair for that post? The former chair of the FDIC has been a highly skilled guardian of the public interest with the knowledge base and social conscience required to stand up to the banking lobby and its allies in the Federal Reserve.

The 2012 election represents a profound mandate for change because it was a startling manifestation of the power as well as the presence of the long neglected “other” that is the face of the new America. That is the America that continued to stick with Obama, despite reservations over his actual governance, because the alternative was reactionary in the fullest sense of that word. Theirs is an idealistic trust—indispensable to the survival of our republic—that the president must not be permitted to now squander.

Robert Scheer, editor in chief of Truthdig, has built a reputation for strong social and political writing over his 30 years as a journalist. His columns appear in newspapers across the country, and his in-depth interviews have made headlines.

This article was originally posted at Truthdig

© 2012 Truthdig
jim

Kellyville, OK

#37652 Jan 25, 2013
uber liberal wrote:
95% of Americans see that it's far morfe beneficial to be allies and friends with Iran that it is to be puppets and servants of Israel.
Americans are finally waking up, they see that the US has basically trash talked Iran for almost 3 decades, just like the US did with Cuba.
But these countries are countries of peace and prosperity while Israel is the terrorist state.
Americans firmly believe that it is in our country's best interest to be at peace with Iran and Cubs and to sever our ties with Israel.
I speak for all Americans
ANOTHER BALL FACE LIE FROM SATEN HIMSELF, WHO HAS CONVINCED BLINDED PEOPLE SUCH AS YOURSELF AN OTHERS LIKE YOU, WHO HAVE AN CONTINUSALY SLALLOW LIES SO EASY, IF YOU NEVER SIROUSLY STUDY THE WORD OF ALMIGHTY GOD, YOU AN THOSE LIKE YOU WILL BE FACING A TERIBLE ETERNAL FATE, PRAY AN ASK JESUS TO SHOW YOU THE TRUTH, SINCERELY AN HE WILL, FOR HE IS THE MANNA FROM HEAVEN, THE WORD OF GOD MADE FLESH AN WALKED WALKED AMOUNG US, HE LOVES YOU AND DIED ON THE CROSS FOR ALL WHO BELEIVE, HE IS THE GOD OF THE JEWS AND CHRISTIANS, AND IF IT WERE NOT FOR ANTI SEMITIC HATRED, IN THE CHRISTIAN CHURCH ESPECIALLY IN THE 1930s that swallowed the same lies taught by muzzlims alot more eyes would gladly welcome Jesus Christ into there Heart,(fact). I know there is no other God but the God of the Jews.
jim

Kellyville, OK

#37653 Jan 25, 2013
w wman uk wrote:
<quoted text>You should read the above your little fairy story about the little palistinian girl with her jacket saying viva palistinia was touching. The reality for a young coptic girl wearing viva the copts would be a beating rape or worse.
You not only spread lies, you really have the foggest idea what you are talking about when it comes to God he is not the god they call alllah, call the Only true god Jehovah, Jesus, or Lord of lords and King of kings, but not alllah

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#37654 Jan 25, 2013
jim wrote:
<quoted text> You not only spread lies, you really have the foggest idea what you are talking about when it comes to God he is not the god they call alllah, call the Only true god Jehovah, Jesus, or Lord of lords and King of kings, but not alllah
It is not up to you to decide what others should call their God. You have no right, Jim.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#37655 Jan 25, 2013
w wman uk wrote:
<quoted text>You should read the above your little fairy story about the little palistinian girl with her jacket saying viva palistinia was touching. The reality for a young coptic girl wearing viva the copts would be a beating rape or worse.
You've posted this "fairy tale" comment several times so you must want a response pretty badly, so, here it is-

Are you drunk? You seem drunk.

If you ever expect people to take your opinion into consideration, you shouldn't post when drunk. Sober up.
w wman uk

UK

#37656 Jan 26, 2013
jim wrote:
<quoted text> You not only spread lies, you really have the foggest idea what you are talking about when it comes to God he is not the god they call alllah, call the Only true god Jehovah, Jesus, or Lord of lords and King of kings, but not alllah
Jim you have just shot yourself up the arsse. Read my posts. Islam is a cult giving the content of the koran and the hatred it promotes and suports given the amount of revenge and vengance it advocates a rational person canonly conclude that it was written by manor the devil or both.Early koranic verses are about peace and love because the movement was weak when the despot mohamed gained strenght it was the sword vengence and punishment a paralel with the nazzi hence the term islamofachiest. Extreem islam is almost indistingishable from the nazzis l beleive in that the teachings of Jesus.
w wman uk

UK

#37657 Jan 26, 2013
ILoveitHere wrote:
<quoted text>
You've posted this "fairy tale" comment several times so you must want a response pretty badly, so, here it is-
If you ever expect people to take your opinion into consideration, you shouldn't post when drunk. Sober up.
Several times l asked none could give a truhful answer. l wasnt drunk but even if l was in the morning l would be sober however you will still be nieve and stupid. The truth about the plight of Christians in muslim countries is a fact prove it otherwise.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#37659 Jan 26, 2013
-

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/arti...

What a Paul Craig Roberts Administration Would Look Like

By Paul Craig Roberts

November 10, 2012 "Information Clearing House" - Unless I am being spoofed, several hundred readers wrote me in as their selection for President. I am honored. Some asked if I were elected by write-ins and not instantly assassinated, who would I appoint?

An easy question to answer.

Nomi Prins would be Secretary of the Treasury, and Pam Martens would be Deputy Secretary of the Treasury.

Lew Rockwell would be the chairman of the Federal Reserve.

Michael Hudson would be chairman of the Council of Economic Advisors.

Harvey Silverglate would be Attorney General.

Glenn Greenwald would be Deputy Attorney General.

Dean Booth and Larry Stratton would be White House legal counsels.

Willie Nelson would be Secretary of Agriculture.

Jeffrey St. Clair would be head of the Environmental Protection Agency.

Elizabeth Warren would have whatever post she wants.

Cynthia McKinney would be Secretary of State.

The CIA would be headed by Ray McGovern and Philip Giraldi.

The FBI would be headed by Sibel Edmonds.

Homeland Security would be abolished.

David Ray Griffin and Richard Gage would head the 9/11 investigation.

Bradley Manning would be in charge of closing down the torture prisons.

Julian Assange and John Pilger would be heads of the Public Broadcasting Corporation.

Gerald Celente would be White House Press Secretary.

John Williams ( shadowstats.com ) would be in charge of federal statistics.

Key members of the Bush and Obama regimes from the president down, and every neoconservative would be handed over to the war crimes tribunal for trial.

The Republicans on the Supreme Court would be impeached and removed from office.

Brooksley Born would be in charge of all federal financial regulatory agencies.

Major General Antonio Mario Taguba would be Secretary of Defense.

Col. Lawrence Wilkerson would be Deputy Secretary of State.

Ron Unz would be chief of staff of the White House.

Norman Finkelstein would be US Ambassador to Israel.

Noam Chomsky would be US Ambassador to the UN.

David M. Walker would be Director of the Office of Management and Budget.

The Israel Lobby would have to register as a foreign agent.

I could go on. There are two or three hundred appointments to fill, but I think the picture is clear. It would be an administration that represented Americans, not special interests and foreigners, and an administration that put the country back in order.

But, of course, it is all a dream. No one who actually cares about our country is permitted to serve in public office.
rider

Gwinn, MI

#37660 Jan 26, 2013
9/11 Whodunnitt? You Decide..
w wman uk

Liverpool, UK

#37661 Jan 27, 2013
ILoveitHere wrote:
<quoted text>
As the Coliseum in Rome deteriorates with every passing day, the thoughts of Christian martyrdom and persecution that happened there also seem ages away.

But as surprising as it may sound, it still happens. Instead of Christians being eaten by lions, they are being bombed during protests. Instead of being burned at the stake, their churches are being set on fire.

Coptic Christians in Egypt, the largest contingent of Christians in the country, are under severe attack — so much so that the U.S. Commission on International Religious Freedom announced just recently that Egypt made the list of “Countries of Particular Concern.”

That's not really a list anyone wants to be on: countries put on this list are some of the worst violators of religious freedom. But it’s not enough. Calling a country out will not necessarily force them to change their behavior. A bully doesn’t work like that.

Leonard Leo, chairman of the Commission, told reporters that the final straw was the massacre on the day Coptic Christians celebrated their Christmas Eve services. Since January of this year, 400 Christians have been murdered, hundreds more injured, and multiple churches have been burned, including a massacre on New Year’s Day, where a bomb at a church in Alexandria killed 20 Christians.

The Coptic Christians have been begging for protection from the new Egyptian government without any results. Last Saturday, while Christians were being attacked with gasoline bombs and rocks in Cairo, riot police did not immediately respond; and when they did respond, they looked on for a full hour and did nothing. Soldiers had to be brought in to contain the violence.

The U.S. has directed its own military to help provide protection and apparently has attempted to put diplomatic pressure on the new government for protection. But more has to be done. The Egyptian government is filled with cowards bent on letting Christians suffer at the hands of the majority religion of Islam.

There are 10 million Coptic Christians in the Middle East, where they are overshadowed predominately by the Muslim culture and Islam, President Obama’s fabled “religion of peace.” In fact, it is the radicals, who call themselves Muslim, who are using rape, violence, and church-burnings to persecute this minority religion of Christianity in Egypt.

Persecution is nothing new for Christians (at Concerned Women for America we recently interviewed some local Coptic Christians for an upcoming event on Sharia Law, and the stories they told were stark). The Coptic Christians in Egypt aren’t backing down, nor are they intimidated, but they do want protection.

When is enough violence enough? Maybe much hasn’t changed since centuries ago when early Christians were persecuted and martyred.

Bottom line: If we don’t work with the new Egyptian government to ask them to protect this minority, we could see significant religious cleansing in Egypt. And if that happens, then shame on us.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2011/05/20/cop...
jim

Oklahoma City, OK

#37663 Jan 27, 2013
ILoveitHere wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not up to you to decide what others should call their God. You have no right, Jim.
I not only have a right but commission to tell the world that Jesus Christ is the only way and he is the only light given to man for he is the word of god manifested in the flesh , he loves you very much, but there is not another name in heaven that can save your eternal soul, he is the god of israel, an his covenent land he gave to israel, he is their king of kings an lord of lords, isaiah 53
jim

Conway, AR

#37664 Jan 27, 2013
IRAN, SYRIA, TURKEY, EGYPT, LEBONAN, LIBYA, THE UNITED STATES, CHINA, RUSSIA AN ALL THE OTHER NATIONS CAN IMMEDIATLY THROUGH EVERTHING IN THEIR ARSENAL AT ISRAEL AT THE SAME PRECISE MOMENT AND IMMEDIATELY GET THE WORST CASE OF WHOP-ASS THAT CAN BE GIVEN, BY THE ALMIGHTY GOD OF ISRAEL, HE ALONE IS WELL ABLE TO HANDLE ANY SUCH ATTACK, HE IS THE GOD, he is all knowing and powerful, please nations leave israel alone an give back their coven, t land that was given them over3000 years ago an take down that house of demons where TEMPLE WILL SOON BE WITHOUT THAT EYESORE SOME CALL THE DOME OF THE ROCK, BUT I KNOW IT AS A HOUSE OF DEMONS.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#37665 Jan 27, 2013
jim wrote:
<quoted text> I not only have a right but commission to tell the world that Jesus Christ is the only way and he is the only light given to man for he is the word of god manifested in the flesh , he loves you very much, but there is not another name in heaven that can save your eternal soul, he is the god of israel, an his covenent land he gave to israel, he is their king of kings an lord of lords, isaiah 53
There was "no light" in the world before Jesus Christ came into this world...and there shall be "no light" in the world once he has gone. Is that what you are going to tell?

You know mission of Jesus better than what even Jesus himself knew? Is THAT what you are going to say?

Jesus said "I have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now, however when the Spirit of Truth shall come, he shall guide you into all truth...".

Jesus left the job for the "Spirit of Truth" and you say, there is Jesus and no one else in this world?

Who is this Spirit of Truth of whom Jesus spoke? Have you never pondered ?
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#37666 Jan 28, 2013
-

"We stand today at a crossroads: One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness.
The other leads to total extinction. Let us hope we have the wisdom to make the
right choice." - Woody Allen

"Free election of masters does not abolish the masters or the slaves." - Herbert
Marcuse

"In a society governed passively by free markets and free elections, organized
greed always defeats disorganized democracy." - Matt Taibbi

"As societies grow decadent, the language grows decadent, too. Words are used to
disguise, not to illuminate, action: you liberate a city by destroying it. Words
are to confuse, so that at election time people will solemnly vote against their
own interests." - Gore Vidal

"Popularity should be no scale for the election of politicians. If it would depend
on popularity, Donald Duck and The Muppets would take seats in senate." - Orson
Welles

November 06/07, 2012

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Israel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Netanyahu visit continues to stir emotion 20 min Captain Yesterday 57
U.S. senator threatens aid cut to Palestinians ... 28 min Captain Yesterday 67
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 45 min AN NFL FAN 120,694
Thousands march in Holocaust memorial (Apr '06) 59 min Yumpin Yimminy 487
'Thousands of Russian troops in Ukraine' 1 hr Pro Ukraine 124
On Auschwitz anniversary, leader warns Jews aga... 5 hr Jeff Brightone 1
Is Obama's 'Election Proximity' Excuse a Snub t... 5 hr Captain Yesterday 52
More from around the web