Martin family attorney wanted a better jury

Full story: CBS News

Bob Schieffer reflects that "America has always led best when we led by example," but it's struggling to do that now.
Comments
741 - 760 of 802 Comments Last updated Aug 24, 2013

“Bullsh*% Detector Enabled”

Since: Dec 08

Brooklyn, New York

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2013

Judged:

Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>If i were carrying a gun, why would i give a shit about MMA training?
I don't know. Maybe you should go home and call the police. Then the gun nor the training come into play.
Truth

Rome, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2013

Black Rhino wrote:
<quoted text>Zimmerman is free, but that was a mistake by our justice system. All things have ways of correcting themselves. This will be no different.
No mistake by the justice system at all. The mistake was made when Martin attacked Zimmerman and tried to kill him. There was more than enough evidence offered at trial supporting Zimmerman. NOT GUILTY. THE JURY GOT IT RIGHT.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2013

Judged:

Black Rhino wrote:
<quoted text>
Zimmerman is free, but that was a mistake by our justice system. All things have ways of correcting themselves. This will be no different.
You've been around awhile....You should pick your battles better....somehow, you think you are defending the black race, by defending that savage, Trayvon.....that's your mistake....
Cat74

Mchenry, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2013

In West Pensacola 5 black teenagers, beat, and chased a 77 year old white man. Too bad he didn't have a gun. He could have cleaned up a whole neighborhood. I bet he won't leave home without a gun from now on.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2013

Judged:

Black Rhino wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know. Maybe you should go home and call the police. Then the gun nor the training come into play.
Right...You don't know.....

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2013

Bahhad Penny wrote:
<quoted text>He was walking through an area that had several recent burglaries that started when trayvon began staying in the neighborhood and ended when he died, looked and acted suspicious and matched the description of the person seen committing them.
If the burglaries have indeed stopped, that certainly gives one pause for thought. Interesting.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2013

So, where is the media feeding frenz over this recent murder???? When a black person is killed, it's news, and all the hucksters, as well as our president ty to use the tragedy for political purposes. Yet, when the vic is white, and the shooters are black...the silence is deafening. Again, I ask, since when did the death of a person of color become more of an outrage than the untimely death of a white person? No death is more important that the other, yet the media doesn't see it that way, and I am afraid that neither does our president. The change that has bee orchestrated by the current administraion is not healthy for the well-being of our diverse communities. This "me me" attitude better revert into a "we we" attitude before all heck breaks loose. In this instance, silence IS NOT golden. Evrybody needs to face the facts...bad people come in all colors.

http://www.localmemphis.com/news/local/story/...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2013

s/b: frenzy

Brooklyn, New York

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2013

Judged:

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>No mistake by the justice system at all. The mistake was made when Martin attacked Zimmerman and tried to kill him. There was more than enough evidence offered at trial supporting Zimmerman. NOT GUILTY. THE JURY GOT IT RIGHT.
No. They didn't. But that's the breaks. Our system is not perfect, but I still believe in it.

Brooklyn, New York

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2013

Judged:

Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>You are quite right, Old Man Jessie skirted the law for the last 40 years and got away with it. Now his crazy son and daughter in law will be paying for what the Old Man taught young Jessie.
I'm not sure what anything Jessie Jackson did equates to the murder of a teenager, but if that's your comparison, so be it.
I don't feel sorry for his son and his wife. Those thieves got off light. We agree on that point.

Brooklyn, New York

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2013

Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>You've been around awhile....You should pick your battles better....somehow, you think you are defending the black race, by defending that savage, Trayvon.....that's your mistake....
Really? Savage?
Well, there's your problem.

Thanks for sharing.

Brooklyn, New York

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2013

Bahhad Penny wrote:
<quoted text>Zimmerman broke no laws.

The jury decided it was self-defense and therefore declared him "Not guilty". He could not have been found not guilty by reason of defending his life if there wasn't a violent, potentially deadly crime being committed against him by the man he shot.

Your dead boy was committing a felony not Zman.
What felony?

Brooklyn, New York

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2013

Bahhad Penny wrote:
<quoted text>He was walking through an area that had several recent burglaries that started when trayvon began staying in the neighborhood and ended when he died, looked and acted suspicious and matched the description of the person seen committing them.
Absolutely not true. He was committing no felony. You are now making shit up.

Brooklyn, New York

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2013

Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Right...You don't know.....
And you do? You know the result. You don't know the true story. A dead teenager can't tell his side.
You have no basis for your arrogance. Now that Zimmerman has been found not guilty, you supporters think your hero is infallible.
Cat74

Mchenry, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2013

Trayvon was just walking around when suddenly he decided to grab someone from behind, throw them to the ground, and bang their head on the sidewalk. No, Trayvon planned exactly what he was going to do, and was encouraged by his baby mama to do it. If any of this was untrue Eric Holder, and Trayvons' greedy parent's would have filed civil rights charges already.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2013

Black Rhino wrote:
<quoted text>
And you do? You know the result. You don't know the true story. A dead teenager can't tell his side.
You have no basis for your arrogance. Now that Zimmerman has been found not guilty, you supporters think your hero is infallible.
Just lucky, we have a judicial system, here in America...where the JURY DECIDES FOR THE WHOLE COMMUNITY....

“TUEBOR”

Since: Jul 11

Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2013

Black Rhino wrote:
<quoted text>
No. They didn't. But that's the breaks. Our system is not perfect, but I still believe in it.
"Our"? That's mighty uppity of you, boy.
Truth

Rome, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2013

Black Rhino wrote:
<quoted text>What was Trayvon doing other than walking that attracted the attention of Zimmerman?
Looking around other people's property and under the influence of drugs. Next question please.
Truth

Rome, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2013

Black Rhino wrote:
<quoted text>Zimmerman is free, but that was a mistake by our justice system. All things have ways of correcting themselves. This will be no different.
No mistake made.
Truth

Rome, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2013

Black Rhino wrote:
<quoted text>No. They didn't. But that's the breaks. Our system is not perfect, but I still believe in it.
I believe even more since the jury got this right and an innocent man attacked by a thug has been acquitted.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

24 Users are viewing the Israel Forum right now

Search the Israel Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Erdogan criticises west's silence on Israeli ag... 3 min Ittihat ve Terakki 149
UK Jews feel anti-Semitic backlash 4 min OnlyPatchWork 127
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 11 min HasbhaRAT Trolls Biffers 114,973
US welcomes Egypt's cease-fire plan for Israel 15 min Captain Yesterday 81
UN rights expert accuses Israel of 'ethnic clea... 22 min OnlyPatchWork 544
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 39 min TRD 67,891
American Jews, other 'lone soldiers' serve Israel 1 hr SHYKORA PAUL arts 14
•••
•••